Manchester Black vs Gladiator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
black is s beast and made clark's life hell for a while. can glad's do any better? fight in an abandoned new york city.

Lord_Talron
id honestly say gladiator here, but black is good.

Philosophía
Manchester Black.

Bentley
Psychic attacks pwn Glads. Manchester 10/10.

Prep-Man
Manchester.

Omega Vision
MB.

carver9
Gladiator. Psychic attacks does nothing to him. Manchester lose 10/10

Lord_Talron
Originally posted by carver9
Gladiator. Psychic attacks does nothing to him. Manchester lose 10/10 well know i know that black cant lose. 'chester wins

Bentley

WTF no expression

Sin I AM

he has tp resistance? is this a new power or something, imo this is exactly the type of person he would lose to, since his poweset is emotionally based

carver9
Yes, lately he has shown TP resistance.

Harbinger
Only TP resistance feat I can think of off the top of my head was during WoK. Any others?

Bentley
Yes, lately he has shown TP resistance.

TP resistance in which level? Wolverine has tp resistance and great feats against TP, that doesn't mean he autowins against any telepath...

Lord Feron
Yeah not sure how manchester would work against glads since only Cass nova was able to mind **** him and She is a league above manchester.

Bentley
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Yeah not sure how manchester would work against glads since only Cass nova was able to mind **** him and She is a league above manchester.

He also got hurt by Cancerverse Professor X.

carver9
And brushed off Rachel who is >Manchester.

ares834
Manchester 10/10.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Bentley

oh yeah i didn't catch that. BUt if we assume the cancerverse version and mainstream are the same I think Prof X > Manchester.

Allankles
Manchester can use his TK on the brain too. So it's not just about pure TP with him.

BattleMage
Glads 9/10

Sin I AM
And brushed off Rachel who is >Manchester.

based on what, she is certainly less skilled, more power ala pf but certainly less skilled

Prep-Man
Originally posted by BattleMage
Glads 9/10

laughing

leonidas
Originally posted by Sin I AM
based on what, she is certainly less skilled, more power ala pf but certainly less skilled

pretty much what i ws thinking. and his commend of tk is being ignored. he amped himself to go h2h with supes as well. he also used his tk to directly attack clark's brain. i'm siding with black here....

Black wins throguh the TK/TP fine control/raw power combo . He should be brought back, for a charatcer created solely so authority could be critcized for its deconstruction and reinvention of the superheroe genre through SM's optic, he did pretty well.

~The Wickerman~
Dude is a total beast. Completely worthless vs. superspeed though.

with CIS on, Black should take the great majority. With CIS off, Glads wipes the floor with him at superspeed.

Bentley

I'd like to point out it was a Phoenixless Rachel.

carver9
Gladiator stomps.

Originally posted by ~The Wickerman~
Dude is a total beast. Completely worthless vs. superspeed though.

with CIS on, Black should take the great majority. With CIS off, Glads wipes the floor with him at superspeed. elite and MB could have handled superman better in that oneshot though, they underestimated him

cdtm
Originally posted by BattleMage
Glads 9/10

10/10.

Light speed for the win.

Even without it, I'd be he can heat vision his head off before Black can debilitate him.

cdtm
Originally posted by 753
elite and MB could have handled superman better in that oneshot though, they underestimated him

Supes wasn't exactly smart either, letting them get in the first attacks.

The fact is, they hit him with everything they had, and it wasn't enough to finish him off. Glads should at least have the same chance at surviving an initial assault (Which Black won't get, because of the ridiculous speed difference.)

~The Wickerman~
Originally posted by cdtm

The fact is, they hit him with everything they had, and it wasn't enough to finish him off. Glads should at least have the same chance at surviving an initial assault (Which Black won't get, because of the ridiculous speed difference.)

Just beating them like that would have solved nothing. He wanted the world to see Elite for what they were, cold blooded murderers, make them think he's dead.

And THEN beat them silly.

leonidas
ugh. too many comparisons with superman. a) glads blitz speed<<superman's. b) glads demonstrated willpower<<<<<superman's. in all, glads<<<<superman, so i don't see any justification for the comparison. tk could EASILY affect glads before he blitzed. not like black wouldn't know he was fast. black literally got inside superman's head and f'd him up could--both with tp AND on a different occasion, tk. i don't see anyway glads wins this via blitz, even if he COULD blitz as quickly as superman.

Sin I AM
glads moves faster than the speed of light?

~The Wickerman~
glads moves faster than the speed of light?

He doesn't have to.

The fact is, they hit him with everything they had, and it wasn't enough to finish him off. Glads should at least have the same chance at surviving an initial assault (Which Black won't get, because of the ridiculous speed difference.) SM planned ahead and fought pretty smart. the thing is they could have finished him off. they were playing with him at the beggining. if MB had maintained the TK attacks to his bloodvessels while the rest doggypiled and coldcast delivered the blast that would have been it. SM evaded that blast and the first time he was hit with a high frequency neutrino wash, when they meet in tokyo, SM was incapacitated and coldcast had to stop the attack and IIRC reverse it so as not to kill SM with it

Sin I AM
He doesn't have to.

he has to move faster than the speed of thought...so yea he does

~The Wickerman~
Originally posted by 753
SM planned ahead and fought pretty smart. the thing is they could have finished him off. they were playing with him at the beggining. if MB had maintained the TK attacks to his bloodvessels while the rest doggypiled and coldcast delivered the blast that would have been it. SM evaded that blast and the first time he was hit with a high frequency neutrino wash, when they meet in tokyo, SM was incapacitated and coldcast had to stop the attack and IIRC reverse it so as not to kill SM with it

Well in Tokyo he was weakened but there is nothing to suggest he would've died. And on Jupiter's moon he actually did take the full brunt of that blast.

http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/7441878_fullblast.jpg

You can see him in Coldcast's grip as it blows. You can also tell a few pages later where his face is all messed up from the blast as opposed to here.

