Magneto vs Black Adam

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Fight takes place in New York.

Magneto shields is up.

Fight takes place in New York.

Who wins?

Sin I AM
is erik at his best? or current incarnation

Black bolt z
BA

SevenShackles
what can magneto do to hurt/stop Black Adam?

long pig
Same thing could be said about Mag with his shield up. What's ba gonna do to him?

Mindset
BA busts through Mags shields and turns him into a eunuch.

long pig
Why would he do that? What would he use to remove the testicles? Explain your theory.

Martian_mind
Originally posted by long pig
Why would he do that? What would he use to remove the testicles? Explain your theory.

For the lulz and his teeth I'd imagine.

long pig
This whole annoying "lulz" thing has gone too damn far.

Martian_mind
This whole annoying "lulz" thing has gone too damn far.

Yet, not as far as trolling.

srankmissingnin
Black Adam breaking Magneto's shields is wishing thinking... and that is if you want to be an optimist. If you want to be a realist it's not wishful thinking, it's complete horse shit.

long pig
Touche.

long pig
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Black Adam breaking Magneto's shields is wishing thinking... and that is if you want to be an optimist. If you want to be a realist it's not wishful thinking, it's complete horse shit. As per usual I agree with, yet despise, srank. big grin

Bentley
I think Eric can beat BA in these conditions.

YoungGunna
Black Adams wins

Uriel005
God Strength vs. ridiculous forcefields... I smell a SHAZAM lightning bolt cooking Mags in his shield in the near future. like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7Nf-m6WGl4&feature=player_detailpage#t=150s

carver9
Originally posted by Uriel005
God Strength vs. ridiculous forcefields... I smell a SHAZAM lightning bolt cooking Mags in his shield in the near future. like this.

Superman was a beast on that clip. Loved it.

Bentley

If BA uses his thunder he's screwed, Mags can redirect it and turn him into Teth.

Prep-Man
That doesn't always work. I'd give BA the majority.

long pig
lulz

Prep-Man
Once the fight begins, Magneto notices his head ripped off, falling to the ground. Speed kills.

the ninjak
Shields are up.

-Pr-
current Magneto wins.

Also, does the fight take place in New York?

Uriel005
Originally posted by Bentley
If BA uses his thunder he's screwed, Mags can redirect it and turn him into Teth. magic more than actual lighting though.

Placidity

Holy cow?

Flash so slow though.

chomperx9
Originally posted by -Pr-
current Magneto wins.

Also, does the fight take place in New York? Vegas

current Magneto wins.

Also, does the fight take place in New York? yout think so? I'm surprised. how do see it going?
BA should take a while to break through the shields and Mags can do his thing in the mean time, but BA's magical body reconstruction might be an unsurmountable advantage, I can see it negating iron rip, and matter manipulation attacks, but perhaps brain shut down could work... regualr energy blasting and accelerating metal projectiles can wear him down too... Im not sure here

Placidity
I watched that clip like another 20 times.

Black Adam stole the spotlight IMO.

Is currently there a thread for this? Cause its making me orgasm and I can't stop.

Sin I AM

i love the art and cinematography, but flash was seriously depicted wrong

-Pr-
Originally posted by 753
yout think so? I'm surprised. how do see it going?
BA should take a while to break through the shields and Mags can do his thing in the mean time, but BA's magical body reconstruction might be an unsurmountable advantage, I can see it negating iron rip, and matter manipulation attacks, but perhaps brain shut down could work... regualr energy blasting and accelerating metal projectiles can wear him down too... Im not sure here

Magneto's recent push is what convinces me. On average, i'd give Adam the win over an "average" Magneto. But the wormhole making, bullet affecting Magneto would take it imo.

gotcha I would say the same, BA's average is clearly higher and his regen is an ace, but mags has been on a roll...the mega-earthquake showing was good as well, I'll say it's a split for now

batdude123
Magneto's recent push is what convinces me. On average, i'd give Adam the win over an "average" Magneto. But the wormhole making, bullet affecting Magneto would take it imo.

