Requirements for Worthiness?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

h1a8
I'm curious as to whether certain heroes or villains are worthy to lift Thor's hammer, like Superman, Darkseid, Galactus, Thanos, certain GL, WW, etc.

I know warriors spirit and courage are needed.
What are the things you guys think are needed in order to be worthy and who do you see lifting the hammer that hasn't tried yet. Crossovers where Superman and WW involved with the hammer isn't allowed for discussion. Assume those things never happened.

Colossus-Big C
brovert pretty much explained in on twitter

carver9
First thing H1... change your sig.

As for your comment... I think Supes could lift it.

Harbinger
Supes/GLs (Hal, Alan, Kyle, Guy, etc.)/Diana could lift it.

h1a8
Any villains like Galactus or Thanos?

CosmicComet
Galactus probably, as he's supposed to be above Odin on the totem pole.

TheLordofMurder
Yeah, Galactus should easily be able to lift as he is not only beyond Odin (and so he can overcome Odins enchantments), but his motives are beyond good and evil as well...

Hyperion Prime
He-man
Goku
Superman
Captain Marvel DC
Wonder Woman
Ben Grimm
Steve Rogers
Siff

VIllians.....I think Black Adam could be worthy. BA isn't truly evil.
same with marvel Ares.

cdtm
How about Miracleman?

By some standards, he may be worthy, even though imo he's just a facist...

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Harbinger
(Hal, Alan, Kyle, Guy, etc.)

how do u figure this?

Digi
Ben Grimm already tried and failed.

zopzop
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Yeah, Galactus should easily be able to lift as he is not only beyond Odin (and so he can overcome Odins enchantments), but his motives are beyond good and evil as well...

I dont' know about this LoM. I'm reading the solicits for Mighty Thor 1-4 and it looks like Galactus is gonna get schooled by Odin. sick

Silent Master
Wonder Woman and Steve = Worthy
Everyone else that was listed = Not worthy

Batman-Prime
Captain America
BRB stick out tongue
He-Man
Wonder Woman
Superman

Every Skyfather or higher should be able to, like Darkseid.

Oh yeah, not Thanos big grin.

Q99
Originally posted by Batman-Prime

That's not really worthiness, so much as being able to override the enchantment, IMO.

Rage.Of.Olympus
The beings who have been worthy at one point or another are: Steve Rogers, Superman, Bor, Buri, Odin, Beta Ray Bill, Wonder Woman, and I guess Dargo Ktor.

Of course the enchantment apparently can show leniency to those who otherwise wouldn't be worthy as we saw with Superman. Bor failing later on also illustrates that it's not static.

I'm guessing Dargo wouldn't be worthy in different circumstances either. Steve Rogers also lifted the hammer in a moment of danger so who knows.

Lol.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Q99
That's not really worthiness, so much as being able to override the enchantment, IMO.

True, that's why I left out Batman... smokin'

Allankles
Captain America
BRB stick out tongue
He-Man
Wonder Woman
Superman

Darkseid isn't worthy, being evil and all. But I can see him overriding the enchantment if he wanted to take the hammer.

psycho gundam
only time darkseid lifts the hammer is when he makes thor do it to cave darkseid's shit in with it

Black bolt z
Goku
Superman
Captain America

Thats all I can think of at the moment.

Allankles
Originally posted by psycho gundam
only time darkseid lifts the hammer is when he makes thor do it to cave darkseid's shit in with it

Huh?! You do know you didn't make much sense with that rebuttal erm. But considering DS can depower skyfathers and entire pantheons of gods I fail to see how a mere enchantment would prevent him from doing anything.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Allankles
Huh! You know that didn't make sense. But considering DS can depower skyfathers and entire pantheons of gods I fail to see how a mere enchantment would prevent him from doing anything. Mabye Odin not letting him.

Allankles
Unless they're having a battle of wills, the enchantment wouldn't stop him.

Gecko4lif
Some horrible typos. Let me correct them

"only time darkseid lifts the hammer is when he wants to give thor a uru enema"

Rage.Of.Olympus
Lol.

Sin I AM
lol at whoever said goku

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Sin I AM
lol at whoever said goku What? Goku is pure of heart, and is definitely a warrior. I don't see why he couldn't.

Gecko4lif
Worthy people

Cap america
Orion
Captain marvel
Black panther (maybe)
Jimmy olsen

Prep-Man
Goku.
Lobo.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Black bolt z
What? Goku is pure of heart, and is definitely a warrior. I don't see why he couldn't.

he's not a warrior, yes he has the fighting spirit, but i wouldnt classify him as a warrior

Hyperion Prime
What? Goku is pure of heart, and is definitely a warrior. I don't see why he couldn't.

I said Goku too. I don't see why he couldn't lift it.

Black bolt z
he's not a warrior, yes he has the fighting spirit, but i wouldnt classify him as a warrior Well he is a sayian, a race of warriors. Called the warrior race countless times by vegeta.

Hyperion Prime
Well he is a sayian, a race of warriors. Called the warrior race countless times by vegeta.

Dude let it go. Of course he is a warrior all he ever does is train to fight. There is alot of DBZ hate on this board.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by carver9
First thing H1... change your sig.

crylaugh

~The Wickerman~
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
H
same with marvel Ares.

Wait....what?

