Thor VS The Sentry (In a Fist fight)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wildernesss
Thor VS The Sentry (In a Fist fight)

no hammer, no void. no energy projection/amping, flying, etc, etc. pure bareknuckle fist fight. fight is in asgard with an asgardian audience.

how does this go?

1. until one is KOed for 1 minute

2. 12 rounds with pro-boxing style rules

ankur29
i think sentry wins both 6/10

JakeTheBank
Thor.

Harbinger
Thor in the first, Bob in the second.

Hyperion Prime
Thor in both!

h1a8
Depends on which Sentry

The terrax or Genis versions stomps

Badabing
Thor in both. Better fighter.

bbrem123
can sentry use his speed too?

CosmicComet
Originally posted by bbrem123
can sentry use his speed too?

Why not?

Philosophía
Sentry.

leonidas
probably sentry.

iceman24567
Thor in both way better fighter

tkitna
Thor is a way better fighter, but I think Sentry is way faster than he is.

Sentry for a small majority

bbrem123
sentry wins

Slaanesh
Sentry

Sin I AM
odinson

h1a8
full capacity Sentry very easily.

cdtm
Sentry in a walk.

quanchi112
Sentry in both.

Sin I AM
based on what? his exceptional h2h skills

wildernesss
Originally posted by Sin I AM
based on what? his exceptional h2h skills

that's an ironic comment considering thor's relative reliance on his hammer.

but to answer the question, I'd wager it would be because of his combat speed & the fact that he uses his fists more often than thor out of neccessity.

Sin I AM
i still see thor as the better fighter...i mean aside form BM, IH how many h2h battles did he actually have, and i dont count Ares

cdtm
i still see thor as the better fighter...i mean aside form BM, IH how many h2h battles did he actually have, and i dont count Ares

So, what fights showcase Thor's fighting skills?

Serious question. Most times I've seen Thor fight (Vs Bill, vs Hulk), he usually brawls.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by cdtm
So, what fights showcase Thor's fighting skills?

Serious question. Most times I've seen Thor fight (Vs Bill, vs Hulk), he usually brawls.

Hulk, Man-Beast, Hercules, and Juggernaut for starters.

Sin I AM
h2h only? that'd be tricky, id have to look it up because he rarely swings without mjolnir in his hands.

Still from sentry's fights he pretty much just overpowers them amirite? no h2h required

cdtm
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Hulk, Man-Beast, Hercules, and Juggernaut for starters.

The Juggernaut fights I saw, he was skilled in the use of the hammers powers: Cancelling out Juggs powers, teleportation, using it to battlefield remove Juggs to the moon.

But the parts where he fights bare handed, or tries hitting Juggs with his hammer, looks like brawling to me.

Compared with, say, Orions fight with Darkseid in Simonson's run...

Sin I AM
isnt the norse fighting just stylized brawling, hacking and slashing anyway

oan he was wrestling herc most of the time

JakeTheBank
Being a good brawler is a skill in of itself, though. And Thor's a great brawler. They even mention Thor's warrior background and being the greatest warrior around as the reason how and why he beats people with comparable or greater stats a lot. And the Asgardians exhibit skill in swordsmanship and warfare; they're not beserker Vikings. I think people have this notion you have to be a ninja or something in order to have skill.

wildernesss

he has taken huge punches from thing like it was a fly swat. no effect. even thor would flinch from thing's best punches. thing has given the hulk problems. his fight with ultron was h2h & she had to run away/ use other methods to contend with him. he KOed Attuma with one punch. he punched namor into the ground within the span of 2 pages or so. namor couldn't even counter attack. a literal punch stomp into the street.

that aside, sentry was retconned into continuity so his untold stories are still yet untold. we don't know the full extent of his pure h2h skills.

conversely, how many purely (and significant) h2h thor battle have there been? this mean no hammer, no energy projection, no amping, no pis, no bs.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by wildernesss
conversely, how many purely (and significant) h2h thor battle have there been? this mean no hammer, no energy projection, no amping, no pis, no bs.

Quite a bit, actually.

