Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
4 Teasers

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/gamenews.php?id=77541

RE: Blaxican
The France missions should be pretty fun. I've never played a game where your mission objective is to lose and surrender.

Zack Fair

Kazenji
Still yet to get Modern Warfare 2

but eh it still the same price that it had back when it got released.

Zack Fair
You mean online?

Kazenji
Buy online off steam?

i've never done that i prefer to go to a shop for games or ebay.

Kazenji
Modern Warfare 3 Details

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-8364-First-Modern-Warfare-3-Details-Rappel-In.html

AsbestosFlaygon
Hey guys..
Which would you buy: SOCOM 4 or this?

Don't want to risk spending my hard-earned money on a mediocre FPS game

Kazenji
Since when was SOCOM a FPS?

unless they've changed things for the 4th one last i remember it was a squad based one.

Impediment
Yeah, I'll probably break down and get this.

I only hope that 3 is more innovative than 2 was. The only new thing about 2 was the massive air support perks.

SOCOM has sucked ass since the PS2 days. I'd get any MW over SOCOM.

The biggest competition for this game will definitely be Battlezone 3, I think. At least in terms of this genre. As far as shooters Gears 3's still gonna be my favorite.

Barker
COD 9001.. yawn.

Not even trying to be hipster, series needs a refresh after this.

Ridley_Prime

Zack Fair
2 CoD per year? Are they fricking insane?

Smasandian
I'm glad they have Spec Ops missions again. Nazi Zombies was ****ing boring.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Smasandian
. Nazi Zombies was ****ing boring.

Been playing by yourself?

Zack Fair
A lot of my friends love zombies. I hate it. I suck at it, but it doesn't inspire me to get better at it so meh.

Bloinky
Spec Ops was boss on MF2... My brother and I would love playing the sneak missions.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Zack Fair
A lot of my friends love zombies. I hate it. I suck at it, but it doesn't inspire me to get better at it so meh.

I don't mind the zombies mode, But i'm not elite at like some people who manage to get to wave 45.....i'm just okay.

-Pr-
Can't wait for this; I'm a huge fan of the story modes of the previous games.

Kazenji
DEUJJGX7p0A

Juk3n
Will be awesome, will break records. I must be one of the few that still look forward to a CoD single player experience and i'll say this..Moar Soap n Price!

The G36 is back, colour me happy.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Juk3n
Will be awesome, will break records. I must be one of the few that still look forward to a CoD single player experience and i'll say this..Moar Soap n Price!

The G36 is back, colour me happy.

U and me both. If Makarov is involved, Price and Soap can't be far behind.

Looking forward to the Special Ops missions.

S_D_J
It's finally happening

Call of Duty Subscription Details
Premium service will work with Black Ops and Modern Warfare 3.

It's not enough to pay 60$ for the game, 10$ for additional online passes, 15$ for 2 new/2 old maps... now you have to pay for youtube integration wink

why do people keep supporting this mediocre franchise?

Zack Fair
10 bucks for online passes in CoD?

Kazenji
Originally posted by S_D_J

Its not all that bad, its the ones from Treyarch that makes it mediocre.

-Pr-
It's finally happening

Call of Duty Subscription Details
Premium service will work with Black Ops and Modern Warfare 3.

It's not enough to pay 60$ for the game, 10$ for additional online passes, 15$ for 2 new/2 old maps... now you have to pay for youtube integration wink

Blame money hungry Activision.

Originally posted by Kazenji
Its not all that bad, its the ones from Treyarch that makes it mediocre.

I thought Treyarch made Black Ops? If so, then i wouldn't call them mediocre at all.

Juk3n

Because no game - on any platform - keeps giving me the FUN, like Modern Warfare. There is no other franchise that keeps me playing for 10 solid monthis until the next yearly installment, on no other merits than being awesome. And i suspect that there are many of me out there. Playing MW2 online with 5 friends from work, in one group rampageing through Team deathmatch is the very height of multiplayer fun for us.

This ELITE addon is a social network for the machinima hardcore and nothing more thana glorified facebook. If they introduce something to do with character customization into the service (anything to distinguish myself on the battlefield and create my own personal persona/avatar) then i'll pay a months sub and get it for that alone.

However the inclusion of this service doesn't mean the game will be inferior in any way to previous (mw2) (mw1) products.

S_D_J
10 bucks for online passes in CoD?

my bad

still, this stupid premium thing can easily spread like the online pass BS did

Because no game - on any platform - keeps giving me the FUN, like Modern Warfare. There is no other franchise that keeps me playing for 10 solid monthis until the next yearly installment, on no other merits than being awesome. And i suspect that there are many of me out there. Playing MW2 online with 5 friends from work, in one group rampageing through Team deathmatch is the very height of multiplayer fun for us.

This ELITE addon is a social network for the machinima hardcore and nothing more thana glorified facebook. If they introduce something to do with character customization into the service (anything to distinguish myself on the battlefield and create my own personal persona/avatar) then i'll pay a months sub and get it for that alone.

However the inclusion of this service doesn't mean the game will be inferior in any way to previous (mw2) (mw1) products.

I did like MW, but everything afterwards has been greatly underwhelming in my opinion: short campaigns, heavily scripted campaigns (to the point that they play themselves), screwing PC players, lack of proper support for any other platform that isn't xbox, overpriced DLC and now this crap.... no expression

Juk3n
my bad

still, this stupid premium thing can easily spread like the online pass BS did

I did like MW, but everything afterwards has been greatly underwhelming in my opinion: short campaigns, heavily scripted campaigns (to the point that they play themselves), screwing PC players, lack of proper support for any other platform that isn't xbox, overpriced DLC and now this crap.... no expression

What crap? it's a service that you don't need and arnt obliged to get, and doesn't hinder your play in any way.