Ares has done so much evil shit it's not even funny. The mere fact that he gets -somewhat- humanized in his mini doesn't change the fact that he absolutely LOVES to hurt things and to lose himself in a bloodrage.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by ~The Wickerman~
Wait....what?

Ares has done so much evil shit it's not even funny. The mere fact that he gets -somewhat- humanized in his mini doesn't change the fact that he absolutely LOVES to hurt things and to lose himself in a bloodrage.

Ares is a god though. He isn't really evil like Loki or Seth. Everytime I have ever seen Ares he seemed to be doing what he thought was right. He has also been manipulated by Pluto and Hera. He to me is no more evil than the Punisher.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Lmao. You need to read up on the character. Ares was evil. He was Hercules' version of Loki. Oeming did a little rewiring with character's personality and even then, he was a blood thirsty animal. He gave Ares redeeming qualities and the want to change.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Lmao. You need to read up on the character. Ares was evil. He was Hercules' version of Loki. Oeming did a little rewiring with character's personality and even then, he was a blood thirsty animal. He gave Ares redeeming qualities and the want to change.

I will admit I didn't read too much Ares growing up.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by zopzop
I dont' know about this LoM. I'm reading the solicits for Mighty Thor 1-4 and it looks like Galactus is gonna get schooled by Odin. sick

If that happens...

Dude!!! Comics are so rife with BS its ridiculous!! 3 Skyfathers cant even tickle Arishem, but Odin all by himself can beat Galactus...

Screw it; I'll just keep playing DC Universe...

Sin I AM
lol @ DBZ hate.................u mad!!!

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
If that happens...

Dude!!! Comics are so rife with BS its ridiculous!! 3 Skyfathers cant even tickle Arishem, but Odin all by himself can beat Galactus...

Screw it; I'll just keep playing DC Universe...

Odin was at his lowest point against the Celestials -Thomas didn't like powerful Skyfathers for some reason- and the metallic bastards were above everyone. Yes, including Galactus.

Good writer but some of his work annoyed me.

Zack Fair
Superman shouldn't lift it. While I think he is worthy in that the hammer couldn't be in better hands, I think it requires more than just being uber good. Perhaps the will to go to arms when it is needed?

Goku being a Superman ripoff shouldn't lift it either IMHO.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Superman shouldn't lift it. While I think he is worthy in that the hammer couldn't be in better hands, I think it requires more than just being uber good. Perhaps the will to go to arms when it is needed?

exactly, you have to be willing to do what is needed and kill if necessary

~The Wickerman~
Ares is a god though. He isn't really evil like Loki or Seth. Everytime I have ever seen Ares he seemed to be doing what he thought was right. He has also been manipulated by Pluto and Hera. He to me is no more evil than the Punisher.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/96/ares1w.jpg/

"the rape of nations, the genocide of people, to rejoice in blood and pain." The guy chooses who he backs up in a war based on which is the more brutal.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/34/ares2c.jpg/

When he has defeated the forces of Hades, Ares orders for them to be sliced in half, and one half be sent back to Tartarus while the other half is burned, so that if they ever escape Tartarus, they will never be complete.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/42/ares3n.jpg/

"...and it feels good"

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/831/ares4k.jpg/

"Let me feel their blood on my hands! Let me see the fear in their eyes! Let me feel death in my grip!"

No dude, the guy is evil as all hell. And that's just from his mini where they tried like hell to make him seem better. I'm not including when he shot Hercules with Hydra blood to drive him insane with torturous pain, or all the other dozens of evil plots.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by Zack Fair

And when have Superman or Goku ever hesitated to go to arms??? How is Superman any different than Steve Rogers picking up the hammer? Eric masterson how was he ready to go to war when he picked up the hammer. Half the time masterson didnt even want to fight.

Edit: I think Masterson was given the power by Odin. Now I have to go into my comics and read. I hate that.

Hyperion Prime
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/96/ares1w.jpg/

"the rape of nations, the genocide of people, to rejoice in blood and pain." The guy chooses who he backs up in a war based on which is the more brutal.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/34/ares2c.jpg/

When he has defeated the forces of Hades, Ares orders for them to be sliced in half, and one half be sent back to Tartarus while the other half is burned, so that if they ever escape Tartarus, they will never be complete.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/42/ares3n.jpg/

"...and it feels good"

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/831/ares4k.jpg/

"Let me feel their blood on my hands! Let me see the fear in their eyes! Let me feel death in my grip!"

No dude, the guy is evil as all hell. And that's just from his mini where they tried like hell to make him seem better. I'm not including when he shot Hercules with Hydra blood to drive him insane with torturous pain, or all the other dozens of evil plots.

Thanks for posting these.

Sin I AM
And when have Superman or Goku ever hesitated to go to arms??? How is Superman any different than Steve Rogers picking up the hammer? Eric masterson how was he ready to go to war when he picked up the hammer. Half the time masterson didnt even want to fight.

Edit: I think Masterson was given the power by Odin. Now I have to go into my comics and read. I hate that.

are they willing to kill for the greater good? thats a true warrior

cdtm
Odin was at his lowest point against the Celestials -Thomas didn't like powerful Skyfathers for some reason- and the metallic bastards were above everyone. Yes, including Galactus.

Good writer but some of his work annoyed me.

They also tanked "All of Asgard inhabited" Asgardian Destroyers best attacks, excepting the Odin Sword.