Sin I AM
he has taken huge punches from thing like it was a fly swat. no effect. even thor would flinch from thing's best punches. thing has given the hulk problems. his fight with ultron was h2h & she had to run away/ use other methods to contend with him. he KOed Attuma with one punch. he punched namor into the ground within the span of 2 pages or so. namor couldn't even counter attack. a literal punch stomp into the street.

that aside, sentry was retconned into continuity so his untold stories are still yet untold. we don't know the full extent of his pure h2h skills.

you'd have to ask rage...he's the resident thor fanboy i believe.... roll eyes (sarcastic) ..and if he's retconned into this MA skilled superclone it would make me hate the character more than i already do...i rather liked him as being ambigious

Zack Fair
Sentry unless he runs out of juice.

wildernesss
Quite a bit, actually.

so there was no grappling/wrestling, kicking, no hammer, no energy projection, amping, etc, etc? those thor fights were h2h boxing matches/fist fights?

this is a pure fist fight/boxing thread. i still don't see thor overcoming sentry's blistering speed.

JakeTheBank
so there was no grappling/wrestling, kicking, no hammer, no energy projection, amping, etc, etc? those thor fights were h2h boxing matches/fist fights?

this is a pure fist fight/boxing thread. i still don't see thor overcoming sentry's blistering speed.

No. Most involved Thor using his bare fists coupled with the skill he does possess stalemating or outright beating his opponent. A few of his fights involved Thor getting into tests of strength (ie. Hulk/Hercules) and stalemating their strength output.

I don't see Sentry overcoming the fact that Thor is a better fighter than he is. *shrug* The stips for these hobble Sentry just about as much as it they do Thor.

wildernesss
No. Most involved Thor using his bare fists coupled with the skill he does possess stalemating or outright beating his opponent. A few of his fights involved Thor getting into tests of strength (ie. Hulk/Hercules) and stalemating their strength output.

I don't see Sentry overcoming the fact that Thor is a better fighter than he is. *shrug* The stips for these hobble Sentry just about as much as it they do Thor.

not really. thor is very reliant on his hammer. sentry is primarily seen using his fists. sentry has blistering speed that thor has no answer for. even without the speed, sentry has monsterous strength. thor loses here.

quanchi112
based on what? his exceptional h2h skills Superior power and durability.

cdtm
Didn't Thor match Cap without his powers at some point?

The way he was portrayed in the movie was as a seriously skilled hand to hand expert. I'd think they drew that from the comics, and didn't just make it up...

JakeTheBank
not really. thor is very reliant on his hammer. sentry is primarily seen using his fists. sentry has blistering speed that thor has no answer for. even without the speed, sentry has monsterous strength. thor loses here.

Sentry uses his fists coupled with his speed, flight, energy projection/"matter manipulation", etc. Sentry hardly ever engages foes on foot using nothing but his fists and speed - he "blitzes" people in the air more than anything...hell, if you can show me Sentry speedblitzing someone on the ground, I'd appreciate it. Thor on the other hand, has multiple instances of tossing Mjolnir aside and engaging a foe straight up and winning.

Thor has monsterous strength as well, as well as more consistent and better strength feats to boot.

Is this spite or sorely one sided then in your opinion as the OP?

JakeTheBank

The way he was portrayed in the movie was as a seriously skilled hand to hand expert. I'd think they drew that from the comics, and didn't just make it up...

Yes, he kept up with and was shown to be just as competent as Cap was in the thick of it when he was mortal.

There really ought to be no contention between Thor's skill level and Sentry's, imo.

wildernesss

how can thor even hit sentry when sentry can punch & maneuver faster than thor's neurons can even signal the brain to perform a physical movement? unless thor is just pissing into the wind & punching all over the place.

CosmicComet
Why can't he demonstrate that same level when he's a at normal levels?

I honestly don't take that instance too seriously.

Seems more like a trope more than anything. I don't know if there is a name for it, but I like to call it the inverse-power-skill rule. Sudden depowering, sudden gaining of skill levels never before seen.

JakeTheBank
how can thor even hit sentry when sentry can punch & maneuver faster than thor's neurons can even signal the brain to perform a physical movement? unless thor is just pissing into the wind & punching all over the place.

The same way Thor tags other people who use superspeed.

cdtm
Originally posted by CosmicComet

Seems more like a trope more than anything. I don't know if there is a name for it, but I like to call it the inverse-power-skill rule. Sudden depowering, sudden gaining of skill levels never before seen.

