Superman vs Captain Marvel with a twist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
CIS is on for Cap, limiting his speed to match Thor's (Or if you subscribe to Thor being able to tag speedsters without PIS, then CIS is on for Thor keeping at Caps speed. stick out tongue)

But that's not the twist:

Thor can't brawl. He HAS to use his exotic powers, exclusively. Not one punch, or one hammer smash, or generic hammer toss.

How many wins can Thor get like this?

Edit: Oh, and a win can be knock out, battlefield removal, or general incapacitation.

Lord_Talron
i think i missed something.

cdtm
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
i think i missed something.

What do you mean?

I curved the speed, so the thread doesn't devolve into yet another speed debate. That's one thing posters are never going to agree on, and I think it kind of ruins the fights....

cdtm
Guess I'll add my two cents now:

I think Thor can win a solid majority against most characters, if he uses his versatility.

For example:

Round 1, he battlefield removes Cap with a portal.

Round 2, he catches Cap in a cone of frozen time (Something he's done at least twice before)

Round 3, he drains Caps magic with the hammer.

Round 4, he nails Cap with the heat of 1,000 suns, lightning assaults, and various weather effects until he drops.

Just for example. I'm sure the greater Thor fans can come up with a lot of combinations...

Batman-Prime
Superman vs CM with a twist.

Ok CM is as fast as Thor. So Superman blitzes him for the easy win.

stick out tongue

cdtm
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Superman vs CM with a twist.

Ok CM is as fast as Thor. So Superman blitzes him for the easy win.

stick out tongue

Acceptable response. Happy Dance

Ehh, maybe I tried too hard with this one... I just wanted a fight with Thor against a Superman clone that wouldn't turn into a "Thor gets beaten down cuz speed" or "Thor responds to blitz and beats the other guy down" debate.

Guess this would've been a better thread with Hulk instead of Cap...

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by cdtm
Acceptable response. Happy Dance

Ehh, maybe I tried too hard with this one... I just wanted a fight with Thor against a Superman clone that wouldn't turn into a "Thor gets beaten down cuz speed" or "Thor responds to blitz and beats the other guy down" debate.

Guess this would've been a better thread with Hulk instead of Cap...

With only exotic powers, Godblast etc. he has good chances, though once CM is on him, Thor can't defend himself with a counterpunch, hammertoss etc. With bfr and CM low speed, I think Thor has quite good chances to win most, he would have to go for a goodblast or bfr from the start. 50-50% I guess, that it would work.

It would be like his fights against Juggernaut.

JakeTheBank
Exotic powers only? Thor wins a hefty majority.

Colossus-Big C
considering cap would be right on him pounding at a defensless thor ....

JakeTheBank
Defenseless?

Thor's plot device powers would be too much for Cap. Granted, Cap's resilience to magic will keep him in it, but Thor can open portals nigh instantly for easy BFR, shoot him into the sun, Anti-Force, Godblast, multi-planetary scale storm, force fields, vortexes, etc.

Cap's straight forward brick powerset wouldn't be able to overcome a Thor using strictly exotic powers.

Lord_Talron
Originally posted by cdtm
What do you mean?

I curved the speed, so the thread doesn't devolve into yet another speed debate. That's one thing posters are never going to agree on, and I think it kind of ruins the fights.... your title says superman vs captain marvel...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.