Short campaigns..well, short it may be, but the quality of it - the set pieces, the stageing is all very well done. Quality over quantity n all that.

Heavily scripted campaigns, the most immersive single player experiences are always going to be the most heavily scripted ones are they not. The goal is to move you along at a fast pace, to get your gamer twitch going and to try and present you with some "holy sh!t" moments. This is increasingly hard to do within the strict boundary of a Military (semi) realife Shooter. And IW don't do a bad job at all in that respect.

but you're opinion is your opinion, but are you buying it?

S_D_J
It's stupid to pay for a service that both Battlefield and Bungie offer for free... therefore this thing they're trying to pull is crap no expression

I like big set pieces, but most often than not they take control away from the player and just play themselves (case in point: the first level in Black Ops, you only need to shoot like twice at the end of the level in the highest difficulty), that's not fun, I rather watch cutscenes erm

but that's just my opinion and nobody has to agree with me (though many would)

That said I'm never buying a COD game again

Originally posted by -Pr-
Blame money hungry Activision.

I thought Treyarch made Black Ops? If so, then i wouldn't call them mediocre at all. Black Ops was garbage compared to MW2, imo. Everyone I know who plays CoD either reverted back to MW2 or traded in BO.

Zack Fair
Black Ops was a much more balanced MP game, but overall I think MW2 is the better game.

Black Ops is more balanced but the thing is, not only is boring, but it's still unbalanced. Like, there's a reason why every mother****er in the game uses either the enfield or the commando. Laem laem laem.

-Pr-
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Black Ops was garbage compared to MW2, imo. Everyone I know who plays CoD either reverted back to MW2 or traded in BO.

garbage? I wouldn't go that far. I enjoyed it. I would agree that MW2 is the superior game though.

I meant in relation to MW2, lol. It's a solid shooter.

Nemesis X
I'm glad there's gonna be another Modern Warfare. This game will undoubtedly wash the horrible memories of Black Ops multiplayer away (at least I hope) but wait...a $10 online pass? Go screw yourself Infinity Ward, I ain't paying you a penny for what is free on other shooters and your PAST GAMES! Could someone tell me how this crap was allowed?

-Pr-
I meant in relation to MW2, lol. It's a solid shooter.

Oh, ok then lol.

I did enjoy the story mode of Black Ops quite a bit. I like how scripted the COD games are...

But yeah, it ain't MW.

Zack Fair
it is really, really hard to please everyone when it comes to balance issues.

Not really. Halo is an example of a perfectly balanced game. All it takes is to not make any weapon blatantly superior to all others in any situation, and any weapons that are, need to be something you find on the map, not something every Tom, Dick and Harry can stat with.

Cyner
Not really. Halo is an example of a perfectly balanced game. All it takes is to not make any weapon blatantly superior to all others in any situation, and any weapons that are, need to be something you find on the map, not something every Tom, Dick and Harry can stat with.

i have to agree with this. I'm not a huge Halo player but 2 and Reach are amazing competitively.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Nemesis X
I'm glad there's gonna be another Modern Warfare. This game will undoubtedly wash the horrible memories of Black Ops multiplayer away (at least I hope) but wait...a $10 online pass? Go screw yourself Infinity Ward, I ain't paying you a penny for what is free on other shooters and your PAST GAMES! Could someone tell me how this crap was allowed?

I think you've read that news wrong

thats only for some fancy online mode.

S_D_J
EA To Launch It's Own Competitor To Call of Duty Elite And It's Free

laughing

Zack Fair

Perfectly balanced and yet you have people who will still complain about certain weapons being either too weak or too powerful. Lets not talk about the armor abilities and all the rage they have caused lol

Since MW came out COD has always been an unbalanced piece of shit. Fun but unbalanced as ****. I am not fond of the killstreaks, let alone the perks that reward you for dying like a pussy and all the other BS they have come up with to cater to people who can't play for shit. I may sound like an elitist douche but it just irritates me.

Cyner
Perfectly balanced and yet you have people who will still complain about certain weapons being either too weak or too powerful. Lets not talk about the armor abilities and all the rage they have caused lol

Since MW came out COD has always been an unbalanced piece of shit. Fun but unbalanced as ****. I am not fond of the killstreaks, let alone the perks that reward you for dying like a pussy and all the other BS they have come up with to cater to people who can't play for shit. I may sound like an elitist douche but it just irritates me.

As long as a game is fun people are going to play it. MW games will probably continue to have a long life. I understand what you mean but then when I play CoD i don't take it seriously at all.

As far as the armor abilities go, I friggin love them. They allow for great strategies amongst players who often team with each other. The only thing that's a bit broken is Armor Lock, which I learned to use very well by playing Legendary mode. Mostly I stick to sprint though.

Arachnid1
The France missions should be pretty fun. I've never played a game where your mission objective is to lose and surrender. HA!

Leo.M
I wish it had it offered 4 player co op mod in story. sad

So, a lot more light has been shed on the game. Tons of interesting tidbits in the following links:

A lot of multiplayer info

Some campaign info and redundant MP info

Some highlights for me: No more stopping power, IW isn't discouraging quickscoping, the killstreak overhaul looks awesome, the "specialty" system looks pretty good (though it seems like a huge coincidence that its implemented, considering BF3's doing the same thing...), and no more danger close and one man army. **** yeah! Grenade launcher spammers can die!

socool8520

socool8520

I'm with you buddy. It's really the only online game I want to play. I find it to be faster and more fluid than Halo and much less boring than Bad Company.

socool8520
Black Ops was a much more balanced MP game, but overall I think MW2 is the better game.

