Eternals vs. New Gods

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Thanos
Sersi
Makkari
Ikaris
Hyperion
Forgotten One

Vs

Darkseid
Orion
Big Barda
Mr. Miracle
Takion
Mantis

Gecko4lif
Mr. Miracle solos

SquallX
Takion rapes.

Harbinger
Spite. New Gods murder.

Hyperion Prime
News Gods destroy the eternals

Batman-Prime
Thanos solos.

Sin I AM
eternals

Thanos > Darkseid
Orion > Hyperion....but it wont b easy
Sersi > Barda

the rest will fall in line

quanchi112
Thanos solos.

Galan007
New Gods.

Allankles
New Gods. Takion and Darkseid being the deciding factors.

Batman-Prime
I changed my mind New Gods 10/10

Prep-Man
New Gods.

kevdude
New Gods..

Nihilist
New Gods win, Thanos can't do it all by himself

SquallX
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos solos.

Is that before or after Takion shoves his staff up Thanos ass. Knowing Thanos, and how Death treats him, he might just like the experience.

quanchi112
Originally posted by SquallX
Is that before or after Takion shoves his staff up Thanos ass. Knowing Thanos, and how Death treats him, he might just like the experience. There's nothing Takion can do to defeat Thanos nor any of the other new gods. Thanos would bring death to them all.

Paper Chaser

Sin I AM
miracle would not use the ale so thats a fail argument

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by Sin I AM
miracle would not use the ale so thats a fail argument
According to forum rules he would. Dont like it then gtfo.

iceman24567
New gods stomp

KuRuPT Thanosi
The New Gods do win... not really a fair fight if you ask me. Thanos will do well and take some people out.. but the New Gods team is too strong and he doesn't have enough firepower to help him overcome the New Gods

SquallX
There's nothing Takion can do to defeat Thanos nor any of the other new gods. Thanos would bring death to them all.

You are taking that Death Avatar shit to ****ing literal.

Example. Thanos battles Galactus. Do you believe because he's the avatar of Death, he'll be able to kill Galactus, no way.

There are characters that are beyond death itself, it means unless a higher power allows them death, they ain't dying.

quanchi112
You are taking that Death Avatar shit to ****ing literal.

Example. Thanos battles Galactus. Do you believe because he's the avatar of Death, he'll be able to kill Galactus, no way.

There are characters that are beyond death itself, it means unless a higher power allows them death, they ain't dying. Yes, I believe Thanos is beyond Galactus as the avatar of death. I also didn't see galactus kill anyone while in the cancerverse.

SquallX
Yes, I believe Thanos is beyond Galactus as the avatar of death. I also didn't see galactus kill anyone while in the cancerverse.

laughing out loud

Sr J-Bieb
Yes, I believe Thanos is beyond Galactus as the avatar of death. I also didn't see galactus kill anyone while in the cancerverse. There's times when I want to stand up and cheer your posts, and then there's times when you make me put my face in my palms, and then I get distracted and start smelling my palms.

quanchi112
laughing out loud Laughing won't refute my points.

Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
There's times when I want to stand up and cheer your posts, and then there's times when you make me put my face in my palms, and then I get distracted and start smelling my palms. Just listen to me brandon and all will be well. The prophecy says a being will save kmc. That being is me.

celestialdemon
New Gods win. Thanos can take any of these guys one on one, but he can't beat them all at once.

quanchi112
Originally posted by celestialdemon
New Gods win. Thanos can take any of these guys one on one, but he can't beat them all at once. How can they beat Thanos ?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
According to forum rules he would. Dont like it then gtfo.

maybe if u read the forum rules you'd know wtf u were talking about

Harbinger
So Thanos is abstract now according to Quan? Oh Dear ****ing God.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Harbinger
So Thanos is abstract now according to Quan? Oh Dear ****ing God.

I though according to some people Thanos was always an abstract...

Allankles
Darkseid would destroy Thanos. How would he escape the Omega Sanction? Also Thanos couldn't do anything to Takion. And a high end Orion and Mantis would give him a hard time.

Allankles
maybe if u read the forum rules you'd know wtf u were talking about

We do know that there is one thing that can make him use the ALE, the death of his wife.

Nihilist
Thanos would beat Darkseid down Doomsdays style, he can't take a decent punch to save his file

Allankles
Not likely, just because Supes beat him a few times doesn't mean Thanos is doing the same.

For one, in those instances Superman was amped and then used his speed. These are not the kind of problems Thanos would pose, as he can't physically replicate what Superman did.

And the Hunter/Prey story arch was full of PIS. No reason why a planet filled to the brim with cosmic level WMDs would have a problem getting rid of Doomsday.

