Whose the best Superman copy of all?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
Hyperion-original
Hyperion-supreme power
King Hyperion
Gladiator
Sentry
Supreme
Majestic
Count Nefaria

Please fell free to add anyone that I may've missed.

Mindset
Sentry isn't really a Superman copy.

lawest9
Originally posted by Mindset
Sentry isn't really a Superman copy. He's close enough, Believe me, They later instilled in him a few other powers not generally found in Supes to offset the matter, But from the beginning he was and is very much a Supes copy!

Mindset
Nope.

lawest9
Nope. Yeap.

Colossus-Big C
in terms of what?

Batman-Prime
You forgot
Captain Marvel (DC)
Omni-Man
Apollo
Icon
Son-Goku shifty
Mon-El
Marvelman
MeteorMan
Samaritan
Martian Manhunter?

And I'm sure that's not all

Interesting enough. There just two copies of Batman out there, TOAA and the Presence.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
in terms of what? Appereance, but that's it.

Hyperion Prime
Goku
King hyperion
gladiator

Omega Vision
Early Sentry filled the same niche in Marvel on his retcon introduction as Superman fills in DC: an iconic hero who was considered to be the most powerful hero by many and looked up to by virtually everyone, like what you'd get if you crossed Thor with Captain America.

I agree, later on Sentry wasn't anymore a Superman-clone than Captain Marvel is.

lawest9
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
You forgot
Captain Marvel (DC)
Omni-Man
Apollo
Icon
Son-Goku shifty
Mon-El
Marvelman
MeteorMan
Samaritan

Martian Manhunter? Well as I've said, Add anyone I may have forgotten.

But I don't consider Captain Marvel or Martian Manhunter are not Supes clones in my opinion as Billy doesn't have some of the other powers that Clark do and some that Cark don't, MM was made from the beginning to have many powers that supes don't.

Mon-el from the outset was made to be directly affiliated with supes as his brother, which turned out not to be true and is a partial stable in the superman mythos, Which is why I didn't include him, I DID forget Apollo, and am not familiar with the others you've named.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Early Sentry filled the same niche in Marvel on his retcon introduction as Superman fills in DC: an iconic hero who was considered to be the most powerful hero by many and looked up to by virtually everyone, like what you'd get if you crossed Thor with Captain America.

I agree, later on Sentry wasn't anymore a Superman-clone than Captain Marvel is.

But both started as clones, so. CM 100% that's why they lost the copyright infringement suit .

lawest9

I agree, later on Sentry wasn't anymore a Superman-clone than Captain Marvel is. I agree.

Mindset
So you agree Sentry isn't a Supes clone.

Good.

marwash22
some of these people are better. biscuits

dmills
Originally posted by lawest9
Hyperion-original
Hyperion-supreme power
King Hyperion
Gladiator
Sentry
Supreme
Majestic
Count Nefaria

Please fell free to add anyone that I may've missed. The Plutonian.

Harbinger
Majestic.

CosmicComet
But both started as clones, so. CM 100% that's why they lost the copyright infringement suit .

No, they did not lose the suit actually.

Fawcett sold the rights eventually because profit in comics was waning and it wasn't worth the continued cost of litigation with DC.

CM is no clone. He came out a year later and is more like pepsi to coca cola. An alternative.

dmills
Originally posted by Harbinger
Majestic is an upgrade.

thumb up

Colossus-Big C
Captain marvel is no way a clone to superman

celeyhyga17
You forgot
Captain Marvel (DC)
Omni-Man
Apollo
Icon
Son-Goku shifty
Mon-El
Marvelman
MeteorMan
Samaritan
Martian Manhunter?

Interesting enough. There just two copies of Batman out there, TOAA and the Presence.

CM ain't no clone.. For one CM flew before Supes did...

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
CM ain't no clone.. For one CM flew before Supes did...

Exactly. Worst law suit in history!!!!! mad

Philosophía
laughing out loud

Sr J-Bieb
Superman is the best clone of Captain Marvel

Batman-Prime
Ok, Superman was there first the creator of CM should design a hero in Supes image, ie clone. It's nothing wrong with it. Supes borrowed the flying from CM later. So anyway.

CM is the best copy of all?^^

zeel
You forgot
Captain Marvel (DC)
Omni-Man
Apollo
Icon
Son-Goku shifty
Mon-El
Marvelman
MeteorMan
Samaritan
Martian Manhunter?

captian marvel is not really a copy of superman, D.C. supes got most his ideas from captian marvel of fawcett comics and thats a fact.

majestic to me is the best copy though i do believe.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by zeel
captian marvel is not really a copy of superman, D.C. supes got most his ideas from captian marvel of fawcett comics and thats a fact.

majestic to me is the best copy though i do believe.

