Odin, Thanos, and Loki vs Surter...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
In this senario, Surter has Twilight amped with the Casket of Ancient Winters; he is attempting to light Twilight with the Eternal Flame and from there destroy the nine worlds...

Opposing him is Odin, Thanos, and Loki; Thanos is using the orb he took from DP Tyrant to amp up, Odin is weilding Gungnir, and Loki has the Norn Stones...

Battle takes place in the Heart of Asgard, HOWEVER (as in the original story), the Asgardians are away on Earth fighting Surters legions and Surters proximity to the Eternal Flame is allowing him to simutaneously replenish his strength constantly and suppress Odins ability to amp up...

Unlike the orginal story, however, there is no way to "de-amp" Twilight as the Casket of Ancient Winters itself has been hidden away by Surter (and remember, Twilight was de-amped by the time Odin, Thor, and Loki combined to triple team him)...

So now my question is this, how long can the team keep Surter at bay before he unites Twilight to the Eternal Flame and sets fire to the 9 worlds?

Bouboumaster
I'll wait for Rage to answer on this one 'cause I really don't know

Rage.Of.Olympus
mhmm

The closer Surtur got to the Eternal Flame, the more powerful he became and his strength was constantly replenished. Odin was stalemating the demon, but Surtur would have won eventually and the All Father had his Scepter, which allowed him to channel his true power. Not an ability Gungnir possesses as far as I know. Without the power to block the connection to the Eternal Flame or enter his full powered form, Odin would eventually fall or be trapped by the full power of the Casket of Ancient Winters. Without him, the team would fall and Surtur would burn down the Universe.

TheLordofMurder
So how long does the team last, RoO, before that eventuality takes place?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Depends on his vicinity to the Eternal Flame. Trade Thanos and Loki for the Scepter, the battle would last longer imho.

TheLordofMurder
Anyone else have an opinion on this?

quanchi112
Team Thanos stomps.

TheLordofMurder
Explain...how do they stomp?

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Explain...how do they stomp? Too powerful and Thanos' recent upgrade leads me to believe he comfortably solos if he so chooses. I've also seen Loki himself challenge Surtur before on his own so you put these three together it's spite.

TheLordofMurder
What feats does Thanos have to suggest that he has any prayer against the beast that Surter is in this senario? Any damage sustained...any power used...immediately replenishes...what is Thanos going to do against that!?

As for Loki, only his excellent abilities as an illusionist allowed him to draw out the fight against Surter given how powerful he was in the original story...but rest assured, Surter was never in danger of losing to Loki at any point.

Hyperion Prime
Surtur wins this.

TheLordofMurder
Also, keep in mind that Surter was so powerful at this point in the original story that he was suppressing Odins ability to amp in the heart of his own realm...

And thats with Odin weilding his most powerful artifact...

Surter is a beast while weilding Twilight amped with the Casket of Ancient Winters; no way in hell does the team spite him...

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
Surtur wins this.

Oh I definitely agree, but the question is how long can the team last against Surter in this senario...

janus77
Originally posted by quanchi112
... Thanos' recent upgrade ...
don't you mean demotion to Cosmic Supository?

Hell, I would have thought you'd be looking to forget that travesty ever happened to Thanos? being used, abused, dumped on and humiliated like that. forced to be the kid with chickenpox, chasing after all the others in the playground...

no

I fail to see exactly how it was an upgrade? It's like saying going from being alive to being a zombie is "an upgrade"...

quanchi112
What feats does Thanos have to suggest that he has any prayer against the beast that Surter is in this senario? Any damage sustained...any power used...immediately replenishes...what is Thanos going to do against that!?

As for Loki, only his excellent abilities as an illusionist allowed him to draw out the fight against Surter given how powerful he was in the original story...but rest assured, Surter was never in danger of losing to Loki at any point. Oh let me take a stab at it.

1.Easily overpowered the Maker who had infinite power.
2.While mindless and naked slaughtered billions on ucot's homeworld.
3.Was capable of bringing death to a universe where the concept had no meaning.
4.Easily dominated Mar-vell who oneshotted Magus to death by mistake.

Originally posted by janus77
don't you mean demotion to Cosmic Supository?

Hell, I would have thought you'd be looking to forget that travesty ever happened to Thanos? being used, abused, dumped on and humiliated like that. forced to be the kid with chickenpox, chasing after all the others in the playground...

no

I fail to see exactly how it was an upgrade? It's like saying going from being alive to being a zombie is "an upgrade"... Thanos' actions resulting in the death of an entire universe is what occurred.

