Akuma vs. Dark Kahn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GVSSK
is this closer? confused

Ridley_Prime
Needs moar battle description.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by GVSSK
is this closer? confused

Not even. The difference is much greater this time, but it's the MK character that is far more powerful.

Tha C-Master
It would seem that way, but that game had massive power creep power seep. Darkside at his regular seems more powerful.

Bro SMASH
Well it was said that Dark Kahn is more powerful than Darkseid.

Anyway, Dark Kahn stomps.

Demonic Phoenix
Even if regular Darkseid is more powerful than MK's Dark Kahn, DK apparently had Darkseid's Omega Abilities. The Omega Effect is more than enough for Akuma.

He was also responsible for merging two universes together and moving people between the two universes via ground pounds.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Even if regular Darkseid is more powerful than MK's Dark Kahn, DK apparently had Darkseid's Omega Abilities. The Omega Effect is more than enough for Akuma.

He was also responsible for merging two universes together and moving people between the two universes via ground pounds. I'm thinking the storyline forced them together.

But if he is more powerful than Darkseid he is of course too powerful. What was the "accepted" ending in that game, and if they were all weakened how did they beat him?

Shao Kahn has punched through dimensions too if I'm not mistaken. It's hard to quantify by itself.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
What was the "accepted" ending in that game, and if they were all weakened how did they beat him?
Basically the last ones standing, Raiden and Superman, had to team up to beat him, the latter of whom was no longer weakened by near the end of the game. And the MK characters became as strong as the DC characters due to the power fluxes as a result of the universes merging, so yeah. Crazy stuff.

Demonic Phoenix
I'm thinking the storyline forced them together.

But if he is more powerful than Darkseid he is of course too powerful. What was the "accepted" ending in that game, and if they were all weakened how did they beat him?

Shao Kahn has punched through dimensions too if I'm not mistaken. It's hard to quantify by itself.

I think it was him. His very presence started the merger, and with his 'RAGE' facepalm2, was able to speed up the process substantially.

I think Raiden and Superman worked together, while using his own RAGE against him. Once DK was destroyed, the merger reversed itself completely.

Dunno about Shao Kahn, but I'd think that he can only punch through realms, which are different from Universes.
And those ground pounds of his that transported Kano to DC etc. also erased people like Goro, Cage & Aquaman from existence.

Tha C-Master
I think it was him. His very presence started the merger, and with his 'RAGE' facepalm2, was able to speed up the process substantially.

I think Raiden and Superman worked together, while using his own RAGE against him. Once DK was destroyed, the merger reversed itself completely.

Dunno about Shao Kahn, but I'd think that he can only punch through realms, which are different from Universes.
And those ground pounds of his that transported Kano to DC etc. also erased people like Goro, Cage & Aquaman from existence. Well that's what I mean, the merger caused power creep power seep (for game balance) which is why I questioned his power level. It would seem he would be comparable to them (of course somewhat more powerful).

Demonic Phoenix
Well that's what I mean, the merger caused power creep power seep (for game balance) which is why I questioned his power level. It would seem he would be comparable to them (of course somewhat more powerful).

Yeah, but by the game's climax, Superman himself noted that he was as powerful as he was before the whole thing, while Batman stated that Kahn was more powerful than 'Seid.

Raiden was able to stalemate Superman more or less as well before they fought DK.

Tha C-Master
I've seen the endings, but I don't remember Kahn being more powerful than Seid. You mean 'seid at his normal showings?

Demonic Phoenix
I've seen the endings, but I don't remember Kahn being more powerful than Seid. You mean 'seid at his normal showings?

Well, assuming 'seid in MKvsDC is regular ol 'seid, yeah, DK would be more powerful than 'seid at his normal showings.

1x4QNKoSDEI

1:37

Tha C-Master
Arrrgh so much power creep power seep. What is the best thing he's done? The stories all intertwine.