Heh, come to think of it, Superman suddenly gained the ability to own Kobra when he was in a human body..

Still, at the levels Thor fights at, how many opportunities does he really get to display h2h skills?

If you have a really big hammer, you use the hammer.

JakeTheBank

Sake of drama/plot, I'd wager.

I'd say that Thor's displayed a regular "baseline" level of skill in combat/brawling/etc and has his "warrior born" levels in which it's really hyped up.

His regular/consistent level of showing is greater than that of Sentry's, imo. His higher end, more played up displays of skill widen that gap.

wildernesss
Sentry uses his fists coupled with his speed, flight, energy projection/"matter manipulation", etc. Sentry hardly ever engages foes on foot using nothing but his fists and speed - he "blitzes" people in the air more than anything...hell, if you can show me Sentry speedblitzing someone on the ground, I'd appreciate it. Thor on the other hand, has multiple instances of tossing Mjolnir aside and engaging a foe straight up and winning.

Thor has monsterous strength as well, as well as more consistent and better strength feats to boot.

Is this spite or sorely one sided then in your opinion as the OP?

6/10 for sentry.

and sentry has never used matter manipulation in any meaningful way. that was void.

i'd like to see thor toss aside mjolnir & tangle with namor the way sentry did. sentry was punch stomping him into the street (pure h2h at this point by the way) & namor couldn't even counter. nothing. nada. and namor has given hercules & hulk problems. thor could not so overwhelmingly pummel namor without his hammer.

JakeTheBank
6/10 for sentry.

and sentry has never used matter manipulation in any meaningful way. that was void.

i'd like to see thor toss aside mjolnir & tangle with namor the way sentry did. sentry was punch stomping him into the street (pure h2h at this point by the way) & namor couldn't even counter. nothing. nada. and namor has given hercules problems. thor could not so overwhelmingly pummel namor without his hammer.

Thor one shot Namor in the soaking rain.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Stats/ThorStrength23Invaders33.jpg

wildernesss
that doesn't mean anything. namor could be standing again in the next caption, let alone page.

JakeTheBank
that doesn't mean anything. namor could be standing again in the next caption, let alone page.

erm

It means that Thor has one shot Namor out with a single blow with water involved. He's also one shot Abomination in a single blow.

cdtm

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Stats/ThorStrength23Invaders33.jpg

Invaders hasn't been kind to Namor. Nearly killed by Wolverine, and leveled by Thor..

Damborgson
Thor in both. Better fighter, tougher, stronger, etc...

CosmicComet
The same way Thor tags other people who use superspeed.

But does that outnumber the times he had trouble dealing with nonspeedster speeds?

Realistically though, if he can keep up with cap while at equal levels...he should be millions of times faster at normal strength.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Damborgson
Thor in both. Better fighter, tougher, stronger, etc... He isn't tougher or stronger or more durable.

carver9
Originally posted by quanchi112
He isn't tougher or stronger or more durable.

He sure isn't.

cdtm
Yeah, he did tear Ares in half. That's insane strength..

wildernesss
erm

It means that Thor has one shot Namor out with a single blow with water involved. He's also one shot Abomination in a single blow.

Invaders vol 1 #33

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Namor%20titles/Battles/Invaders33a.jpg
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Namor%20titles/Battles/Invaders33b.jpg
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Namor%20titles/Battles/Invaders33c.jpg

the actual physical exchange is very brief and Namor is unharmed. namor even states he was away from the sea for too long & in a weakened state. thor gets smashed in the face before he can even do anything. namor couldn't land a single blow on sentry. In other words...fail.

the way sentry shit stomped namor during utopia was more on the up & up. namor was not in a weakened state since the x-men planned and prepped for the dark avengers. namor had to resort to throwing buses at him to try & keep away...until he caught namor & punch stomped him into the street so hard it collapsed the concrete under namor. namor couldn't even react.

wildernesss
Yeah, he did tear Ares in half. That's insane strength..

almost did it to thor too.

carver9

How much more stronger and durable is Thor over Masterson because to my knowledge, Masterson has some insane feats durability and strength wise. Reason I'm asking is because Gladiator hit Masterson one time (first punch thrown during the fight) and he was basically almost out of the fight, dizzy and could barely stand.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/224/42660845wb4.jpg/

