Better Durability: Superboy Prime of Thanos?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Harbinger
Two characters in the same weight class.

Prime tanked a universe-busting explosion after tearing off Monarch's suit. He's also flown thrown the heart of the Anti-Monitor and come out unscathed.

Thanos has tanked reality-warping while passing through dimensions, a blast from the Maker that KOed him, and taken Gungir-concentrated shots from an enraged Odin.

There are far more feats from each. Overall, who's durability is better, and why?

EDIT: Title should say "or," not "of."

Zack Fair
Prime has higher-end durability feats while Thanos has the better average/consistent durability feats IMO.

iceman24567
Prime

Uriel005
Prime if you discard some of his downright silly losses.

Galan007
Prime. Unquestionably.

As was mentioned in the OP, Prime tanked Monarch's universe-busting detonation at ground zero. He was also completely unscathed after flying directly through the anti-matter energies that comprise Anti-Monitor's being (of which are also capable of nullifying universes.)

Thanos has no durability feats anywhere near that. None.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Uriel005

thumb up

Bentley
Prime, obviously. You need to be a Quanchi level fan to think otherwise.

YoungGunna
Prime no doubt

Harbinger
I actually expected at least someone (other than Quan) to give a case for Thanos. Gotdamn. This thread= fail.

Bentley
Originally posted by Harbinger
I actually expected at least someone (other than Quan) to give a case for Thanos. Gotdamn. This thread= fail.

You'll have to sit on K-thaosi guy because Nihilist actually knows stuff about Thanos.

shokosugi
Thanos is sh1t compared to SBP

Philosophía
Originally posted by Galan007
Prime. Unquestionably.

carver9
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Prime has higher-end durability feats while Thanos has the better average/consistent durability feats IMO.

This.

I would say that Thanos average is better than Prime average and Prime high end is better than Thanos high end.

bbrem123
thanos has some pretty good durablity feats...didnt he resist the rot which was destroying the universe...and then proceeds to destroy it completely

Mindset
Thanos.

marwash22
Where's BBZ and Thanosi to give their totally unbiased opinion?

Mindset
Where's your mom to give me some cookies!?

batdude123
Thanos, unquestionably.

Mindset
Originally posted by batdude123
Thanos, unquestionably. I've always considered you to have a genius level iq like myself, now I'm sure of it.

batdude123
http://i56.tinypic.com/mvjndt.jpg

marwash22
Originally posted by Mindset
Where's your mom to give me some cookies!? she's at the mall. you know b!tches be shoppin'.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Uriel005

lol kyrpto

Lord Feron
Originally posted by batdude123
http://i56.tinypic.com/mvjndt.jpg

lol

long pig
Thanos undoubtedly....

Uriel005
Originally posted by Lord Feron
lol kyrpto sad didn't I say disregard the silly ones dammit.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by Lord Feron
lol kyrpto

That's not a low showing. An earth dog can bite a human and break the skin. So why can't a Kryptonian dog with powers not break the skin of a kryptonian??

Anyway SBP has greater durability.

Omega Vision
Tbf, Krypto has a pretty good record.

He tore through Mongul's neck like nothing.

And yet when he attacked Prime with the same ferocity he barely did any damage at all and quickly got put down.

quanchi112
Without a doubt, Thanos.

Newjak
I've never really agreed with the idea he simply tanked the Monarch blast.

It seemed like more was at work there.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Newjak
I've never really agreed with the idea he simply tanked the Monarch blast.

It seemed like more was at work there. There's absolutely no proof whatsoever he did. I agree in droppe dhim in time but tanking the blast would imply he was still in the universe after the blast hit which the Monitor confirmed he wasn't.

carver9
Originally posted by quanchi112
There's absolutely no proof whatsoever he did. I agree in droppe dhim in time but tanking the blast would imply he was still in the universe after the blast hit which the Monitor confirmed he wasn't.

Agreed.

And if you looked at his average showings, even as Superman Prime, Thanos is above him. Half of the things that has damaged him or made him scream out in pain wouldn't even get acknowledged by Thanos.

Mindset
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
That's not a low showing. An earth dog can bite a human and break the skin. So why can't a Kryptonian dog with powers not break the skin of a kryptonian??

Anyway SBP has greater durability. We don't have superhuman durability.

It takes a lot less than a dog to break our skin.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Zack Fair

Simbon
We don't have superhuman durability.

Speak for yourself.

Hyperion Prime
We don't have superhuman durability.

It takes a lot less than a dog to break our skin.

Yes but Krypto does. Why shouldn't he be able to bite SBP. The Average earth dog can break even the toughest humans skin if he bites them. So why shouldn't Krypto be able to do the same to someone from his planet.

If Krypto was an Earth dog of course he shouldnt be able to break SBP skin, but he is not he is a Kryptonian dog with Super powers.

Black bolt z
Yes but Krypto does. Why shouldn't he be able to bite SBP. The Average earth dog can break even the toughest humans skin if he bites them. So why shouldn't Krypto be able to do the same to someone from his planet.

If Krypto was an Earth dog of course he shouldnt be able to break SBP skin, but he is not he is a Kryptonian dog with Super powers. What makes you think that if:

The strength of a human equals that of superman, then it is an equivalent ratio of a regular dog to krypto?