Demonic Phoenix
Best thing he's done? I'd assume it would be merging two universes just through his existence, and quickening the process via others fighting.
Other than that:

a) He's much more powerful than a guy that nearly killed Superman, as per Batman's words.
b) He can use the Omega Beams at the levels that Darkseid does.
c) He can erase people from existence, though it is a random process it seems.
d) He can fill people like Superman & Captain Marvel with incredible bloodlust.
e) He overpowered Superman and Raiden (who was as powerful as Superman at that point given by how Raiden either barely bests him, or barely loses to him) with a hand blast for each.

Most of those are enough to destroy Akuma.
You could argue that the DC characters are not really at their comic level of power, but considering that power creep power seeps were needed and explained in plot, I'd say they were operating at their normal levels before the merger.

DK's crazy powerful, but he could have been handled far better as a character, or he shouldn't have existed at all. I'd wager that Birdie is a better character than Dark Kahn. facepalm2

Zack Fair
Dark Kahn is such a terrible character facepalm

Frisky Dingo
Is this Cosmic/Herald Gouki? Or cfj shin Gouki? That would be very fair. CFJ Shin Gouki might infact be overkill.

Demonic Phoenix
What did CFJ Shin Gouki do?

EDIT: Just saw his ending.
He busts a meteor, and he's overkill against a guy that can stomp Superman?

Frisky Dingo
CFJ Gouki is stronger than a 400,000 light year sized character who merged five universes and three dimensions at once, on on a whim out, of boredom.........

That's more than enough.

Demonic Phoenix
Seriously? He beat...Pyron?

Frisky Dingo
He's the true Boss after Pyron. Pyron even considers him an equal in his win qoutes. This is why I say the meteor feat isn't canon. It came from a game where he was the boss above Pyron.

GVSSK
We are going by accomplishments. As far as actual demonstrated feats who's above who, Dark Kahn or Shin Akuma (CFJ is ok but feats only, not statements).

No End N Site
Seriously? He beat...Pyron?

I'm almost certain Shin Akuma was stronger than mini Pyron, not the big one. I could be wrong but I don't think that version of S.Akuma was that strong.

Frisky Dingo
So you're not sure about that, huh?

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Frisky Dingo
He's the true Boss after Pyron. Pyron even considers him an equal in his win qoutes. This is why I say the meteor feat isn't canon. It came from a game where he was the boss above Pyron.

It's of little consequence whether or not that feat is canon IMO, seeing as Dark Kahn is non-canon anyway.

Originally posted by No End N Site
I'm almost certain Shin Akuma was stronger than mini Pyron, not the big one. I could be wrong but I don't think that version of S.Akuma was that strong.

Well, if he can beat Pyron at his true level, he'll be too much for DK.
Otherwise, how powerful was Pyron while he was limited? Because I kind of thought that it was the whole Demitri beating Mini-Pyron deal again.

~ Oh, and Herald Gouki would also lose easily to DK. Even if he is a High Herald, he shouldn't be a match for a Skyfather level character.
So CFJ Gouki is really the only one who can be debated on.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Zack Fair
If you think that's bad, there's at least one person who posted in this thread that thinks Dark Khan is completely original.

Bro SMASH
Gee, I wonder who that someone is. shifty

Meioh_Hades
Originally posted by Zack Fair

I agree: Dark Khan may be the wrost boss in the MK history, but sadly is the most powerful...

He's too strong even for Gouki.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Frisky Dingo
He's the true Boss after Pyron. Pyron even considers him an equal in his win qoutes. This is why I say the meteor feat isn't canon. It came from a game where he was the boss above Pyron. Didn't see that quote. I thought they did that because Gouki was more popular.

If he's more powerful than Pyron then yea...

Demonic Phoenix
Mini Pyron you mean 313

Frisky Dingo
Mini Pyron is still rather strong. He can effortlessly shrink multiple stars that spand over a mega galaxy and make them nova at will.

It's also not stated rather it was Mini or Big Pyron that merged all times and universes.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Bro SMASH
Gee, I wonder who that someone is. shifty
No sense in hiding it now, original one.
dur-rage

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Meioh_Hades
I agree: Dark Khan may be the wrost boss in the MK history, but sadly is the most powerful...