And yet Thor could bust their armor. Happy Dance

Black bolt z
lol @ DBZ hate.................u mad!!! And lol at goku not being worthy of lifting the hammer

Hyperion Prime
And lol at goku not being worthy of lifting the hammer

The funny thing is if you have to be a killer to wield the hammer then why was Steve Rogers able to use the hammer. He is so against killing, but people post without thinking. "I guess Steve Rogers isn't a true warrior since he dosent kill" Yet he held the hammer. That shuts down that lame argument.

Black bolt z
The funny thing is if you have to be a killer to wield the hammer then why was Steve Rogers able to use the hammer. He is so against killing, but people post without thinking. "I guess Steve Rogers isn't a true warrior since he dosent kill" Yet he held the hammer. That shuts down that lame argument. And not only that but Goku has killed. He only does it when there is absolutely no other option, but he did kill(or tried to kill) freiza, after freiza used the energy goku gave him to attack.

He also killed buu(but buu was a completely evil abomination with no chance of redemption).

Did he kill anyone in regular Dragon Ball? Piccolo...anyone else?

Lord Feron
Being a warrior is more than about killing. Justsayin...

Hyperion Prime
And not only that but Goku has killed. He only does it when there is absolutely no other option, but he did kill(or tried to kill) freiza, after freiza used the energy goku gave him to attack.

He also killed buu(but buu was a completely evil abomination with no chance of redemption).

Did he kill anyone in regular Dragon Ball? Piccolo...anyone else?

He tried his best to kill Brolly. He killed Cooler (at least he thought he did) He killed all of the Ginyu force that's why they wound up in hell. DBZ haters

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Being a warrior is more than about killing. Justsayin...

Me and Blackboltz aren't the ones saying that stupid shit though.

Lord Feron
Me and Blackboltz aren't the ones saying that stupid shit though.

nah i know i think it's the warrior spirit and the "good" intention that drive it is pretty important. Also being noble is key as well.

Damborgson
The funny thing is if you have to be a killer to wield the hammer then why was Steve Rogers able to use the hammer. He is so against killing, but people post without thinking. "I guess Steve Rogers isn't a true warrior since he dosent kill" Yet he held the hammer. That shuts down that lame argument. well he did kill Nazi's back in the day...

Black bolt z
He tried his best to kill Brolly. He killed Cooler (at least he thought he did) He killed all of the Ginyu force that's why they wound up in hell. DBZ haters Actually...vegeta killed the ginyu force. Goku beat them, then vegeta killed them.Originally posted by Lord Feron
Being a warrior is more than about killing. Justsayin... And goku is about a lot more than just killing.

Hyperion Prime
nah i know i think it's the warrior spirit and the "good" intention that drive it is pretty important. Also being noble is key as well.

Excellent post!!!!!!

cdtm
He tried his best to kill Brolly. He killed Cooler (at least he thought he did) He killed all of the Ginyu force that's why they wound up in hell. DBZ haters

Not to mention he killed most of the Red Ribbon Army, and Piccolo Daimao.

And as for his character, he's also totally without evil, which is why Akuman couldn't target the evil in his heart and make it explode.

He should be a good candidate for the hammer, imo.

Black bolt z
nah i know i think it's the warrior spirit and the "good" intention that drive it is pretty important. Also being noble is key as well. And Goku has all those.

So we have two people that most people agree can wield the hammer:

Cap
Goku

Would superman be worthy?

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by Damborgson
well he did kill Nazi's back in the day...

If he did that's retcon stuff. I have never seen Steve rogers kill anyone ever. You will have to show me a scan

/ Besides killing is not one of the rquirements to wield the hammer.

Edit I know he killed Red skull when he had the cosmic cube.

Sin I AM
The funny thing is if you have to be a killer to wield the hammer then why was Steve Rogers able to use the hammer. He is so against killing, but people post without thinking. "I guess Steve Rogers isn't a true warrior since he dosent kill" Yet he held the hammer. That shuts down that lame argument.

hmmmmmmmmmmm are u suggesting that steve rogers has not killed anyone smokin'

Hyperion Prime
And Goku has all those.

So we have two people that most people agree can wield the hammer:

Cap
Goku

Would superman be worthy?
I think Superman as well as Captain Marvel Billy Batson would be worthy

Actually...vegeta killed the ginyu force. Goku beat them, then vegeta killed them. And goku is about a lot more than just killing.

You are right. I am getting old can't remember anything.

carver9
lol @ DBZ hate.................u mad!!!

It is quite obvious that there is some DBZ hate on the board...LOADS OF IT and I don't blame them due to the fact that Goku could beat 90% of the people brought up on the boards skyfather and below.

Hyperion Prime
It is quite obvious that there is some DBZ hate on the board...LOADS OF IT and I don't blame them due to the fact that Goku could beat 90% of the people brought up on the boards skyfather and below.

Carver I agree with you 100% I think DBZ stuff should be able to be discussed, but people know an anime character can beat most american characters and people cant stand it.

I'd put Goku up against almost anybody.

carver9
Carver I agree with you 100% I think DBZ stuff should be able to be discussed, but people know an anime character can beat most american characters and people cant stand it.

I'd put Goku up against almost anybody.

Yep...

Especially since we/I just received documents from Akira himself that states that Goku as a Super Saiyan 1 could destroy a Solar System with a single attack.

Black bolt z
Yep...