Superman: Cape, secret identity, Invulnerability, Superstrength, Speed
CM: the same + flying instead of Jumping

Now, tell me about the ideas, except of flying (instead of jumping), he took from cm? Most is a bold word, anyway. ^^

Waiting for the FACTS. wink

zeel
Superman: Cape, secret identity, Invulnerability, Superstrength, Speed
CM: the same + flying instead of Jumping

Now, tell me about the ideas, except of flying (instead of jumping), he took from cm? Most is a bold word, anyway. ^^

superman did nothing more then dodge bullets and had spiderman type strength. he was esentially a enhansed human. Marvel was a demi god or lesser god. Big diffrence.

Captian marvel had god like strength, could travel the speed of light, and could fly. Superman copied marvel thats a fact. The only thing marvel copied was the cape.

superman was more like a beefy captian america with no shield. SUpes is the original superhero that i respect but to say marvel is a clone of supes is retarded. They both got ideas from each other and D.C. had more money on hand and thats why supes is in the position hes in now and marvel is on the sidelines. where ya think think they got lex luthor.....cough DR sivana. Both evil bald villans.

D.C also copied mary marvel and freddy freeman with superboy and supergirl. the marvels were out over 10 years previous.

Superboy is a copy of freddy freeman, supergirl is a copy of mary marvel and lex luthor is a copy of dr. sivana.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by zeel
superman did nothing more then dodge bullets and had spiderman type strength. he was esentially a enhansed human. Marvel was a demi god or lesser god. Big diffrence.

Captian marvel had god like strength, could travel the speed of light, and could fly. Superman copied marvel thats a fact. The only thing marvel copied was the cape.

superman was more like a beefy captian america with no shield. SUpes is the original superhero that i respect but to say marvel is a clone of supes is retarded. They both got ideas from each other and D.C. had more money on hand and thats why supes is in the position hes in now and marvel is on the sidelines.

Reread Action Comics #1 please and after that reread Whiz Comic #2.

Oh boy.

As for Lex Luthor and the idea, it's a mix but originally it came most likely from http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/34/Reign_of_the_Superman.jpg

shokosugi
Captain marvel is no way a clone to superman

Superman = created in 1932

CM = 1939

Uriel005
In terms of power or who comes off as a straight up knockoff of superman.

Philosophía
Waiting for the FACTS. wink

Here they are:

Now stop arguing with idiots.

Batman-Prime

zeel
Superman 1932
captian marvel 1939
superboy 1940
freddyfreeman 1941
supergirl 1959
mary marvel 1942
Dr sivana feb 1940
lex luthor 1940 april

superman was copied by captian marvel, then superman copied captian marvel, then superboy came out and was copied but freddy freeman. later dr sivana comes out then a few months later comes lex luthor. just after this comes mary marvel to be followed up by supergirl almost 2 decades later.

Lets just say everyone copied everyone and the superman franchise came out on top due to money reasons.

Batman-Prime
Must...resist....or...Philosophia...will...be...angry....argh

tkitna
Supreme

cdtm
Prime. evil face

Diesldude
BIZARRO.

rotiart
Originally posted by lawest9
He's close enough, Believe me, They later instilled in him a few other powers not generally found in Supes to offset the matter, But from the beginning he was and is very much a Supes copy!

I don't believe you.

Endless Mike
Powdered Toast Man

JakeTheBank
Captain Marvel isn't a Superman copy. DC sued because Cap was kicking their ass sales wise and got butt hurt over it.

Sin I AM
captain planet...................self righteous bastard

cdtm
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Captain Marvel isn't a Superman copy. DC sued because Cap was kicking their ass sales wise and got butt hurt over it.

He's not an exact clone, but clearly based on him...

And now we have Gladiator, Majestic, and so many characters that are much more obvious clones..

Kind of puts into perspective how arbitrarily broken the ip protection laws really are.

shokosugi

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by cdtm
He's not an exact clone, but clearly based on him...

And now we have Gladiator, Majestic, and so many characters that are much more obvious clones..

Kind of puts into perspective how arbitrarily broken the ip protection laws really are.

How clearly is clearly? He's not a clone, period.

He has super strength, super speed, flight (which he did first), invulnerability (to a greater degree than Superman did originally). Cap also pioneered the "family" aspect of superheros with the Marvel Family and introduced Dr. Sivana first, a precursor to Lex Luthor.