And I think it's pretty clear by how he took them all out without even trying that he was the one playing with them. smile

Concerning the topic, Manchester's TK is amazing in some respects. But he needs to have a "lock" on the person he's trying to fry. For instance he gave Menagerie a stroke from across the ocean by pinching the exact capillary he needed to, but he was unable to pinpoint and do the same to Supes on Jupiter's moon, intending instead to AoE the entire surface (gravity-howitzer smile ).

carver9
Originally posted by leonidas
ugh. too many comparisons with superman. a) glads blitz speed<<superman's. b) glads demonstrated willpower<<<<<superman's. in all, glads<<<<superman, so i don't see any justification for the comparison. tk could EASILY affect glads before he blitzed. not like black wouldn't know he was fast. black literally got inside superman's head and f'd him up could--both with tp AND on a different occasion, tk. i don't see anyway glads wins this via blitz, even if he COULD blitz as quickly as superman.

This is all jacked up and is basically just your opinion.

As for the light speed comment... on 2 occassions, Glads has blitzed something/someone at light speed and in battle, he tends to blitz 90% of the time. Its in character for him. He has also demonstrated nanosecond punching.

Manchester loses this hard with a heat vision to the skull.

~The Wickerman~

http://hypertextbook.com/facts/2002/DavidParizh.shtml

approx. 380 miles per hour.

Speed of light = approximately 186,282 per SECOND.

Quite a big difference. Even Quicksilver could punk him in that time.

http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/7441897_toofast.jpg

Sin I AM
http://hypertextbook.com/facts/2002/DavidParizh.shtml

approx. 380 miles per hour.

Speed of light = approximately 186,282 per SECOND.

Quite a big difference. Even Quicksilver could punk him in that time.

http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/7441897_toofast.jpg

real word phyisics .... in comic debates

Sin I AM
btw he didnt blitz black so what was the point of the pic

~The Wickerman~
real word phyisics .... in comic debates

laughing out loud

You asked if he can move at ftl speeds, I said he doesn't have to. Then you said:

So I enlightened you as to the fact that the speed of light is actually about 1.75 million times faster than the speed of thought. Is any of this getting through to you? smile

Was there a memo saying in comic books speed of thought >>> speed of light? Nice backtracking attempt though, can't blame you for trying smile

btw he didnt blitz black so what was the point of the pic

Not the sharpest tool in the shed are you? The point of the pic was that he was so fast Manchester didn't:

1. register his presence
2. have the time to finish his next word
3. get a chance to form any sort of attack.

Omega Vision
Not for nothing...but there are some comics writers who seem to earnestly believe that the speed of thought>>speed of light.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Not for nothing...but there are some comics writers who seem to earnestly believe that the speed of thought>>speed of light.

this is what i was getting at, i was curious if there was a ratio in comics that stated which was greatr

Sin I AM
oh @ lol at the backtracking comment though i see what your trying to do there.......

~The Wickerman~
this is what i was getting at, i was curious if there was a ratio in comics that stated which was greatr

Red Son makes it clear when Superman owns all the green lanterns and says "A thought-based weapon against someone who moves at ten times the speed of thought?". Not canon but a mighty fine read on how a superman vs GL fight should go smile

Sin I AM
Red Son makes it clear when Superman owns all the green lanterns and says "A thought-based weapon against someone who moves at ten times the speed of thought?". Not canon but a mighty fine read on how a superman vs GL fight should go smile

good thing its not canon and black isnt a gl smokin' , but u make a profound argument

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Not for nothing...but there are some comics writers who seem to earnestly believe that the speed of thought>>speed of light. lilandra and chuckie used to have demolition man style sex eventhough they were galaxies appart

Omega Vision
Originally posted by psycho gundam
lilandra and chuckie used to have demolition man style sex eventhough they were galaxies appart
I read a science fiction book where ships communicated with each other across interstellar distances by having identical twins on each ship communicate telepathically.

Red Son makes it clear when Superman owns all the green lanterns and says "A thought-based weapon against someone who moves at ten times the speed of thought?". Not canon but a mighty fine read on how a superman vs GL fight should go smile red son was a superb arc in general. however, sm moved faster than those green lanterns, but a lot of marvel telepaths can think at superspeed, even if they cant move their bodies at superspeed. quentin quire being the most dramatic example, but chuck and emma have also displayed this numerous times. not sure what if Black could be said to pack something like that, however.

Well in Tokyo he was weakened but there is nothing to suggest he would've died. And on Jupiter's moon he actually did take the full brunt of that blast.

http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/7441878_fullblast.jpg

You can see him in Coldcast's grip as it blows. You can also tell a few pages later where his face is all messed up from the blast as opposed to here.

And I think it's pretty clear by how he took them all out without even trying that he was the one playing with them. smile

Concerning the topic, Manchester's TK is amazing in some respects. But he needs to have a "lock" on the person he's trying to fry. For instance he gave Menagerie a stroke from across the ocean by pinching the exact capillary he needed to, but he was unable to pinpoint and do the same to Supes on Jupiter's moon, intending instead to AoE the entire surface (gravity-howitzer smile ). weakened from what? coldcast said he was going to die and I think SM himself says his electrons were flying off or maybe that was coldcast too.

I believe he just escaped the blast with superspeed at the very last moment, the wounds had already piled up. MB was also stupid to have dropped the TK field arround them and hat was a moron, he could have soloed from what was implied.

Allankles
pretty much what i ws thinking. and his commend of tk is being ignored. he amped himself to go h2h with supes as well. he also used his tk to directly attack clark's brain. i'm siding with black here....

That's the thing. His TK would factor in. IIRC he could have busted Supes blood vessels pretty quickly but for how tough they were, he said his blood vessels were like concrete.

Sin I AM
i loved the dialogue of that book

Allankles
Originally posted by 753
weakened from what? coldcast said he was going to die and I think SM himself says his electrons were flying off or maybe that was coldcast too.

I believe he just escaped the blast with superspeed at the very last moment, the wounds had already piled up. MB was also stupid to have dropped the TK field arround them and hat was a moron, he could have soloed from what was implied.

They didn't underestimate Supes so much as Supes outsmarted them. If Supes didn't have a sound plan he'd have gone down.

Also I wouldn't say Hat was a moron, he just didn't figure that there was a way Supes could take him out.

Allankles
i loved the dialogue of that book

The dialogue was great. It's in my top 5 SM issues. Also MB has to be one of the best Superman villains ever.

yeah ironically, black turned out pretty good. I specially enjoyed the truth, justice and the good old right wing industrial-military complex way quip

Prep-Man
He should come back. He's still dead, right?

