Thor & Hercules Vs Real life earth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
would we be able to take them down?

thot has a hammer but is just a brick liker hercules here

JakeTheBank
We lose.

Sr J-Bieb
Stephen Hawking mindrapes them

Batman-Prime
Sure, we have the real Batman here, with prep he would take them down.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
We lose. how?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
how?

What could we do to stop them realistically?

Colossus-Big C
nuke, or send the worlds militart after them

AsbestosFlaygon
If we use nukes, we risk killing ourselves as well.

It probably wouldn't kill them anyway.

ankur29
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
If we use nukes, we risk killing ourselves as well.

It probably wouldn't kill them anyway.

thumb up

Don Corleone

Dont think Thor would make himself a stationary target for us to nuke.

Omega Vision
Our biggest nukes would give them minor burns at best.

LDHZenkai
Depends if they're immune to pathogens. We could always just use biological warfare.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by LDHZenkai
Depends if they're immune to pathogens. We could always just use biological warfare.
They are.

And germ warfare is rarely used because (1) its considered more insidious than nuclear warfare and (2) because it carries a great threat of backfiring.

Zack Fair
We come up with a plan to bfr them.

Thor has MJOLNIR but he is just being a brick with it right?

Omega Vision
Our best bet would be to somehow trick them into jumping out of orbit.

Don Corleone
I see the world leaders kneeling before Thor.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Our best bet would be to somehow trick them into jumping out of orbit. laughing

rotiart
I either Thor or Hercules punched the ground.. They could cause earthquakes and kill millions with a single punch.

Hyperion Prime
The military lets the world know about it's hidden superhero program and unleashes guys with Superman strength to fight those two.

(You know we probably have a hidden Mech program, Super hero program and weather control programsmile )

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
The military lets the world know about it's hidden superhero program and unleashes guys with Superman strength to fight those two.

(You know we probably have a hidden Mech program, Super hero program and weather control programsmile )
Probably not.

Mindset
The super hero program isn't a secret, bruce has been posting here for awhile.

Badabing
I solo. sneer

durthor durcules

Hyperion Prime
Probably not.

In reality you may think I am crazy, but I do think they have some kind of weather control going on. The mech and superhero program maybe.
With the new advances in DNA I don't why they would not be trying to make the ultimate human.

h1a8
The top armored piercing bullets shot by jets would end them both.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by h1a8

Are you saying real world bullets are greater than comic bullets?

That's one of those things like how a comic lion is inferior to a real world lion. (example DR. Doom, Batman beating lions.) In the real world they would be slaughtered.

Omega Vision
In reality you may think I am crazy, but I do think they have some kind of weather control going on. The mech and superhero program maybe.
With the new advances in DNA I don't why they would not be trying to make the ultimate human.
Anyone who knows the first thing about what DNA really is (and how maddeningly complex it is) knows that actual genetic science and the kind you see in movies are as different as actual radiation and radiation from 50s B-Movies.

facepalm

Armored piercing shells used by the guns of jets don't even pierce Main Battle Tank armor.

Lord_Talron
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Stephen Hawking mindrapes them the only correct answer to this thread.

JakeTheBank

Lol

Omega Vision
That was CBC level fail, H1.

cdtm
After world leaders surrender:

"There's some rebels hiding out in this ship! They have nukes, and lots of weapons! You'd better go get them!"

*Herc and Thor get launched into space ala Planet Hulk*

Lord_Talron
you're saying that they would be unable to react before they get in space?

JakeTheBank
Depends if "brick mode" Thor will fly and such with Mjolnir. If he does, it doesn't even matter anymore.

Colossus-Big C
The top armored piercing bullets shot by jets would end them both. im willing to wager colossus can tank those without any damage

Harbinger
I lol'd at weather control.

JakeTheBank
Lol, yes, we'll use weather control on Thor ftw.

cdtm
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
you're saying that they would be unable to react before they get in space?

"They're in a space station, at the edge of the solar system! We've prepared a ship for you!"

They won't know we have no space stations at the edge of the solar system. wink

cdtm
Can Thor fly or not?

Because, somehow trapping them is about the only realistic solution.

I'm thinking how they trapped the Hulk clone in Planetary, then waited a decade or two for it to die.

Although, it apparently couldn't leap.

Herc or Thor can't leap like Hulk, can they?

