Thor vs. Mjolnir

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Black bolt z
This thread is inspired by the mjolnir vs. thanos thread.

Same stips as that: Mjolnir is acting sentiently and going for the kill, using all the powers it has.

Same for thor. Except thor does not have mjolnir and is not allowed to control it in anyway.

So which is more powerful? The man or the weapon?

Konton
Weapon.

Hyperion Prime
Mjolnir easily. I think another brick using Mjolnir who had experience could beat Thor. It's and incredible weapon.

Sin I AM
thor is nothing special without it

Damborgson
Originally posted by Sin I AM
thor is nothing special without it as rage would say http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/whathefuk.gif Thor has plenty of other abilities and skills without the hammer. Full weather control, strength to match the hulk, ages of battle experience, etc...

Damborgson
But yeah Mjolnir whoops on him still.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Damborgson
as rage would say http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/whathefuk.gif Thor has plenty of other abilities and skills without the hammer. Full weather control, strength to match the hulk, ages of battle experience, etc...

lol, sooooooooo u think thor would have the same success rate sans mjolnir? even without cis

Damborgson
Originally posted by Sin I AM
lol, sooooooooo u think thor would have the same success rate sans mjolnir? even without cis course not. wink Even without CIS Thor cant put up power like he can with Mjolnir. He's still powerful just not like he would be with his hammer.

Batman-Prime
Thor wins. He doesn't have to control Mjolnir in order to depower it, he could try to get the hold of it and channel enough Energy through it to destroy it big grin

DarkOdin
Mjolnir easily and IF Thor found a way to destory Mjolnir thor would die too so he is still screwed LOL

thanos-prime
Mjolnir

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by DarkOdin
Mjolnir easily and IF Thor found a way to destory Mjolnir thor would die too so he is still screwed LOL

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/57606/1417675-exitar_deflects003_super.jpg

durthor

dmills
laughing out loud

Ridiculous thread BTW. But fun nonetheless!

Rage.Of.Olympus
If I hadn't seen the Thanos thread first, I'd have assumed simply separating Thor from Mjolnir wasn't satisfying enough.

Thor wins by default. Mjolnir knows who it's master is. One of the main reasons why beating Thor with his own hammer is asinine as he can control it like a limb, but whatever. Comics.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/57606/1417675-exitar_deflects003_super.jpg

durthor I was think of that instance but i would think that Mjolnir would not willing overload it self by absorbing that much energy

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by DarkOdin
I was think of that instance but i would think that Mjolnir would not willing overload it self by absorbing that much energy

Thor would force it to !

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Thor wins. He doesn't have to control Mjolnir in order to depower it, he could try to get the hold of it and channel enough Energy through it to destroy it big grin Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
If I hadn't seen the Thanos thread first, I'd have assumed simply separating Thor from Mjolnir wasn't satisfying enough.

Thor wins by default. Mjolnir knows who it's master is. One of the main reasons why beating Thor with his own hammer is asinine as he can control it like a limb, but whatever. Comics. Read the OP

Originally posted by Black bolt z
Except thor does not have mjolnir and is not allowed to control it in anyway./B] No affecting (controling) Mjolnir in any way.

Newjak
Quick question and something I would like clarified on.

We all know the hamemr is extrememly powerful and has some amazing abilities,

but I thought the energy source for it was always derived from the Thor's own Godly/Magical energies.

At least when it comes to his plethora of powerful beams and magical attacks I thought it was Thor's energies going into the hammer channeling it.

So would the Hammer be able to do any of those abilities without Thor supplying it power?

psycho gundam
i like how the thread died after you asked that question

cdtm
Originally posted by Newjak
Quick question and something I would like clarified on.

We all know the hamemr is extrememly powerful and has some amazing abilities,

but I thought the energy source for it was always derived from the Thor's own Godly/Magical energies.

At least when it comes to his plethora of powerful beams and magical attacks I thought it was Thor's energies going into the hammer channeling it.

So would the Hammer be able to do any of those abilities without Thor supplying it power?

Beta Ray Bill doesn't have a godly essence, and his hammer is still plenty powerful.

The hammers are imbued with some of the Odin-Force. Thor can use it to channel his essence, but it's far more then a conduit.

iceman24567
Originally posted by cdtm
Beta Ray Bill doesn't have a godly essence, and his hammer is still plenty powerful.