Billy Batson's origin is nothing like Clark's. Neither is their source of power, their overall book's themes, etc.

It was an attempt by DC to beat the competition and Fawcett settled rather than whittle away their money fighting in court.

I don't see how anyone can honestly look at Captain Marvel and think he's a copy of Superman when he's radically different when you get right down to it.

JakeTheBank

shokosugi
You can quote Wikipedia? Cool? thumb up

SCHOOLED

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by shokosugi
SCHOOLED

I believe you mean:

"Superman wins."

shokosugi
I believe you mean:

"Superman wins."

OWNED

JakeTheBank
OWNED

Yes, you generally are on a regular basis.

Mindset
shoko seems confused.

cdtm

He has super strength, super speed, flight (which he did first), invulnerability (to a greater degree than Superman did originally). Cap also pioneered the "family" aspect of superheros with the Marvel Family and introduced Dr. Sivana first, a precursor to Lex Luthor.

Billy Batson's origin is nothing like Clark's. Neither is their source of power, their overall book's themes, etc.

It was an attempt by DC to beat the competition and Fawcett settled rather than whittle away their money fighting in court.

I don't see how anyone can honestly look at Captain Marvel and think he's a copy of Superman when he's radically different when you get right down to it.

He's a different take on the character. Just like Green Arrow was intended to be a different take on Batman.

That doesn't devalue the character.

Mindset
I'll devalue your face with my fists, boy! sneer

shokosugi

BUTTHURT

Omega Vision
Jake, if you keep talking to it like that it might get to thinking its people.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by cdtm
He's a different take on the character. Just like Green Arrow was intended to be a different take on Batman.

That doesn't devalue the character.

Green Arrow has more similarities to Batman than Cap does to Superman, tbh.

Cap at his core is really nothing like Superman outside of shared physical attributes and being a good guy. At least that's how I see it when you look into the character's history and cast of characters and the stories he's been in.

JakeTheBank
BUTTHURT

Yeah, like I said, DC comics was butt hurt due to Cap outselling Superman titles which was what spurred them on to sue Fawcett. smile

I'm glad you've displayed the ability of recollection.

JakeTheBank
Jake, if you keep talking to it like that it might get to thinking its people.

Aw, shit I've contributed to it gaining sentience!

shokosugi
Yeah, like I said, DC comics was butt hurt due to Cap outselling Superman titles which was what spurred them on to sue Fawcett. smile

I'm glad you've displayed the ability of recollection.

BUTTF$%CKED

JakeTheBank
BUTTF$%CKED

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/umad.jpg

shokosugi
http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/umad.jpg

PROJECTING

Damborgson
Jake, if you keep talking to it like that it might get to thinking its people. laughing laughing laughing

Mindset
I love you shoko, now bend over.

psycho gundam
DISGUSTING

carver9
I love you shoko, now bend over.

laughing out loud

Q99
Probably none of you know Agent M aka "Miracle" from Fred Perry's Gold Digger, but he's a pretty awesome one. Flying brick with, instead of heat vision or speed, the ability to briefly stop time, allowing him to show up 'like a Miracle'.

Who got tired of the level of destruction villains-targeting-heroes did, and so after a public career, switched tactics and began heroing anonymously.

Batman-Prime

Since in the beginning Superman had only Superstrength, leaping, invulnerability, superspeed and CM was based after him, with the same powers, he is the earliest clone, even designed to be one. Superman got his more exotic powers later.

D-Block
You forgot
Captain Marvel (DC)
Omni-Man
Apollo
Icon
Son-Goku shifty
Mon-El
Marvelman
MeteorMan
Samaritan
Martian Manhunter?

Captain Marvel is not a Supes copy He did plenty of things before supes could.

Allankles
Copy/clone seem like derogatory terms to describe CM but he was created off of the Superman template. Thus making him a "clone" in a broad sense, especially given how unique that template was at the time for/in comics.

leonidas
Originally posted by Allankles
Copy/clone seem like derogatory terms to describe CM but he was created off of the Superman template. Thus making him a "clone" in a broad sense, especially given how unique that template was at the time for/in comics.

yep. smile

Don Corleone
Ultraman ?

zeel

exactly.

Colossus-Big C
a clone is usually not cooler than the original, there fore captain marvel is not clone

Omega Vision
a clone is usually not cooler than the original, there fore captain marvel is not clone
Lulz.

Brushing past your obvious and well-catalogued hatred for Superman, I'd present Mister Majestic as a counter-example.