Furthermore, Darkseid can do things like increase his size which would give him an advantage in a purely h2h altercation.

More importantly than that Darkseid has the Omega Sanction (and the Omega Effect which is beyond death), and since Thanos has no reality warping powers, he's a gonna.

Bentley
Darkseid solos. Thanos gets time-bfrd easily.

Nihilist
Lol at Allankles post, simple facts Darkseid take a punch

TheLordofMurder
Quan is a pure idiot as pertains Thanos; he once tried to argue that Thanos outranks the Celestials...

Batman-Prime
Darkseid would destroy Thanos. Takion too. Mantis could, and Orion has a good chance of defeating him too. When I think about it... New Gods stomp.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Allankles
We do know that there is one thing that can make him use the ALE, the death of his wife.

So? His wife is not in this thread so your point is moot, and unless its stipulated in the OP it should not be used. People act as if Miracle is a chump unless he uses the ALE the guy has gone the distance with Clark which puts him "on the level" of the maj of combatants here.

Sin I AM
even with CIS off it still shouldnt be used since the ale is considered a total opposite of everything he represents

Allankles
So? His wife is not in this thread so your point is moot, and unless its stipulated in the OP it should not be used. People act as if Miracle is a chump unless he uses the ALE the guy has gone the distance with Clark which puts him "on the level" of the maj of combatants here.

His wife does happen to be in the fight. And the only time he ever used it was because of her death, and the sense of powerlessness he felt from his inability to protect her.

I'm not even arguing that he'll use it, just that he can and has.

quanchi112
Darkseid would destroy Thanos. How would he escape the Omega Sanction? Also Thanos couldn't do anything to Takion. And a high end Orion and Mantis would give him a hard time. Just like he destroyed batman and superman, right ? Wrong. The guy has failed to destroy orion, doomsday, superman, and raker all far beneath Thanos on the totem pole.

Thanos is too powerful, too intelligent, too durable, and too versatile for Darkseid to have a chance.

The omega sanction has never taken anyone out near Thanos level.

Thanos would destroy Mantis who was last seen like a bumbling oaf against Superman with Kalibak. Takion has never done anythng warranting even a minor challenge for Thanos. He was also easily destroy by the Im unlike Orion.

Originally posted by Bentley
Darkseid solos. Thanos gets time-bfrd easily. Teleportation.Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Quan is a pure idiot as pertains Thanos; he once tried to argue that Thanos outranks the Celestials... Upset ?

celeyhyga17
I would take Thanos over anyone in team NG..
Team NG win cause they are too stacked.. Besides pruneface, only Sersi proves to be a hard challenge..
DS, Takion, Mantis, Orion are too much...

Brockalizer
With just Thanos and Sersi the rest of the team can sit it out and watch. I agree with Quanchi. Darkseid is arguably the NG's biggest baddest gun and even he has repeatedly failed against opponents that Thanos would dong smack, Takion and Mantis don't have feats that would even remotely suggest that they'd represent a threat to the Mad Titan. I see Thanos bending Takion over and shoving Darkseid's head up his NG ass. With Mistress Death wearing a sexy black cheerleader outfit while taunting Orion "U-G-L-Y you aint got no alibi."

quanchi112
Originally posted by Brockalizer
With just Thanos and Sersi the rest of the team can sit it out and watch. I agree with Quanchi. Darkseid is arguably the NG's biggest baddest gun and even he has repeatedly failed against opponents that Thanos would dong smack, Takion and Mantis don't have feats that would even remotely suggest that they'd represent a threat to the Mad Titan. I see Thanos bending Takion over and shoving Darkseid's head up his NG ass. With Mistress Death wearing a sexy black cheerleader outfit while taunting Orion "U-G-L-Y you aint got no alibi." Nice wildcats reference. I bet the stinking youth on this board has no clue what you're talking about.

Prep-Man
New Gods.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Prep-Man
New Gods. How do they defeat Thanos ?

Truthslayer90

quanchi112
Originally posted by Truthslayer90
Darkseid or Takion could solo Based off of what ?

Truthslayer90

quanchi112
Oh yeah, Orion with AF could solo also. Based on ?

Prep-Man
Oh yeah, Orion with AF could solo also.

Orion always soloes.

Truthslayer90

Igniz
New Gods

Bentley
Would Thanos teleporting save him from an attack that travels through time and space? I don't think so, Omega Sanction would work, Thanos has never shown an actual defense against it.

Also, you continue citing this "he didn't kill Superman" as if you weren't aware that DC won't just kill his heroes in a random adventure, as if you could messure a characters from the amount of kill he amases.