Lord_Talron
absolutely need to brink that british prick back

cdtm

Agreed on that.

At least unless they remember GL's have auto defenses. stick out tongue

But yeah, didn't Glads end up fighting Thor on even terms when time was massively slowed down (To the point where everything seemed frozen?). Thor had to use a special belt to counter the effects, but Gladiator was going on sheer speed.

leonidas
tp in comics (as pg demonstrated) is OFTEN ftl in comics..... and it wouldn't have to be in this case. and of COURSE carver, everyone knows you think glads>>superman and everyone knows how you think this would go. that is YOUR opinion. i was looking for unbiased opinions. i still think black waxes him.

~The Wickerman~
Originally posted by 753
weakened from what? coldcast said he was going to die and I think SM himself says his electrons were flying off or maybe that was coldcast too.

Weakened by Coldcast's AoE attack (which he probably couldn't do more than once as he has mentioned other times that he has trouble after big expenditures like that, so if Supes hadn't rushed in like a jackass, all would've been cool smile ).

It was actually Black who apologized for Coldcast's High-frequency neutrino wash "stopping Superman's electrons from flowing". Nowhere is it implied he would've died.

http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/7443027_coldcast.jpg

No, he didn't escape the blast dude, he's right there in the middle of it in the pic I posted, clear as day, and he's really banged up in the next pages where he shows up so it's pretty clear he ate the full thing.

Coldcast's big boom wasn't the "proper" big boom to take Supes out, but -now- he would know what is the proper big boom (supes himself taught him meanwhile).

http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/7443119_coldcast2.jpg

Aaaanyway, back to the topic at hand, this is about just Black vs. Glads, not the entire Elite. Someone mentioned earlier that Black used TK to go hand to hand with Superman.

I'd just like it known that Manchester Black has never once fought Superman hand to hand. The only such showing was Superman's imagination. Not an actual fight. And Black still got owned even in that smile

leonidas
yep. you're right. i was wrong on that point. thumb up

right on everything else. (and in my defense i hedged by saying he was able to get into supes's head...) big grin

Weakened by Coldcast's AoE attack (which he probably couldn't do more than once as he has mentioned other times that he has trouble after big expenditures like that, so if Supes hadn't rushed in like a jackass, all would've been cool smile ).

It was actually Black who apologized for Coldcast's High-frequency neutrino wash "stopping Superman's electrons from flowing". Nowhere is it implied he would've died.

No, he didn't escape the blast dude, he's right there in the middle of it in the pic I posted, clear as day, and he's really banged up in the next pages where he shows up so it's pretty clear he ate the full thing.

Coldcast's big boom wasn't the "proper" big boom to take Supes out, but -now- he would know what is the proper big boom (supes himself taught him meanwhile).

http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/7443119_coldcast2.jpg

Aaaanyway, back to the topic at hand, this is about just Black vs. Glads, not the entire Elite. Someone mentioned earlier that Black used TK to go hand to hand with Superman.

I'd just like it known that Manchester Black has never once fought Superman hand to hand. The only such showing was Superman's imagination. Not an actual fight. And Black still got owned even in that smile

? that was the blast I was refering to. the one that incapactiated him. nowhere is it implied? really? it's clear as day if you ask me.

SM already knew what the attack was about on the second time he faced it. he was in the middle of it when coldcast initiates the blast, but he was gone once the blast was done. when do you suppose he took off? after tanking the blast that had previously incaopctiated him or right when it was initated, since he knew what it was, movign so fast coldcast didnt realize he had fled, which would be easy for his superspeed.

Why would MB go h2h with him? he still TK crippled him with the aneurisma. MB atempted to make superman break his own code to destroy his character, he never tried shutting down his mind and MB offed himself at the end of that bullshit

Lord_Talron
the high frequency neutrino wash and that finisher coldcast put on him are two totally different things. one keeps him from moving and the other damages...

Originally posted by Lord_Talron
the high frequency neutrino wash and that finisher coldcast put on him are two totally different things. one keeps him from moving and the other damages... I believe he was incapacitated by damage through the manipulation of hsi electrons in the first one, but that's actually worse as they could have coldcast parallyze and hat along with MB finish him off then.

~The Wickerman~
tp in comics (as pg demonstrated) is OFTEN ftl in comics..... and it wouldn't have to be in this case. and of COURSE carver, everyone knows you think glads>>superman and everyone knows how you think this would go. that is YOUR opinion. i was looking for unbiased opinions. i still think black waxes him.

Depends on who the TP is, and who the speedster is.

Case in point:

http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/7447140_quickexodus1.jpg http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/7447141_quickexodus2.jpg http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/7447142_quickexodus3.jpg http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/7447139_quickexodus4.jpg

This is an interesting debate for me, speedster vs. telepathy/telekinesis. I might start a topic specifically on this issue, gathering scans showing who would win. Personally I think it depends on the tp/tk-er. If it's someone like MM who is used to thinking at huge speeds (so as to avoid smashing into buildings and such when he's moving at superspeed), he should be able to always get the first attack off. If it's someone like Exodus/Xavier/Manchester Black who are effectively human, the speedster should win IMO.

leonidas
Depends on who the TP is, and who the speedster is.

Case in point:

http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/7447140_quickexodus1.jpg http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/7447141_quickexodus2.jpg http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/7447142_quickexodus3.jpg http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/7447139_quickexodus4.jpg

This is an interesting debate for me, speedster vs. telepathy/telekinesis. I might start a topic specifically on this issue, gathering scans showing who would win. Personally I think it depends on the tp/tk-er. If it's someone like MM who is used to thinking at huge speeds (so as to avoid smashing into buildings and such when he's moving at superspeed), he should be able to always get the first attack off. If it's someone like Exodus/Xavier/Manchester Black who are effectively human, the speedster should win IMO.

you're right on about it being an interesting debate. it's come up (and i've actually debated it) a few times. i want to say there WAS a thread about tp vs superspeed, but i could be wrong. it may just have come up so many times in the past i THOUGHT it was a thread.