The hammers are imbued with some of the Odin-Force. Thor can use it to channel his essence, but it's far more then a conduit. Why douesnt transformed Bill have godly essence again?

cdtm
Originally posted by iceman24567
Why douesnt transformed Bill have godly essence again?

Bill didn't even have an alter ego until recently. The hammers transforming someone not born as a god, into a god is news to me, but you're welcome to provide examples...

Or, you could show examples of Bill using his "godly essence" without his hammer, like Thor has. Since, you know, Bill didn't have Thor's limitations of transforming back into a non god if the hammer is out of his grip.

So there should be examples, right? stick out tongue

Black bolt z
Since, you know, Bill didn't have Thor's limitations of transforming back into a non god if the hammer is out of his grip.
Ummm...yeah he does.

cdtm
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Ummm...yeah he does.

No, he didn't.

The alter ego was introduced later. Before that, he was just Bill, with or without the hammer.

Thor without his hammer and enchantment turning him into Donald Blake still has his godly essence, while Bill doesn't. There's no proof of the hammer giving a user Godly essence, and wouldn't make sense if it did.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Odin took a piece of Thor -his power and essence- and placed into Bill:
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa469/R-O-O/Thor/AsplitPower.jpg

He did something similar with Norvell as well. This scene might also have some value:
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa469/R-O-O/Thor/SummonThor1.jpg
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa469/R-O-O/Thor/SummonThor2.jpg

Later on in the arc, with Thor's aid, the Corps created a united God Blast:
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/GodBlastSavesMultiverse.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/GodBlastSavesMultiverse2.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/GodBlastSavesMultiverse3.jpg

Based on what I've seen, it's my opinion that when someone wields Thor's power or a portion of it, they take upon themselves a part of what makes Thor himself. With the aid of Thor, they can briefly tap into this power. After all, the inscription on the hammer does say that whoever is worthy, will wield the power of Thor.

cdtm
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Odin took a piece of Thor -his power and essence- and placed into Bill:
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa469/R-O-O/Thor/AsplitPower.jpg

He did something similar with Norvell as well. This scene might also have some value:
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa469/R-O-O/Thor/SummonThor1.jpg
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa469/R-O-O/Thor/SummonThor2.jpg

Later on in the arc, with Thor's aid, the Corps created a united God Blast:
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/GodBlastSavesMultiverse.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/GodBlastSavesMultiverse2.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/GodBlastSavesMultiverse3.jpg

Based on what I've seen, it's my opinion that when someone wields Thor's power or a portion of it, they take upon themselves a part of what makes Thor himself. With the aid of Thor, they can briefly tap into this power. After all, the inscription on the hammer does say that whoever is worthy, will wield the power of Thor.

It looks like most of the scans make reference to the power being contained within the hammers, not focusing innate power within themselves through them.

If Odin needed to implant some of Thor's power directly into Bill, instead of into his hammer, how to explain Bill being powered up using Thor's hammer then? He didn't need Thor's essence within his body to operate Mjolnir the first time, did he?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Then why would they need to become one with their enchanted hammers? It's the typical flowery prose of the God Blast.

Every time someone wields the power of Thor, they immediately gain a portion of Thor's essence. That's the only explanation that makes sense.

cdtm
Then why would they need to become one with their enchanted hammers? It's the typical flowery prose of the God Blast.

Every time someone wields the power of Thor, they immediately gain a portion of Thor's essence. That's the only explanation that makes sense.

Makes sense, actually.

It'd explain why they transform.

But even if they gain essence via the hammer, or merge with it's essence, Thor's essence come from within...

Shouldn't that translate into Thor having some extra powers, or a much more powerful Godblast, precisely because of that innate power? E.g., he could actually channel his innate Godly essence into the hammer, in addition to the power's the hammer itself possesses. Bill or any other user shouldn't be able to do this, since without the hammer they're just mortals...

Rage.Of.Olympus
Makes sense, actually.

It'd explain why they transform.

But even if they gain essence via the hammer, or merge with it's essence, Thor's essence come from within...

Shouldn't that translate into Thor having some extra powers, or a much more powerful Godblast, precisely because of that innate power? E.g., he could actually channel his innate Godly essence into the hammer, in addition to the power's the hammer itself possesses. Bill or any other user shouldn't be able to do this, since without the hammer they're just mortals...