I would agree only because there are far less tubers on Black Ops. i still prefer MW over the treyarch Cod' though.

socool8520

I really don't think CoD is any more unbalanced than any other shooter I have played. I think the killstreaks are what make it even more fun. Besides, the deathstreaks really aren't that great anyways, so they don't really bother me. i really don't know of a game that is completely balanced. Everygame has there ridiculous spawn trapping, rocket launchers, over powered guns, glitches, hacks,etc.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by socool8520
I really don't think CoD is any more unbalanced than any other shooter I have played. I think the killstreaks are what make it even more fun. Besides, the deathstreaks really aren't that great anyways, so they don't really bother me. i really don't know of a game that is completely balanced. Everygame has there ridiculous spawn trapping, rocket launchers, over powered guns, glitches, hacks,etc.

Not surprised you think that way.

socool8520
Not surprised you think that way.

Meaning?

Kazenji
AdKgDVruHfo&oref

socool8520
I got the elite edition pre-ordered. I normally wouldn't have paid that price for a game, but I had extra money from trade-ins. I'm pretty excited for this game.

Impediment
Can anybody who owns a PS3 tell me what the f*ck is "Call of Duty Elite"?

It's being offered in the PSN Store at $49.99 for one year.

I have no idea what the hell this is.

Zack Fair
50 bucks? Ain't that a bit too much?

Impediment
I don't even know what it is and I think that it is.

ares834
Black Ops was garbage compared to MW2, imo. Everyone I know who plays CoD either reverted back to MW2 or traded in BO.

BO has zombies and is therefore far superior to the trash that is MW2. Honestly, the only reason I would buy another CoD game is for zombies so I'm passing on MW3.

Nazi Zombies is the most boring, repetitive piece of shit minigame that has ever existed in a video game.

I couldn't even enjoy it while drunk off my ass, and that's saying something.

ares834
Heretic.

crackers

Kazenji
Nazi Zombies is the most boring, repetitive piece of shit minigame that has ever existed in a video game.

I'm guessing you play Horde mode in Gears

so how is that any different??

Zack Fair

I agree.

Bardock42

I don't know if it says anything about you beyond what we already knew anyways.

Zack Fair
Horde > Nazi zombies.

Originally posted by Bardock42
I don't know if it says anything about you beyond what we already knew anyways. Of course it doesn't, silly goose. I have established my impeccible taste in video games on more than one occasion. Originally posted by Zack Fair
Horde > Nazi zombies. Word to yo motha

FinalAnswer

You just don't like it because there is no comedy-relief black guy in it to be inevitably killed off by zombies.

The black guy lived in Modern Warfare 2. 313

FinalAnswer
The black guy lived in Modern Warfare 2. 313

MW2 was not a horror though.

Unless you count it as a psychological horror as Ramirez is a slave to Foley's will, and can only watch in horror as he is forced to put his life on the line to protect Burgertown.

Duh.

Burgertown was the deciding moment of the war. The entire war effort depended on it.

FinalAnswer
And their Burgertown Chicken Tenders that sell for $4.99 and come with fries and soda?

Impediment
Originally posted by Impediment
Can anybody who owns a PS3 tell me what the f*ck is "Call of Duty Elite"?

It's being offered in the PSN Store at $49.99 for one year.

I have no idea what the hell this is.

FinalAnswer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_of_Duty:_Elite

Basically, it's a subscription that gets you free DLC, clan level ups, srs bsns competitions, ect.

Scythe
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
And their Burgertown Chicken Tenders that sell for $4.99 and come with fries and soda?

Oh shi-!

socool8520

Wow. I'm not a huge fan of zombies either, but I wouldn't go there. It can be pretty fun if you have people you know playing with you.

socool8520
50 bucks? Ain't that a bit too much?

I agree completely, but it is the same way with X-Box's 50 price tag to play online. Yet, I still pay it. I'm sure there enough CoD's lovers out there that will be happy to dish out the money. It is kinda worth it if they come out with a bunch of DLC that you get automatically with the elite order, since those packs are 15$ a piece. The only reason I got it is because i had extra trade-in money.

FistOfThe North
mw3's practically cod dlc for $60.

Zack Fair
True.

socool8520
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
mw3's practically cod dlc for $60.

Well that's pretty much true of any shooter that has a sequel. Halo, Fear, Crysis, MoH, Gears, Resistance,Battlefield, the list goes on and on. All that ever changes are graphics, slight perk/weapon class modifications, and maybe one or two gameplay modes. Yet millions of gamers buy them, namely me. stick out tongue

Bluesteel
Omg... Just been looking at some videos of this game, and I am so disapointed. IT STILL LOOKS the same as the rest of them... I mean its the same graphics as MW1, World at War, MW2, and BlackOps. Same shitty looking engine. which btw was not even the best looking thing when it came out in 2007 by any means.

They are just milking this thing now a little too hard imo.

Zack Fair
You realize this now?

Well that's pretty much true of any shooter that has a sequel. Halo, Fear, Crysis, MoH, Gears, Resistance,Battlefield, the list goes on and on. All that ever changes are graphics, slight perk/weapon class modifications, and maybe one or two gameplay modes. Yet millions of gamers buy them, namely me. stick out tongue

No.

Wouldn't know about Fear because I only played the first one. MoH just made it to the current-gen last year. Gears...well yes it could be said it is the same, but they do change the game engine. As for Halo...no. Halo Reach is so different to the rest of the Halos some people don't even consider it Halo.

There is just one big difference in that none of those games get yearly releases(excluding Halo, and Bungie/343 admit that ODST and Anniversary are just meant to compliment Halo 3/Reach respectively)

Did you really buy all of those games and their sequels o_O?

