Final Destination Vol.6 Cloud X Squall

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Frisky Dingo
As always, the two are completely naked. Cloud has the First Tsurugi and Squall has his Gun Blade. No magic, items, or anything else.

This battle takes place at Madison Square Garden.

TheAuraAngel
Cloud, because of all the FF7 milking Square has done over the years.

K1ll3r
Cloud, if Squall hurts Cloud without killing him he will at least perform Omni-slash which is 14 attacks in the blink of an eye. Squalls reaction is good, consider his getting frozen and able to dodge magic that Ultimecia conjured while he was frozen, but not good enough.

Kuja9001
Originally posted by K1ll3r
Cloud, if Squall hurts Cloud without killing him he will at least perform Omni-slash which is 14 attacks in the blink of an eye.

You really believe that bull?

NemeBro
14 attacks in the blink of an eye is not really all that fast.

That is 14 attacks in about 4/10 of a second.

The speed of such shit would not be sufficient to block a bullet, making that feat actually inferior to shit Zack was doing in Crisis Core.

TacDavey
Cloud. No magic or items? Then Squall doesn't have his GFs, which are basically his source of power. Cloud actually get's stronger if he doesn't have materia equipped.

GrieverSquall
Tac is right. No magic = no GFs for Squall, basically. Plus, Aura is also correct. Cloud pretty much kicks most of the characters' asses, not only Squall's, if we go solely on what is featured in Advent Children.

EDIT: I would still argue, however, that Squall still grows stronger even without using GFs. But it doesn't matter anyway, Cloud still has a huge advantage in his side. I miss the FF threads. sad

Kuja9001
Originally posted by GrieverSquall Cloud pretty much kicks most of the characters' asses, not only Squall's, if we go solely on what is featured in Advent Children.

There's really no evidence that cloud could do all the bull he did in ACC in-game.

GrieverSquall
Originally posted by Kuja9001
There's really no evidence that cloud could do all the bull he did in ACC in-game.

What do you mean by no evidence? Advent Children is canon. I agree Cloud wasn't capable of doing the same nor he did it in the original game, but if we use AC feats, then Cloud > the majority of the FF characters.

NemeBro
There's really no evidence that cloud could do all the bull he did in ACC in-game. Well let's see.

AC and ACC are canon. Crisis Core is canon. Dirge of Cerberus is unfortunately canon. All games show similar feats.

Gtfo.

Kuja9001
Originally posted by GrieverSquall
Cloud wasn't capable of doing the same nor he did it in the original game

This is what I meant smart people. Plus I never said nothing about anything being non-canon.

GrieverSquall
This is what I meant smart people. Plus I never said nothing about anything being non-canon.

Yeah, but evidently the plot has been retconned...

TacDavey
Yes, Cloud can't do what he did in AC in the original FF7. Unless, however, the fight is between FF7 only Cloud and Squall this point is irrelevant.

Darkstorm Zero
lot of FF8's leveling system was entered around GF junction ability... Without it, Cloud is a human wrecking ball.

GrieverSquall
GFs raises their statuses and gives them the ability to summon. Limit Breaks aren't affected by them, nor is magic, as they can still perform Para-Magic without relying on GFs. Technically, GFs makes you stronger when you're using them, but when they're unequipped, you remain strong, your statuses never falls. And that is not only reflected in gameplay, as in the plot Squall and his team faced Ultimecia's minions in her castle with all their ablities sealed.

TacDavey
Originally posted by GrieverSquall
GFs raises their statuses and gives them the ability to summon. Limit Breaks aren't affected by them, nor is magic, as they can still perform Para-Magic without relying on GFs. Technically, GFs makes you stronger when you're using them, but when they're unequipped, you remain strong, your statuses never falls. And that is not only reflected in gameplay, as in the plot Squall and his team faced Ultimecia's minions in her castle with all their ablities sealed.

Well... your strength DOES fall when you loose your GFs. Everything Squall and company can do is because of them, for the most part. They can still function without them to a certain degree, but they are much less formidable.

GrieverSquall
Your strengths does fall when you're no longer equipping magic. But once you're using a GF and you level up, your statuses goes up. Then when you unequip the GF, those statuses never falls. That's what I meant. The characters can still use magic and Limit Breaks. They just lack the ability to summon. Besides, I wouldn't say much less formidable. They faced the strongest enemies in the game with all of their abilities sealed, not only GFs.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.