Imo, Sentry is pretty close strength wise to Glads and if Masterson and Thor is as close physically as I think they are and Sentry strength is as close to Glads as I think it is... numerous of barrages from Sentry at super speed wouldn't be a safe bet for Thor.

carver9
HHHMM... I could see this happening.

http://comicboards.com/php/image.php?msg=thor-2009120322060490&att=ThorKillsSentry_01_150.jpg&fullsize=yes

tkitna
Originally posted by carver9

http://comicboards.com/php/image.php?msg=thor-2009120322060490&att=ThorKillsSentry_01_150.jpg&fullsize=yes

I was just about to post the same thing. laughing out loud

ankur29

yup thumb up

however i don't think the ending will be the same!

and we have seen sentry is strong enough to make thor bleed from punches

He isn't tougher or stronger or more durable.

thumb up

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor's definitely tougher. Strength levels are pretty much a wash if Reynolds confident. Sentry is an "invulnerable" character so he'd normally be harder to actually injure but we know Thor's damage soak makes up for that advantage.

Anyways, the notion that's Sentry is as or more skilled than Thor is hilarious tbh. The argument that Thor using Mjolnir often somehow makes him less skilled than a brick who punches more is a silly one. We've seen Thor in plenty of hand to hand battles to know how formidable he is without the hammer.

And I can see this happening:
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa469/R-O-O/Thor/Non%20Cannon/KillsSentry4.jpg
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa469/R-O-O/Thor/Non%20Cannon/KillsSentry5.jpg

Starscream M
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor's definitely tougher. Strength levels are pretty much a wash if Reynolds confident. Sentry is an "invulnerable" character so he'd normally be harder to actually injure but we know Thor's damage soak makes up for that advantage.

Anyways, the notion that's Sentry is as or more skilled than Thor is hilarious tbh. The argument that Thor using Mjolnir often somehow makes him less skilled than a brick who punches more is a silly one. We've seen Thor in plenty of hand to hand battles to know how formidable he is without the hammer.

And I can see this happening:
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa469/R-O-O/Thor/Non%20Cannon/KillsSentry4.jpg
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa469/R-O-O/Thor/Non%20Cannon/KillsSentry5.jpg thor is not definitely 'tougher'

as you yourself admit sentry is an 'invulnerable' character

sentry is also far faster

and yes, using a hammer doesn't indicate thor's skills with his fists...wouldnt someone who uses fists always be more skilled than someone who doesnt...common sense brah

and thor is much less formidable without mjolnir than with

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Starscream M
thor is not definitely 'tougher'

as you yourself admit sentry is an 'invulnerable' character

sentry is also far faster

and yes, using a hammer doesn't indicate thor's skills with his fists...wouldnt someone who uses fists always be more skilled than someone who doesnt...common sense brah

and thor is much less formidable without mjolnir than with

Like I said, Thor is tougher. Sentry is harder to initially hurt most likely.

Sure he's faster, but I doubt that's going to matter much most of the time.

So Hulk is more skilled than Thor? Let's not forget that Thor's an immortal. For example, the few decades he has spent on modern Earth is basically a single afternoon to him.

Of course he is, but he almost always uses Mjolnir as a club so it doesn't change much.

~The Wickerman~

Except one of them has been fighting for over 2000 years. And a nice big chunk of that without the hammer. Guess which one I'm talking about.

JakeTheBank
Yes, Thor is tougher in the terms of damage soak/stamina which evens out Sentry's (relative) invulnerability. So Rage is correct on that stance. Sentry's faster, but not to the degree to massively overwhelm Thor as :

A.) Sentry hardly ever uses his speed in the context set up by the OP. And I would still appreciate any scans of Sentry using super speed without his flight and on foot; it would definitely help for the purposes of debating in this thread.

and

B). Thor has enough feats under his belt to justify being able to tag super-speedsters with his bare hands if he needs to.