DS solos, Thanos is the only danger but he can be dealt with using time-bfr.

Truthslayer90

quanchi112
Would Thanos teleporting save him from an attack that travels through time and space? I don't think so, Omega Sanction would work, Thanos has never shown an actual defense against it.

Also, you continue citing this "he didn't kill Superman" as if you weren't aware that DC won't just kill his heroes in a random adventure, as if you could messure a characters from the amount of kill he amases.

DS solos, Thanos is the only danger but he can be dealt with using time-bfr. You have zero proof the omega sanction would defeat Thanos especially since he can teleport under his own power.

The power also didn't kill DD. You can make up as many excuses as you like why this doesn't count and why that doesn't count it doesn't change the fact the omega sanction/beams/effect is nowhere near as deadly as it once was portrayed years ago.

Prep-Man
lol

Gracie Grace

Nihilist
Thanos teleported under his own power from inside a black hole when it destroyed his ship and armor/tech. Thanos also teleported into Afro Magus dimension/timeline under his own power.

Bentley
Originally posted by Nihilist
Thanos teleported under his own power from inside a black hole when it destroyed his ship and armor/tech. Thanos also teleported into Afro Magus dimension/timeline under his own power.

I'd be interested in knowing the issue numbers in which Thanos travels to Magus's alternate world, since it's the only thing remotely similar to time-bfr anyone has mentioned so far.

Nihilist
Its in his very early appearances iirc its from Adam Warlcoks series/ Warlock Chronicles.

Allankles
You know the Omega Sanction isn't just time BFR, it's reality manipulation. With Batman it was used as time BFR to make Batman's body build up omega energy so that said Omega Energy would destroy reality when Batman got back to the present timeline.

The Omega Sanction most people are referencing is the one that warped Mr Miracles life, putting him through alternate realities, where he had no powers and wasn't a hero. IIRC Miracle was saved by his motherbox. That version of the OS makes you go through lives constructed by DS to break your spirit and ego to nothing, until your soul becomes a reflection of DS.

Unless Thanos can affect reality to counter the ultimate restriction that is OS, he'll get put down. The OS as shown is seven soldiers is a living reality, which was said could adapt to anything.

Quan also doesn't know what he's talking about, mentioning stuff that happened in H/P or Apok Now as if his Omega Powers were anyway near as impressive in those stories as they've been in recent years.

If DS had used the OS in H/P the story would have ended in two panels.

Brockalizer
You know the Omega Sanction isn't just time BFR, it's reality manipulation. With Batman it was used as time BFR to make Batman's body build up omega energy so that said Omega Energy would destroy reality when Batman got back to the present timeline.

The Omega Sanction most people are referencing is the one that warped Mr Miracles life, putting him through alternate realities, where he had no powers and wasn't a hero. IIRC Miracle was saved by his motherbox. That version of the OS makes you go through lives constructed by DS to break your spirit and ego to nothing, until your soul becomes a reflection of DS.

Unless Thanos can affect reality to counter the ultimate restriction that is OS, he'll get put down. The OS as shown is seven soldiers is a living reality, which was said could adapt to anything.

Quan also doesn't know what he's talking about, mentioning stuff that happened in H/P or Apok Now as if his Omega Powers were anyway near as impressive in those stories as they've been in recent years.

If DS had used the OS in H/P the story would have ended in two panels.
Unless there is a particular incarnation of Thanos required for the thread then I think that IW Thanos, when he had the Reality Gem, would definitely be able to withstand the OS.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Jesus H. Christ... DS gets the ever lovely SHIT beat out of him by Thanos. DS isn't in Thanos league in h2h combat and would get pretty much destroyed the way DD destroyed him. The OS and OE have been dealt with MULTIPLE times on panel by beings much less than Thanos. Thanos can block them with his shields... teleport out of the way... fire blast directly at it like superman did. That just isn't working on Thanos. Once it doesn't... DS will engage in h2h combat and get wrecked.

Harbinger
Pretty sure the OS has never been deflected, only Darkseid's Omega Beams (by Supes' HV, Diana's bracers, and the Infinity Man). Hell, even IM got tooled by the Omega Effect when DS used it. Thanos might be able to shield the Beams, but not the Omega Sanction.