Meh, I still really don't see how any of his current feats are supposed to change the end result of this fight, in all honesty. The "bullet" feat is, while impressive, highly contextual; he isn't going to have an extended period of time to meditate on a mountain top for this. And Black Adam isn't some giant metal bullet that will be able to be manipulated like that. His fight with Proteus, again while impressive, was based largely on the fact that he's a being of pure energy. Magneto's never even faced someone with a combination of strength/invulnerability/speed at this level before, let alone beaten him. This fight essentially comes down to how long Magneto can hold his shields up against Black Adam's assault, and I think it'll only be a matter of time before Adam breaks through. For all Erik's tricks, I don't see him hurting Adam all that much.

Also, lulz @ Magneto being able to manipulate magical lightning from Shazam in order to depower Adam.

carver9
Originally posted by Placidity
I watched that clip like another 20 times.

Black Adam stole the spotlight IMO.

Is currently there a thread for this? Cause its making me orgasm and I can't stop.

Black Adam did steal the show but I liked Supes better and Green Lantern was beastly as well.

Flash was moving in slow motion because they fought CONSTANTLY, it was continuous battle and I am pretty sure he was fatigued... all of them, including Adam.

The only reason Supes did so good was due to the Sun. He replinished himself whereas no one else had that luxury.

Uriel005
Originally posted by Sin I AM
i love the art and cinematography, but flash was seriously depicted wrong I agree. Still epic though.

carver9
I'm giving this to Mags imo. He has ways, a lot of ways, of dealing with Adam.

-Pr-
Originally posted by batdude123
Meh, I still really don't see how any of his current feats are supposed to change the end result of this fight, in all honesty. The "bullet" feat is, while impressive, highly contextual; he isn't going to have an extended period of time to meditate on a mountain top for this. And Black Adam isn't some giant metal bullet that will be able to be manipulated like that. His fight with Proteus, again while impressive, was based largely on the fact that he's a being of pure energy. Magneto's never even faced someone with a combination of strength/invulnerability/speed at this level before, let alone beaten him. This fight essentially comes down to how long Magneto can hold his shields up against Black Adam's assault, and I think it'll only be a matter of time before Adam breaks through. For all Erik's tricks, I don't see him hurting Adam all that much.

Also, lulz @ Magneto being able to manipulate magical lightning from Shazam in order to depower Adam.

I could easily see it going your way too...

Originally posted by carver9
Black Adam did steal the show but I liked Supes better and Green Lantern was beastly as well.

Flash was moving in slow motion because they fought CONSTANTLY, it was continuous battle and I am pretty sure he was fatigued... all of them, including Adam.

The only reason Supes did so good was due to the Sun. He replinished himself whereas no one else had that luxury.

supes wasn't that amped. he had been weakened before then, and was trying to get his strength back. the fact that he only came back when diana called for him implies that he wasn't ready.

ankur29

supes wasn't that amped. he had been weakened before then, and was trying to get his strength back. the fact that he only came back when diana called for him implies that he wasn't ready.

confused

how do you explain adam's punches not hurting or barely phasing him?

cause superman is that much stronger? eek!

pfft yeah right

-Pr-
Originally posted by ankur29
confused

pfft yeah right

This is a video where Deathstroke was a match for Wonder Woman. Something tells me accuracy wasn't their primary motivator in writing that scene.

Philosophía
This is a video where Deathstroke was a match for Wonder Woman. Something tells me accuracy wasn't their primary motivator in writing that scene. Seeing Deathstroke's confrontation with Wonder Woman in the actual comic, I'd say it was.

ha-som

-Pr-

Omega Vision
laughing

zeel
Same thing could be said about Mag with his shield up. What's ba gonna do to him?

BA bust's through his shields and kill him. Thor can do it so can BA.

carver9
When has Thor broke through CURRENT Magneto or any Magneto after his classic level shields? Its not happening and if it does happen, its not happening any time soon. What we do know is that Adams durability can drop after a long battle and Magneto is the right person to give it to him.