you're right too about it being inconsistent. it seems a plot device, tbh. in that sense it may NEVER be settled. another example (though slightly different) would be mags affecting that bullet from light years away. clearly the speed of his power far exceeds light. if you open the thread you'll find dozens of examples to support both sides methinks. be fun though. smile

you're right on about it being an interesting debate. it's come up (and i've actually debated it) a few times. i want to say there WAS a thread about tp vs superspeed, but i could be wrong. it may just have come up so many times in the past i THOUGHT it was a thread.

you're right too about it being inconsistent. it seems a plot device, tbh. in that sense it may NEVER be settled. another example (though slightly different) would be mags affecting that bullet from light years away. clearly the speed of his power far exceeds light. if you open the thread you'll find dozens of examples to support both sides methinks. be fun though. smile yes, magnetic and gravitational information apparently travel with infinite speed in marvel. like wise, chuck cans project his astral form acros the universe instantyl. however, the problem lies in the initial activation time for these powers, rather than on their speed of functioning

leonidas
Originally posted by 753
yes, magnetic and gravitational information apparently travel with infinite speed in marvel. like wise, chuck cans project his astral form acros the universe instantyl. however, the problem lies in the initial activation time for these powers, rather than on their speed of functioning

fair enough. it goes both ways though. glads has to THINK "BLITZ". imo black would have time to react. perhaps he could not attack glads offensively, but i think he would likely create an illusion immediately, and THEN go on the offensive with his tp or tk. i see no reason why he couldn't simply cause a massive hemmorage in glad's brain--similar to what he did to kal but on a much larger scale. or perhaps trap him (like he did supes) in an illusionary world filled with radiation that weakens him perhaps (he could get that from glad's mind) or just whittle away at his confidence and finish him in a number of ways. he MAY not be cassandra nova, but he is certainly extremely powerful. based on his speed, i'd say glads might win a couple, but without a blitz, the more i think about this, the more i think he's completely f'd in this match.

yes, but the thing is that people assume blitzers have superspeed turned on by default, that they pereeceive everything in slow motion and so can outreact everybody else that doesnt have superspeed of their own.

it doesnt matter. MB wins as gladiator will not blitz him instantly with CIS on

~The Wickerman~
fair enough. it goes both ways though. glads has to THINK "BLITZ". imo black would have time to react. perhaps he could not attack glads offensively, but i think he would likely create an illusion immediately, and THEN go on the offensive with his tp or tk. i see no reason why he couldn't simply cause a massive hemmorage in glad's brain--similar to what he did to kal but on a much larger scale. or perhaps trap him (like he did supes) in an illusionary world filled with radiation that weakens him perhaps (he could get that from glad's mind) or just whittle away at his confidence and finish him in a number of ways. he MAY not be cassandra nova, but he is certainly extremely powerful. based on his speed, i'd say glads might win a couple, but without a blitz, the more i think about this, the more i think he's completely f'd in this match.

The general consensus I've found is that speedsters think at the speed they can move at. Otherwise they'd run/fly into walls. I'm not talking about complex thought mind you, but run 'n punch isn't complex, it's about as base as it gets.

'chester's definitely got the chops to create an illusion, though don't confuse the one in Endless Battle with something he made, it was just Supes' own imagination. He has however shown the ability to:

- shield Lex from MM's mind probes
- make an illusion in Superman's mind to make him think Lois was dead, going so far as to overwrite Supes' own impressive senses
- he overwrote Superman's image on Imperiex probes in DD's mind.

He also did a bunch of telepathic crap to the Elite team, and literally hundreds of villains in Endless Battle, including fixing Bizarro and Banshee's minds at the same time and keeping them sane.

But all of these things were planned out, carried out from a safe distance, with a lot of thought going behind it. He's only been shown in an actual battle situation once, and in that one battle he couldn't even get a read on Superman's whereabouts, nevermind have time to formulate a plan, nor carry any out.

Lord_Talron
To be fair, supes had planned that fight out

~The Wickerman~
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
To be fair, supes had planned that fight out

Doesn't change 'chester's reaction time (or lack thereof).

Lord_Talron
It could have affected his ability to find him, if supes prepped for that

The general consensus I've found is that speedsters think at the speed they can move at. Otherwise they'd run/fly into walls. I'm not talking about complex thought mind you, but run 'n punch isn't complex, it's about as base as it gets.

'chester's definitely got the chops to create an illusion, though don't confuse the one in Endless Battle with something he made, it was just Supes' own imagination. He has however shown the ability to:

- shield Lex from MM's mind probes
- make an illusion in Superman's mind to make him think Lois was dead, going so far as to overwrite Supes' own impressive senses
- he overwrote Superman's image on Imperiex probes in DD's mind.

He also did a bunch of telepathic crap to the Elite team, and literally hundreds of villains in Endless Battle, including fixing Bizarro and Banshee's minds at the same time and keeping them sane.

But all of these things were planned out, carried out from a safe distance, with a lot of thought going behind it. He's only been shown in an actual battle situation once, and in that one battle he couldn't even get a read on Superman's whereabouts, nevermind have time to formulate a plan, nor carry any out. just for the sake of stablishing a standard: omega kid was stated to form and organize thoughts at the rate of 30 million per second, he had no physical superspeed and his only power was telepathy. could he handle someone like superman intent on blitzing him? could he mindrape him in time?

cdtm

I actually agreed with Black on some of his rhetoric.

After all, Superman can afford to stop bad guys while not killing anyone thanks to his ridiculous powers. For people without super speed and such, and when dealing with high enough stakes, it's not as realistic an option.

But of course, Superman wouldn't be Superman if he agreed to that...

cdtm
He's only been shown in an actual battle situation once, and in that one battle he couldn't even get a read on Superman's whereabouts, nevermind have time to formulate a plan, nor carry any out.

Again, Martian Manhunter couldn't get a fix on Superman either.

The way Ostrander described it, this is simply something unique to Superman. No knock on Black for having similar problems.

~The Wickerman~
Originally posted by 753
just for the sake of stablishing a standard: omega kid was stated to form and organize thoughts at the rate of 30 million per second, he had no physical superspeed and his only power was telepathy. could he handle someone like superman intent on blitzing him? could he mindrape him in time?

I'd say definitely. thumb up

Again, Martian Manhunter couldn't get a fix on Superman either.