FistOfThe North

i'd hardly consider bf3 dlc-like. it's the start of how real or virtual modern warfare, figuratively speaking, will be experienced interactively.

bf3 will be the basis for whatever else'll come out in the future for the genre that's of high quality. Designers and programmers will use bf3 as an example and inspiration.

with bf3 you're fighting in a vast war.

dlc's are just add on's

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Bluesteel
Omg... Just been looking at some videos of this game, and I am so disapointed. IT STILL LOOKS the same as the rest of them... I mean its the same graphics as MW1, World at War, MW2, and BlackOps. Same shitty looking engine. which btw was not even the best looking thing when it came out in 2007 by any means.

They are just milking this thing now a little too hard imo.

that's what i think. it still has that mw1/2 look still to it. and it looks like it plays the same as well. the engine isn't shitty lookin' though. cod has good graphics running at 60 fps but they should optimize more. it's been what 5 years with kinda the same look.

what's new in mw3 anyway, new perks, new maps and a couple of new guns? it's mw2.5

but hey, people'll buy it and these companies are businesses first so.

the best thing about cod to me is zombies. i'm addicted to zombies, especially blac ops zombies in the theatre of the damned (level 32's the highest i've been)

socool8520
i'd hardly consider bf3 dlc-like. it's the start of how real or virtual modern warfare, figuratively speaking, will be experienced interactively.

bf3 will be the basis for whatever else'll come out in the future for the genre that's of high quality. Designers and programmers will use bf3 as an example and inspiration.

dlc's are just add on's

Yeah, that what they said about bad company as well. They can hype it up anyway they want. I played the beta, didn't see anything revolutionary. It looked like modern combat 2 with much better graphics. Maybe on PC it's better, but on console it didn't seem like the best shooter ever. Fun, but not leaps and bounds better than its predecessors.

Zack Fair
The beta had the worst map ever. I agree that the beta was a big letdown, but don't judge the full game on a beta build that was 6-8 months old in a map that was awful without any vehicles. It didn't feel like battlefield at all.

dlc's are just add on's You said that about Operation Flashpoint. In fact I remember you calling it the Call of Duty killer.

lol.

ArtificialGlory
You said that about Operation Flashpoint. In fact I remember you calling it the Call of Duty killer.

lol.

Operation Flashpoint. What a joke.

FistOfThe North
You said that about Operation Flashpoint. In fact I remember you calling it the Call of Duty killer.

lol.

i still prefer it over cod. realism, or as close as you can get to it, is my thing, when i comes to war games. and OF came closer than any game at the time and in my opinion, to date, what real tactical war is like on the ground as a soldier. i liked how when you got hit, you had to patch up by wrapping up the wounded area with a bandage because if you didn't nurse or patch up the wound you'd eventually die in a few minutes of blood loss. it had a realistic ballistics system.

the island's based on a real island off alaska that (in game) is 9 hours on foot and 4 hrs by jeep. (that's mega vast for a game, and innovative.) you can go anywhere on it. not even BF3 has that large a map. it was a gorgeous game, as well. you can see for miles out. you can even shoot from miles away and evetually be tracked down, by foot or vehicle, by the enemies you shot from miles away while atop a mountain.

the game introduced alot and is indeed better than cod. i had fun with it.

the sequel red river was garbage, though.

Operation Flashpoint basically bombed. It's not "the basis for whatever else'll come out in the future for the genre that's of high quality." No designers and programmers are using Operation Flashpoint "as an example and inspiration", etc etc. That's why I'm laughing at the parallels between your posts.

Similarly, BF3 won't become the standard on anything. It'll sell well, Modern Warfare 3 will outsell it 2 to 1 like MW always does, and BF3 will be one more addition to the niche market that is Battlefield, and ten thousand CoD clones will be released per year. Such is the cycle of life.

FistOfThe North
Operation Flashpoint basically bombed. It's not "the basis for whatever else'll come out in the future for the genre that's of high quality." No designers and programmers are using Operation Flashpoint "as an example and inspiration", etc etc. That's why I'm laughing at the parallels between your posts.

Similarly, BF3 won't become the standard on anything. It'll sell well, Modern Warfare 3 will outsell it 2 to 1 like MW always does, and BF3 will be one more addition to the niche market that is Battlefield, and ten thousand CoD clones will be released per year. Such is the cycle of life.

it bombed sales wise perhaps but if you're talking about quality numbers are no determiner of quality. the smurfs movie made more than a half billion dollars at the box office, more than most high caliber films that have ever come out. does that make the smurfs a good movie?, no.

Tekken 6, clearly the more advanced fighting game, isn't as popular as street fighter 4.

metacritic gave op:fp a 76 saying that the game is "taking gamers as close to war as they'll ever want to get.

And i never said flashpoint was going to be those things. i wrote it about bf3. (although flashpoint has offered some good ideas mainly, and imo, the levels' vastness.)

and you thinking that bf3 will not set any standards is your opinion, a flawed one, but your opinion nonetheless.

Zack Fair

Tekken 6, clearly the more advanced fighting game, isn't as popular as street fighter 4.

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac11/sophie0hp/GIF/oh-no-you-didnt.gif

it bombed sales wise perhaps but if you're talking about quality numbers are no determiner of quality. the smurfs movie made more than a half billion dollars at the box office, more than most high caliber films that have ever come out. does that make the smurfs a good movie?, no.

metacritic gave op:fp a 76 saying that the game is "taking gamers as close to war as they'll ever want to get.

And i never said flashpoint was going to be those things. i wrote it about bf3. (although flashpoint has offered some good ideas mainly, and imo, the levels' vastness.)

and you thinking that bf3 will not set any standards is your opinion, a flawed one, but your opinion nonetheless.

