Kratos vs Thor...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
No exotic power usage; just straight hand to hand/weapon to weapon combat...

Kratos is bloodlusted (well Kratos is ALWAYS bloodlusted, but that is besides the point) and Thor is not...

Fight to the Death; who wins?

Harbinger
Kratos get Mjolnir to the face.

TheLordofMurder
Well you know Kratos did overwhelm Zeus in hand to hand/weapon to weapon combat...

And you still think Thor takes him?

Newjak
Thor wins 10/10

Parmaniac
1. Kratos isn't a comic book character

2. The Kratos from the Comics never did anything that's even semi impressive AFAIK.

3. Zeus in GoW is vastly inferior to (for example) Marvels Zeus

4. Even by using Game Kratos, Thor easily exceeds everything he did.

5. Kratos is still badass though.

YoungGunna
Originally posted by Harbinger
Kratos get Mjolnir to the face.

TheLordofMurder
Kratos also, and quite litterally, beat Hercules' face into hamburger meat...

Happy Dance

TheLordofMurder
Well Kratos did solo-kill Cronus; thats pretty impressive...

Parmaniac
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Kratos also, and quite litterally, beat Hercules' face into hamburger meat...

Happy Dance Who is also inferior to Marvels Herc. He was like what? A 50 Tonner tops?

TheLordofMurder
I jest; just stirring up the beehive...

smile

Parmaniac
Well Kratos did solo-kill Cronus; thats pretty impressive... In a scenario like match and by using plot devices (big Crystal shards), he didn't one shotted him by punching his head or anything.

Parmaniac
I jest; just stirring up the beehive...

smile I thought/hoped so still better put things right before people go batshit crazy.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Who is also inferior to Marvels Herc. He was like what? A 50 Tonner tops?

No.

He was equal to Kratos in strength.

Who himself is class 100.

Demonic Phoenix
Who is also inferior to Marvels Herc. He was like what? A 50 Tonner tops?

Because 50 tonners can lift the World?

That said, I'm fairly certain Thor doesn't even need Mjolnir to stomp Kratos.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Because 50 tonners can lift the World? When has GoW Herc lifted the world?

Prep-Man
No exotic power usage; just straight hand to hand/weapon to weapon combat...

Kratos is bloodlusted (well Kratos is ALWAYS bloodlusted, but that is besides the point) and Thor is not...

Fight to the Death; who wins?

Is this wildstorm Kratos?

KingD19
Wasn't that one of Herc's trials? He had to hold the world up for Atlas for a while or something like that. And iirc he took on some Titans as well.

Colossus-Big C
god of war is very inconsistant, altlas lifted the world (which is stronger than any thors lifting feats) and kratos physically resisted him, which puts him much above thor

but then again kratos has to use effort to lift a chest

CosmicComet
When has GoW Herc lifted the world?

He mentioned it as one of his labors. And in the novel it states that he held the world off of Atlas' shoulders for a time.

Batman-Prime
Thor stomps.

Sin I AM

2. The Kratos from the Comics never did anything that's even semi impressive AFAIK.

1. Kratos does have his own book now.

2. That more a matter of opinion than fact.

3. Zeus up until the events of GOW has EXACTLY the same backstory and powerset as Marvel Zeus.

4. That remains to be seen, until Kratos is resrrected and decides to take on the Norse pantheon.

5. I concur

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Sin I AM
3. Zeus up until the events of GOW has EXACTLY the same backstory and powerset as Marvel Zeus.

4. That remains to be seen, until Kratos is resrrected and decides to take on the Norse pantheon.
You make the mistake and think only because the backstory is the same their feats are aswell, which isn't the case. Going by your logic I could claim that someone who defeats MArvel Ares also defeats DC Ares.

Sin I AM
You make the mistake and think only because the backstory is the same their feats are aswell, which isn't the case. Going by your logic I could claim that someone who defeats MArvel Ares also defeats DC Ares.

i see where your going with this but your splitting hairs, did not Ares give up a portion of his godly essence to be normal...and thats y he's so weak

Allankles
The gods in the GOW universe aren't like the gods in comics. They are way more vulnerable in the GOW universe. For example, EMO Supes could punch a hole right through GOW Cronus, or Hades or Poseidon.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Allankles
The gods in the GOW universe aren't like the gods in comics. They are way more vulnerable in the GOW universe. For example, EMO Supes could punch a hole right through GOW Cronus, or Hades or Poseidon.

so they cant be killed, by "godly" weapons?