The details have never really been given so this is pretty much guess work. I'd guess that whenever someone becomes worthy, they automatically drain a portion of Thor's internal Godly Essence into their own body. Other than that, the only other actual explanation is that a set amount of Thor's essence lingers in Mjolnir, enough of it so as to power up a wielder to Thor's level. Thor's internal Godly Essence ranges into High End Skyfather/Abstract levels of power for whatever reason. Far above the power he usually has on tap so it's possible.

The God Blast basically already is Thor's essence + Mjolnir. It's just that it seems the higher you go, the more power Thor himself provides because Mjolnir has limits that are beneath that of Thor's Asgardian soul. Hence needing to reinforce it with the belt of strength during the scene with Exitar.

I'm not sure what you mean.

cdtm

I'm not sure what you mean.

I'm trying to clarify where Thor's "Godly essence" comes into play with his hammer's powers, and how it separates him from other characters that don't have that essence. And also, for the purposes of this thread, trying to discern what the hammer itself can do, vs channeling Thor's innate abilities.

But you've pretty much given your opinions on the subject, it looks like.

Would the hammer have weather control on it's own, or is that something that's supplied through Thor? And do you believe the hammer can fire a "godblast" on it's own, from it's own stores of energies, without Thor channeling it?

One more thing: Didn't Odin imbue some of his power into the hammers as well? I could have sworn I read a story where it was claimed he did, but now I'm not certain...

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm trying to clarify where Thor's "Godly essence" comes into play with his hammer's powers, and how it separates him from other characters that don't have that essence. And also, for the purposes of this thread, trying to discern what the hammer itself can do, vs channeling Thor's innate abilities.

But you've pretty much given your opinions on the subject, it looks like.

Would the hammer have weather control on it's own, or is that something that's supplied through Thor? And do you believe the hammer can fire a "godblast" on it's own, from it's own stores of energies, without Thor channeling it?

One more thing: Didn't Odin imbue some of his power into the hammers as well? I could have sworn I read a story where it was claimed he did, but now I'm not certain...

Unfortunately it's hard to tell where Thor begins and Mjolnir ends. The very fact that the inscription on the hammer says you gain the power of Thor makes it complicated. Without Mjolnir, Thor possesses: All of his physical stats including immortality and so on, weather manipulation, energy projection and manipulation. Everything else I would assume is the hammer.

Thor's Godly Essence is what gives beings who are worthy of the power Thor's physical stats and so on I'd wager.

Thor can control the weather without Mjolnir. It's possible that weather control comes from merging with a part of Thor as the Odinson doesn't end with the physical world and has an intricate link to the elements. As recently pointed out, Thor's divinity transcends dimensions. Of course, perhaps weather controlling is something the hammer can do on it's own. Not really sure.

No, the hammer cannot fire the God Blast on it's own.

Yes, it was Odin who enchanted Mjolnir and Stormbreaker. The worthiness enchantment, the return enchantment, teleportation, time/space manipulation, bending the forces of the Universe, energy absorption, it's own vast internal reserves etc. all come from Odin imo.

Let me put it this way, it's by the grace of Odin that Thor and Mjolnir have the powers that they do.

On a related note, do you want to see all the abilities Thor has illustrated without the hammer?

cdtm

On a related note, do you want to see all the abilities Thor has illustrated without the hammer?

Sure. smokin'

Kasper Gutman

"On a related note, do you want to see all the abilities Thor has illustrated without the hammer?"

Just show the scan of Thor eating an enchanted apple while sitting on his bed surrounded by half naked woman fauning over him. That was a pretty ubah power but then again I'm a nerd.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Kasper Gutman

"On a related note, do you want to see all the abilities Thor has illustrated without the hammer?"

Just show the scan of Thor eating an enchanted apple while sitting on his bed surrounded by half naked woman fauning over him. That was a pretty ubah power but then again I'm a nerd.

I have that scan

gogogadgetgo
After all, the inscription on the hammer does say that whoever is worthy, will wield the power of Thor.

shouldn't this be the end all of this stupid thread? it doesn't say "wield the power of mojlnier"..it says "Thor"...

Fail thread is Fail

Sr J-Bieb
This thread is also awful

Philosophía
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
This thread is also awful You mean you disagree with Thor spreading his essence to other men in order for them to become pale versions of him?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.