JakeTheBank
I believe Herc and Thor can both leap considerable distance due to their strength, and I know Thor for one leaped from the streets of New York to a high rise building rooftop. But no, not like the Hulk can.

h1a8

facepalm

Armored piercing shells used by the guns of jets don't even pierce Main Battle Tank armor. The bullets of jets aren't armored piercing. They are made of ordinary copper throughout.

That's one of those things like how a comic lion is inferior to a real world lion. (example DR. Doom, Batman beating lions.) In the real world they would be slaughtered. No. Today's top military armored piercing bullets can go through tank armor like tissue paper. It's in the technology of how the bullet is made. And fired from a jet moving faster than sound adds to the force of the bullet.

Omega Vision
The bullets of jets aren't armored piercing. They are made of ordinary copper throughout.

No. Today's top military armored piercing bullets can go through tank armor like tissue paper. It's in the technology of how the bullet is made. And fired from a jet moving faster than sound adds to the force of the bullet.
No they can't.

Apparently you know as much about the Real World as you do about comics.

Existere
im willing to wager colossus can tank those without any damage This is hilarious on two fronts: firstly, this thread has nothing to do with Colossus and you're ridiculous. Secondly, you're willing to wager? Let's say I take that bet. Now how do we make this happen?

We're talking about fictional characters. You realize that?

Harbinger
No they can't.

Lulz.

psycho gundam
No they can't.

Apparently you know as much about the Real World as you do about comics. i laughed for real there

this thread is a gem mine

bbrem123
No they can't.

hahaha...good laugh right there

marwash22
we all die, except for Rage... Thor will spare him.

Mindset
Originally posted by marwash22
we all die, except for Rage... Thor will spare him. For some love making.

FrothByte
Well worst case scenario and we really can't stop them, we can simply nuke whichever country they're in (hopefully they're in a small country).

Completely nuke the whole place (and yes killing millions... but like I said, worst case scenario).

And although I doubt the nukes will stop them, it will at least kill everything in that place, meaning they'll have no food to eat. Last time I checked they still need food to survive.

So unless they try to swim to another country (I assume Thor as a brick can't fly), then we just starve them out.

Scoobless
Gas them in their sleep.

big grin

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Existere
This is hilarious on two fronts: firstly, this thread has nothing to do with Colossus and you're ridiculous. Secondly, you're willing to wager? Let's say I take that bet. Now how do we make this happen?

We're talking about fictional characters. You realize that?

You need.

To calm down. Bruh.

There are times to pick on Colossus that can be construed as funny.

This was not one of them.

*hic*

Existere
Originally posted by CosmicComet
You need.

To calm down. Bruh.

*hic* ...nah

cdtm
...how about poison?

A lot of it. Make like a nice conquored people, and just keep giving them heaping piles of poison in their food until they don't wake up?

Or, keep feeding them McDonalds.

Mindset
Idk about Thor, but poison isn't doing anything to immortal Herc.

h1a8
No they can't.

Apparently you know as much about the Real World as you do about comics. You could be right though. I'm merely speculating somewhat.

I lightly studied ballistics in the past and learned that the impact velocity of a bullet is the biggest factor in penetration power.
That means with any bullet can penetrate tank steel provided that the velocity is sufficient. A jet moving at mach3 or faster shooting the lastest greatest armor piercing round can penetrate tank armor easily. This is mostly due to the insane amount of force needed just to stop a bullet this fast. Hell, many tanks possess armoring piercing rounds (HEAT or KE) that can penetrate most tanks already. There are only a few type of main battle tanks in existence that can withstand these attacks. But these tanks don't move as fast as jets do, as the reason I said SHOT FROM very fast jets.

Mindship
Herc gets distracted by Sarah Palin's legs; then steel-jacketed, depleted-uranium mach-7 railgun shots ftk.

Thor's tougher. We may have to get him to facepalm first by throwing Lindsay Lohan at him. Otherwise, Earth goes down before EMPs, tornado swarms, earthquakes and conflagrations.

