Who's the biggest Sith Catnip?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Q99
Throughout the eras, many characters have made various Sith look and say, "Ooooh, I want that one as my apprentice!"

Cade and Luke Skywalker, Satele and Bastilla Shan, etc..

If the sith could, say, draft apprentices out of any known SW character of an era, who do you think various sith lords would want as their top draft picks?

*Edit* Say, top three? Would different Sith lords have different preferences? Etc.

ares834
Luke.

Zampanó
Yoda.

Bandon.

Revan.

In ascending order of desirability as apprentice material.

Lord Lucien
Also attractiveness.

Slash_KMC
In random order:

Revan.
R2-D2.

truejedi
doubt they actually want luke. he is crazy powerful, and that's bad for the master in very short order.

ares834
Originally posted by truejedi
doubt they actually want luke. he is crazy powerful, and that's bad for the master in very short order.

But all of these Sith seems to want an apprentice who does become more powerful. Like Bane and Zannah and Sidious and Krayt etc...

truejedi
right, but I think they also want one they can control, like zannah, she was under control a loooong time. Luke is going to be able to overpower most masters in very short order.

RagingBoner
In terms of power, Anakin. Luke would be a second.

In terms of all around effectiveness, Dooku, probably. He was extraordinarily powerful, wealthy, charismatic, and controllable.

Stealth Moose
Naga Sadow.

"Go make me some mass illusion armies, have your own armies from your multiple planets attack, and then chuck a star core at the enemy fleet, *****."

RagingBoner
SM
Naga Sadow.

"Go make me some mass illusion armies, have your own armies from your multiple planets attack, and then chuck a star core at the enemy fleet, *****."

If the Corsair is part of the equation. If not, stick with Dooku.

Stealth Moose
Sadow made that stuff, so I'm sure just owning him as an apprentice means he gets to churn out all sorts of fun stuff for you.

"Sadow, where are my temple destroying amulets?"

"Sadow, make me a ham sammich!"

RagingBoner
SM
"Sadow, make me a ham sammich!"

Does Sadow look like a woman to you?

Stealth Moose
Sith apprentices are known as Shadow Hands to the public and history, and "Kitchenbitch" in private.

RagingBoner
SM
Sith apprentices are known as Shadow Hands to the public and history, and "Kitchenbitch" in private.

Interesting.

Is this why Dooku sought Ventress? Why Vader sought Lumiya? Why Palpatine employed Mara Jade? Because of their natural, prodigious skill in the forbidden Sith Culinary arts?

Stealth Moose
Yes. Sith cookies are serious business. You can't rule the galaxy without good sugary foods.

Darth Subjekt
I always heard that they put Sith weed in the cookies... hence the sith eyes... they're just super baked.

Stealth Moose
This suddenly puts the whole hungering for power into context.

RagingBoner
You will not slander His Imperial Majesty's reputation and honor with allegations of recreational drug use.

Nephthys
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r210/thedarkid/Nier/Act%2020/Part%202/manahislovingthisshit--alittleless.png

Pictured: Young Palpatine.

What a cute lil' bugger!

Darth Subjekt
Dont even get me started on his iowaska and ibogain trips...how do you think they got "the force".....

Slash_KMC
G, what's wrong with recreational drug use?

Nephthys
Drugs are baaaaaad Slash. If you do drugs, then you're baaaad. So don't do drugs. Drugs are baaaad.

Q99
Originally posted by RagingBoner

In terms of all around effectiveness, Dooku, probably. He was extraordinarily powerful, wealthy, charismatic, and controllable.

Yea, his social status does make him valuable to many Sith.

I notice people are going mostly for people with raw power. What about those with unusual abilities? A young Mace might make a good Sith, what with his shatterpoints and all.

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by Nephthys
Drugs are baaaaaad Slash. If you do drugs, then you're baaaad. So don't do drugs. Drugs are baaaad.

Mmmkay.

RagingBoner
S
G, what's wrong with recreational drug use?

First, they are illegal. Above all else, His Imperial Majesty respects and honors the law.