Starscream M

Sure he's faster, but I doubt that's going to matter much most of the time.

yeah, because we all know speed plays a trivial role in fights between otherwise pretty equally matched combatants right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Starscream M
Yes, Thor is tougher in the terms of damage soak/stamina which evens out Sentry's (relative) invulnerability. So Rage is correct on that stance. Sentry's faster, but not to the degree to massively overwhelm Thor as :

A.) Sentry hardly ever uses his speed in the context set up by the OP. And I would still appreciate any scans of Sentry using super speed without his flight and on foot; it would definitely help for the purposes of debating in this thread.

and

B). Thor has enough feats under his belt to justify being able to tag super-speedsters with his bare hands if he needs to. but sentry has vastly superior speed reflexes than thor, and this alone imo would allow him to avoid getting hit by thor by quite a bit.

JakeTheBank
but sentry has vastly superior speed reflexes than thor, and this alone imo would allow him to avoid getting hit by thor by quite a bit.

Such as what? I don't doubt that Sentry is faster than Thor, but the conditions of this fight hobble Sentry just as much as it does Thor. Thor's got far more experience fighting in fisticuffs on the ground against opponents with equal or superior physical attributes than Sentry does and to me, and correct me if I'm wrong with any issue numbers or scans, Sentry almost exclusively uses his speed during flight, which is barred for this fight.

Starscream M
Such as what? I don't doubt that Sentry is faster than Thor, but the conditions of this fight hobble Sentry just as much as it does Thor. Thor's got far more experience fighting in fisticuffs on the ground against opponents with equal or superior physical attributes than Sentry does and to me, and correct me if I'm wrong with any issue numbers or scans, Sentry almost exclusively uses his speed during flight, which is barred for this fight. he still is a bulletcatcher at the very least

that has nothing to do with flight...that means he can see the bullet in slow motion and his arms move fast enough to catch it. that is not at all hobbled by this thread's stipulations.

thor's punches will be perceived slow enough for sentry to dodge.

JakeTheBank
he still is a bulletcatcher at the very least

that has nothing to do with flight...that means he can see the bullet in slow motion and his arms move fast enough to catch it. that is not at all hobbled by this thread's stipulations.

Thor's caught tank shells and other projectiles before and has also reacted to nigh instantaneous projectiles, though.

But has Sentry ever used his speed like that under these settings? Has he ever ran super fast similar to Superman or speedblitz someone without using flight? We all know or have heard of Thor's brawls with others bricks, but what fights are we basing Sentry's winning off of?

Starscream M
Thor's caught tank shells and other projectiles before and has also reacted to nigh instantaneous projectiles, though.

But has Sentry ever used his speed like that under these settings? Has he ever ran super fast similar to Superman or speedblitz someone without using flight? We all know or have heard of Thor's brawls with others bricks, but what fights are we basing Sentry's winning off of? has sentry ever ran superfast? no, he hasn't. why the hell would he consider he can fly superfast.

and marvel has mostly slowpokes, so the writers can't really play up sentry's speed in fights as it would be too one-sided imo.

bbrem123
has sentry ever ran superfast? no, he hasn't. why the hell would he consider he can fly superfast.

and marvel has mostly slowpokes, so the writers can't really play up sentry's speed in fights as it would be too one-sided imo.

agreed...he has shown that he can move at extreme speeds and stop on a dime multiple times

here are some speed feats

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/4633/hulk0811.jpg

looks like he ran here
http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/1586/sentry06oroboros003.jpg

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/2217/darkavengers002pg20.jpg

JakeTheBank
has sentry ever ran superfast? no, he hasn't. why the hell would he consider he can fly superfast.

Which is what I'm saying here. Thor, as we all know, has multiple instances of fighting exactly like how the OP stipulated, whereas Sentry has no such gauge and no experience to speak of. Him being physically superior in some aspects - and it's not enough to overwhelm Thor completely - is countered by Thor actually knowing how to fight and fight well without Mjolnir if need be. So any relevant Sentry speed feats that are as close to what the OP wants would be helpful in determining how Sentry handles or would conduct himself during a straight up fist fight.

Not really, at least not imo; if they wanted Sentry to be this insanely fast person outside of travel speed, they could. As is, he was shown to barely be able to out maneuver Extremis Iron Man during his "classic" era.

bbrem123
Which is what I'm saying here. Thor, as we all know, has multiple instances of fighting exactly like how the OP stipulated, whereas Sentry has no such gauge and no experience to speak of. Him being physically superior in some aspects - and it's not enough to overwhelm Thor completely - is countered by Thor actually knowing how to fight and fight well without Mjolnir if need be. So any relevant Sentry speed feats that are as close to what the OP wants would be helpful in determining how Sentry handles or would conduct himself during a straight up fist fight.