Colossus-Big C
we could hurt them with plasma though, its hotter than the sun

inimalist

1000 times, yes!

not that I think they pose a threat to these two, but OMFG yes

No they can't.

it depends a great deal on the vehicle's armor and the round being fired

a .50 cal rifle bullet with something like a depleted uranium penetrator will pierce all but the most heavily armored vehicles

inimalist
the best bet is going to be something chemical, imho

given this is the real world, real world physics are going to apply to the molecules that hold Thor and Herc together, and it is potentially possible a chemical that burns or destroys these molecules could be invented.

it would be nearly impossible to hit them with it, and it would cause terrible casualties on Earth's side, but it would be the only thing imho that might legitimately take them down.

Omega Vision
You could be right though. I'm merely speculating somewhat.

I lightly studied ballistics in the past and learned that the impact velocity of a bullet is the biggest factor in penetration power.
That means with any bullet can penetrate tank steel provided that the velocity is sufficient. A jet moving at mach3 or faster shooting the lastest greatest armor piercing round can penetrate tank armor easily. This is mostly due to the insane amount of force needed just to stop a bullet this fast. Hell, many tanks possess armoring piercing rounds (HEAT or KE) that can penetrate most tanks already. There are only a few type of main battle tanks in existence that can withstand these attacks. But these tanks don't move as fast as jets do, as the reason I said SHOT FROM very fast jets.
Even assuming your ballistics maffs are any more reliable than the other crap you spew here, a jet can't effectively engage a grounded target like a tank at speeds anywhere close to Mach 2 with its guns, let alone Mach 3.

And tank guns are massively larger than guns mounted on jets.

Starscream M
Originally posted by inimalist

given this is the real world, real world physics are going to apply to the molecules that hold Thor and Herc together

no it wouldn't, dooderino. their very existence contradicts the real world physics.

inimalist
Originally posted by Starscream M
no it wouldn't, dooderino. their very existence contradicts the real world physics.

in that case I mind rape both of them

then normal rape...

~The Wickerman~

then normal rape...

I find this easy to masturbate to. thumb up

Hyperion Prime

then normal rape...

laughing out loud laughing out loud

h1a8
Even assuming your ballistics maffs are any more reliable than the other crap you spew here, a jet can't effectively engage a grounded target like a tank at speeds anywhere close to Mach 2 with its guns, let alone Mach 3.

And tank guns are massively larger than guns mounted on jets.

I think they can. Even so then it is still not impossible, especially with many of them acting at once.

Oh and I know tanks have larger guns but that doesn't mean much when they can only shoot armor piercing rounds only a little faster than a grounded fighter jet. There are some rare handguns that can shoot with higher velocities than some rifles.

rotiart
You need.

To calm down. Bruh.

*hic*

His post was fine.
Reading comprehension is a skill. Please learn it.

inimalist
Oh and I know tanks have larger guns but that doesn't mean much when they can only shoot armor piercing rounds only a little faster than a grounded fighter jet.

you are confusing the purpose of these munitions though.

A tank fires a huge shell for the purpose of taking out groups of infantry, other armour, or for siege. Jets fire small rounds meant to penetrate other jets (in fact, it is rare a plane would engage ground forces with its guns in any event. An F-23 is not an air-to-ground plane).

Not only is the cannon on a tank far more powerful than a gun on a jet, a tank is far sturdier/etc, and is therefore braced for all of its power.

There are some rare handguns that can shoot with higher velocities than some rifles.

not at comparable caliber I'd imagine. a .22 pistol isn't going to fire faster or farther than a .22 rifle, same with .50 cal. now, a .50 cal pistol might have more oomph than a .22 rifle, but that is apples and oranges.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by rotiart
His post was fine.

I'm afraid not. Not in the obvious comedic route that he wished to take, nor in a manner that adheres to the rules.

Yeah. You you're pretty bright aren't you?

rotiart
I'm afraid not. Not in the obvious comedic route that he wished to take, nor in a manner that adheres to the rules.

Yeah. You you're pretty bright aren't you?

Nice try with the spelling and grammar there... Lmao. Microsoft words auto checker can't help everyone. Lmao.

In comparison to someone pretending to be drunk on a web forum?
Lol. Yes.

illadelph12
Assuming they can't fly, if we were to entrap them in some kind of gelatenous adhesive material we could possibly immobilize them, if not outright put them down. There are some polymers that could be dumped on them to slow them down while further measures are deployed. I don't think conventional weapons like bullets/missiles/etc are our best bet. We'd have to think of containment tactics rather than lethal tactics.

psycho gundam
make them fight each other somehow

CosmicComet
Nice try with the spelling and grammar there... Lmao. Microsoft words auto checker can't help everyone. Lmao.