Let's be honest here Thanos came out on top once again. he did what starlord, the celestials, and galactus could not.

Now if you want to discuss embarrassing showings I could point to Hulk's rape at the hands of Zeus.

long pig
Quan, since Thanos can't die, doesn't that mean he really can't lose in these forums? Like a loop hole in the rules.

long pig
And the fact he's impossible to ko, how does he lose, quan?

TheLordofMurder
@Quan

1) The Maker may have possessed "infinite" power, but it didnt use it against Thanos; it had a nervous breakdown while fighting him and wasnt attacking as forcefully as it was capable of and you know it...

Surter wont have this problem and would take a nasty dump on Thanos's face here...

2) This version of Surter would easily duplicate Thanos's feat of destruction, but kill those billions far faster than Thanos ever could; Surter busted a galaxy simply forging Twilight...Thanos slaying billions is nothing compared to that.

3) That wont have any effect here as Death already exists in 616; it wont stop Surter from either trapping him with the Caskets Power or simply beating his skull in...

4) Mar-vell is nothing compared to this version of Surter; this version of Surter is beyond a High Skyfather...

Just face facts, Thanos cant stand up to Surter in this senario; he can draw it out and make a show of it (as Loki did), but he inevitably gets defeated by the Demon of Flame...

TheLordofMurder
I see "team wins" has a vote; so we now know Quan has voted!

laughing out loud

celestialdemon
I'll give the edge to Surtur in this scenario.

zopzop
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Casket of Ancient Winters BFR Odin? If I remembering right, that's all Surtur even needs to win. He doesn't even have to kill them, just use the Casket to BFR the whole crew.

If it held Odin, holding Loki and Thanos should be no problem for it.

quanchi112
@Quan

1) The Maker may have possessed "infinite" power, but it didnt use it against Thanos; it had a nervous breakdown while fighting him and wasnt attacking as forcefully as it was capable of and you know it...

Surter wont have this problem and would take a nasty dump on Thanos's face here...

2) This version of Surter would easily duplicate Thanos's feat of destruction, but kill those billions far faster than Thanos ever could; Surter busted a galaxy simply forging Twilight...Thanos slaying billions is nothing compared to that.

3) That wont have any effect here as Death already exists in 616; it wont stop Surter from either trapping him with the Caskets Power or simply beating his skull in...

4) Mar-vell is nothing compared to this version of Surter; this version of Surter is beyond a High Skyfather...

Just face facts, Thanos cant stand up to Surter in this senario; he can draw it out and make a show of it (as Loki did), but he inevitably gets defeated by the Demon of Flame... 1.She still wielded it and one can never know or guess at how much power is being used the point is despite her awesome power Thanor physically mauled her then took her mind.

Based on ?
2.Yes, it actually is since he's actually done so on panel whereas Surtur hasn't. Also Thanos did so while mindless and without clothes.

3.Proof the casket can beat Thanos is ?

Thanos' power far outranks Surtur and he can't kill Thanos since he's immune to death.

4.The point is even a depowered Thanos easily had his way with Mar-vell and I haven't seen Surtur do the same.

If Loki can make a show of it then someone far more powerful and far more intelligent/durable can not only do so but win based off his recent upgrade.

I see "team wins" has a vote; so we now know Quan has voted!

laughing out loud I haven't voted but I will now. Also why does it shock you if the team wins did you try and create a spite thread ?

TheLordofMurder
Its an endurance thread...

And I am not surprised that you are the only one here that thinks Thanos is more powerful than Surter...

Of course, this is expected of you; maybe I should make a poll question "Surter...armed with Twilight, amped with the Casket of Ancinet Winters...in the proximity of the Eternal Flame vs Thanos."

I garantee it gets closed for spite with Thanos being declared the loser by all except yourself and maybe, just maybe, a Thanos extremist or two...

quanchi112
Its an endurance thread...

And I am not surprised that you are the only one here that thinks Thanos is more powerful than Surter...

Of course, this is expected of you; maybe I should make a poll question "Surter...armed with Twilight, amped with the Casket of Ancinet Winters...in the proximity of the Eternal Flame vs Thanos."

I garantee it gets closed for spite with Thanos being declared the loser by all except yourself and maybe, just maybe, a Thanos extremist or two... I don't care what kinda threads you make because you can't accept the fact people disagree with you. Thanos flat out wins on his own.