Not really, at least not imo; if they wanted Sentry to be this insanely fast person outside of travel speed, they could. As is, he was shown to barely be able to out maneuver Extremis Iron Man during his "classic" era.

i guess it is pure speculation on how sentry would fight in a pure fist fight

Omega Vision
Originally posted by bbrem123

looks like he ran here
http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/1586/sentry06oroboros003.jpg

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/2217/darkavengers002pg20.jpg
You could argue the first scan is him running, but I'd argue its ambiguous either way.

The second scan is clearly him flying though, but I'm not sure if you were arguing that point there or not.

bbrem123
Originally posted by Omega Vision
You could argue the first scan is him running, but I'd argue its ambiguous either way.

The second scan is clearly him flying though, but I'm not sure if you were arguing that point there or not.

i agree with u on the first one

and no i was just showing his overall speed in the other...her head was off before she even knew sentry moved

Rage.Of.Olympus
yeah, because we all know speed plays a trivial role in fights between otherwise pretty equally matched combatants right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

In comics, speed rarely wins the match between equals unless it's a very specific speed oriented showing or we're dealing with a speedster.

he still is a bulletcatcher at the very least

For the record, Thor is on that level as well. His knocked bullets out of the air, blocked close point blank shots and so on.

Other Asgardians such as Balder, Valkyrie and Masterson have better bullet based speed feats though.

CosmicComet
In comics, speed rarely wins the match between equals unless it's a very specific speed oriented showing or we're dealing with a speedster.

This is true, but isn't the point of forum discussions to do away with limiting factors in comics?

cdtm

For the record, Thor is on that level as well. His knocked bullets out of the air, blocked close point blank shots and so on.

Other Asgardians such as Balder, Valkyrie and Masterson have better bullet based speed feats though.

Isn't that by spinning his hammer really fast though?

That's different from Daredevil deflecting them with his baton.

CosmicComet
He's caught shells from tanks casually.

And I'm pretty sure that stuff travels far faster than a bullet. Though to be fair they are a fair bit larger than bullets too. So that may even it out.

Rage.Of.Olympus
This is true, but isn't the point of forum discussions to do away with limiting factors in comics?

You can only go so far before you start warping the characters your debating for.

Isn't that by spinning his hammer really fast though?

That's different from Daredevil deflecting them with his baton.

I'm referring to scenes where he didn't create the usual spinning hammer barrier.

quanchi112

Other Asgardians such as Balder, Valkyrie and Masterson have better bullet based speed feats though. Thor can't move like Sentry nor has he been shown able to react as quickly as the Sentry has when not even on the page with ease.

Sentry is far faster than Thor. It's not even up for debate.

cdtm

Yes, they attempt to.

Objectively speaking, non speedsters tagging Superman isn't any more stupid then anyone hurting anyone with punch's who's ever tanked a black hole, though........

No matter how much forum's try and make fights fair and free of PIS, it'll always be a flawed science, because the very nature of comics is an exercise in creating PIS...

Hence, Slade catching Flash is universally ruled PIS because of Flashes speed. While Punisher tagging Cassandra Cain with a punch is also ruled PIS, because Cass can outrun bullets...

Never mind that a human, no matter how they're trained, simply can't do that, so you can as easily argue that the bullets are jobbing every single time they miss their target, and Punisher tagging Cass makes more sense...

But yeah, that's the nature of comic book debates, selectively declaring what makes sense and what's PIS, when it's ALL shit for our entertainment in the end, science be damned...

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor can't move like Sentry nor has he been shown able to react as quickly as the Sentry has when not even on the page with ease.

Sentry is far faster than Thor. It's not even up for debate.

I thought I made it incredibly clear that Sentry has the superior speed in my book but apparently you lack the comprehension to determine that.

What is Sentry's best reaction feat? It better be something pretty impressive to claim he's far faster than Thor.

