Pirates 4 was waay better than what critics said!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jcvaldez
I saw the midnight showing of Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. I thought it was a great movie. It was a perfect action/adventure movie. This film felt like the first Indiana Jones film, in which it had all the right elements. The acting and dialogue was far better than the previous films. The CGI wasn't too overwhelming, in fact the CGI was barely noticeable. Penelope Cruz was a perfect addition to the series and makes me wonder why she wasn't in it since the beginning. All the actors performed well and kept you interested throughout the story. The film stuck to one story line and did not layer more confusing story plots like the second and third films. Johnny Depp's performance was more like his Captain Jack Sparrow in the first film and not like a goof ball in the second and third. If you haven't seen, I highly recommend it! It was fantastic!

Tramps Lady
I love that they made jack smarter stick out tongue

One part made me angry, but I wonttalk about it until more have seen it smile

YoungGunna
Yea the movie was okay it was better than the previous one IMO

jcvaldez
Originally posted by Tramps Lady
I love that they made jack smarter stick out tongue

One part made me angry, but I wonttalk about it until more have seen it smile

Yeah me too. That was one of the main things that bothered me the most in the second and third films. I'm interested in what made you angry... send me a private message. I want to know!

jcvaldez
Originally posted by YoungGunna
Yea the movie was okay it was better than the previous one IMO

I agree it was better than the third film. But, it was more than just okay. It was great!

KingD19
Yeah, they ended the series on a great note...and the ending...plus the secret ending after the credits left me wanting more, which is how it should be.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by KingD19
Yeah, they ended the series on a great note...and the ending...plus the secret ending after the credits left me wanting more, which is how it should be.

This is the final one?

Kazenji
Originally posted by Prep-Man
This is the final one?

No its not because they've said Parts 5 & 6 is coming they're just sorting out story and all that sort of stuff

as for this movie Penelope cruz's characters was useless don't know about everyone else in this thread.....and with what the spanish did in the movie to to the fountain was'nt expecting that.

Tramps Lady
Originally posted by Kazenji
...and with what the spanish did in the movie to to the fountain was'nt expecting that.

I completely agree... It was probably the only thing I wasnt expecting to be honest :P
Or didnt think would happen...

Jaeh
I love what the spanish did. totally unexpected, and totally.. well, spanish lol

Tramps Lady
Stupid Spaniards...

...They killed Groves

Jaeh
Originally posted by Tramps Lady
Stupid Spaniards...

...They killed Groves

GAH GROVES WAS THERE?!

I liked groves. T.T

potcfan2003
I still have to re-watch it. Was there any reasoning behind what the Spanish did? I always watch POTC movies at the drive in with my bestie as a tradition, then rewatch in the theater a million times later, but unfortunately some details get missed the first time :/

KingD19
Yeah, the Spanish destroyed the fountain to prove two things. Catholics always win, and eternal life is only gained through faith in the lord and going to heaven.

potcfan2003
Oooh, that makes so much sense now! Haha I was so confused watching it :P

Jaeh
It was a nice surprise. it was EXACTLY what they would do. xD

I was so happy that the spanish appeared in this movie. it was about time big grin

Kazenji
Also with the movie what was the deal while in the cave where the fountain was with the missionary, How he went off to the side where the rocks where and he manage to get back to where the mermaid was and yet before entering the cave they had to do that special process just to enter

confused

Jaeh
spoiler T.T

but yeah, that was kinda weird. maybe that was the first hing he looked for?

potcfan2003
I just assumed that he did the whole process to get in, but the movie just didn't show it... The POTC plotholes are starting again... :P

Jaeh
plotholes are okay, it's in every long enough film or novel wink it's what makes fan-digging fun. you spot them then make excuses for the writers, wait for the writers to make excuses or plug up the holes with our fanfiction and fanspeculation! bwahahahaha (where's bwaaaaaaaaa i miss heeeer)

maybe syrena gave him the power to figure things out before everyone else! *gets shot*

erm, i'll think up a better excuse ater.

the ninjak
I liked it.

These films just make me want to play the Monkey Island games.

Kazenji
Originally posted by the ninjak
I liked it.

These films just make me want to play the Monkey Island games.

Go ahead and do it

speaking of those games i recently got 'Tales Of Monkey Island'.

Godzilla Rulz
So you guys would recommend it? I thought part 3 was mediocre at best. Heard mix reviews about this one.

wannabecool
Awesome movies ... I recommend it to you guys ... Really cool

wannabeecool

Vensai
It's your own opinion. Never choose a movie based on just criticism. Go see it yourselves and judge accordingly.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.