In comparison to someone pretending to be drunk on a web forum?
Lol. Yes.

I guess there's always the option of trying to be funny, when initial non sequitur attempts at intelligent condescension ends up face-planting.

I hope to read more fail from you in the future, thanks for the amusement. smile

rotiart
I guess there's always the option of trying to be funny, when initial non sequitur attempts at intelligent condescension ends up face-planting.

I hope to read more fail from you in the future, thanks for the amusement. smile

I feel amused at your ill-conceived attempts at taking a higher road. As if your indirect barbs are not plainly obvious and weakly apparent.

I'm glad you picked up a dictionary to at least present the appearance of an obtuse vocabulary. Thesaurus.com helping you much? Feel free to continue with the decomposed sewage you call responses and I shall be here to read them.

To quote Monty python: I fart! in your general direction!

quanchi112
The government drops me out of a helicopter and I solo.

CosmicComet
Oh, you do seem upset. As if I would attempt to actually hide anything from your gaze. No no. I don't have to be so direct, I clearly understood that you'd find me out if I presumed to think I could do so.

But, your current position does not follow. As were you not the same chap who brought forth the hobbled comprehension accusation that you could never hope to actually justify when backed into a corner? smile

Or can you? I'm still waiting. smile

Mindset
^Shut up.

We get Herc drunk then he starts fighting Thor.

Mindset
Originally posted by quanchi112
The government drops me out of a helicopter and I solo. You and delph dolo.

rotiart
1. Existere did not "pick on" colossus. He asked him to not bring up colossus for no reason.
2. The comic claim is valid as we cannot prove it.
3. You made the claim existere was attacking bigC
4. Your subsequent post has bad grammar.
5. At you: hahaha lol hahaha

6. Okay Mindset I'll stop. Obviously cosmiccomet has lost track of his own posts.

CosmicComet
1. Existere did not "pick on" colossus. He asked him to not bring up colossus for no reason.

Oh dear. I will ask you to read the name of the topic starter, the discussion topic he set up at hand, the kind of forum we are in, and then read Existere's post again.

To quote a wise man:

As for the rest. -snip-

More like that rotiart fellow has lost his feigned intellectual high ground and is bowing out yes? smile

rotiart
Oh dear. I will ask you to read the name of the topic starter, the discussion topic he set up at hand, the kind of forum we are in, and then read Existere's post again.

To quote a wise man:

As for the rest. -snip-

More like that rotiart fellow has lost his feigned intellectual high ground and is bowing out yes? smile

I'm glad then you were so intelligent so as to read the op that bigC himself posted which does not mention colossus....

And yet the thread starter suddenly brings him up...

And you act as if that suddenly changes the entire thread or the op?

You chose not to read any posts in the thread and are acting as if you did. So again. Learn to read. Seriously. Your (notice not you're) attempts are laughable.

Don Corleone

Is Thor allowed flight ?

h1a8
you are confusing the purpose of these munitions though.

A tank fires a huge shell for the purpose of taking out groups of infantry, other armour, or for siege. Jets fire small rounds meant to penetrate other jets (in fact, it is rare a plane would engage ground forces with its guns in any event. An F-23 is not an air-to-ground plane).

Not only is the cannon on a tank far more powerful than a gun on a jet, a tank is far sturdier/etc, and is therefore braced for all of its power.

not at comparable caliber I'd imagine. a .22 pistol isn't going to fire faster or farther than a .22 rifle, same with .50 cal. now, a .50 cal pistol might have more oomph than a .22 rifle, but that is apples and oranges.

No. Todays tanks use HEAT and KE to penetrate other tanks along with other type of ammo (like shells). These are not shells but bullets (well the KE looks like a dart).

Of course it depends on the caliber and other factors as well (like the actual technology). The velocity is far more important than the mass of a bullet since kinetic energy = .5mass x velocity^2. Doubling the mass doubles the kinetic energy but doubling the velocity quadruples the kinetic energy.

CosmicComet
I'm glad then you were so intelligent so as to read the op that bigC himself posted which does not mention colossus....

And yet the thread starter suddenly brings him up...

And you act as if that suddenly changes the entire thread or the op?