The way Ostrander described it, this is simply something unique to Superman. No knock on Black for having similar problems.

Not sure which issue you're referring to, need context (my memory's not great). It's not necessarily a Superman thing, Grodd's had trouble pinpointing Flash as well. It's a speed thing.

leonidas

laughing out loud

you sound like me. it's an argument i've made in the past that I'VE found most DISAGREE with--without proof. there are no instances--to my knowledge--of an insta-blitz from glads. he has to first perceive THEN attack. if what you said was true, thor--who can fly at multiples of c--would ALSO have this superspeed-thinking ability. like you, i've argued your stance makes sense theoretically. but practically? it carries with it a burden of proof that doesn't exist i don't think. imo glads COULD blitz, but he would first need to realize he had to, and there's no proof he could think at superspeeds. i'll concede if there is, of course. smile

yep, but black was the one who trapped clark in that imaginary world. or at least held him there. if he can do that to someone with a will like clark, i can't see it NOT working on glads.

fair enough. but in THIS case he would know exactly where glads is. if he formed an illusion, glads would go for it imo, and THAT would give black the time to go on the offensive i think.

again, i can see glads taking a couple based on speed, but a heavy majority to black.

~The Wickerman~
laughing out loud

you sound like me. it's an argument i've made in the past that I'VE found most DISAGREE with--without proof. there are no instances--to my knowledge--of an insta-blitz from glads. he has to first perceive THEN attack. if what you said was true, thor--who can fly at multiples of c--would ALSO have this superspeed-thinking ability. like you, i've argued your stance makes sense theoretically. but practically? it carries with it a burden of proof that doesn't exist i don't think. imo glads COULD blitz, but he would first need to realize he had to, and there's no proof he could think at superspeeds. i'll concede if there is, of course. smile

Well it's been flat out stated for Superman, mr. Majestic, Flash and Quicksilver numerous times that they think at superspeed. I think it's silly since there are already such instances to demand proof for each and every single speedster laughing out loud

yep, but black was the one who trapped clark in that imaginary world. or at least held him there. if he can do that to someone with a will like clark, i can't see it NOT working on glads.

Dude, there's no indication that the "fight" was done or kept by chester, he was just "watching" it when Supes tells him to "read his mind". He did however maintain the illusion of Lois being dead, which is pretty impressive.

fair enough. but in THIS case he would know exactly where glads is. if he formed an illusion, glads would go for it imo, and THAT would give black the time to go on the offensive i think.

again, i can see glads taking a couple based on speed, but a heavy majority to black.

Maybe, possibly. For the 1st fight perhaps. Out of 10? 9 would go to Glads after he realizes the guy's a tp-er. Or at least "should".

Nihilist
Black wins hard

Philosophía
The general consensus I've found is that speedsters think at the speed they can move at. Otherwise they'd run/fly into walls.I agree with Flash/Quicksilver/Northstar type of speedsters, since they are actual moving their limbs and processing each movement they make, but as far as flying being translated into thinking speed - no, that was never the case. Kyle Rayner can't think at milions of times lightspeed. Hal Jordan can't think at milions of times lightspeed. Random Green Lantern #3435 can't do that either.

If I give you the ability to fly at multiple times the speed of sound, and tell you to travel to the moon you would be able to do so without being able to actually fight at those speeds. The same way jet pilots are able to go ~ mach speeds and manuver at those velocities without being Quicksilver in h2h combat.

It's a simple principle, so I'm quite surprised so many people have a problem with comprehending it.

Well it's been flat out stated for Superman, mr. Majestic, Flash and Quicksilver numerous times that they think at superspeed. I think it's silly since there are already such instances to demand proof for each and every single speedster laughing out loud They proved they have high-end combat speed - perception, reaction and limb movement - by actually doing it, not by flying really fast. If other characters demonstrate the same type of speed, sure. But if they just fly really fast, it doesn't mean they're impressive, as far as combat speed is concerned, in any way.
Originally posted by 753
just for the sake of stablishing a standard: omega kid was stated to form and organize thoughts at the rate of 30 million per second, he had no physical superspeed and his only power was telepathy. could he handle someone like superman intent on blitzing him? could he mindrape him in time? Not unless you think Midnighter's combat speed is in the microsecond teritory.

It's not

leonidas

leonidas
Well it's been flat out stated for Superman, mr. Majestic, Flash and Quicksilver numerous times that they think at superspeed. I think it's silly since there are already such instances to demand proof for each and every single speedster laughing out loud

not each one, just questionable ones. i think glads falls into the latter category. supes blitzes so fast he doesn't have motion lines half the time. he just 'appears' behind an opponent. he also has multiple examples showing superspeed thought. same with flash, northstar, even quicksilver has examples of superspeed reading for example. glads has some decent blitzes, but nothing like clark. phil brought up gl's. i brought up thor. just not sure glads has enough proof to support his thinking at speeds that would make his blitz indefensible, or his perception-to-action ratio something that black couldn't likely handle.

hyrm, not sure i agree with that. they definitely fought in supes' mindscape. it wasn't an illusion created directly by black (finally went back and dug the book out) but he DID get into superman's head with his powers and he did interact and have a part in what was taking place in that mindscape. and black was beaten down because he WANTED clark to beat him down in that fight. were he to get into glads's head like that, i don't think there is any reason to think he couldn't have a FAR better showing. i also wonder if he could use that level of tk (to the point where he WAS battling clark h2h) in the 'real world'. it doesn't seem that big a stretch imo to think so.

i'd disagree because i think it's possible for black to handle his speed.

Philosophía
So you think Midnighter's mind operates by the microsecond, but his actual limbs are unable to move at those levels - in essence, frozen into his own body? By comparison Quentin, who is also frozen in his own body but otherwise has microsecond level thinking, also has telepathy - so he just has to think in order to counter?

You actually think their minds are so disproportionally fast compared to their bodies? Just in case you don't know what a microsecond is - it's one milionth of a second. Thus, if Midnighter/Quentin are in combat with an opponent, in the normal time of a passing second - they've already lived weeks in their mind - but still not having done much body-wise since it can't cope with the speed of their mind.