While we're on the topic, remember when Thor struck Sentry before he could land a blow despite being in the less advantageous position:
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/DefeatsSentry1.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/DefeatsSentry2.jpg

mhmm

I'll be back in an hour. Black Ops time.

quanchi112
I thought I made it incredibly clear that Sentry has the superior speed in my book but apparently you lack the comprehension to determine that.

What is Sentry's best reaction feat? It better be something pretty impressive to claim he's far faster than Thor.

While we're on the topic, remember when Thor struck Sentry before he could land a blow despite being in the less advantageous position:

mhmm

I'll be back in an hour. Black Ops time. You aren't fooling anyone with your posts. Catching a punisher bullet while not even around or beheading morgana comes to mind.

Sentry was standing around in siege letting people hit him. He let ares stick him with an axe though it didn't much less of anything.

Thor has the reflexes to fight quicker guys but the sentry is far faster make no doubt about it.

The funny thing is Thor sat there while norman told him they were going to hammer in without attacking first. Thor is a battle tested warrior with reflexes to fight guys with speed but he isn't anywhere near as fast as they are combat wise.

Mindset
Sentry can't fly in this fight, Quan.

~The Wickerman~
You aren't fooling anyone with your posts. Catching a punisher bullet while not even around or beheading morgana comes to mind.

Sentry was standing around in siege letting people hit him. He let ares stick him with an axe though it didn't much less of anything.

Thor has the reflexes to fight quicker guys but the sentry is far faster make no doubt about it.

The funny thing is Thor sat there while norman told him they were going to hammer in without attacking first. Thor is a battle tested warrior with reflexes to fight guys with speed but he isn't anywhere near as fast as they are combat wise.

Quan's right, Thor would mop the floor with Sentry. thumb up

Well said, Sir. thumb up

bbrem123

mhmm

I'll be back in an hour. Black Ops time.

wait what? all i see is thor got smashed then sentry is not attacking at all after the initial hit

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mindset
Sentry can't fly in this fight, Quan. He doesn't have to.Originally posted by ~The Wickerman~
Quan's right, Thor would mop the floor with Sentry. thumb up

Well said, Sir. thumb up Sentry already showed he's simply beyond Thor and an avengers threat. Thor couldn't dream of beating him on his own without the character allowing him to with the aid of a team.

Rage.Of.Olympus
You aren't fooling anyone with your posts. Catching a punisher bullet while not even around or beheading morgana comes to mind.

So me admitting that Sentry should be faster -at least movement wise- was all some kind of ploy? You're an idiot.

There's no flying in this battle -unless you want me to mention some flight oriented speed feats for Thor- and those don't prove Sentry's far faster than Thor.

I don't care what the Void influenced Sentry did. Reynolds was about to strike and the Odinson got the blow in first.

What? Good, so we agree that Thor wins.

I'll finish this later.

quanchi112
So me admitting that Sentry should be faster -at least movement wise- was all some kind of ploy? You're an idiot.

There's no flying in this battle -unless you want me to mention some flight oriented speed feats for Thor- and those don't prove Sentry's far faster than Thor.

I don't care what the Void influenced Sentry did. Reynolds was about to strike and the Odinson got the blow in first.

What? Good, so we agree that Thor wins.

I'll finish this later. So you think Sentry can't move fast on his own just fly fast ? You calling someone else an idiot is kind of amusing considering you're not even a true Thor fan but a superman fan in disguise.

Thor's not faster than the sentry so please enough with it. Sentry tackled Thor and let Thor hit him. What else do you see ? Di dyou think Sentry was avoiding ares attacks or anyone's lately in dark avengers or siege ?

Sentry wins. More powerful, more durable, and faster.

We saw what savage hulk did to Thor's face after he tossed his hammer. Poor guy was beat up.

carver9
So you think Sentry can't move fast on his own just fly fast ? You calling someone else an idiot is kind of amusing considering you're not even a true Thor fan but a superman fan in disguise.

Thor's not faster than the sentry so please enough with it. Sentry tackled Thor and let Thor hit him. What else do you see ? Di dyou think Sentry was avoiding ares attacks or anyone's lately in dark avengers or siege ?

Sentry wins. More powerful, more durable, and faster.

We saw what savage hulk did to Thor's face after he tossed his hammer. Poor guy was beat up.

I agree, he is more of a Supes fan than a Thor fan. I always had that assumption about Rage.

Spire
Sentry.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.