Imo, Mags 6 or 7/10

Bentley

OMACs used actual lightning to turn Captain Marvel into Billy, so I'm pretty sure there is enough lightning in his move for Magneto to use.

batdude123
Originally posted by Bentley
OMACs used actual lightning to turn Captain Marvel into Billy, so I'm pretty sure there is enough lightning in his move for Magneto to use.

When was this? Sounds like PIS of the highest magnitude.

supes wasn't that amped. he had been weakened before then, and was trying to get his strength back. the fact that he only came back when diana called for him implies that he wasn't ready. well, he was prolly amping to the pointnhe could stomp them all, which he actually did do before falling to the kryptonite trick. it wasnt a very sound strategy though, if he stayed there everyone would have been killed before he returned on his own just the same.

-Pr-
When has Thor broke through CURRENT Magneto or any Magneto after his classic level shields? Its not happening and if it does happen, its not happening any time soon. What we do know is that Adams durability can drop after a long battle and Magneto is the right person to give it to him.

Imo, Mags 6 or 7/10

You actually read X-Men, right?

Originally posted by 753
well, he was prolly amping to the pointnhe could stomp them all, which he actually did do before falling to the kryptonite trick. it wasnt a very sound strategy though, if he stayed there everyone would have been killed before he returned on his own just the same.

Maybe, I dunno. I like my version better. sneer

Mindset
When was this? Sounds like PIS of the highest magnitude. I disagree.

Now that that is settled.

Originally posted by Mindset

Also, lulz @ Magneto being able to manipulate magical lightning from Shazam in order to depower Adam. it shouldnt do much to him or the shields either though

batdude123
Originally posted by 753
it shouldnt do much to him or the shields either though

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

leonidas
i think this is a great match tbh. i'm still undecided. i certainly don't think it's a sweep for either but still not sure who'd take a majority....

Hyperion Prime
BA wins this. If Thor can almost get through Mags shields then I am sure BA can do it too. Besides what can Mags do to BA? I don't know if he can pull the iron out of BA. Besides I don't even know if BA body is humanin that form.galan_blackadam2

Uriel005
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
BA wins this. If Thor can almost get through Mags shields then I am sure BA can do it too. Besides what can Mags do to BA? I don't know if he can pull the iron out of BA. Besides I don't even know if BA body is humanin that form.galan_blackadam2 wouldnt be able to get the iron to exit his body. Invulnerability.

leonidas
wouldnt be able to get the iron to exit his body. Invulnerability.

wouldn't have to get it out of his body. he could simply drive it away from his heart or brain. in theory.....

and i would say mags is certainly powerful enough to harm ba with his blasting power. current mags's shields have been shown to be a lot more powerful than his early ones as well. ba may be able to get through, but i think it is not a certainty and while he's trying mags would not just be sitting there taking it.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by leonidas
wouldn't have to get it out of his body. he could simply drive it away from his heart or brain. in theory.....

and i would say mags is certainly powerful enough to harm ba with his blasting power. current mags's shields have been shown to be a lot more powerful than his early ones as well. ba may be able to get through, but i think it is not a certainty and while he's trying mags would not just be sitting there taking it.

thumb up Good theory......he dosen't actually have to remove it. I still don't think he could do it, but I never thought of it like that.

carver9
Magneto would be tossing the city at Adam while he is trying to get past his shields. Magneto would also be blasting Adam with energy attacks along with trying to mess with his insides.

Magneto is dangerous.

Sr J-Bieb
Imagine this running into Mag's shields:
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Black%20Adam/BlackAdam08.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Black%20Adam/BlackAdam09.jpg

wouldnt be able to get the iron to exit his body. Invulnerability. his invulnerabilty isnt absoltue, I think mags could do it, but BA would just flip himself back together even after being turned inside out.

carver9
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Black%20Adam/BlackAdam09.jpg

So if Adam rambed Superman, Thor, Captain Marvel, or Prime like that, what would happen?