No offense, but my opinion is right and yours is wrong because video game companies are for profit, hence, my point about the sales is important because video games emulate successful games. Why is it that there have been a thousand and one Halo clones and Call of Duty clones, whereas there aren't that many Battlefield clones? Because Halo and CoD make shitloads of money, and that's what's important to game makers. They want to make the most money possible, and it's a proven fact that the gameplay you find in Modern Warfare is just flat out more popular to the masses than the gameplay you find in Battlefield.

anyway...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=517964&pagenumber=1

I don't know why you'd call it "the call of duty killer" if you weren't implying that it would... you know.. put CoD out of business or something. In what way did Flashpoint beat out CoD, besides you just liking it more?

Zack Fair
Noob of Duty 12

FistOfThe North
No offense, but my opinion is right and yours is wrong because video game companies are for profit, hence, my point about the sales is important because video games emulate successful games. Why is it that there have been a thousand and one Halo clones and Call of Duty clones, whereas there aren't that many Battlefield clones? Because Halo and CoD make shitloads of money, and that's what's important to game makers. They want to make the most money possible, and it's a proven fact that the gameplay you find in Modern Warfare is just flat out more popular to the masses than the gameplay you find in Battlefield.

anyway...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=517964&pagenumber=1

I don't know why you'd call it "the call of duty killer" if you weren't implying that it would... you know.. put CoD out of business or something. In what way did Flashpoint beat out CoD, besides you just liking it more?

first off, Blaxican, opinions can't be right or wrong.

secondly it's always been like that though. like for example usually the best music is the independent or underground stuff but pop music, which is of a lower quality, sells more because we have more sheep than actual thinkers that exist in our society.

but you have to admit that it doesn't take much though to play cod. and that's probably why it's so popular. cause it's practically mindless.

and just in case you thought so, high sales numbers does not mean quality. mc donalds is the most popular restaurant in the world, doesn't mean it's cause it has good food.

and actually i asked a question, more than anything rather. (call of duty killer?)

and i've already stated the reasons, more than once, on here and on the older thread. look it up.

cod's just a rehashed annual and bf3 will probably be the start of the end of cod's lone reign at the top. unless it becomes a game that's not practically the same as it's predicessor.

even cod heads are complaining about mw3 being "the same 'ol sh*t" again. google it. in fact that complaint has been an issue for years. not that infinity ward or activision cares. which is why the game remains the same, cause they're making money hand over fist because sheep like cod fanboys keep buying it no matter how supbar or repetetive the games gets every year, year in year out. and i also because there's nothing else. until now.

bf3. which will change things.

Zack Fair
I hope BF3 does switch things around because it looks like they have put a lot of effort into the game.

I will finish Black OPS's campaign and trade it in. I don't know why I bought it in the first place, though I'll admit I had some fun in MP when I wasn't played in that god forgotten Nuketown.

I'll get both games. Wanna finish Soap's story and want to try Special OPS.

first off, Blaxican, opinions can't be right or wrong. Whoever told you that was wrong.

So then in the end you agree. What difference does anything else make? I fully believe that Battlefield 3 is a more complex and well made games than MW3, as BF:BC2 was to MW2. That's irrelevant though, as quality doesn't dictate what sets the standard; popularity does. History has shown this with games time and time again. Every Halo game ever sold has essentially just been a rehash of the first game; and yet it is one of the highest grossing video games of all time; and has 1 million wannabe Halo clones at its footsteps; same with Modern Warfare. You've already gone of your way to explain why this is. So how do you think this will be any different?

Kazenji
zuzaxlddWbk

Impediment
Tomorrow night is the midnight release party of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 at my local Gamestop, and I get to attend as part of my job.

My company is providing two 82" Mitsubishi televisions for Gamestop to display MW3 on since we can "legally" start playing the game at 8 pm until it is authorized to be sold at midnight. The plan is to have mini tournaments and matches for everyone to enjoy until the people eventually start buying the game and going home. The attendance is expected to be 250+.

My general manager and I will be representatives of our store and will be getting paid to hang out and play MW3. It sounds like it's going to be an exciting event.

6GbLvWS-hSs

haermm

Nemesis X
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/11/06/report-french-delivery-truck-hijacked-6-000-copies-of-modern-w/

The people who pre-ordered those copies must be really pissed.

Lord Lucien
6GbLvWS-hSs

haermm *super sigh*

That commenter is right. Treyarch>>>>Infinity Ward.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Nemesis X
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/11/06/report-french-delivery-truck-hijacked-6-000-copies-of-modern-w/

The people who pre-ordered those copies must be really pissed.

Funny how that has happen in France because thats where you actually go in the game

and that quick scoping dammit i hope those types of people online for this franchise.

ArtificialGlory
Does this game even warrant its own thread? Why not just use the MW2 thread?

Because the game is titled Modern Warfare 3, bot not Modern warfare 2?

I understand you were to trying to be facetious. But you are denied.

Mr. Marshall
http://samgilbeyillustrates.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/news_codelite_01.jpg

I thought this was pretty cool. I'll be picking MW3 up in a week or so.

Mairuzu
So..... worth it?

It's getting great reviews across the board, even on relatively unbiased sites like metacritic.

The bottom line is that if you like Modern Warfare gameplay, you'll love the game. It's pretty much MW2.5, but the online system has been completely overhauled. So, that'll keep things fresh.

On the other hand, if you don't like Modern Warfare gameplay, don't bother with the game.

WanderingDroid
Originally posted by Mairuzu
So..... worth it?

Yes!

No copy and paste from MW2. Thank goodness they threw out all that shite from Black Ops.

Thank goodness I didn't bother with that Battlefield 3 horseshit.

Multiplayer is just like I wanted. The righ perks and the matches last longer. Domination could not possibly be more perfect for me.

Noobish friendly...yeah, this is what we should have gotten in MW2.

What the F am I doing here...back to the damn game!