Especially since we/I just received documents from Akira himself that states that Goku as a Super Saiyan 1 could destroy a Solar System with a single attack. Please post...

carver9
Please post...

Not derailing the thread buddy.

Damborgson
If he did that's retcon stuff. I have never seen Steve rogers kill anyone ever. You will have to show me a scan

/ Besides killing is not one of the rquirements to wield the hammer.

Edit I know he killed Red skull when he had the cosmic cube. Well he was in WW2 I assume he killed...Bucky even said he saw Cap use guns and kill.

Sr J-Bieb
Not derailing the thread buddy. "I'll derail the thread, but I won't post proof of the thing that I tried to derail the thread with"

kgkg
Yep...

Especially since we/I just received documents from Akira himself that states that Goku as a Super Saiyan 1 could destroy a Solar System with a single attack. You received documents from Akira? lol

Harbinger
Originally posted by kgkg
You received documents from Akira? lol I saw that shit, too, and was like "WTF is carver on with that?"

long pig
DBZ is ****ing retarded. Also gay. Gaytarded. **** goku

Igniz
Hmm?This is a bit tricky on the part of the Hammer's enchantment.I was thinking Capt.America(Steve Rogers) was worthy to wield Thor's hammer because I remember at 1 point in time, he volunteered for the Super-soldier serum formula project.This can be taken as an act of patriotism in Steve Roger's part.I was thinking this could be the reason he can wield the hammer and the fact he has no evil intent could also be another reason(pure of heart).Skyfathers or Elder Gods might have a way of overriding the enchantment for them to lift it.Or it may simply come down to Odin's idea of what makes a person worthy to wield the uru hammer Mjolnir.

Sin I AM
Yep...

Especially since we/I just received documents from Akira

u and akira are homeboys?

Batman-Prime
Carver, I'm BEGINNING to lose respect for you... I'm even doubting that everything you say is true and well though out...

Nihilist
Would Captain Marvell be able to lift it.

carver9
Originally posted by Harbinger
I saw that shit, too, and was like "WTF is carver on with that?"

Was kind of tipsy when I wrote that. Even though I was tipsy I was "partial" right. I have proof that Goku could shed a solar system from the manga.

I wish me and Akira was homeboys.

carver9
Carver, I'm BEGINNING to lose respect for you... I'm even doubting that everything you say is true and well though out...

Lose it buddy. By the way... read your post and you were right about the Hulk and Superman fight.

Gecko4lif
Your the ****ing slowest guy I have ever seen. It is like waiting till after the holocaust and saying

"Hitler. Im beginning to think your not that nice"

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Your the ****ing slowest guy I have ever seen. It is like waiting till after the holocaust and saying

"Hitler. Im beginning to think your not that nice"

Gecko. I'm beginning to doubt your intelligence... like honestly... WTF

quanchi112
Huh?! You do know you didn't make much sense with that rebuttal erm. But considering DS can depower skyfathers and entire pantheons of gods I fail to see how a mere enchantment would prevent him from doing anything. Through prep maybe but the guy couldn't even depower the gl corps desaad had to expose their yellow weakness and his entire planet had to wage war. You really don't grasp how Darkseid is portrayed from story to story.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Nihilist
Would Captain Marvell be able to lift it.

no, simply being a goddy-goody does not mean your worthy of lifting the hammer.

Its all about the warriors spirit, his/her fighting nature. The glory and awe thye instill in battle, to the point where it seems they almost have a zeal for it, without becoming masochistic. Think about who has already weilded it. Thor/Beta Ray (asgardian, norse god/korbinite champion), Diana (warrior/amazon), Captain America (soldier). Captain Marvel, Superman, Goku, etc though great "fighters" do not fit into the warrior class.

They do not relish the thrill of battle, while simulataneously going for the greater good, and have no qualms about killing if it is necessary. They also do not live by the warriors code, think a medieval knights code of chivalry and you will get the picture.

Ize19

Its all about the warriors spirit, his/her fighting nature. The glory and awe thye instill in battle, to the point where it seems they almost have a zeal for it, without becoming masochistic. Think about who has already weilded it. Thor/Beta Ray (asgardian, norse god/korbinite champion), Diana (warrior/amazon), Captain America (soldier). Captain Marvel, Superman, Goku, etc though great "fighters" do not fit into the warrior class.

They do not relish the thrill of battle, while simulataneously going for the greater good, and have no qualms about killing if it is necessary. They also do not live by the warriors code, think a medieval knights code of chivalry and you will get the picture.

WHAT! Did you ever see DBZ? How you can say that Goku doesn't relish the thrill of battle... for crying out loud, we're talking about somebody who LAUGHS, with the whole world on the line, when he realizes he's facing a challenge in combat! And of course he's concerned for the greater good, otherwise he wouldn't risk his life against opponents that utterly outclass him time and again, doing whatever he can to save the people of Earth.

As for qualms of killing, while living by a warriors code, he was certainly willing to kill the Red Ribbon Army, and King Piccolo, and Raditz, and Freeza, and Buu... but at the same time, he fought honorably against all of them, giving them opportunitites to surrender, and showing mercy against others that he wished to face again. The only one to whom he didn't didn't display this code was his brother, who was far too powerful for him and Piccolo to handle fairly, and who had threatened the life of his child.