Allankles
All of those gow gods are bricks with high meta durability. If they were like comic gods would a brick like Kratos - who is high meta at best with regards to durability - be a problem to them? Do you see a guy like Kratos toppling any of the comic pantheons?

Sin I AM
All of those gow gods are bricks with high meta durability. If they were like comic gods would a brick like Kratos - who is high meta at best with regards to durability - be a problem to them? Do you see a guy like Kratos toppling any of the comic pantheons?

lol have u ever read a comic before?....u make it seem as if the average man cant hold the universe in his hands

Can Doom a (low-herald) not destroy the universe which is inhabited by Abstracts?

Allankles
lol have u ever read a comic before?....u make it seem as if the average man cant hold the universe in his hands

Can Doom a (low-herald) not destroy the universe which is inhabited by Abstracts?

Last I checked Kratos isn't very bright, nor does he have the tools to topple a pantheon in the comics. A few magic enchantments and two magic swords wouldn't cut it, is what I'm saying. (I don't know why you're taking it beyond the context of GoW).

With the exception of Zeus (even Hades and Poseidon were bricks without their tools) most of the big guys in that pantheon were just bricks (the titans, the gods and demi gods).

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor. And hard.

Colossus-Big C
The gods in the GOW universe aren't like the gods in comics. They are way more vulnerable in the GOW universe. For example, EMO Supes could punch a hole right through GOW Cronus, or Hades or Poseidon. no he cant. Gow gods are invunerable to everything non godly/magical and can only be killed by zeus....

Colossus-Big C
also kratos isnt high meta, can a high meta resist a being who can lift the planet? hell no

Allankles
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
no he cant. Gow gods are invunerable to everything non godly/magical and can only be killed by zeus....

I guess you missed GOW 3. Poseiden's face got beaten to mush by Kratos fists. Gaea was hurt by giant crab claws. Kratos could physically rip apart divine and semi-divine beings with his bare hands. Don't know what gave you the impression that pure force couldn't harm them.

Silent Master
no he cant. Gow gods are invunerable to everything non godly/magical and can only be killed by zeus....

So Superman wouldn't be able to kill them even if his power was multiplied by 7,000,000?

TheLordofMurder
1. Kratos does have his own book now.

2. That more a matter of opinion than fact.

5. I concur

thumb up

Colossus-Big C
I guess you missed GOW 3. Poseiden's face got beaten to mush by Kratos fists. Gaea was hurt by giant crab claws. Kratos could physically rip apart divine and semi-divine beings with his bare hands. Don't know what gave you the impression that pure force couldn't harm them. and all those people are gods....

TheLordofMurder
Kratos is a demi-god himself; he is Zeus's son...

So him beating other Gods to death with his bare hands is fair game...

smile

Sin I AM
Last I checked Kratos isn't very bright, nor does he have the tools to topple a pantheon in the comics. A few magic enchantments and two magic swords wouldn't cut it, is what I'm saying. (I don't know why you're taking it beyond the context of GoW).

With the exception of Zeus (even Hades and Poseidon were bricks without their tools) most of the big guys in that pantheon were just bricks (the titans, the gods and demi gods).

have you read anything about the Mavel Greek pantheon? With the exception of Zeus (who is portrayed as a glorified brick IH# 122), what are they class 60 at best? limited energy projection, limited if not non existant energy manipulation with the exception of Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades...i mean do you honestly believe kratos would not have an issue destroying the entire marvel pantheon save Zeus?

Colossus-Big C
have you read anything about the Mavel Greek pantheon? With the exception of Zeus (who is portrayed as a glorified brick IH# 122), what are they class 60 at best? limited energy projection, limited if not non existant energy manipulation with the exception of Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades...i mean do you honestly believe kratos would not have an issue destroying the entire marvel pantheon save Zeus? Apollo controls vast solar energy enough to destroy the planet and burn hulk
Hermes of marvel runs slightly under light speed, no way is GOW hermes is even remotely close to him.