Sr J-Bieb
So if Adam rambed Superman, Thor, Captain Marvel, or Prime like that, what would happen? Dead instantly

And they wouldn't even be planted in place like Magneto's shields

quanchi112
Black Adam wins.

Mindset
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Black%20Adam/BlackAdam09.jpg Magneto's shields > that weak piece of shit

BA still busts through his shields with one hit and kills him though.

zeel
i wasnt aware that current magneto was at high hearld level. IF magneto can defeat black adam, then he can defeat captian marvel, wonder woman,martian man hunter and superman. Was not aware that he had been beefed up this much.

batdude123
He isn't, and he can't.

Zack Fair
Black Adam.

carver9
Originally posted by zeel
i wasnt aware that current magneto was at high hearld level. IF magneto can defeat black adam, then he can defeat captian marvel, wonder woman,martian man hunter and superman. Was not aware that he had been beefed up this much.

For someone that is a team buster and has been this since the early 90's, it shouldn't be hard for him to be thought of as a high Herald. Him defeating Proteus alone puts him at high Heralds stats.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Black Adam.

Truthslayer90

Truthslayer90

Igniz
If the question is who will lose in this fight, then Magneto loses.

carver9
Originally posted by Truthslayer90
Drugs are bad for you. Magneto is a team buster as long as he's fighting C level mutants. The New Xmen which included losers like Omerta were giving him trouble until Wolverine finally sneaked up on him and stabbed him in the stomach

Magneto isn't even high tier, he's a mid tier character at the very best. The idea of him being herald level means you need to get off the reefer

So Magneto giving the Avengers HELL on at least 2 occassions is me smoking drugs? UH-huh.

Prep-Man
BA feat in WW 3 is much more impressive than Magento's.

carver9
Originally posted by Prep-Man
BA feat in WW 3 is much more impressive than Magento's.

Never said that it wasn't but Magneto is consistently portrayed as a team buster. Magneto is a high herald imo and he has the powerset to drop Adam.

Prep-Man
Maybe once or twice. Ever get those Thor feats? shifty

ankur29
BA imo, no long thing,

flies all up in magneto's face at superspeed and rips him in half before magneto can assess how powerful BA is.

Originally posted by zeel
i wasnt aware that current magneto was at high hearld level. IF magneto can defeat black adam, then he can defeat captian marvel, wonder woman,martian man hunter and superman. Was not aware that he had been beefed up this much. mid to high herald and he can indeed defeat wonder woman and martian manhunter, the others would be much tougher.

Originally posted by Truthslayer90
Drugs are bad for you. Magneto is a team buster as long as he's fighting C level mutants. The New Xmen which included losers like Omerta were giving him trouble until Wolverine finally sneaked up on him and stabbed him in the stomach

Magneto isn't even high tier, he's a mid tier character at the very best. The idea of him being herald level means you need to get off the reefer mid-tier as in meta level? lulz you're the one on drugs. hard ones. but seriously, learn something about the character.

he has leveled multiples teams of avengers, x-men and others with powerfull characters in them. his shields have never been broken through in continuity, not even by the likes of thor and phoenix jean, he has done well against high heralds on regular basis and has defeated trans level beings through tactics, fine control and raw power. he is one of the most competent charatcers in comics in wielding his powerset which allows him to engage and defeat beings more powerfull than himself. wolverine stabbing him is PIS of the highest order.

batdude123
Never said that it wasn't but Magneto is consistently portrayed as a team buster. Magneto is a high herald imo and he has the powerset to drop Adam.

No he doesn't.

Harbinger
Beating Proteus is a high herald feat? WTF does that make the X-Men?

Batman-Prime
Mags is really one of my most fav chars of all time but I don't think he can take Adam for a majority.

Hyperion Prime
I still say BA takes Magneto.

carver9
Originally posted by Harbinger
Beating Proteus is a high herald feat? WTF does that make the X-Men?