Just making sure you're fully embracing the absurdity of what you're saying. smile

-Pr-
flash once lived a relative month (iirc) in about 30 seconds of normal time, and all he was doing was just standing there thinking...

leonidas
Originally posted by -Pr-
flash once lived a relative month (iirc) in about 30 seconds of normal time, and all he was doing was just standing there thinking...

yeah, i remember the incident too. but doesn't it seem like it must be an ability (superspeed thinking) that can be turned on and off? i mean, otherwise, he'd likely go mad just listening to someone speak.....

-Pr-
yeah, i remember the incident too. but doesn't it seem like it must be an ability (superspeed thinking) that can be turned on and off? i mean, otherwise, he'd likely go mad just listening to someone speak.....

I honestly don't know. If I had to guess, I'd say writers just ignore it so that they can write their comics and get 22 pages out of a book.

Philosophía
Originally posted by 753
Just making sure you're fully embracing the absurdity of what you're saying. smile

flash's power and the superfast reactions that accompany it are always on, whether he is using superspeed or not. does flash live weeks in his mind for every second he spends interacting with the world in normal speed? if he doesnt (and he doesnt), are his default reaction times any shorter because of it?

comics simply aren't written with this level of scrutiny in mind Of course his mind isn't always at microsecond level in order for him to interact with normal people - but in battle, he can have everything standing still, and percieve microsecond (and much higher) level events.

Which is what I'm asking you. In battle, are Midnighter and Quentin capable of spending relative weeks in a normal second frame of time, but unlike Flash their bodies aren't able to cope with that speed so, in essence, somebody like Midnighter is in physical paralysis, unable to physically attack his opponent but only limited to "calculating scenarios" while the world is frozen around him and, Quentin aswell, being stuck in a paralysis state but, unlike Midnighter, he can also deliver a telepathic assault?

Because that's what you're saying. That Midnighter's mind can operate in microsecond-level perception and speed. And that Quentin's can, aswell. But their bodies are not moving at those speeds, so in essence their minds are fully functional - but they're paralyzed in their own bodies. Except that Quentin has telepathy, so he can attack without moving his paralyzed body.

I'd appreciate if you stop dodging the question.

flash once lived a relative month (iirc) in about 30 seconds of normal time, and all he was doing was just standing there thinking... thumb up

That's what microsecond and more perception time implies. I'm now testing to see if he will go to the end with his absurd position that they have that level of mental speed but their bodies do not, thus they are paralyzed inside their own bodies, or admits its ridiculousness.

-Pr-
I (personally) always saw the things Midnighter did as kind of like that moment when the whole world seems to slow down, and you get that moment of clarity where you get to decide what happens next (playing sports and the like). So it would seem that their minds move ultra fast.

As for Quire... F*ck if i know.

kgkg
Grodd's had trouble pinpointing Flash as well. It's a speed thing. Grodd's thought speed has been faster than Wally as well. It really depends how the writers want to twist it.

-Pr-
It also doesn't help when you have dumbass writers saying thought is faster than light...

carver9
Super speed from Gladiator. I will be back with the thinking at super speed scans.

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/2394/50988699.th.jpg http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/2844/71744606.th.jpg

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/8125/65500345.th.jpg http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/7623/31317727.th.jpg

thumb up

carver9
Almost forgot... his bio also predicts him as a light speedster (and he has the best bio power stat wise that I have seen of "any" character).

http://www.imagebam.com/image/b81fb785101320

Now let me go get this thinking fast scan.

kgkg
(and he has the best bio power stat wise that I have seen of "any" character) You have only seen Gladiator's power stats?

Batman-Prime
Barrys and Supermans Speed feat from Superman #709 was also quite impressive and gave a good impression how fast they can think, if they choose to.

carver9
Originally posted by kgkg
You have only seen Gladiator's power stats?

Naah... I have seen plenty.

Batman-Prime
Naah... I have seen plenty.

I would like to see your power stats for
Thor
WWH
Superman
Hyperion
Captain Marvel

compared to Gladiator.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Marvel's bios are worthless when it comes to power levels. They serve as the most basic of guides, you'll know who belongs in what tier but that's it.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Marvel's bios are worthless when it comes to power levels. They serve as the most basic of guides, you'll know who belongs in what tier but that's it.

He knows that. He's been told that. But alas...

Philosophía
Because Flash and Zoom have their minds function at speeds milions of times greater than their bodies are able to, and thus they are effectivly spending weeks with their mind frozen in their bodies before they're able to move a limb? Wait, no, they don't.

But glad to see you go full-on. thumb up

A big step for you, another step back for the forum.

Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Barrys and Supermans Speed feat from Superman #709 was also quite impressive and gave a good impression how fast they can think, if they choose to. That feat was for Superman, arguably, even better than the city-building feat.

And that's saying something.

psycho gundam
http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/7441878_fullblast.jpg i fukcin love that page

how bland things are now

carver9
Here we have Gladiator and Hyperion fighting at light speeds, punching at each other within nano seconds. They both have thought bubbles being prossessed during this engage at light. Pretty clear indication of thinking at ftl speeds.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/68/39597113mf8.jpg/

Sin I AM
Here we have Gladiator and Hyperion fighting at light speeds, punching at each other within nano seconds. They both have thought bubbles being prossessed during this engage at light. Pretty clear indication of thinking at ftl speeds.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/68/39597113mf8.jpg/

not really

carver9
not really

Not really what?

Batman-Prime
Not really what?

Read this scan again.
They both use their eyebeams and the feedback knocks them some miles apart.
Glads recovers first and flys to Hyperion who needs SEVERAL seconds more to recover, which in turn means that Glads needed some seconds to recover and fly to him.
Hyperion recovers just in time to block the attack and his counterpunch comes a nanosecond later, nothing more, they don't trade blows now in nanosecond time, neither do they think now in nanoseconds.

I could give you an better speedfeat of glads, even one where he thinks fast enough but you surely know it.

carver9
Read this scan again.
They both use their eyebeams and the feedback knocks them some miles apart.
Glads recovers first and flys to Hyperion who needs SEVERAL seconds more to recover, which in turn means that Glads needed some seconds to recover and fly to him.
Hyperion recovers just in time to block the attack and his counterpunch comes a nanosecond later, nothing more, they don't trade blows now in nanosecond time, neither do they think now in nanoseconds.

