Why isn't there a supernatural game?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2
Could be first person or third person and have missions from the TV show or made up missions. It would be great, I don't understand how there can't be a game based on the show seeing as how the storylines and characters would make a great game.

Peach
Well, not even going into the mediocrity of the show...video games based on TV shows and movies are rarely worth the disc they're printed on.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Peach
Well, not even going into the mediocrity of the show...

Well its all on personal opinion for that part.

-Pr-
I honestly don't know if it could be translated that well to a game.

Great show though, imo.

steverules_2
Well, not even going into the mediocrity of the show...video games based on TV shows and movies are rarely worth the disc they're printed on.

Thats not always the case, and the show is very, very good and has been renewed for a 7th season which I'm very pleased about smile But I think the show could actually be translated into a good game. It may actually be bad and could turn out to be awful but would still be good if they could give it a go.

Kazenji
I could see it as a big Sandbox type game and hunting down demons and other nasties around the country.

steverules_2
Would be so cool to play

Phanteros
I don't think supernatural can be translated well into a game. Prehaps they can do it Alan Wake style. TV series were never able to translate well into games.

Very good show though.

Peach
Originally posted by steverules_2
Thats not always the case, and the show is very, very good and has been renewed for a 7th season which I'm very pleased about smile But I think the show could actually be translated into a good game. It may actually be bad and could turn out to be awful but would still be good if they could give it a go.

The number of decent games based on a movie or TV show can be counted on a single hand, meanwhile they pump out licensed games constantly. That's a pretty damn low success rate.

MooCowofJustice
The number of decent games based on a movie or TV show can be counted on a single hand, meanwhile they pump out licensed games constantly. That's a pretty damn low success rate.

...how many fingers are on your hand? I thought most humans only had five to a hand, four if you don't count the thumb. Anyway, I'm pretty sure that there are far more decent movie and TV show games than that.

Perhaps your standards are just far too high.

Phanteros
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
...how many fingers are on your hand? I thought most humans only had five to a hand, four if you don't count the thumb. Anyway, I'm pretty sure that there are far more decent movie and TV show games than that.

Perhaps your standards are just far too high. That's... Strange coming from you.

However you are correct that there is some good movie/TV based games. The one I can think of is the original Golden Eye and Turtles Through Time.

steverules_2

Like I said...it could be awful, but there's nothing to suggest that it would be bad other than saying 'Oh these games based on these shows/movies were bad so this is bound to be awful.'

For me I enjoyed the spiderman 2 game on PS2. I liked the spiderman PS1 game which was based on the TV show and I'll admit it...I liked the sequel as well. Batman Arkham Asylum based off a graphic novel is another fine example of a good game, wasn't based on a show or movie but was based on something. Some fine examples. smile

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Phanteros
TV series were never able to translate well into games.

Tell that to Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Tell that to Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

And also The Simpsons.

the ninjak
I wanted a good Dark Angel game.

steverules_2
There are doctor who games but those didn't do so well in reviews

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.