Quite frankly, if Goku isn't worthy to wield the hammer, I don't know if anyone is.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Ize19
WHAT! Did you ever see DBZ? How you can say that Goku doesn't relish the thrill of battle... for crying out loud, we're talking about somebody who LAUGHS, with the whole world on the line, when he realizes he's facing a challenge in combat! And of course he's concerned for the greater good, otherwise he wouldn't risk his life against opponents that utterly outclass him time and again, doing whatever he can to save the people of Earth.

As for qualms of killing, while living by a warriors code, he was certainly willing to kill the Red Ribbon Army, and King Piccolo, and Raditz, and Freeza, and Buu... but at the same time, he fought honorably against all of them, giving them opportunitites to surrender, and showing mercy against others that he wished to face again. The only one to whom he didn't didn't display this code was his brother, who was far too powerful for him and Piccolo to handle fairly, and who had threatened the life of his child.

Quite frankly, if Goku isn't worthy to wield the hammer, I don't know if anyone is.

your missing the point. Thor/ Wonder Woman and Goku and DBZ characters are a totally different breed. Do you even know what a warrior is? look it up first then discuss it with me

Zack Fair
your missing the point. Thor/ Wonder Woman and Goku and DBZ characters are a totally different breed. Do you even know what a warrior is? look it up first then discuss it with me

I think that is the reason they made Diana able to wield MJOLNIR during Marvel vs DC. I know the whole thing is not canon, but still I can see the similarities between Diana and Thor.

Ize19

Lol, what you mean is, you claimed that Goku couldn't qualify, because he lacked certain qualities. This claim was demonstrably false on every front. Now you want to claim he can't qualify, what, because he hasn't fought in an actual war? So what? In the DB verse, the closest thing we saw to an actual war taking place, was the attempted conquest of the Red Ribbon Army, and Goku was on the front lines of that battle. He and the Z warriors were Earth's troops against alien invasions.

Quite frankly, you're reaching to disqualify Goku, and you ought to know it. After taking another look at the first post I responded to, it seems to me that you are lumping him in along with other "Superman" characters, without realizing that just because he's looked up to in the same way they are, doesn't mean he views battle in the same way they do. I'm sorry, but you're just wrong on this one.

Hyperion Prime
Lol, what you mean is, you claimed that Goku couldn't qualify, because he lacked certain qualities. This claim was demonstrably false on every front. Now you want to claim he can't qualify, what, because he hasn't fought in an actual war? So what? In the DB verse, the closest thing we saw to an actual war taking place, was the attempted conquest of the Red Ribbon Army, and Goku was on the front lines of that battle. He and the Z warriors were Earth's troops against alien invasions.

Quite frankly, you're reaching to disqualify Goku, and you ought to know it. After taking another look at the first post I responded to, it seems to me that you are lumping him in along with other "Superman" characters, without realizing that just because he's looked up to in the same way they are, doesn't mean he views battle in the same way they do. I'm sorry, but you're just wrong on this one.

People are just DBZ haters. Goku has all the qualities to lift the Hammer. You can't change peoples minds who are biased. F' what people think.

Sin I AM

ummm no, I think because you see the character a certain way, you find it diffucult to believe that he wouldnt be able to lift the hammer. when i think of warrior in the classical sense, i think of amazon,knight, samurai, spartans, someone who embodies a warrior class society...dont get buthurt that he doesnt meet the criteria

s/n its all useless conjecture anyway because he will never get the oppurtunity to lift it anyway...so any point or opinion is baseless and moot

Hyperion Prime
Was kind of tipsy when I wrote that. Even though I was tipsy I was "partial" right. I have proof that Goku could shed a solar system from the manga.

I wish me and Akira was homeboys.

What's wrong with you man!!!! I thought you had some inside infor from the man himself. sad

carver9

You do know that Storm lifted the hammer right?

As for Goku... there is something similar in DBZ that Goku had to meet the same requirements to use... its the Flying Nembus. In order to fly it you have to meet those qualities and Goku was the only one who was able to even put his foot on it.

Yeah... he meets the requirements.

carver9
What's wrong with you man!!!! I thought you had some inside infor from the man himself. sad

I wish I did sad.

The manga should be good enough and Akira did state during an interview that if Gohun didn't stop Cells attack, it would have been the end of their Solar System. I posted the interview in the "Goku vs Superman" fight.

Hyperion Prime
I wish I did sad.

The manga should be good enough and Akira did state during an interview that if Gohun didn't stop Cells attack, it would have been the end of their Solar System. I posted the interview in the "Goku vs Superman" fight.

LOL as always I am just giving you a hard time. It's all good. big grin

You do know that Storm lifted the hammer right?

As for Goku... there is something similar in DBZ that Goku had to meet the same requirements to use... its the Flying Nembus. In order to fly it you have to meet those qualities and Goku was the only one who was able to even put his foot on it.

Yeah... he meets the requirements.

That's right Storm did lift the hammer. Yeah she is a real warrior. roll eyes (sarcastic) Goku with Thor's powers would be so bad ass.

carver9
LOL as always I am just giving you a hard time. It's all good. big grin

That's right Storm did lift the hammer. Yeah she is a real warrior. Goku with Thor's powers would be so bad ass.

He doesn't need the hammer.

He already got planet busting power, untouchable speed, earth shaking strength. It would hinder him if anything. Controlling weather, doesn't need it since when he powers up, the planet goes haywire.

It would aid in flight speed but then, he has instant transmission. It would be good for someone like Krillin.