Zack Fair
Originally posted by WanderingDroid

http://images.yuku.com/image/gif/172252d6f96cccd2cb7cad128553c59e89ee47a.gif

socool8520
It's getting great reviews across the board, even on relatively unbiased sites like metacritic.

The bottom line is that if you like Modern Warfare gameplay, you'll love the game. It's pretty much MW2.5, but the online system has been completely overhauled. So, that'll keep things fresh.

On the other hand, if you don't like Modern Warfare gameplay, don't bother with the game.

Usually, you don't tamper with a winning formula. The game is just what I wanted it to be. Tighter controls, better visuals, but same great speed. The perk system is also well done imo, as is the killstreak setup. I'd give it a 9/10. Multiplayer is still the best around imo.

socool8520
You realize this now?

No.

Wouldn't know about Fear because I only played the first one. MoH just made it to the current-gen last year. Gears...well yes it could be said it is the same, but they do change the game engine. As for Halo...no. Halo Reach is so different to the rest of the Halos some people don't even consider it Halo.

There is just one big difference in that none of those games get yearly releases(excluding Halo, and Bungie/343 admit that ODST and Anniversary are just meant to compliment Halo 3/Reach respectively)

Did you really buy all of those games and their sequels o_O?

Yes, I bought them all. I use gamefly, so I get games cheaper.

Reach felt just the same to me, but I guess so.

Gears may have changed engines, but it was still the same thing. Hide behind cover, shoot over cover, repeat for several hours. Not saying it wasn't fun, but it didn't change much.

socool8520
Yes!

No copy and paste from MW2. Thank goodness they threw out all that shite from Black Ops.

Agreed.

Zack Fair
Game feels like the same shit to me, but it can still be fun.

socool8520
Game feels like the same shit to me, but it can still be fun.

Well at least you agree it's fun stick out tongue

Zack Fair
Yeah. Don't get me wrong with all my seemingly negative feedback. I enjoy CoD.

Wondering what you guys like perk/weapon/killstreak wise.

RIP M16

Godly in MW. Decent in MW2. Pure Garbage in MW3

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/519371_o.gif

socool8520

RIP M16

I have only used the m16 like once or twice when I picked it up off a dead guy. It's still acurate and the recoil is minimal, but it is still kinda slow.

I just started playing so I'm only rocking the first few perks. I use sleight of hand pro/stalker pro/can't remember the third.

For gun, I'm really loving the m4 in this game. I got impact and red dot on it.

Killstreaks, I'm using sentry gun, attack helo, and that predator bomber.

What do you use?

Mairuzu

RIP M16

Lol! Damn that exadurated cry. Ruined a sad moment.

"According to figures by VGChartz, Modern Warfare 3 sold a total of 9.3 million copies on launch day making it the biggest industry launch of all time. The Xbox 360 version had 54% of the sales, the PlayStation 3 version had 42% of the sales, while the PC version and Wii version combined had the remaining 4%. As a whole, Modern Warfare 3 is up 33% over Black Ops first day sales, and 55% up over Modern Warfare 2 first day sales."

"'When will this franchise peak?' Many asked this after last year's Black Ops defied all odds and outsold a Modern Warfare Call of Duty game (the very reason the series is so big today); a brand within itself. So it shouldn't come as a surprise that Call of Duty has yet again broken industry records, but it's by how much that makes it staggering.

A reported 1.5 million people queued at midnight globally to get their hands on Modern Warfare 3, with a total of 9.3 million copies sold on the first day. The Xbox 360 version sees around a 54% share, meaning it's the first game on one platform to pass 5 million on its first day. The PlayStation 3 version held 42%, which is around the 4 million mark. Both day ones are only slightly behind Black Ops entire first week sales. The PC version and the Wii version held the remaining 4%, which is around 370,000 units.

As a whole, Modern Warfare 3 is up 33% over Black Ops' first day sales, and a whopping 55% up on the previous Modern Warfare. the US and the UK combined account for 7 million, which is just over 75%.

Early data suggests first week sales are on course for around 12 to 13.5 million. With just over 87 million Call of Duty games already sold on home consoles and PC this generation, by the end of this week the Call of Duty franchise will have sold over 100 million games this generation."

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/88431/modern-warfare-3-tops-93m-first-day-biggest-industry-launch-ever/

Comparetively, Battlefield 3 sold 5 million units in a week.

So, there we have it. Once again CoD hasn't just beaten Battlefield in popularity and sales, but it's destroyed it in sales, and once again no one is even looking at BF3 anymore, aside from the BF fans.

Hence my point earlier in the thread. Why would BF3 become the standard for gameplay, when copying CoD gameplay results in "the largest launch in history history".

Say what you want about MW3's actual quality as a game, but, this is the sad reality.

Zack Fair
Like anyone thought Battlefield would beat it.

It is sad really, because if they actually bothered they could make a much better game, but alas gamers and people in general do not like change. So that is why the franchise is so succesful IMO. People fear this word: adapt . Why bother learning a new metagame and mechanics if I can just rape faces like I have been doing for the past 4 years.

Edit Battlefield sold a ton of units though. Glad for them.

Mr. Marshall
I like Battlefield but Call of Duty is my favorite console shooter.

I'm stoked to play this though, I've been watching some MLG streams, the maps looks great.

Like anyone thought Battlefield would beat it.

It is sad really, because if they actually bothered they could make a much better game, but alas gamers and people in general do not like change. So that is why the franchise is so succesful IMO. People fear this word: adapt . Why bother learning a new metagame and mechanics if I can just rape faces like I have been doing for the past 4 years.

Edit Battlefield sold a ton of units though. Glad for them.

Same here. It's good that BF3 is kicking ass in sales because at least that will provide incentive to put out more games of that quality.

Zack Fair
Yeah. Do you have the game?