Gracie Grace

Batman-Prime
Lol @ DS being not in Thanos league... though... yeah you are right DS is way above Thanos.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Gracie Grace
Actually, Thanos has never been able to teleport thru time, or from nothing. His tech based teleporting abilities only go as far as his ship's reach and they only work in space. He would not be able to teleport from unspace, nothingness, or an alternate reality. He's never been shown to teleport under his own power from an alternate time line. The Omega Sanction would be able to dump him in an alternate reality. Or the Omega Effect should be able to send him hurling thru time. Or go thru time and kill a weaker version of Thanos. Also, Darksied didn't use the Omega Sanction nor the Omega effect again Doomsday. He used the Omega force. Which is nothing but pure force. The very fact that Doomsday was rendered immobile briefly is a testament to the Force's power. It is the only time in the history of the character where pure energy was used and he actually halted a rampage. The Omega powers are actually more powerful than years ago. You do realize that Superman Hunter Prey was years ago. And that the most recent showings of DS's Omega Powers are pretty uber. He smacked Firestorm out who had just beaten Amped Kalibak. He lights out Orion and Mr. Miracle. Who both gave good fights to the Infinity Man. DS is a beast. Stop using Apok now and Hunter Prey. Both are Old as shit and irrelevant. He teleported through time with the Surfer before. That's a claim you can't back up. He also had no tech on him when he got free from an artificial black hole so I fail to see your point and not only that you made it up.

He's also gone to Magus' alternate reality before so once again you are wrong.

None of this has ever occurred and on top of that we see Thanos go through time under his own power.

Darkseid used the omega beams which is another term for his omega powers however the writer chooses to use the terminology. But since you want to hear the word omega effect then we look at apokolips now.

It buried him under rubble. Not the most convincing showing as of yet and to make matters worse Doomsday was killed via multiple k-nians physically after he's come back stronger from this showing.

What has Darkseid done recently to support this current supposed powerup you are claiming ?

So beating Firestorm and Orion proves what ? He also was physically murdered by Orion one on one.

Also in countdown Superman was going *** for tat with Seid until k-nite was used so as usual nothing has changed.

Bentley
He teleported through time with the Surfer before. That's a claim you can't back up. He also had no tech on him when he got free from an artificial black hole so I fail to see your point and not only that you made it up.

He's also gone to Magus' alternate reality before so once again you are wrong.

Is that in the respect thread?

KuRuPT Thanosi
It should be. The fact is, there is ZERO reason to believe DS OS or OE would work for sure on Thanos when lesser beings have stopped it with ease.

Harbinger
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
It should be. The fact is, there is ZERO reason to believe DS OS or OE would work on Thanos when lesser beings have stopped it with ease. Factually incorrect. There's a world of difference between the Omega Beams and the OS and OE. 3 people have deflected the Beams (again, since you've conveniently ignored this, Diana, Supes, and the Infinity Man). No one has ever deflected the Sanction or OE. There's no reason to think that Thanos would when no one else has been able to do so.

KuRuPT Thanosi
You are factually incorrect. Go review the scans again.. it say OMEGA EFFECT not beams

Galan007

If DS had used the OS in H/P the story would have ended in two panels. Spot on. thumb up

KuRuPT Thanosi
I'm unclear on something... So, those other showings don't count because he had a better showing with them recently?

Galan007
^ The Omega Sanction (what Allan was referring to) has only been seen in Seven Soldiers, and Final Crisis. It's a separate Omega power Darkseid has at his disposal - one that isn't written as pure weaksauce like some of his other abilities have been. It has never failed.

quanchi112
Is that in the respect thread? I am not sure I don't look at his respect thread.Originally posted by Harbinger
Factually incorrect. There's a world of difference between the Omega Beams and the OS and OE. 3 people have deflected the Beams (again, since you've conveniently ignored this, Diana, Supes, and the Infinity Man). No one has ever deflected the Sanction or OE. There's no reason to think that Thanos would when no one else has been able to do so. Superman deflected the omega effect in apokolips now.

Sin I AM
His wife does happen to be in the fight. And the only time he ever used it was because of her death, and the sense of powerlessness he felt from his inability to protect her.

I'm not even arguing that he'll use it, just that he can and has.

your point, this isnt bloodlust or to the death so it wouldnt matter

Gracie Grace

Harbinger
Kurupt for the fail.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Harbinger
Kurupt for the fail.

Funny you say I fall when it said Omega EFFECT in Apok now.. yet you said it said Omega Beams. Me correcting you isn't fail kid.

Lord Prime
New Gods

Magog
Nega Bump!

Originally posted by byrdgang21
Thanos
Sersi
Hyperion

Vs

Darkseid
Orion
Big Barda

What if we made it just these three?

I think Thanos takes Darkseid, and Barda takes Hyperion...Sersi can mind fk Orion while those battles conclude. Thanos then dispatches Barda quickly and after that Orion is toast.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.