You chose not to read any posts in the thread and are acting as if you did.

Oh no. The point is I'm glad you are demonstrating your flaccid comprehension skills even more by not getting how the whole thing reads back into a pointless, unwarranted teasing of Big C.

I will break it down for you, very slowly and simply.

1. Big C is the creator of the thread. So he obviously knows the parameters.

2. H1 brings up a belief that armor piercing rounds can go through either Herc or Thor. Big C in a brief, harmless, tangentially related comment responds to this by stating he feels that Colossus, who he will openly admit is on a lower tier than either, would be able to tank those same bullets.

3. Existere responds to item 2. in an inflated manner that makes out as if item 1. somehow isn't the case. And makes aim at questioning his intelligence as if the brief comment Big C made was something radical in terms of tone in wording and inappropriateness to bring up within a comic book discussion thread, and as if Big C doesn't understand that fictional characters are being discussed (despite the discussion being in the very same area that was mentioned above). Not to mention the fact that Big C himself made this thread which is about Thor and Herc vs 'real life earth'. Which needless to say is already a clear demonstration of the parameters that Existere questioned as a barb towards Big C. smile

4. And here we are now. smile

Well, now that we know your last foothold is grasping for grammar superiority in desperation, that you don't have anything left to give. Sorry, you have failed. Until next time my dear idiot smile

Spire
Seal Team 6 ends one of them.

rotiart
Oh no. The point is I'm glad you are demonstrating your flaccid comprehension skills even more by not getting how the whole thing reads back into a pointless, unwarranted teasing of Big C.

I will break it down for you, very slowly and simply.

1. Big C is the creator of the thread. So he obviously knows the parameters.

2. H1 brings up a belief that armor piercing rounds can go through either Herc or Thor. Big C in a brief, harmless, tangentially related comment responds to this by stating he feels that Colossus, who he will openly admit is on a lower tier than either, would be able to tank those same bullets.

3. Existere responds to item 2. in an inflated manner that makes out as if item 1. somehow isn't the case. And makes aim at questioning his intelligence as if the brief comment Big C made was something radical in terms of tone in wording and inappropriateness to bring up within a comic book discussion thread, and as if Big C doesn't understand that fictional characters are being discussed (despite the discussion being in the very same area that was mentioned above). Not to mention the fact that Big C himself made this thread which is about Thor and Herc vs 'real life earth'. Which needless to say is already a clear demonstration of the parameters that Existere questioned as a barb towards Big C. smile

4. And here we are now. smile

Well, now that we know your last foothold is grasping for grammar superiority in desperation, that you don't have anything left to give. Sorry, you have failed. Until next time my dear idiot smile

Except that the comment prior mentions that both would fall to those bullets...
And bigC comments that he bets colossus would tank them...

That doesn't say he thinks colossus has a lesser durability but a greater one...

Again. U failed to read the posts in the manner as written. Thanks for playing the fool.

illadelph12
Smh...

Will ya'll muthaf*ckas get a room or something?

CosmicComet
Yeah. You've clearly lost. Aren't even reading what I say anymore.

It's ok man. I grant you clemency for your failure. I will forget it ever happened. smile

As always, I will cede to your greatness bruh. Taking my leave now. stick out tongue

rotiart
Originally posted by illadelph12
Smh...

Will ya'll muthaf*ckas get a room or something?

Only if I'm bought dinner first. Then I'll put out for you... :-P

rotiart
Yeah. You've clearly lost. Aren't even reading what I say anymore.

It's ok man. I grant you clemency for your failure. I will forget it ever happened. smile

As always, I will cede to your greatness bruh. Taking my leave now. stick out tongue

... Clearly... Lol... Glad to see you finally conceded.

inimalist
No. Todays tanks use HEAT and KE to penetrate other tanks along with other type of ammo (like shells). These are not shells but bullets (well the KE looks like a dart).

... which means what?

the round, whatever it might be, is still far heavier than a bullet from a plane, and serves a completely different purpose...