TheLordofMurder
I don't care what kinda threads you make because you can't accept the fact people disagree with you. Thanos flat out wins on his own.

Thanos gets crushed with ease; the Casket effectively BFR'ed Odin...Thanos has no chance against it.

TheLordofMurder
Bah...gotta wait until tomorrow to create the thread...its coming though!

Thanos gets crushed by the Demon of Flame and everyone knows it...even you...you just refuse to admit it!

Happy Dance

YoungGunna
Sutur wins with his sword

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
Surtur wins this.

YoungGunna
I don't care what kinda threads you make because you can't accept the fact people disagree with you. Thanos flat out wins on his own.
Are you kidding me Thanos stands no chance against Surtur alone

celestialdemon
Thanos' power far outranks Surtur and he can't kill Thanos since he's immune to death.

boxed

quanchi112
Thanos gets crushed with ease; the Casket effectively BFR'ed Odin...Thanos has no chance against it. That's Odin and that's like saying an army o fants or anything else that beat Odin therefore applies to someone who is immune to death.

Originally posted by YoungGunna
Are you kidding me Thanos stands no chance against Surtur alone Based off of what ?

Originally posted by celestialdemon
boxed You should be agreeing with me.

Harbinger
Quan pimping the Maker win makes me chuckle. Yes, beating a mentally unstable version of the Beyonder (in human form, no less) is outstanding.

Hyperion Prime
There is no way Thanos beats Surter alone. He would lose worse to Surtur than he did to Odin.

celestialdemon

You should be agreeing with me.

No, I shouldn't be. Thanos hasn't shown anything near the amount of power Surtur has.

TheLordofMurder
No, I shouldn't be. Thanos hasn't shown anything near the amount of power Surtur has.

thumb up

quanchi112
No, I shouldn't be. Thanos hasn't shown anything near the amount of power Surtur has. Based off of which Surtur showings ?

TheLordofMurder
Based off of which Surtur showings ?

How about him busting a Galaxy...

Or him suppressing Odins ability to amp while in the Heart of Asgard (and thats with Odin weilding his most powerful artifact)...

Or him turning Thors God Blast back at him...

Just face it; Surter is several notches above The Mad Titan...

Happy Dance

quanchi112
How about him busting a Galaxy...

Or him suppressing Odins ability to amp while in the Heart of Asgard (and thats with Odin weilding his most powerful artifact)...

Or him turning Thors God Blast back at him...

Just face it; Surter is several notches above The Mad Titan...

Happy Dance The creation of the weapon did so iirc not anything while in actual combat.

What does suppressing Odin's ability to amp have to do with anything ?

Ok, ?

Being more formidable against asgardians such as Thor or Odin isn't any proof he's more powerful than Thanos.

Thanos has wrecked someone with infinite power, taken a blast from an incomplete ig, survived a well fed Galactus' blast to kill, defeated power gem Thor, and is currently unkillable.

TheLordofMurder
No Surtur busted a Galaxy doing the process of forging Twilight...

The simple truth is that Thanos has no display of power anywhere close to this; Surtur owns your boy...plain and simple!

Happy Dance

quanchi112
No Surtur busted a Galaxy doing the process of forging Twilight...

The simple truth is that Thanos has no display of power anywhere close to this; Surtur owns your boy...plain and simple!

Happy Dance Yes in making the weapon not using the weapon against anyone.

Colllateral damage doesn't make for a compelling argument anyways since this level of power by your own logic defeats certain abstract beings based off of feats alone.

If we go by portrayals which we should Thanos wins. Having more feats or collateral damage feats don't mean they beat someone without them.

~The Wickerman~
2.Yes, it actually is since he's actually done so on panel whereas Surtur hasn't. Also Thanos did so while mindless and without clothes.

That's the second time in this thread you put the emphasis on him not having clothes on. What does it matter he had no clothes on? What, was he killing billions with his swingin purple worm? What, was he like a purple Brock Samson killing people with his @sshole?

I'm just not seeing why you insist on him being nekkid. laughing out loud

quanchi112
Originally posted by ~The Wickerman~
That's the second time in this thread you put the emphasis on him not having clothes on. What does it matter he had no clothes on? What, was he killing billions with his swingin purple worm? What, was he like a purple Brock Samson killing people with his @sshole?

I'm just not seeing why you insist on him being nekkid. laughing out loud Because anyone powerful enough to kill billions with his penis exposed is just on another level.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.