THE EXPRESS,the Ernie Davis story

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr Parker
This is from the back cover of a DVD of the movie that I saw recently to describe the movie.
Witness the inspirational true story of a real american hero.Rising from the humblest of beginnings,Ernie Davis,"Rob Brown",overcame impossible odds to become the first african-american to win college footballs greatest honor-The Heisman Trophy.Starring Dennis Quaid as the hard nosed coach that helped drive him to success.The Express is a powerful story of truimph on and off the field that will have you cheering again and again.Here is a video of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGkTTaqYfjg

If you havent seen this movie,you GOT to rent it sometime.Its all based on real events that took place.This was during a time when blacks were fighting for civil rights so their was plain hatred from whites in colleges against him.He was follwing the footsteps of Jim Brown going to the collge he went to as well.He later ALSO was drafted by The Cleveland Browns and even though he never played a down for them-you will find out why in the movie,his football number 45 was retired and no player has ever worn it since.

The white players on this collge football team that he palyed against were real cruel,they took cheap shots at him in a game beating him up after being tackled in games and the refs would not do a damn thing about them and yet if their team did that,they got flagged for it.

GREAT MUST SEE MOVIE if you have not seen it.

Deja~vu
The trailer looks very suspenseful. I bet there's a whole lot we never knew. Can't wait to see it.

ADarksideJedi
It looks pretty good but I am not really into sports movies.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Deja~vu
The trailer looks very suspenseful. I bet there's a whole lot we never knew. Can't wait to see it.

yeah its a great movie you should see.

jaden101
Looks good...I'm guessing it's similar in tone to Remember the Titans which is one of the few American sports movies I like.

fightingflyer
It was good, but it made me to sad sad

Mr Parker
Originally posted by fightingflyer
It was good, but it made me to sad sad

keep the replys coming.come on guys,even if you havent seen this movie,you should at LEAST watch this trailer and comment on the trailer.

soulkiller
I am going to rent it soon. I loved the trailer

Mr Parker
Originally posted by soulkiller
I am going to rent it soon. I loved the trailer

awesome.great to hear.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.