Of course it depends on the caliber and other factors as well (like the actual technology). The velocity is far more important than the mass of a bullet since kinetic energy = .5mass x velocity^2. Doubling the mass doubles the kinetic energy but doubling the velocity quadruples the kinetic energy.

sort of

when it comes to AP rounds, it is more about the density of the penetrator than anything else

I get that this is a bit like saying "the ignition system is more important than gas in starting a car", but the general design of an AP round is such that it requires an extremely dense core that will push through the armour, at high velocity. Velocity is important, clearly, but in terms of "what makes a good AP round", it is all in the penetrating core. It is why depleted uranium is so effective, it is incredibly dense, it has nothing to do with uranium being "high velocity".

with regards to tanks vs planes AP ability, there are a couple of issues. Planes aren't designed to engage ground targets with their guns primarily. air-to-air fighters (f-23) are designed to use their bullets to carve up enemy aircraft, air-to-ground fighters (X-35) are designed with large payloads in mind, and are far more effective with bombs and other munitions than they are with bullets (I don't even know if the X-35 has mounted guns...). Either of these type of plane engaging ground forces with bullets puts itself at a huge risk of some type of SAM attack, and if you have air superiority in the first place, you are a moron if you aren't using your artillery to take out enemy lines.

now, if you wanted to conduct some type of thought experiment, where the munition caliber between the tank and the plane were the same, but the power behind the projectile were unchanged, the tank would produce a far more powerful shot (a projectile of higher velocity) than would a plane. Even if we assume the same power behind the bullets (which would make the tank's design laughable... ie: this is not what tanks are designed for) the longer barrel of the tank would produce higher velocity and longer range shots than would a stationary plane mounted gun.

leonidas
nukes--multiple--would kill them but the cost would probably be too high. depending on the showings, it could potentially take quite a bit less than a nuke. thor also has superspeed which would be a biatch for the real world.

i've often wondered if a sniper with a high-calibre round could kill thor or herc with a bullet right through the eye. i also think some uber-poisons, in high enough doses, may have an effect. gas would as well, though if thor can use his hammer to spin he could dissipate it quickly enough.

Mindset
Can Immortal Herc be killed?

rotiart
Well ideally speaking Hercules was granted immortality by his father Zeus right? We assume Zeus is an immortal right? And Zeus has been killed..

I'd say yes though circumstances will probably be sketchy.

leonidas
Originally posted by Mindset
Can Immortal Herc be killed?

yeah, he can be killed, like zeus was, if there is enough damage done. not sure a high calibre bullet through the eye would do it, but it sure as hell would hurt.

inimalist
Originally posted by leonidas
yeah, he can be killed, like zeus was, if there is enough damage done. not sure a high calibre bullet through the eye would do it, but it sure as hell would hurt.

there is bone and tissue behind the eye before the brain, so even if the eye was a "weak point", it might only serve to blind them

Colossus-Big C
ares doesnt have flight

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by leonidas
yeah, he can be killed, like zeus was, if there is enough damage done. not sure a high calibre bullet through the eye would do it, but it sure as hell would hurt. if ares can survive multiple high caliber bullets to his brain(which destroyed his brain) and get up the next panel im pretty sure these guys can considering there alot more durable.

gogogadgetgo

know what? i think i agree with you. the movie "last action hero" comes to mind..where arnold swatenwhatthell was a movie action hero and was like invincible there. but when he passed through the movie thingy and came to the real world, he got his ass kicked.

Colossus-Big C
ares doesnt have flight i mean thor

h1a8
Another way would be to put these guys to sleep some kind of way (like a colorless and oderless knockout gas or something). Then put them in the strongest straight jackets (kevlar with dragon skin) reinforced by a 6 inch thick tungsten carbide cast straight jacket over the other. Then dump them both seperately into middle of their own 20ftx20ftx20ft bin of molten steel alloy. Then quickly cool it to solid. This should hold them until they die from starvation. They have no leverage in which to break free while 10ft of the strongest metal is surrounding them in every direction skin tight.

But the key to this all is putting them to sleep. I'm not sure whether these two are immune to the strongest sleep gases. After all both can get drunk.

Colossus-Big C
yea i read somewhere that it takes somewhere in the area of 1 Million Tons to physcially tear a 1 inch steel beam (no bending just flat out tearing/pulling it apart) so since real world physics apply people like superman or hercules would have trouble tearing a steel beam the size of an inch

who would of thought.....

(you guys can look it up if you dont believe me)

h1a8
yea i read somewhere that it takes somewhere in the area of 1 Million Tons to physcially tear a 1 inch steel beam (no bending just flat out tearing/pulling it apart) so since real world physics apply people like superman or hercules would have trouble tearing a steel beam the size of an inch

who would of thought.....