Hyperion Prime

He already got planet busting power, untouchable speed, earth shaking strength. It would hinder him if anything. Controlling weather, doesn't need it since when he powers up, the planet goes haywire.

It would aid in flight speed but then, he has instant transmission. It would be good for someone like Krillin.

You are right he really dosen't need it. I love how when he powers up it changes the weather patterns. Lightning and stuff. Broly had the baddest power up though. Bad ass cool

~The Wickerman~

Based on this (ridiculous) definition of who would be a "true" (lol) warrior that is worthy of using Mjollnir, Ares would be the prime candidate for it.

I suggest you rethink what Mjollnir's all about smile

CosmicComet
Goku is a gawd damn warrior. Born of a warrior race that knew nothing else but fighting, and even when he completely lost his memory after landing on Earth as a baby, his warrior genes remained as strong as any other full blooded saiyan.

He fits the warrior mold more than almost anyone else posted in this thread.

It's in his blood. He loves the thrill of the fight. He's good of heart like Thor and prefers not to kill, but he can and has when pressed. Like Thor. The only difference between them really is that Goku is usually less uptight, he's a goof.

He was enjoying his fight with Frieza, cracking jokes the whole time, all the while during this planet was going to blow up in minutes. And he didn't care about that until the final countdown.

Sin I AM
Based on this (ridiculous) definition of who would be a "true" (lol) warrior that is worthy of using Mjollnir, Ares would be the prime candidate for it.

noway in my post did i even remotely suggest that Ares could lift it....maybe u should develop reading comprehension.

CosmicComet
He meant the parameters you set up for it would allow for Ares to be worthy.

carver9
Originally posted by CosmicComet

Yep.

Hyperion Prime

Excellent post.

Sin I AM

did u read the parameters?

CosmicComet
Yes.

Sin I AM

Its all about the warriors spirit, his/her fighting nature. The glory and awe thye instill in battle, to the point where it seems they almost have a zeal for it, without becoming masochistic . Think about who has already weilded it. Thor/Beta Ray (asgardian, norse god/korbinite champion), Diana (warrior/amazon), Captain America (soldier). Captain Marvel, Superman, Goku, etc though great "fighters" do not fit into the warrior class.

They relish the thrill of battle, while simulataneously going for the greater good , and have no qualms about killing if it is necessary. They also do not live by the warriors code, think a medieval knights code of chivalry and you will get the picture.

re read it

Allankles
"Warriors" come in different molds and temperaments. There's no one way to be a warrior.

For instance some of the greatest warriors in a lot of fictional settings hate fighting or having to fight, which ironically is the vital characteristic that makes them so good at fighting (they hone their skills so that they can end a fight as quickly as possible or so that they have the power to end a fight without needing to kill or maim to prevail).

DarkOdin

Of course the enchantment apparently can show leniency to those who otherwise wouldn't be worthy as we saw with Superman. Bor failing later on also illustrates that it's not static.

Lol. Bor didn't fail the 2nd time he choose not to claim Mjolnir as he sensed Thor was still alive.

~The Wickerman~
"Warriors" come in different molds and temperaments. There's no one way to be a warrior.

For instance some of the greatest warriors in a lot of fictional settings hate fighting or having to fight, which ironically is the vital characteristic that makes them so good at fighting (they hone their skills so that they can end a fight as quickly as possible or so that they have the power to end a fight without needing to kill or maim to prevail).

Warriors are the people most efficient at winning a war (hence the term warrior). Nowhere is it ever stipulated that to be a good warrior you have to be willing to kill to get the job done as Sin I Am makes it seem. For all intents and purposes, a strategist that never even sees battle but decides movement of troops can be a warrior far above some mere bloodthirsty maniac. Hell, a guy that threatens the enemy with nukes and gets them to sign a peace treaty is theoretically an amazing warrior. He just won a war in one fell swoop.

I think you're thinking of the term "fighter", and Sin I Am is thinking of some outdated fantasy warrior image.

Allankles
Warriors are the people most efficient at winning a war (hence the term warrior). Nowhere is it ever stipulated that to be a good warrior you have to be willing to kill to get the job done as Sin I Am makes it seem. For all intents and purposes, a strategist that never even sees battle but decides movement of troops can be a warrior far above some mere bloodthirsty maniac. Hell, a guy that threatens the enemy with nukes and gets them to sign a peace treaty is theoretically an amazing warrior. He just won a war in one fell swoop.

I think you're thinking of the term "fighter", and Sin I Am is thinking of some outdated fantasy warrior image.

I'm thinking of a warrior in the context of combatant. But yeah, a military strategist who has no combat skill can conceivably be worthy. With the powers of Thor such a person would be formidable.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by long pig
DBZ is ****ing retarded. Also gay. Gaytarded. **** goku No.

~The Wickerman~
I'm thinking of a warrior in the context of combatant. But yeah, a military strategist who has no combat skill can conceivably be worthy. With the powers of Thor such a person would be formidable.

Don't see how Mjollnir would help out a strategist that doesn't engage in combat. Does it make you...more strategic?

laughing out loud

Black bolt z

Quite frankly, if Goku isn't worthy to wield the hammer, I don't know if anyone is. thumb up.