You're talking about the same Xmen that has defeated Phoenix, Stranger, Juggernaut, Gladiator, Phalanx, and the list goes on. Stop hating. Proteus had the entire world WARPED and he wasn't even experienced with his powers. The one time defeat proteus had was against Colossus and that was due to his weakness against Iron. After that Proteus lost his weakness and only lost to plot. Proteus took over a planet during Exiles with just a mere thought, warped the entire planet in a couple of panels. Yes, defeating him is a high end feat and I would give Proteus the edge against the entire main 7 of the JLA in a forum setting and easily at that.

D-Block
Originally posted by ankur29
confused

pfft yeah right

Yeah that was crap.

Hyperion Prime
You're talking about the same Xmen that has defeated Phoenix, Stranger, Juggernaut, Gladiator, Phalanx, and the list goes on. Stop hating. Proteus had the entire world WARPED and he wasn't even experienced with his powers. The one time defeat proteus had was against Colossus and that was due to his weakness against Iron. After that Proteus lost his weakness and only lost to plot. Proteus took over a planet during Exiles with just a mere thought, warped the entire planet in a couple of panels. Yes, defeating him is a high end feat and I would give Proteus the edge against the entire main 7 of the JLA in a forum setting and easily at that.

Proteus has never warped an entire planet during Exiles. His warping was limited to how close you were to him. He wasn't a warper on a planetary scale. I have all the Exiles books. Even the shitty Chris Claremont ones.

Mindset
Be gentle.

zopzop
Black Adam for the majority. Strength + speed blitzes + durability for the win.

Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
Proteus has never warped an entire planet during Exiles. His warping was limited to how close you were to him. He wasn't a warper on a planetary scale. I have all the Exiles books. Even the shitty Chris Claremont ones. actually that doenst even matter because the proteus magneto defeated wasnt supposed to be the same being the exiles encountered (the one recreated by the scarlet witch), but a remnant of the dissipated energy matrix of the original proteus that was apparently ressurected by selene during the necrosha ritual.

Originally posted by Harbinger
Beating Proteus is a high herald feat? WTF does that make the X-Men? you mean it isn't? proteus is a trans level reality warping energy being and mags didnt beat him by shoving an iron rod through his matrix

Slayerofcoons

The Pict

Sounds about right

Adam wrecked a near planet full of heroes, never mind a single team.

Beerandhoes

Originally posted by The Pict
Sounds about right

Adam wrecked a near planet full of heroes, never mind a single team. yeah, but those folks werent all that either

-Pr-
Being a team-buster is all good and nice, but most heralds themselves are team-busters anyway, so it doesn't exactly say much...

I mean, if you want to get technical, Cyclops is a team-buster. It's a nice, vague term that isn't always a reflection of power.

Omega Vision
What PR said. Any Herald worth their own salt should be able to trash teams of Metas like the X-Men.

that is true. the individuals on the teams have to be looked at since crushing hordes of metas is easier than beating a handful of heralds, but some x-men teams are pretty powerful and have heralds on them

Idiotslayer

-Pr-
Originally posted by 753
that is true. the individuals on the teams have to be looked at since crushing hordes of metas is easier than beating a handful of heralds, but some x-men teams are pretty powerful and have heralds on them

Like Cyclops.

cdtm

Air must get through the shields, or Mags would suffocate.

So Adam creates an air vortex for the win. wink

cdtm
Originally posted by 753
yeah, but those folks werent all that either

Alan Scott, Lord Marvel, and Martian Manhunter were most definitely were all that. rolling on floor laughing

Plus he took out Power Girl in one hit. That's no mean feat.

Mindset
Originally posted by cdtm
Air must get through the shields, or Mags would suffocate.

So Adam creates an air vortex for the win. wink Joking, right?

cdtm
Joking, right?

...if the shield keeps air from passing through, how does Magneto breath? embarrasment

Mindset
Because there is air around him before he creates the shield.

How do you think he survives in space?

JakeTheBank

Having swag and being baller.

Mindset
Aside from that.

JakeTheBank
Oh, well, yah, air is good.

cdtm

This way? confused

http://www.shortpacked.com/comics-archive/2005-01-31-a.gif

Mindset
So in any case air attacks won't work.

cdtm
So in any case air attacks won't work.