(you guys can look it up if you dont believe me)

Actually it is 1 million newtons (not tons).
1 million newtons = 112.4 tons of force.

So that type of steel (there are thousands of kinds) has a tensile strength (or TS) of 1550Mpa, which is stronger than the average type of steel.

Piano wire steel has a TS of about 2300Mpa.
So it would take about 167 tons of force to break a 1 in^2 piece.

The TS of kevlar is about 2757Mpa and thus it would take about 200 tons of force to break the same size piece.

Now in my post, after putting them to sleep, I offered up a 20ftx20ft (or 400ft^2) sized trap for them. So if we use the steel of your example above (1550Mpa) then it would take over 6 million tons to break. And for kelvar this size it, over 11 million tons to break. IMO, these two can't break these things in the position they would be in (straight jacket position). This is because they are not in a position where they use their maximum force (no leverage). And even putting their hands behind their backs would rob them of even more leverage. Just to be clear, if I can lift 200lb using all of my leverage then I probably can only muster up 30lb of force or less if I'm exerting against something in straight jacket position.

Note: the strongest substance known to man is Graphene. It has a tensile strength of 130,000Mpa which means it would take over 500 million tons of force to break a 400ft^2 sized piece. But Graphene is the most expensive thing known to man as well. It costs $1000 just for an amount the size of the cross section of a human hair.

JakeTheBank
The only problem is that millions of tons don't really mean anything to Thor and Hercules.

h1a8
The only problem is that millions of tons don't really mean anything to Thor and Hercules. You right. But at least they wouldn't be in a position to exert their full power as they would be handicapped and able to use a very small fraction of their power. We just hope that this small fraction is less than 6 millions tons or we would need a larger bin of steel lol. Or bury the bin many many ft beneath the Earth.

psycho gundam
watch videos of rampaging circus elephants and realize how asinine you're being.

DarkSaint85

'Thot' laughing out loud

Anyway, I don't think we have anything to stop them.

Putinbot1
Rail guns for the win.

https://youtu.be/-LMyzjaCdAQ

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Railgun

A lot less has put these two down. Oh and both have succumbed to alcohol and gases.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Rail guns for the win.

https://youtu.be/-LMyzjaCdAQ

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Railgun

A lot less has put these two down. Oh and both have succumbed to alcohol and gases.

From Wikipedia:

Nonetheless, you're right....a lot less has put them down.

carver9

THOT has a hammer but is just a brick

This is all I saw.

Wonder Man
We get Sasquatch and the Lock Ness Monster.
Lock Ness is as bad a** as Tanaraq.

Eon Blue
Originally posted by quanchi112
The government drops me out of a helicopter and I solo.

thumb up

h1a8
Team loses badly.

StiltmanFTW
The only problem is that millions of tons don't really mean anything to Thor and Hercules.

Which is why Thor struggled with a few tons tops when at 50% of his power...? laughing out loud

If we focus on their highest feats only... then even someone like Daredevil would pose a threat to the planet, simply staying out of the radar and assassinating world leaders one by one. Let's not be ridiculous.

https://tinyurl.com/yxuhrrfh

celeyhyga17
hysterical
Stilt replying to a dead man.

StiltmanFTW
shrug

I love kicking them when they're down.

StiltmanFTW
https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/11121/111216019/4655833-4481041-blackpanther08p12.jpg

Parmaniac
Don't worry folks, no need to be afraid, I'll handle this. I'll just blitz Thor.

MrMind
Me and Phil will hold Thor down while Stilt penetrates him from behind

Hercules will be the camera man with funny comments that are inappropriate for this site

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

I like that plan thumb up

MrMind
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

I like that plan thumb up

you better be rock hard the whole time

I want thor to FEEEL IT

h1a8
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
hysterical
Stilt replying to a dead man.

Jake died? I wonder what happened to him.

MrMind
you are not very smart h1

Wonder Man
Earth would likely robotize if the fight happens in the spandex of longer than President Trump. President Trump is talking about robotizing with 10 years time.
Is it possible for the gods to defeat the human/robot agenda?
With Hercules adamantium mace he might be able to silence the crowd of human and robots while Thor tackles the mighty.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.