I could give you an better speedfeat of glads, even one where he thinks fast enough but you surely know it.

But the thing about this is, Hyperion punched at Glads with nanosecond speeds and Glads blocked this same punch. Glads had to think in order to raise his fist to block this punch and he had to think faster than the punch that was delivered to counter it. Same as catching bullets, it takes a thought process along with body movement to do it.

Batman-Prime
But the thing about this is, Hyperion punched at Glads with nanosecond speeds and Glads blocked this same punch. Glads had to think in order to raise his fist to block this punch and he had to think faster than the punch that was delivered to counter it. Same as catching bullets, it takes a thought process along with body movement to do it.

Now you are reaching, but anyway, he reacted to this punch, that's right. Thinking or haveing an conversation is something different, read Superman #709 to witness a true conversation within a second ^^.

But glads is still able to think/talk incredibly fast, you just need the proper scans and i won't tell you which ones big grin.

Sin I AM
Not really what?

nowhere is it indicated that they fought at ftl speeds...only a few blows was traded anyway

carver9
nowhere is it indicated that they fought at ftl speeds...only a few blows was traded anyway

Punching at nano seconds is light speed, no matter how many punches being delivered.

carver9
Now you are reaching, but anyway, he reacted to this punch, that's right. Thinking or haveing an conversation is something different, read Superman #709 to witness a true conversation within a second ^^.

But glads is still able to think/talk incredibly fast, you just need the proper scans and i won't tell you which ones big grin.

mad

I have another scan that I am about to present. Share your thoughts when I post it. I like Superman 709.. beastly.

Sin I AM
Punching at nano seconds is light speed, no matter how many punches being delivered.

carver he threw one punch, and that was before the nanosecond was referenced it seems to be in regards to there thought process as opposed to anything else although i do see where you could have reached that cpnclusion @ ftl speeds

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by Bentley

I dont remem which 1 of either Mantis or MDragon that had Glads thinking R.Racoon was thumping him with a megasupahenergy wep..........when in reality it was *mop* or something, but if he's *that* susceptible to tp-atks, then Manchester takes this all the way home.

Tazer

Batman-Prime
http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/2393/53038816ne8.th.jpghttp://img361.imageshack.us/img361/6708/63428720os6.th.jpghttp://img123.imageshack.us/img123/5328/34683579hw1.th.jpg
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/6710/15334634yl2.th.jpghttp://img117.imageshack.us/img117/8114/47845965hs5.th.jpghttp://img354.imageshack.us/img354/7961/66586710iy8.th.jpg

Carver, IIRC this is an alternate future of the 616-Universe. Though I think this feat is valid for Glads. Thor and the FF had to stop Galactus (who was corrupted by the Dreaming Celestial) from destroying the Universe.
Anyway, Reed almost (or for realz) "stopped" the time around them or such a thing. Still Glads was fast enough to notice them, fight and engage in a verbal battle with thor. Impressive, though I don't know how fast, relative to the timestream, the FF and Thor moved.

cdtm
So, about speed: If a character is moving fast enough where the world appears to be a statue, is it safe to say we're talking about something well beyond light speed?

Batman-Prime
So, about speed: If a character is moving fast enough where the world appears to be a statue, is it safe to say we're talking about something well beyond light speed?

Depends on how much he can accomplish while the World stands still wink.

carver9
http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/2393/53038816ne8.th.jpghttp://img361.imageshack.us/img361/6708/63428720os6.th.jpghttp://img123.imageshack.us/img123/5328/34683579hw1.th.jpg
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/6710/15334634yl2.th.jpghttp://img117.imageshack.us/img117/8114/47845965hs5.th.jpghttp://img354.imageshack.us/img354/7961/66586710iy8.th.jpg

Carver, IIRC this is an alternate future of the 616-Universe. Though I think this feat is valid for Glads. Thor and the FF had to stop Galactus (who was corrupted by the Dreaming Celestial) from destroying the Universe.
Anyway, Reed almost (or for realz) "stopped" the time around them or such a thing. Still Glads was fast enough to notice them, fight and engage in a verbal battle with thor. Impressive, though I don't know how fast, relative to the timestream, the FF and Thor moved.

Reed boosted their speeds at Hyper speed levels which is basically thousands of times FTL and Glads was able to match their speeds and even follow their movements before busting in there to engage Thor. One of the best speed feats in comics minus the Zoom and Flash fight and that is a pure indication of what you said. The writer made that scene as an indication of Gladiators power buuuuut.....

cdtm
Reed boosted their speeds at Hyper speed levels which is basically thousands of times FTL and Glads was able to match their speeds and even follow their movements before busting in there to engage Thor. One of the best speed feats in comics minus the Zoom and Flash fight and that is a pure indication of what you said. The writer made that scene as an indication of Gladiators power buuuuut.....

If that's the case, he should own any other post crisis Superman clone with the possible exception of Sentry...

Even Majestic doesn't have speed feats that insane.

carver9
If that's the case, he should own any other post crisis Superman clone with the possible exception of Sentry...

Even Majestic doesn't have speed feats that insane.

Pretty much. After that fight, Gladiator was controlling a super computer at Hyper speed as well. He was moving his limbs, speed, operating, etc, etc, at Hyper speeds and hyper speed is basically like the speed force, it can cross dimensions/distance, thousands, if not MILLIONS of light years in less than a second and for a guy to move his limbs along with talking and speaking at these speeds, he should have no challenge minus abstracts and skyfathers. He is the only one minus flash that have a feat like that.

Batman-Prime
Carver, I think you actually overrating the feat too much. Don't get me wrong it's impressive but other Characters, like Supes, Flash can and did similar things wink. And don't lowball Superman (you do if you say he is the only one minus flash) because supes did something like this too, not only once.

AsbestosFlaygon
Since TS did not specify a time stip, I would assume that from the get-go, Gladiator would break every bone of MB the second the fight starts.

But if MB was given at least 2-3 seconds prep to think, he would mind**** Gladiator any which way he wants.

Gladiator wins 10/10

carver9
Carver, I think you actually overrating the feat too much. Don't get me wrong it's impressive but other Characters, like Supes, Flash can and did similar things wink. And don't lowball Superman (you do if you say he is the only one minus flash) because supes did something like this too, not only once.