Mister Majestic is cooler than Superman (I still think Superman is the better character) but he is still a blatant clone.

Colossus-Big C
so is supreme a superman or captain marvel clone? or both?Supreme

Supreme is a Captain Marvel clone

Omega Vision
so is supreme a superman or captain marvel clone? or both?
Superman. Obviously.

Alan Moore's run had a ton of homages to Silver Age Superman adventures and characters.

Colossus-Big C
check the pics

Omega Vision
check the pics
Okay and?

Same artist and a similar cape doesn't mean he was a Captain Marvel clone.

If you'd read even a single Supreme comic you'd realize that.

Colossus-Big C
he is superman clone but his character design is a clone of captain marvels

Omega Vision
he is superman clone but his character design is a clone of captain marvels
And Captain Marvel's design was a clone of Superman...

Colossus-Big C
doubt it

Sr J-Bieb
More like Beta Vision after Colossus BIG C drops the doubt card on you

Endless Mike
My answer is still the best rock

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
More like Beta Vision after Colossus BIG C drops the doubt card on you
If we're going by pack dynamics, a Beta is actually a step up from an Omega...so thanks Colossus doped

Batman-Prime
Ok the best clone is CM... if you don't see him as a clone it would be Mr. Majestic and/or Gladiator. I like Glads because he has a really different look with his skin and haricut ^^.

Zack Fair
Captain Marvel is the best Superman clone.

Captain Marvel is still awesome as all hell.

Philosophía
I'm having a hearty laugh at people's arguments for why Captain Marvel is not a Superman clone.

I guess I'll create a character that is copy/pasted off Spiderman, only he's a cameraman and slightly different age. Once Marvel implements the cameraman changes to Spiderman (instead of photographer - big leap (shifty), right?), I'll have a valid case for why he's not a rip-off, because, well, I guess it makes sense, no?

It's easier to modify an excellent ideea, than to come up with it yourself. It still doesn't make you anything less than a rip-off. smile

Sin I AM
who cares? the superman archetype is ghey anyway...norrins early quests for Shalla-Bal was much more nteresting

Colossus-Big C

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Sin I AM
who cares? the superman archetype is ghey anyway...norrins early quests for Shalla-Bal was much more nteresting

You know, everyone has his/her opinion...and your opinion sucks.

Colossus-Big C
his opinion is fact, the superman archetype is indeed ghey

StiltmanFTW
Sin is a girl, CBC stick out tongue

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Sin is a girl, CBC stick out tongue

CBC is a girl too, at least he behaves like one wink

StiltmanFTW
CBC is a girl too, at least he behaves like one wink

A blonde for sure.

Hyperion Prime
Captain Marvel is superior to Superman. They were butthurt that's why they sued. he is right. Mary marvel is greater than Supergirl to.....but not Powergirl. smile

Philosophía
you dumb smile You retarded, but not in a funny wayy.

No fun trolls, don't last very long.

You gonna get banned eventually.

smile

cdtm
you dumb smile

*Cough*

leonidas
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Captain Marvel is the best Superman clone.

Captain Marvel is still awesome as all hell.

clearly. the archetype has been repeated ad naseum. the best ones are the ones who STILL manage to distinguish themselves. not sure if anyone mentioned marvelman. supreme was kinda cool briefly, but got ridiculous. glads was a parody who only recently has started to kind of come into his own. i thought majestic was pretty cool, but, like glads, and even supreme to an extent, they became nearly anti-supermen in terms of personality. hyperion was a pretty weak clone i always thought, very non-descript. i actually liked prime. a little different, but it sort of worked for me. sentry had some promise. not sure he did or ever will live up to it. when the original is so iconic, it's really hard to look at what followed and not see it for what it is. erm

batdude123

You're trolling, right?

psycho gundam
son goku easily

shokosugi
Superman = Michael Jordan = The BEST EVER

Captain Marvel = Kobe Bryant = Good but will never EVER be the BEST

Sentry = Lebron James = Good but LAME

Superboy Prime = Derrick Rose = explosive mother f'er but performance is not consistent

Gladiator = Dwayne Wayde = Good but gets owned alot to be great

cdtm

Superboy Prime = Derrick Rose = explosive mother f'er but performance is not consistent

No Shaq?

psycho gundam
don't encourage him

Hyperion Prime

Lame laughing

Also SBP>>>Superman

JakeTheBank

http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac170/kmt_1990/blank-face.gif

Zack Fair
I still wonder why SBP is in it given he IS a superman >_>

lawest9
??????????????????????????????????

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.