Allankles
also kratos isnt high meta, can a high meta resist a being who can lift the planet? hell no

I'm not talking about his strength which is fairly impressive (I don't know where to rate his strength) but his durability is very clearly nowhere near the level of a top tier like Thor.

Stuff like giant stone pillars have killed him. He also can't afford the luxury of taking punishment from things like Cronus' palms or Poseidon's constructs, all of them forces that a character with the durability of a Thor could tank.

TheLordofMurder
And dont forget; Kratos has the Sword of Olympus...

Combined with his INCREDIBLE brutality, I think he rips Thors legs off...so do mizes him with them.

Rips off him arms...cracks his skull open and bashes his brain in.

Then takes a nasty dump down his throat...

Black bolt z
And dont forget; Kratos has the Sword of Olympus...

Combined with his INCREDIBLE brutality, I think he rips Thors legs off...so do mizes him with them.

Rips off him arms...cracks his skull open and bashes his brain in.

The takes a nasty dump down his throat... Or thor just throws mjolnir and crushes every bone in kratos's body.

TheLordofMurder
Kratos tanks attacks from Zeus; he can tank attacks from Thor...

Black bolt z
Kratos tanks attacks from Zeus; he can tank attacks from Thor... Thor>GOW zues.

TheLordofMurder
Dont forget, Kratos went on a rampage and stomped the entire greek pantheon (plus the greatest of the Titans); you really Thor could duplicate that feat??

Allankles
have you read anything about the Mavel Greek pantheon? With the exception of Zeus (who is portrayed as a glorified brick IH# 122), what are they class 60 at best? limited energy projection, limited if not non existant energy manipulation with the exception of Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades...i mean do you honestly believe kratos would not have an issue destroying the entire marvel pantheon save Zeus?

I don't think he'd stand up to Hercules let alone guys like Zues, Hades et al.

Sin I AM
Dont forget, Kratos went on a rampage and stomped the entire greek pantheon (plus the greatest of the Titans); you really Thor could duplicate that feat??

he could you have to remember that gow was plot device driven

TheLordofMurder
Kratos's hand 2 hand fighting skills are second to none; he crushes Hercules in hand 2 hand/weapon to weapon combat...

Evidently you havent seen Kratos's combo's; he'd eat Thor or Hercules alive...

TheLordofMurder
he could you have to remember that gow was plot device driven

Heresy!!!

Burn the heretic!!!!

Sin I AM
Heresy!!!

Burn the heretic!!!!

lol i love GOW as much as the next girl, i was playing it this mornin after i made breakfast...but u gotta understand Kratos would not be able to defeat thor sans gear, just aint happening

EvilTyrant
Kratos is strong as well, remember in God of War II that giant statue created by Zeus tried to step on him, but Kratos tossed it about a mile away. Chronos also tried to crush Kratos in between his fingers but Kratos was able to push them apart.

Harbinger
Originally posted by EvilTyrant
Kratos is strong as well, remember in God of War II that giant statue created by Zeus tried to step on him, but Kratos tossed it about a mile away. Chronos also tried to crush Kratos in between his fingers but Kratos was able to push them apart. When Kratos tossed the Colossus, he was still imbued with the godly power that was given to him after he killed Ares. He didn't give it up until he poured that power into the Blade of Olympus in order to slash open the Colossus.

cdtm

In Krato's defense, he did managed to keep a titan from crushing him.

That puts him at what, class 100 easily? More?

Not saying Thor couldn't probably do that too though...

h1a8
I say this fight is more even than a lot of people are making it out to be.
If Thor wins then it is not by much.
Kratos is about as equally strong or strong enough where strength doesn't matter here. Kratos is far more skilled than Thor. Thor is probably more durable though. But know that Kratos has shown to be inconsistent as in the Lou Ferrigno Hercules movie.

Lord_Talron
kratos more skilled than thor? complete bullshit.

Allankles
The reality is that when Thor hits this guy, he's dead.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
kratos more skilled than thor? complete bullshit.

Not BS at all; Thor fights like a complete idiot at an alarming rate...

Thor alledgedly has centuries of combat experience yet characters like The Hulk are able to consistently land blows on him...

Admittedly, human and meta human characters being able to fight Thor competitively H2H is pure PIS (or rather it should be), but since it happens so frequently you cant really call it PIS at the end of the day...