Second, His Imperial Majesty is no common "thug," "gangsta," nor is he likely to condone the viewpoints or fashion-warewear of sk8er-boi/emo/goth/indie/scene/punks. Recreational drug use is neither sophisticated nor elegant for someone of His Imperial Majesty's stature.

Third, his step-father, Gus (whom he once affectionately dubbed "Play-gus," after his funloving spirit) became entangled in the sinister web that is marijuana and went from being an upstanding citizen to a mercilessly lazy bastard whose primary physical activity was hitting his wife, His Imperial Majesty's mother. Both tragically died under mysterious circumstances.

Nephthys
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r210/thedarkid/Nier/Act%2020/Part%202/manahislovingthisshit--alittleless.png

Yes..... very mysterious.

Slash_KMC
First, they are illegal. Above all else, His Imperial Majesty respects and honors the law.

Second, His Imperial Majesty is no common "thug," "gangsta," nor is he likely to condone the viewpoints or fashion-warewear of sk8er-boi/emo/goth/indie/scene/punks. Recreational drug use is neither sophisticated nor elegant for someone of His Imperial Majesty's stature.

Third, his step-father, Gus (whom he once affectionately dubbed "Play-gus," after his funloving spirit) became entangled in the sinister web that is marijuana and went from being an upstanding citizen to a mercilessly lazy bastard whose primary physical activity was hitting his wife, His Imperial Majesty's mother. Both tragically died under mysterious circumstances.

No. Seriously now, give me a reason.

I bet Ashley could give me a good reason. wink

RagingBoner
S
No. Seriously now, give me a reason.

no expression

You're forcing me to leave my character and, as a method actor, this is greatly disturbing. But I shall endeavor to explain this process to you once and only once: I am speaking from the role of His Imperial Majesty the Galactic Emperor Palpatine the Undying's P.R. rep. Given the assumed illegality of recreational drug use in the Star Wars galaxy, it would be inappropriate and disheartening for the galaxy's hated tyrantbeloved leader and democracy's great destroyerchampion to engage in or otherwise condone it. His Imperial Majesty is not a man of vices but of virtue. He doesn't indulge in thoughtless, pointless, illegal behavior to find joy or meaning in his life. That you seem to perceive this as an attack against recreational drug users in "the real world" suggests that you are emotionally insecure and probably higher than a fvcking kite as we speak. ily slashy-washy but STFU -- this entire conversation has been for amusement purposes.

Ahem... I know not who this "Ashley" is, but I bet her boyfriend is a real hunk.

Slash_KMC
no expression

You're forcing me to leave my character and, as a method actor, this is greatly disturbing. But I shall endeavor to explain this process to you once and only once: I am speaking from the role of His Imperial Majesty the Galactic Emperor Palpatine the Undying's P.R. rep. Given the assumed illegality of recreational drug use in the Star Wars galaxy, it would be inappropriate and disheartening for the galaxy's hated tyrantbeloved leader and democracy's great destroyerchampion to engage in or otherwise condone it. His Imperial Majesty is not a man of vices but of virtue. He doesn't indulge in thoughtless, pointless, illegal behavior to find joy or meaning in his life. That you seem to perceive this as an attack against recreational drug users in "the real world" suggests that you are emotionally insecure and probably higher than a fvcking kite as we speak. ily slashy-washy but STFU -- this entire conversation has been for amusement purposes.

Ahem... I know not who this "Ashley" is, but I bet her boyfriend is a real hunk.

He does look like he has had one too many. You know, the ravished appearance and the random maddening laughing say a lot. Also, constantly wearing hoodies? No gangsta right? "Vader, fetch me a pizza, I'm having the munchies."

Q99
I would think Cade would be very high up on the Sith Catnip list. Between (1) high force potential, and (2) uber-healing up to saving those on the brink of death, which a whole lot of Sith lords would be interested in, he has a lot to offer.

RagingBoner
S
He does look like he has had one too many. You know, the ravished appearance and the random maddening laughing say a lot. Also, constantly wearing hoodies? No gangsta right? "Vader, fetch me a pizza, I'm having the munchies."

You shan't be so glib when you receive a visit from ISB.

Then you shall know the meaning of fear!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.