latest "end of the world" 21 May 2011

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bicnarok

Bicnarok

The Rover
**** apolcalyptic "predictions." They're bullschiesse and everyone knows it.

inimalist
5 days... damn....

Bicnarok

TacDavey
They use a lot of bible verses to try and mathematically predict the end of the world... This isn't National Treasure. There is no hidden, secret time-line in the Bible. Let's not forget that Jesus specifically said that no one would know the date or time until it happened.

I could give more reasons their "time-line" is flawed, but that isn't really the point of this thread.

Why do they do this? Who knows? Maybe they really think the world is going to end. The verses they brought up COULD be interpreted in a way that might suggest something like this.

Or maybe they just want attention. Either one seems viable to me.

SamZED
I live in another time zone, does that mean I'll die on 20th of May?

Omega Vision
I believe Jehova's Witnesses (or maybe LDS, I get them mixed up) stopped releasing their predictions in the 1990s after they got it wrong for the twentieth time.

Robtard
Originally posted by SamZED
I live in another time zone, does that mean I'll die on 20th of May?

You're in the Russian Fed, right? You'll just get raptured about half a day before me. The Japanese go first.

BackFire

Robtard
Originally posted by BackFire
Yes, the error is that they're idiots.

The worst part, come 5/22 and they're not raptured up into heaven in all their naked glory, they'll simply state yet again "we got the date wrong due to a mathematical error calculation in the Bible; we fixed it now; it's really now going to happen on *insert future date*", instead of just being adults and admitting they're idiots.

BackFire
Well, you know what they say about idiots. They're too stupid to know that they're idiots.

0mega Spawn
cant wait for end of the world riots to break out so i can steal me plasma screen TV happy

Symmetric Chaos
You know what, I'm feeling good about this one. I'm going to give the official endorsement of SCIENCE!

Deja~vu
I hope it's an alien invasion. That would make it way cooler.

Utsukushii
Well my weekend is now ****ed

Bicnarok

Mairuzu
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
cant wait for end of the world riots to break out so i can steal me plasma screen TV happy

Booze for me

Utsukushii
I'm going to lock myself in my room with a gun. Drinking vodka, smoking a blunt and listening to Kashmir

Mairuzu
Sweeet

Bicnarok

0mega Spawn
meh drink all the booze you want while i entertain bytches with my home theater system & clean azz whip cool

Bicnarok
wee hee Im alive

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
The worst part, come 5/22 and they're not raptured up into heaven in all their naked glory, they'll simply state yet again "we got the date wrong due to a mathematical error calculation in the Bible; we fixed it now; it's really now going to happen on *insert future date*", instead of just being adults and admitting they're idiots. The new rapture is on August 25, 2011. It told me so on a bag of cheetohs.

TacDavey
I heard it is suppose to happen at six PM specifically. Anyone else heard that?

0mega Spawn
i heard it was supposed to happen
53 AD 500 AD,100 AD, 1033 AD,1186 AD, 1420 AD, 1524 AD,1534 AD, 1650 AD, 1666 AD,1809 AD,1814 AD, 1836 AD,1843 AD,1859 AD, 1881 AD, 1910 AD, 1914 AD, 1918 AD, 1925 AD, 1967 AD, 1970 AD, 1973 AD, 1975 AD,1977 AD, 1981 AD, 1982 AD, 1984 AD, 1987 AD, 1988 AD, 1989 AD,1991 AD, 1992 AD, 1993 AD, 1994 AD, 1996 AD, 1997 AD, 1998 AD, 1999 AD, 2000 AD,2001 AD, 2002 AD, 2004 AD, 2011-2018 AD, 2012 AD, and 2060 AD
anyone else heard that?

Symmetric Chaos
If the Rapture didn't happen this morning how do you explain this? Skip to 1:30 when he shows you the car where the driver vanished.

zZa0Tl8Mrlw

0mega Spawn
laughing

Cammii
I have heard all of this, Which I find it a lot of bs. Only because people make all these days and time when the world 'will end' . So far none of it has happen so why is this time any differnt. I don't believe in god, yet i respect people who do. I show no respect for people who go on the news saying 'God is going to take all of us, it's judgement day! BLAH BLAH BLAH!" . I mean more power to people who believe in God. I mean it'a fine, I read the bible for some kicks. Yet people who are like that and live there life from the bible respect no one. I mean do they not see this is putting people in fear and causing so many more problems. When we die we die if we see the day when the world ends, than say you goodbyes." Live everyday like your last" is the best quote. Because no one will know when the world ends period.

Sadako of Girth
Exactly....except for the "More power to..." bit.

IMO That nonsense has too much power as it is:

http://www.goddiscussion.com/63175/terrorism-the-psychological-damaging-effects-of-rapture-theology/

Black bolt z
Didn't end doesn't matter.

FistOfThe North
the end is not nigh.

Deja~vu
I wonder if anyone feels like an idiot today..

Sadako of Girth
Probably will feel half the idiot they will feel next year.
Even the really faithful doom-waiter-forers will probably have a question or two hanging when 2012 is done.

2013: the year of the final death of unfounded mystical bollocks being treated with anything other than immediate LOLZ by even this generations more resillient-to-the-likely-truth types.

(Til new unthinking, unquestioning drones are born to take up the slack and give this pap its new audience)

Esomark
He just wanted his 15 minutes of fame. He didn't use them very well.

Sadako of Girth
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13516796

He wants 15 minutes more.

Death cultism/religion has had its 15 mins of fame too.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13489641

http://www.goddiscussion.com/63175/terrorism-the-psychological-damaging-effects-of-rapture-theology/

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.