Perfect.Originally posted by Sin I AM
your missing the point. Thor/ Wonder Woman and Goku and DBZ characters are a totally different breed. Do you even know what a warrior is? look it up first then discuss it with me How would you define a warrior?Originally posted by Sin I AM
ummm no, I think because you see the character a certain way, you find it diffucult to believe that he wouldnt be able to lift the hammer. when i think of warrior in the classical sense, i think of amazon,knight, samurai, spartans, someone who embodies a warrior class society...dont get buthurt that he doesnt meet the criteria

s/n its all useless conjecture anyway because he will never get the oppurtunity to lift it anyway...so any point or opinion is baseless and moot Actually he would fit those qualities perfectly. Spartans, samurais etc....all love fighting. Goku does so as well. So thats yet another point that you claimed that is false.

Black bolt z
Goku is a gawd damn warrior. Born of a warrior race that knew nothing else but fighting, and even when he completely lost his memory after landing on Earth as a baby, his warrior genes remained as strong as any other full blooded saiyan.

He fits the warrior mold more than almost anyone else posted in this thread.

It's in his blood. He loves the thrill of the fight. He's good of heart like Thor and prefers not to kill, but he can and has when pressed. Like Thor. The only difference between them really is that Goku is usually less uptight, he's a goof.

He was enjoying his fight with Frieza, cracking jokes the whole time, all the while during this planet was going to blow up in minutes. And he didn't care about that until the final countdown. thumb upOriginally posted by carver9

It would aid in flight speed but then, he has instant transmission. It would be good for someone like Krillin. facepalm

Another place, another time.Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
You are right he really dosen't need it. I love how when he powers up it changes the weather patterns. Lightning and stuff. Broly had the baddest power up though. Bad ass cool Nah, buu had the best power ups. When he got mad he broke dimensional barriers.

Hyperion Prime

Nah, buu had the best power ups. When he got mad he broke dimensional barriers.

Buu did have some sweet power ups, but something about Brolys were cooler to me.

And we are in agreement that Goku can lift Thor's hammer. smile

Sin I AM

lol, my point is opinion based. And i wont engage in a debate with DBZ lovers as this board seems rife with them. All im saying is that IMO Goku does not fit my definition of a warrior, a fighter yes, but a warrior no. Meh, just chock it up to my outdated views of fantasy lore, and agree to disagree.

psycho gundam
dbz shouldn't even be a topic to bring up here

Sin I AM

i know the homosexuality meter goes to ten whenever japanime is discussed... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Hyperion Prime
Fake ass moderator.
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/rave74/ebfb5f3fe25916f38da5631b8ffe982c1248237783_full.png

Allankles
Don't see how Mjollnir would help out a strategist that doesn't engage in combat. Does it make you...more strategic?

laughing out loud

He's become a walking nuke, with a mind for strategy he'd put that to good use in many instances. My point is, the more cerebral the wielder, the greater the effectiveness.

Not to mention with a super powered body, your combat abilities are as good as your imagination.

Black bolt z
lol, my point is opinion based. And i wont engage in a debate with DBZ lovers as this board seems rife with them. All im saying is that IMO Goku does not fit my definition of a warrior, a fighter yes, but a warrior no. Meh, just chock it up to my outdated views of fantasy lore, and agree to disagree. How would you define a warrior?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by DarkOdin
Bor didn't fail the 2nd time he choose not to claim Mjolnir as he sensed Thor was still alive.

Sure as hell looked like he couldn't lift Mjolnir to me:
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa469/R-O-O/Thor/Mjolnir3.jpg
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa469/R-O-O/Thor/Mjolnir4.jpg

Ize19

s/n its all useless conjecture anyway because he will never get the oppurtunity to lift it anyway...so any point or opinion is baseless and moot

But even in that sense of the word warrior, the Saiyans are a warrior race. I'm not getting butthurt, it's just that EVERY. SINGLE. CRITERIA. that you have given for someone to be "worthy," Goku meets. Every single one. In fact, the more specific you get, the more Goku appears to embody your ideal warrior--which makes it weird that you are so dead set against him being deemed worthy. Just saying.

Hyperion Prime
But even in that sense of the word warrior, the Saiyans are a warrior race. I'm not getting butthurt, it's just that EVERY. SINGLE. CRITERIA. that you have given for someone to be "worthy," Goku meets. Every single one. In fact, the more specific you get, the more Goku appears to embody your ideal warrior--which makes it weird that you are so dead set against him being deemed worthy. Just saying.

Dragonball Z/Anime Hater. You are wasting your time. Why are you wasting your time? We know Goku is worthy and that's all that matters.

Sin I AM

hmm, maybe your right, its been quite some time since i watched dbz, i usually change the channel and watch avatar reruns..its more appealing to me, i will look some episodes up on utube and get back to u

Ize19
Sure thing. Pay special attention to the Saiyan Saga and the Freeza Saga. I look forward to your analysis once you've refreshed your memory.

CosmicComet
i know the homosexuality meter goes to ten whenever japanime is discussed... roll eyes (sarcastic)

That's not fair.

Goku is an 80s-early 90s anime character. When the males were much more normal. Not this androgynous teen garbage that has been in vogue for awhile now.

Goku is as manly as they come without being a caricature. Grown ass man with a wife and 2 kids, the older one whom has gone through college. He's not some 90 lb girly boy with lip gloss and tossled hair and 'troubled feelings', wielding a sword 3 times heavier than he is.

The latter is the kind of garbage that has turned me away from anime in recent years.