Utrigita
"According to figures by VGChartz, Modern Warfare 3 sold a total of 9.3 million copies on launch day making it the biggest industry launch of all time. The Xbox 360 version had 54% of the sales, the PlayStation 3 version had 42% of the sales, while the PC version and Wii version combined had the remaining 4%. As a whole, Modern Warfare 3 is up 33% over Black Ops first day sales, and 55% up over Modern Warfare 2 first day sales."

"'When will this franchise peak?' Many asked this after last year's Black Ops defied all odds and outsold a Modern Warfare Call of Duty game (the very reason the series is so big today); a brand within itself. So it shouldn't come as a surprise that Call of Duty has yet again broken industry records, but it's by how much that makes it staggering.

A reported 1.5 million people queued at midnight globally to get their hands on Modern Warfare 3, with a total of 9.3 million copies sold on the first day. The Xbox 360 version sees around a 54% share, meaning it's the first game on one platform to pass 5 million on its first day. The PlayStation 3 version held 42%, which is around the 4 million mark. Both day ones are only slightly behind Black Ops entire first week sales. The PC version and the Wii version held the remaining 4%, which is around 370,000 units.

As a whole, Modern Warfare 3 is up 33% over Black Ops' first day sales, and a whopping 55% up on the previous Modern Warfare. the US and the UK combined account for 7 million, which is just over 75%.

Early data suggests first week sales are on course for around 12 to 13.5 million. With just over 87 million Call of Duty games already sold on home consoles and PC this generation, by the end of this week the Call of Duty franchise will have sold over 100 million games this generation."

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/88431/modern-warfare-3-tops-93m-first-day-biggest-industry-launch-ever/

Comparetively, Battlefield 3 sold 5 million units in a week.

So, there we have it. Once again CoD hasn't just beaten Battlefield in popularity and sales, but it's destroyed it in sales, and once again no one is even looking at BF3 anymore, aside from the BF fans.

Hence my point earlier in the thread. Why would BF3 become the standard for gameplay, when copying CoD gameplay results in "the largest launch in history history".

Say what you want about MW3's actual quality as a game, but, this is the sad reality.

Without having full knowledge concerning the sales from BF3, but I believe the majority of those was on PC and lets be honest MW3 is getting absolutely nothing sold on PC. I know that the sales from BF3 is peanuts, but the development in the sales is worth a thought or two, iirc about the BF 3 pc sales.

I'm not sure I follow where you're going with that. BF3 probably sold more copies on the PC than Modern Warfare did, yes. The games were both released for the same consoles, though.

Smasandian
Currently, over 76000 people played Modern Warfare 3 MP on Steam at the same time sometime today. As well, over 40000 people played the SP/Spec Ops/Survival at the same sometime today.

I highly doubt that MW3 is getting absolutely nothing sold on the PC. Well, not comparable to consoles, I think MW3 has sold at least a million units on Steam.

Smasandian
Finished the SP, played a bit of Spec Ops missions and Survival Mode and some MP.

Meh. Definitely not as a excited as I was in previous CoD (including Black Ops). I found the SP missions to be very similar throughout the game. It either starts off with a bang and continues to be crazy, or it starts off slow and sneaky and then bangs, and then goes crazy. Missions seem to blend together and I don't really remember which mission had what. The set pieces are great and there is some exciting moments but nothing comparable to previous CoD games. I also think that missions don't have enough time to start up and build up anticipation.

I really hope the next iteration of the series seriously changes the SP up. I do love CoD campaigns (since the Medal of Honor: Allied Assault) but there is always the same type of missions.

As for the MP, it's the same CoD since the original WW2 game. Everybody runs in circles. After playing BF3 for 15 hours, this MP is stale. They didn't change a thing.

Utrigita
I'm not sure I follow where you're going with that. BF3 probably sold more copies on the PC than Modern Warfare did, yes. The games were both released for the same consoles, though.

Rather simple really, in Gameplay Dice said that their primery focus was to reach the PC players, that they considered that as their market, the consoles was more a part of what you have to do today. In securing the pc players they have succeeded, by limiting MW 3 to below 500.000 copies on that platform.

It's all well and good for them to try and save face like that, but it's not relevant to my point about the sales, which is that very few people, percentage wise, really give a shit about Battlefield 3 or its gameplay, as MW3's sales have just proven. Hence, the assertion made on page... 5 or 6 of this thread, that Battlefield 3 is going to set the standard for a quality shooter and will "change the industry", is wrong. It isn't going to change the industry at all. No one is going to say "guys, we need to make a game that's like Battlefield; Battlefield is the game to beat".

Modern Warfare holds that title, and it looks like it's going to keep it for a very long time.

edit- Frankly though; I suspect that the only reason BF3 is selling more on PC has more to do with the fact that IW shit on PC players with the features they implemented in MW2, and less to do with Battlefield's being an omgamazing game. It only costs like a 100 bucks for both games; so if someone was even a casual fan of both they'd just buy both, not choose one over the other.

Utrigita
It's all well and good for them to try and save face like that, but it's not relevant to my point about the sales, which is that very few people, percentage wise, really give a shit about Battlefield 3 or its gameplay, as MW3's sales have just proven. Hence, the assertion made on page... 5 or 6 of this thread, that Battlefield 3 is going to set the standard for a quality shooter and will "change the industry", is wrong. It isn't going to change the industry at all. No one is going to say "guys, we need to make a game that's like Battlefield; Battlefield is the game to beat".

Modern Warfare holds that title, and it looks like it's going to keep it for a very long time.

edit- Frankly though; I suspect that the only reason BF3 is selling more on PC has more to do with the fact that IW shit on PC players with the features they implemented in MW2, and less to do with Battlefield's being an omgamazing game. It only costs like a 100 bucks for both games; so if someone was even a casual fan of both they'd just buy both, not choose one over the other.