He's too strong even for Gouki.
How would he fare against Onaga?

Tha C-Master
I don't see Onaga being stronger. I think Akuma vs Onaga would be a good thread though.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Omega Vision
How would he fare against Onaga?

Dark Kahn? He'd stomp Onaga.

I don't see Onaga being stronger. I think Akuma vs Onaga would be a good thread though.

Please. You know that Akuma would win. The only reason you are suggesting it is because you are still sore from Gouki losing in this thread. 313

Omega Vision

Please. You know that Akuma would win. The only reason you are suggesting it is because you are still sore from Gouki losing in this thread. 313
So you think its Dark Khan>>>Onaga>>>Shao Khan?

Ridley_Prime
Yeah, that's basically the way it is from what I can tell. If someone thinks Shao Kahn by himself is > Onaga in combat under normal conditions, then I'll gladly make a thread about them and finally put the rivalry between the two Outworld emperors to rest...

Zack Fair
I agree. I think it is implied that Onaga > Kahn

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Omega Vision
So you think its Dark Khan>>>Onaga>>>Shao Khan?

Indeed.

Though if we're taking Armageddon Shao Kahn into account, he might just be > Onaga.

Ridley_Prime
Perhaps Onaga gave Kahn a good beating after taking him away from the pyramid in Armageddon and thought he killed him but didn't? (similar to how they thought Kahn was dead in MK9's story mode when Liu put his fist through Kahn's body at the Colosseum)

If that's the case, then it's proof enough to me that Onaga > Kahn in combat. Just Kahn has a great healing factor like Wolverine that keeps him from dying at times..

Tha C-Master

Please. You know that Akuma would win. The only reason you are suggesting it is because you are still sore from Gouki losing in this thread. 313 I'm bleeding.

Like the other posters said, CFJ Akuma would win.

I don't like basing that on statements though, no different than Dark Kahn. So I'm iffy on it.

Meioh_Hades
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Perhaps Onaga gave Kahn a good beating after taking him away from the pyramid in Armageddon and thought he killed him but didn't? (similar to how they thought Kahn was dead in MK9's story mode when Liu put his fist through Kahn's body at the Colosseum)

To explain the "Shao Kahn as the ultimate winner of the Armageddon".

IMHO

Taven's ending (the defeat of Blaze didn't killed/stripped of all the powers of the MK cast, but make them even stronger) is canon. But nowhere is stated that all the chars' powers are augmented by the same amount.

Maybe, for some strange reason (one of the could have been " 'cause he's the current Emperor of Outworld"wink, Shao Kahn's powers increased far more than the other chars. Shao Kahn already is one of the strongest MK chars, and with a greater power boost than other kombatants, he gained enough power to defeat even Onaga.

Ridley_Prime
Yeah, that's a possibility too. But when Onaga grabbed Kahn in the game intro, he was all like "NOOOOO" and stuff as he flew him away, and you could hear the crackling sounds of Onaga biting his head to death after Kahn stopped screaming. If Kahn's power had already increased more than everyone else's at that point, I don't think that would've even happened.

Either way, it's all still speculation sadly as to who killed who in Armageddon, aside from Li Mei by Hotaru, Sheeva by Kenshi, Kenshi by Shang Tsung, and eventually in MK 2011 Raiden by Shao Kahn.

Meioh_Hades
Looking at MK 2011 intro, we can say that Kung Lao killed Baraka, and Sub Zero killed Scorpion.

Ridley_Prime
Yeah, there's that too I guess, and Scorpion killed Noob Saibot (Scorp's sword was impaled in Noob's body just like how Scorp was impaled by Subzero's Kori Blade), and Shinnok's clone killed Kung Lao from the looks of it.

Blood Vengeance
It's funny how some people ask which version of Akuma's being used when it's obviously implied canon versions are in question unless otherwise noted.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.