Kratos, on the other hand, owns virtually everyone he faces in gruesomely (particularly his fellow godlings)...there is no doubt that Kratos is completely owning those he defeats H2H.

You cant say the same for Thor...

Harbinger
You're talking about guys who have next to no feats, H2H or otherwise. Meanwhile, Thor getting tagged by guys like Hulk isn't exactly a low showing given what Hulk's done.

How is Kratos owning random gods impressive when we've got next to no baseline on which to judge them?

Lord_Talron
i knew someone would say what i was too lazy to :P

Allankles
The fact that Thor actually fights guys who are impressive shouldn't be a knock on him. Look at Poseidon, Thor would have destroyed him in a quarter of the time it took Kratos to do it.

Check out Cronus. Thor would have destroyed him with ease, as opposed to Kratos who needed plot device to put him down and it took him ages to finish him.

Most of the Minotaurs, Centaurs and the rest that it takes Kratos several hits to kill would be taken out with a single swing of Mjlonir. Just because they have similar titles doesn't mean these guys are on the same level.

Allankles
You're talking about guys who have next to no feats, H2H or otherwise. Meanwhile, Thor getting tagged by guys like Hulk isn't exactly a low showing given what Hulk's done.

How is Kratos owning random gods impressive when we've got next to no baseline on which to judge them?

This. Plus the fact that Kratos' mobility, power and durability aren't anywhere close to Thor's.

the Darkone
Thor is stronger, faster, more skilled,more durable and a lot more powerful, hell Thor would have beaten that Zeus into dog food. Thor will punch Kratos a$$ into space as quick as a hiccup.

cdtm
When Kratos tossed the Colossus, he was still imbued with the godly power that was given to him after he killed Ares. He didn't give it up until he poured that power into the Blade of Olympus in order to slash open the Colossus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeVnnJpKVmg

This proves he's still strong, even without the godly power.

long pig
If only Kratos was just fighting mjolnir........

TheGoldenSpy
Kratos loses this one. Thor has 40+ years of of material to work with. I recall him throwing a snake that could wrap itself around earth across the solar system. Comics have to come up with all kinds of over the top stuff to keep fans engaged that most video game character can't compete with that.

That said, I believe if stats were equalized, Kratos would win as I believe him and most action game heroes in general (Dante, Bayonetta, Ryu) display incredible fighting skill compared to comic book characters.

long pig
Dude, don't pull that midgard serpent feat. That's such a BS thing to use. What next, the atlas feat? No sir.

TheGoldenSpy
Why not?

Parmaniac
Originally posted by cdtm

Not saying Thor couldn't probably do that too though... I know I see Kratos asa class 100 but what is Thor class 10000 and up? Katos also lifted/pushed away Gaias hand after it was cut of which is pretty much 100 tons aswell.

Parmaniac
The fact that Thor actually fights guys who are impressive shouldn't be a knock on him. Look at Poseidon, Thor would have destroyed him in a quarter of the time it took Kratos to do it.

Check out Cronus. Thor would have destroyed him with ease, as opposed to Kratos who needed plot device to put him down and it took him ages to finish him.

Most of the Minotaurs, Centaurs and the rest that it takes Kratos several hits to kill would be taken out with a single swing of Mjlonir. Just because they have similar titles doesn't mean these guys are on the same level. thumb up

long pig
Originally posted by TheGoldenSpy
Why not? Because it's just not gonna fly. Same as when Herc picked up the entire earth. I don't think they were ever meant to be taken seriously. Plus, it's an un quantifiable feat. How much does the earth weigh?

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by cdtm

Not saying Thor couldn't probably do that too though...

Kratos is very easily Class 100. He was nearly equal in strength with Hercules, who lifted the World in GoW as well. That said, Thor is far superior in strength, durability, and speed as well. Most likely even superior in HTH & Reaction speed.

When has GoW Herc lifted the world?

When he was tasked with retrieving the Golden Apple.

SasuOna
The earth weighs many quintillion tons plus you have to account for the population as well................definitely unquantifiable

Harbinger
Since Herc never lifted the world on screen during GOW, shouldn't we treat that the same as an off-panel feat for comics?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.