That statement was made over 3 months ago, so nothing about saving anything from my perspective, it's rather choosing a battleground. Which by the looks of it MW3 did as well. Which is logical why go all out on both fronts when both companies can get a nice bit of income focusing on two different platforms? (I consider PS3 and Xbox one platform, PC the other)

Smasandian
Went through most of the Spec Op missoins.

I'm a bit disappointed. They are basically retreads of SP campaign which I don't really have a problem with because it's understandable but the majority of missions are the same. You need to go get something or carry something then go through a ton of enemies to do so.

There is a couple of good ones but I found MW2 spec ops missions to be brilliant. Considering MW2 had Spec Ops as well, I would think the mission wouldn't follow the same tread as those and kind of wanted something different.

Originally posted by Utrigita
That statement was made over 3 months ago, so nothing about saving anything from my perspective, it's rather choosing a battleground. Which by the looks of it MW3 did as well. Which is logical why go all out on both fronts when both companies can get a nice bit of income focusing on two different platforms? (I consider PS3 and Xbox one platform, PC the other) Dice's battleground is everything that makes them money, and everyone knows consoles are where the money's at, not PC's. So I highly doubt that the for-profit company that is Dice doesn't care about their console sales as much as they do their PC sales. The reason why PC BF3 is better than console BF3 is because a PC has infinitely more capabilities than any console; not because Dice just wanted the butter on their PC bread.

Even if they wanted to be all about their PC fanbase, they wouldn't be able to since their boss, EA Games, one of the greediest corporations on the planet, doesn't give a shit about fanbases and was constantly breathing down Dice's neck to make as much money as possible.

WanderingDroid
F ck YOU Infinity Ward! You totally f ck up the Scar-L in this game.
If you and an opponent have a simultaneous shootout, that gun will lose it for you. This is atrocious!

Might as well call it

"MODERN UMP45 3"

You either use sub machine guns or snipers on this game. All the Assault Rifles blow chunks in this game.

All the perks favorite Sub Machine Guns. No point in leveling up the weapon.

Zack Fair
I do just fine with the Scar.

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/3290/2qn9sol.gif

Looking forward to the type 95 gun. People claim it is beast.

Utrigita
Dice's battleground is everything that makes them money, and everyone knows consoles are where the money's at, not PC's. So I highly doubt that the for-profit company that is Dice doesn't care about their console sales as much as they do their PC sales. The reason why PC BF3 is better than console BF3 is because a PC has infinitely more capabilities than any console; not because Dice just wanted the butter on their PC bread.

Even if they wanted to be all about their PC fanbase, they wouldn't be able to since their boss, EA Games, one of the greediest corporations on the planet, doesn't give a shit about fanbases and was constantly breathing down Dice's neck to make as much money as possible.

And what maked them money this time around was obviously the PC, so that was their battleground (as they said), with their new graphical system it was imo a really obvious choice to focus on the PC over the consoles, which in the end was from the sales a sound PR strategi. Do you think Activision looks happily at only 370.000 sold copies on PC? Obviously not, but their focus, the consoles, paid off.

And Dice did, so what exactly do EA have to complain about? part of launching a game is also to focus on the player base, Witcher 2 for instance has their focus on the PC and then afterwards converts to Consoles (with a rather small sale in comparison), you as a developer know what market to hit.

FistOfThe North
mw3 is mw 1.3.

CapPlanet
Black Ops online is the best COD game

FistOfThe North
i say black ops nazi zombies is the best cod game.

CapPlanet
i say black ops nazi zombies is the best cod game.

Black Ops online is the best COD game

Lord Lucien
World at War was the best online game.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
World at War was the best online game.

But its shit now for the consoles too many hackers.

Lord Lucien
Oh yeah. I was very sad to see people floating in God mode.

WanderingDroid
I really can't wait to get to level 80 and move on...this was a tad disappointing for me. The maps just click with me...I like the MW2 maps better.

The Nuul
QUgvbd98RnM&

Zack Fair
As always...CoD's campaign is the best thing out there. You can shit on the MP all you want but the campaign is still top notch.

BackFire
Zack, how is it compared to the campaigns of MW 1 and 2?

Also, is there infinite enemy spawning still?

Smasandian
The campaign is the same since Medal of Honor Allied Assault.

There isn't infinite spawning that I noticed. The SP isn't as good as the previous because it's basically the same thing over and over. For instance, every mission usually has the same structure. You start out sneaking about with an NPC. They basically tell you when to stop, start and point out who to kill. Then out of nowhere, no matter how well you sneak around, shit starts flying because it's a scripted event. The mission always ends with you either running away or killing everybody on the map. Or the mission starts with you already getting shot at. As well, the enemy AI is brain dead. They basically sit there and shoot at you until you kill them. They don't actually move. All the problems that CoD games have seem to be magnified in this game.

I wouldn't buy the game for the campaign alone. It was forgettable unfortunately. And this is coming from a guy who actually buys Call of Duty games for the SP.

Lord Lucien
I really can't wait to get to level 80 and move on...this was a tad disappointing for me. The maps just click with me...I like the MW2 maps better. Wait, the prestige level is at 80? They should have taken a leaf outta Treyarch's book and kept it at 50.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by BackFire
Zack, how is it compared to the campaigns of MW 1 and 2?

Also, is there infinite enemy spawning still?

No infinite spawning(Thank God)

I don't want to spoil it...so I'll just say there is a certain guy who always manages to escape, and the mission where you finally nail him and how you nail him was fulfilling. I was on the verge of screaming "FKN DIE YOU PIECE OF SHIT!!!!"

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by The Nuul
QUgvbd98RnM&

what a b*tch.

that's why most women hate video games. it takes away guy attention from them.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>