Not trying to lowball Supes but NO to your post... he has NEVER done that.

As for thinking fast and moving at near light speeds... here ya go.

http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/7296/hyperspeed11mv.jpg

These are Flash feats that I am presenting.

iceman24567

These are Flash feats that I am presenting. What high herald can't fly at NEAR lightspeed though? Not impressed erm

Batman-Prime

These are Flash feats that I am presenting.

Carver, you know who showed you this feat ^^.
BTW near light speed velocity =/= a good spead feat.
And yes, Superman has done it, though again, you don't know the feats or the comics where Supes did it wink.

So before you post something like "NO, NEVER", you should do some research big grin.

carver9
Originally posted by iceman24567
What high herald can't fly at NEAR lightspeed though? Not impressed erm

In a gravitational environment? A couple actually.

As for the feat that I was talking about... operating a super computer at hyper speeds...

http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/8585/hyperspeed35nr.jpg

carver9
Carver, you know who showed you this feat ^^.
BTW near light speed velocity =/= a good spead feat.
And yes, Superman has done it, though again, you don't know the feats or the comics where Supes did it wink.

So before you post something like "NO, NEVER", you should do some research big grin.

What made you bring Superman up?

Show me some feats since I don't know about them.

-Pr-
Carver, stop or you're going to get warned.

Endless Mike
If someone shows him a Superman speed feat he'll just deny that speed = distance/time

Batman-Prime
What made you bring Superman up?

Show me some feats since I don't know about them. You should know at least two of them wink. It's funny you don't. At least one was shown to you more then once and the other was mentioned and you even said you know it. I could show you but first i want you to figure them out big grin.

I'm not your enemy carver, on the contrary i try to help you. I know you like Glads and Hulk a lot but you shouldn't discard the feats of chars you don't like. And you have to admit that Glads is a copy of Superman, one of the better tbh, and he would lose against Superman in a comic fight (even if Marvel would be the publissher ^^).

Why i did bring up superman, he and flash were examples of people who can match or surpass Gladiators speed wink.

carver9
Carver, stop or you're going to get warned.

I honestly think this is a set up. I never mentioned Superman not once in any of my post... it was something that was brought up to me Pr.

carver9
You should know at least two of them wink. It's funny you don't. At least one was shown to you more then once and the other was mentioned and you even said you know it. I could show you but first i want you to figure them out big grin.

I'm not your enemy carver, on the contrary i try to help you. I know you like Glads and Hulk a lot but you shouldn't discard the feats of chars you don't like. And you have to admit that Glads is a copy of Superman, one of the better tbh, and he would lose against Superman in a comic fight (even if Marvel would be the publissher ^^).

Why i did bring up superman, he and flash were examples of people who can match or surpass Gladiators speed wink.

I have nothing against Superman... the only person I discuss the character with is Pr.

I know all of Supes speed feats and I do not care to discuss anything about him in this thread. This discussion or my scans didn't have anything to do with Supes.

I agree with you, Supes would beat Gladiator in a comic. Can we please get off of the character and discuss how Manchester is going to prevent getting his head taken off as soon as the bell ring.

Batman-Prime
I have nothing against Superman... the only person I discuss the character with is Pr.

I know all of Supes speed feats and I do not care to discuss anything about him in this thread. This discussion or my scans didn't have anything to do with Supes.

I agree with you, Supes would beat Gladiator in a comic. Can we please get off of the character and discuss how Manchester is going to prevent getting his head taken off as soon as the bell ring.

Sure. He can't imho. As soon as the fight starts his head is either removed by physical force or an nice blast of HV wink.

-Pr-
I honestly think this is a set up. I never mentioned Superman not once in any of my post... it was something that was brought up to me Pr.

Who said I was talking about Superman?

I know all of Supes speed feats

no you don't. no expression

Sin I AM
so which is faster the thought based attack or hyper speed?

cdtm
Can we please get off of the character and discuss how Manchester is going to prevent getting his head taken off as soon as the bell ring.

He's not.

Gladiator takes this 10/10.

Batman-Prime
so which is faster the thought based attack or hyper speed?

Doesn't matter 'cause even if Black mindrapes Glads at the beginning, Glads should still have the nanosecond to send a HV in Black direction, it's all he needs.

carver9
Who said I was talking about Superman?

no you don't. no expression

That has GOT to be why you were talking about the warning.

Come on Pr... you have to admit that I know about a large percentage of Supes feats even though we have different views on the character?

It doesn't matter though because this thread isn't about him.

-Pr-
That has GOT to be why you were talking about the warning.

Come Pr... you have to admit that I know about a large percentage of Supes feats even though we have different views on the character?

It doesn't matter though because this thread isn't about him.

That wasn't why I told you to stop, no. I was talking about Gladiator. The Superman thing came after.

And honestly, no. You might know about most of the highest of the high ones, but you just lowball those anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

carver9
That wasn't why I told you to stop, no. I was talking about Gladiator. The Superman thing came after.

And honestly, no. You might know about most of the highest of the high ones, but you just lowball those anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

lol

I don't lowball the character but to each his own.

Gladiator 8/10

-Pr-
lol

I don't lowball the character but to each his own.

Gladiator 8/10

ermm

carver9
ermm

laughing out loud

What does that mean?

-Pr-
laughing out loud

What does that mean?

Saying you don't lowball.

carver9
Saying you don't lowball.

confused

In the past... yeah, I would agree but now... naah. I didn't even know the meaning of the word until you all told me what I was doing. Its very rare finding me doing something like that and when I do it, its usually used to show a person what they are doing against a character... use it in a reverse psychology manner.

-Pr-
confused

In the past... yeah, I would agree but now... naah. I didn't even know the meaning of the word until you all told me what I was doing. Its very rare finding me doing something like that and when I do it, its usually used to show a person what they are doing against a character... use it in a reverse psychology manner.

no

Simbon
It's gonna be hard for Gladiator to win when he'll be so busy losing.

~The Wickerman~
Originally posted by Simbon
It's gonna be hard for Gladiator to win when he'll be so busy cleaning chester's brain and skull fragments off his gloves.

Yes, I agree.

carver9
How fast is chester reactions?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>