Hyperion Prime
That's not fair.

Goku is an 80s-early 90s anime character. When the males were much more normal. Not this androgynous teen garbage that has been in vogue for awhile now.

Goku is as manly as they come without being a caricature. Grown ass man with a wife and 2 kids, the older one whom has gone through college. He's not some 90 lb girly boy with lip gloss and tossled hair, wielding a sword 3 times heavier than he is.

laughing LoL at you for even acknowledging that and giving it power. All anime was mentioned not just DBZ!!! Dog you Gay????

Sin I AM
laughing LoL at you for even acknowledging that and giving it power. All anime was mentioned not just DBZ!!! Dog you Gay????

lol HP i went fishing and i just wanted to see who would bite evil face ...i just thought it would be carver, not CC stick out tongue

CosmicComet
I don't understand the thought process you went through to arrive at that rhetorical question. Dog you dumb????

Hyperion Prime
lol HP i went fishing and i just wanted to see who would bite evil face ...i just thought it would be carver, not CC stick out tongue

You owned him laughing

CosmicComet
Must be some sort of unseen wit that I'm missing here. Oh wells. ermm

Sin I AM
Must be some sort of unseen wit that I'm missing here. Oh wells. ermm

lol dont get ya bonkai in a bunch, we were only just joshing roll eyes (sarcastic) ...your comment is true though, DBZ is the last bastion of staunch male heterosexuality in japanese animation until it was defiled by homoerotic gender confused emo heros....

s/n i like u smokin'

CosmicComet
lol dont get ya bonkai in a bunch, we were only just joshing roll eyes (sarcastic) ...your comment is true though, DBZ is the last bastion of staunch male heterosexuality in japanese animation until it was defiled by homoerotic gender confused emo heros....

s/n i like u smokin'

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lbyq4bHX5S1qak47i.jpg

i don' even know what s/n means though. lol.

Sin I AM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lbyq4bHX5S1qak47i.jpg

i don' even know what s/n means though. lol.

side note boo wink

CosmicComet
Oh. I see.
http://www.bestweekever.tv/bwe/images/2010/01/SIMON-COWELL-HAPPY-GIF.gif

stick out tongue

psycho gundam
i'm calling joey greco on sin

Sin I AM
i'm calling joey greco on sin

joey greco is a douche id stab his ass too, we can just settle our differences on maury...then have passionate trailer sex afterwards lmao...im tired lol and getting delirious

h1a8
How much power would an unworthy being need to lift the hammer without taking away the enchantment?

Galactus level, low abstract level, high abstract level?

DarkOdin
Sure as hell looked like he couldn't lift Mjolnir to me:
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa469/R-O-O/Thor/Mjolnir3.jpg
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa469/R-O-O/Thor/Mjolnir4.jpg Ahh wow i didn't even remember him trying to pull it up. Well perhaps the only reason he could weild it in the first place was Mjolnir was not back by the Odinpower when Thor and Bor first met however at this point Mjolnir had the Odinpower and Thor life essence running through the hammer. 2 different version of Mjolnir i guess

Hyperion Prime
I don't understand the thought process you went through to arrive at that rhetorical question. Dog you dumb????

Dude don't pay me any attention. I don't think you are gay. I was just playing around. big grin

Sin I AM
Dude don't pay me any attention. I don't think you are gay. I was just playing around. big grin

u cut him deep man, real deep smokin'

psycho gundam
Dude don't pay me any attention. I don't think you are gay. I was just playing around. big grin reported

Black bolt z
Originally posted by h1a8
How much power would an unworthy being need to lift the hammer without taking away the enchantment?

Galactus level, low abstract level, high abstract level? Strong enough to beat Odin in a fight.

And so now we are all in agreement Goku can lift it?

Also cap I believe.

Hyperion Prime
reported

You are all kinds douches. All of them dirty and used. Go to hell Mod wanna be ass boy.

Mindset
reported

cdtm
If Odin got the Odin-Force from his brothers, and Thor inherited it from Odin, what the heck did Bor have?

Looked like more then enough power to match the Odin/Thor-Force, but him having that kind of power doesn't really mesh with a young Odin acting like the birth of the Odin-Force was an unheard of power level back in Simonsons run...

Mindset
Bor Force.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by cdtm
If Odin got the Odin-Force from his brothers, and Thor inherited it from Odin, what the heck did Bor have?

Looked like more then enough power to match the Odin/Thor-Force, but him having that kind of power doesn't really mesh with a young Odin acting like the birth of the Odin-Force was an unheard of power level back in Simonsons run...

Tiwaz Bors father
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/tiwazthor.htm

cdtm
Originally posted by Mindset
Bor Force.

I guess so.

It just seemed to come out of left field, given the unique origin of the Odin Force.

Especially considering unlike the Odin Force, the Bor Force wasn't passed down to Odin or Thor upon Bor's death.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Odin is obviously beyond Bor. If you take Thor #600 at face value, Bor is noticeably above herald level but after Prime, I wouldn't be surprised if Bor was a Destroyer/Mangog type foe. One a regular Thor could match if going all out and so on. I always had that opinion but it's nice to have some cannon info to back it up. It's most likely because the Odin Force under JMS was so watered down, it might have not even existed. I don't think he intended Thor to have it, and reintroducing it probably put him in a weird position I'd wager.

Mindset
Shut up, rage. mmm

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>