Who is DC's Sebatian Shaw?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
Who in dc cancels out sebastian or gives him a good fight? Similar power set or otherwise.

-K-M-
Turtle?

Mindset
Batman

Scoobless
Damage? (actually, I'm not totally sure what his powers are)

Q99
Originally posted by Scoobless
Damage? (actually, I'm not totally sure what his powers are)

He makes things explode. As well as having boosted stats (strength and toughness in the class 25 range or so, high reflexes and speed, etc.).

Grant was the son of the original JSA Atom (the one with strength, not one of the shrinkers) with the DNA of a buncha other heroes spliced into him. In short, he was made to be a super super, with whole tons of power that could hypothetically be used for lots of purposes, but mostly lacks the ability to use it for more than basic ones, with 'explosion' being the easiest of all.

carver9
Sebastian has no equals in DC (basically no copies). Written to his full potential, Sebastian should be unstoppable and he knows this, that's why he has the cocky attitude he has. Everyone should be treated like he treated classic Rogue on the Xmen cartoon when they fought each other.

The sad thing is, he doesn't show this potential in comics.

Q99
He can get overloaded, if with great difficulty.

carver9
Originally posted by Q99
He can get overloaded, if with great difficulty.

But whoever he is fighting, he should be able to take them out before getting overloaded since all of his stats increase.

KingD19
There are people out there who can overload him in a relatively short time if written correctly. You can't honestly think Shaw can just amp to fight anyone.

carver9
Originally posted by KingD19
There are people out there who can overload him in a relatively short time if written correctly. You can't honestly think Shaw can just amp to fight anyone.

Possibly could. What's his limits? Who has overloaded him? I heard Magneto did but what did Magneto do to over load him and if that was the case, it could have been more of a low showing for Sebastian.

KingD19
He has no established limits. But lots of characters don't have limits on paper, but very clearly do in the comics. And Magneto overloaded him by dropping barrels on him.

I don't read Shaw much, but to say that he can amp fast enough without overloading to fight people who would obviously demolish him...I think it's called a no-limits fallacy or something.

carver9
He has no established limits. But lots of characters don't have limits on paper, but very clearly do in the comics. And Magneto overloaded him by dropping barrels on him.

I don't read Shaw much, but to say that he can amp fast enough without overloading to fight people who would obviously demolish him...I think it's called a no-limits fallacy or something.

I don't think he can beat "everyone" but being capable of absorbing kinetic energy is one of the best physical powers to have... he "should" be unstoppable.

Eon Blue
Originally posted by carver9
I don't think he can beat "everyone" but being capable of absorbing kinetic energy is one of the best physical powers to have... he "should" be unstoppable.

No

Prep-Man
The batkick would kill him.

Eon Blue
Originally posted by Prep-Man
The batkick would kill him.

This is true.

KingD19
See, he has no established limits, but it's clear he can be overloaded. By something as mundane as barrels dropping on his head. On the other hand, you've got this guy http://marvel.wikia.com/Maelstrom who is at a level Shaw isn't even allowed to dream about.

He was taking full on punches from Thor with no problems.

I figure a punch or two from Thor would overload Sebastian.

-Pr-
You can't apply a no limits thing to him just because he hasn't had one stated. He's been beaten by people who could get around his powers, so it's not like he's going to be a herald buster any time soon.

KingD19
Originally posted by -Pr-
You can't apply a no limits thing to him just because he hasn't had one stated. He's been beaten by people who could get around his powers, so it's not like he's going to be a herald buster any time soon.

Yeah Carver...listen to the man. cool

carver9
Yeah Carver...listen to the man. cool

A** kisser. mad

wink

KingD19
I prefer to call it....something other than ass kissing which I can't think of at 5am, lol.

Prep-Man
Watch out! Carver mad!

carver9
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Watch out! Carver mad!

You see... comments like this is the main reason you are not getting those Thor feats.

evil face

Prep-Man
sad

Scoobless
Shaw was KOd by falling from high altitude during one of the X-Men's fights against Nimrod. He definitely has limits.

-Pr-
You see... comments like this is the main reason you are not getting those Thor feats.

evil face

You read Thor?

YoungGunna
Vandal Savage

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
You read Thor?

laughing laughing

Imma let this slide Pr. confused

Its very rare that I do that, so please celebrate.

Tazer
Yo.

Sebastian has no equals in DC (basically no copies). Written to his full potential, Sebastian should be unstoppable and he knows this, that's why he has the cocky attitude he has. Everyone should be treated like he treated classic Rogue on the Xmen cartoon when they fought each other.

The sad thing is, he doesn't show this potential in comics.

I was actually gonna agree, but I remember about a decade or so ago during DCs atrocious "JL(fill in the A to mean anything)" -summer event there was a woman who displayed the same ability as Shaw, but I dont recall her name and I dont think I could get my hands on the comic either......

HOWEVER, thinking about her lead me to remember there *IS* another person in their stable of characters which would be his equal, and prolly fit the bill for "Sebastian Shaw written correctly": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winter_(comics)

big grin

Tazer

Q99
Hm... Judomaster comes to mind as having an ability that makes physically beating her rather difficult for non-standard reasons.

Scoobless
Did a search, never heard of this guy before: "Freight Train"

http://www.comicvine.com/freight-train/29-23073/

Seems to have the same powers as Shaw.

psycho gundam
lol, marvel copyrighted all the cool names

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Scoobless
Did a search, never heard of this guy before: "Freight Train"

http://www.comicvine.com/freight-train/29-23073/

Seems to have the same powers as Shaw.

Forgot about him. He recently game Shaggy Man a good fight.

Q99
Oh yea, he's new.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.