Like if superman if 1 trillion times stronger than a human, what makes you think krypto is 1 trillion times stronger than a regular dog?

Mindset

If Krypto was an Earth dog of course he shouldnt be able to break SBP skin, but he is not he is a Kryptonian dog with Super powers. Entirely missing the point.

A human has pretty much zero piercing durability, your analogy doesn't work at all.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by Black bolt z
What makes you think that if:

The strength of a human equals that of superman, then it is an equivalent ratio of a regular dog to krypto?

Like if superman if 1 trillion times stronger than a human, what makes you think krypto is 1 trillion times stronger than a regular dog?

Just by the fact that average dogs are usually stronger or more ferocius than humans. I don't think Krypto should have to be 1 trillion times stronger to do damage to SBP.

Hell I think a Kryptonian dog should be faster than Superman.....because it's a dog.....dog's are just faster.

Mindset
Just by the fact that average dogs are usually stronger or more ferocius than humans. I don't think Krypto should have to be 1 trillion times stronger to do damage to SBP.

Hell I think a Kryptonian dog should be faster than Superman.....because it's a dog.....dog's are just faster. Stop trying to draw a similarity where there is none.

Black bolt z
Stop trying to draw an similarity where there is none. thumb up

iceman24567
Originally posted by Black bolt z
thumb up Dont thumps up Mindset even when hes right no expression

long pig
I'll beat the shit out of a dog with no remorse. **** em.

Mindset
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/custom_avatars/avatar54292_24.gif

Say word?

long pig
Just saying: Not beating dogs is gay.

CosmicComet
you gay bruh

Mindset
http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/tt156/tbattle3/208gzrl.gif

iceman24567
In living color!

CosmicComet
laughing out loud

long pig
Great show till white people started watching it.

carver9

Hell I think a Kryptonian dog should be faster than Superman.....because it's a dog.....dog's are just faster.

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/killantlan.jpg

quanchi112
Originally posted by long pig
I'll beat the shit out of a dog with no remorse. **** em. I'd be on you like Thanos on Mistress Death if you ever came after a dog. Belie that.

Bentley
There's absolutely no proof whatsoever he did. I agree in droppe dhim in time but tanking the blast would imply he was still in the universe after the blast hit which the Monitor confirmed he wasn't.

There is absolutely no proof or whatsoever about Void depending on Bob's will to live.

See what I did there?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bentley
There is absolutely no proof or whatsoever about Void depending on Bob's will to live.

See what I did there? Except the writer stated it in an interview unlike your lack of proof or lack of a logical assumption to connect the dots of why the Monitor couldn't sense Prime after the blast. Plus we've already seen the Void come back from complete destruction on panel. LOL.

Wishful thinking and nothing more.

long pig
I probably like dogs more than people. I always wanted to be a trainer. Like that homo dog whisperer.

Bentley
I was going to say "I went off topic" confused

TheLordofMurder
I'd be on you like Thanos on Mistress Death if you ever came after a dog. Belie that.

Thanos on Mistress Death!??

laughing out loud

Mistress Death gives Mephisto a blow job daily; she even does it while talking to Thanos on the phone...

You should have realized that Mephisto was her REAL man when she came to his aid against Thanos in the Infinity Guantlet arc...

Happy Dance

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by carver9
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/killantlan.jpg

WTF does this have to do with me saying Krypto should be able to pierce SBP skin. sad

zeel
after careful consideration and some deep thinking about this, im pulling for rhino.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Thanos on Mistress Death!??

laughing out loud

Mistress Death gives Mephisto a blow job daily; she even does it while talking to Thanos on the phone...

You should have realized that Mephisto was her REAL man when she came to his aid against Thanos in the Infinity Guantlet arc...

Happy Dance She acted this way because Thanos was getting his rocks off with Terraxia the mad titan's personal whore. Thanos always wins in the end it's in his dna.

ColossusGrundy
Prime - no contest.

He duked it out with 2 supermen,
Took the Martian Manhunters best shots,
laughed at Black Adam's attack,
Spoke casually while Earth 1 superboy attacked him,
fought against thirty or so green lanterns without having trouble ....

etc. etc .etc...... all this just in the crisis.....

Thanos couldnt have done any of that

rotiart
Thanos jumping into thoti... Energies enough to remake the entire universe and absorb even the living tribunal... And survived...

KuRuPT Thanosi
Are people actually saying there is nothing compared to being at "ground zero" for the "universe exploding" even though there was other stuff that lived? As stated above... being exposed to the naked energies of the heart of the universe is certainly comparable if not greater.

quanchi112
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
Prime - no contest.

He duked it out with 2 supermen,
Took the Martian Manhunters best shots,
laughed at Black Adam's attack,
Spoke casually while Earth 1 superboy attacked him,
fought against thirty or so green lanterns without having trouble ....

etc. etc .etc...... all this just in the crisis.....

Thanos couldnt have done any of that Thanos has done that and more.

Prime has also bled from Kypto and been scarred for life by Superboy. The guy has awesome damage soak but he's a bleeder.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.