Lets go with Magneto living off of pockets of air trapped from the time he erects the shield. Like you say, it would explain him surviving in space.

Why can't Adam just wait him out? Eventually, Mags has to drop it to get fresh air, right?

Mindset
BA isn't going to keep flying around in circles hoping to suffocate Magneto no expression

cdtm
BA isn't going to keep flying around in circles hoping to suffocate Magneto no expression

So he keeps pounding on it. big grin

Sure, he'll never break through it, but how long can Magneto turtle up?

Being even stupider, if we assume Mags can get as much air as he needs (Say if he can make pinholes in the shield, to allow air in), he needs to sleep and eat, right? stick out tongue

I mean, unless Mags can put him down, he can't stay behind the shield forever, can he?

JakeTheBank
Magneto has the power set and the showings to justify him doing damage to Black Adam, imo. The question is would it be enough to score him a majority of the wins.

I would think that if Magneto gets exotic and versatile, in theory, Black Adam wouldn't be able to get close to hammer away at his shields.

Mindset
This fight isn't going to last long enough for anyone to need to sleep or eat.

Mags has enhanced stamina anyway. No, I wont prove it.

cdtm
..wait, I see you argued Adam CAN break through the shield.

While I admit my knowledge of Mags isn't up to snuff, I know I've seen very powerful characters pounding on his shields, to no effect.

Mindset
OK.

cdtm
On the other hand, can he stand up to an all out blitz? Punches thrown faster then his neurons can fire?

Also, what stops him from taking the shield and simply flying it into space? Maybe booting him out of the solar system, maybe just keeping him from getting back to Earth until he tires, something along those lines..?

carver9
Mags 6 or 7/10

On the other hand, can he stand up to an all out blitz? Punches thrown faster then his neurons can fire?

Also, what stops him from taking the shield and simply flying it into space? Maybe booting him out of the solar system, maybe just keeping him from getting back to Earth until he tires, something along those lines..? well mags does have the wormhole feat. not sure the force-field can be grabbed like that. in a stamina contest BA would certainly win, but simply taking the battle into space wouldnt make mags unable to keep attacking him.

Overall, BA probably wins a majority, but I would say it is a small one.

..wait, I see you argued Adam CAN break through the shield.

While I admit my knowledge of Mags isn't up to snuff, I know I've seen very powerful characters pounding on his shields, to no effect. yes, but mags cant keep the shields up forever, so BA would eventually break through them if he were allowed to just pound away. but mindset is right, whoever does win, this wont come down to stamina

Lets go with Magneto living off of pockets of air trapped from the time he erects the shield. Like you say, it would explain him surviving in space.

Why can't Adam just wait him out? Eventually, Mags has to drop it to get fresh air, right? separating carbon from oxygen sb
hould be child's play for him so he can probably recycle that atmoshpere for as long his energy reserves hold up

Alan Scott, Lord Marvel, and Martian Manhunter were most definitely were all that. rolling on floor laughing

Plus he took out Power Girl in one hit. That's no mean feat. meh, Ill give you the power girl one, but the others were justa case of word war hulk flu imo

Omega Vision
Originally posted by 753
separating carbon from oxygen sb
hould be child's play for him
It should?

iceman24567
Originally posted by Massacre7
He's only a team buster because he fights low level X-men. In a more recent fight Northstar and Omerta were fighting him and it ended up with Wolverine putting his claws into Magnetos abdomen. Low level X-Men huh? Well how about him casually owning the new upgraded Quicksilver like he was a ant?

iceman24567
New upgraded Quicksilver is still a low level speedster. Not really he's one of the fastest pure speedsters on Marvel Earth if not the fastest...

iceman24567
Northstar and Aurora are faster then Quicksilver is. Also, being one of the fastest speedsters in Marvel isn't saying much because their standards are pretty low. Are they pure speedsters? Also KM says they lost their most resent amp while Quicksilver has gotten faster.

Originally posted by Omega Vision
It should? yes smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.