World War Hulk vs Hercules

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Herc gets his mace and Nemean Lion Skin for this.

Who wins?

byrdgang21
Still Hulk

Hyperion Prime
WWH beats him. The armour and the mace don't help at all. It will be a good fight, but Hercules has never been able to take Hulk.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by cdtm
Hulk gets his mace and Nemean Lion Skin after this. fixed

Badabing
Herc doesn't succeed where the MU failed.

Zack Fair
Hercules does the only thing he can do...

bone the red she hulk.

cdtm
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
WWH beats him. The armour and the mace don't help at all. It will be a good fight, but Hercules has never been able to take Hulk.

The armor won't help?

Doesn't it seriously amp his durability?

Like, to nearly Juggernaut levels?

Hyperion Prime
The armor won't help?

Doesn't it seriously amp his durability?

Like, to nearly Juggernaut levels?

It still dosen't help him survive the onslaught that is the Hulk. I also don't think it amps him to Juggs level. Juggs is on his own level.

cdtm
Originally posted by Badabing
Herc doesn't succeed where the MU failed.

To be fair, there was some PIS involved in Hulks stomping the entire MU (Dr. Strange in particular).

And Juggernaut gave him a good fight, to the point where Hulk decided to battlefield remove him.

Herc should be in Juggs strength range, and with the Nemean Lion Skin, that boosts his durability up there too.. (Maybe not on Juggs level, but still up there)

Badabing
To be fair, there was some PIS involved in Hulks stomping the entire MU (Dr. Strange in particular).

And Juggernaut gave him a good fight, to the point where Hulk decided to battlefield remove him.

Herc should be in Juggs strength range, and with the Nemean Lion Skin, that boosts his durability up there too.. (Maybe not on Juggs level, but still up there) There was not one drop of PIS in the entire WWH arc, NOT ONE! sneer

g_hulk

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Badabing
There was not one drop of PIS in the entire WWH arc, NOT ONE! sneer

g_hulk

Say it with a straight face.

Colossus-Big C
the lion skin is invunerable

iceman24567
Uh with his mace Herc was able to match Thors striking.power

JakeTheBank
^ thumb up

I don't know why, but it seems like Hercules is really underrated here on KMC, which is...sad, really considering what he's done.

Nihilist
Banner said Herc was one of the few that could of stopped WWH if he had actually tried intead of letting Hulk beat on him

quanchi112
WW Hulk wins.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Nihilist
Banner said Herc was one of the few that could of stopped WWH if he had actually tried intead of letting Hulk beat on him even if that were possible, homeboy can't get hit three times by the hulk whereas the hulk can take untold amounts of punishment (superior to herc's) and keep it moving

hulk will always be fresh as long as he's angry, and in a forum fight pis can't stop him from laying down the law

cdtm
Originally posted by psycho gundam
even if that were possible, homeboy can't get hit three times by the hulk whereas the hulk can take untold amounts of punishment (superior to herc's) and keep it moving

hulk will always be fresh as long as he's angry, and in a forum fight pis can't stop him from laying down the law

He took those three hits well, imo. Considering he was completely defenseless, and kept himself from falling...

But he didn't have the Nemean Lion Skin either. That's supposed to be completely impervious..

Not sure if the skin also amps the parts the skin doesn't cover, but even if it doesn't it should be easier to protect his face without having to worry about his body of the parts of his head it covers..

psycho gundam
he's no juggernaut, and even that fight is inconclusive

Nihilist
even if that were possible, homeboy can't get hit three times by the hulk whereas the hulk can take untold amounts of punishment (superior to herc's) and keep it moving

hulk will always be fresh as long as he's angry, and in a forum fight pis can't stop him from laying down the law facepalm why do you spout so much crap when it comes to Hulk?

iceman24567

hulk will always be fresh as long as he's angry, and in a forum fight pis can't stop him from laying down the law You mean three free shots? Herc didnt brace for them or try to roll with them Herc also dropped Hulk with one hit

psycho gundam
when hulk wasn't looking yes, all it got him was an ass beating

iceman24567
when hulk wasn't looking yes, all it got him was an ass beating Yeah when Herc wasnt fighting back thumb up.

carver9
I wonder why people bring up the sneak attack that Herc used on Hulk to knock him off of his feat? Nobody never said that Hulk is immovable... of course Herc can knock Hulk off of his feat with a hit while Hulk is distracted by some type of smoke bomb that was making him cough.

After that, one punch messed Herc face completely up from a "holding back Hulk".

Nihilist
Herc was even fighting back and was letting Hulk beat on him to show they was on his side, as Banner said Herc could stopped him if he tried. Banners own words>>>>>>>>any Hulks fans opinions

carver9
Herc was even fighting back and was letting Hulk beat on him to show they was on his side, as Banner said Herc could stopped him if he tried. Banners own words>>>>>>>>any Hulks fans opinions

And just like Herc said, if WWH would have unleashed his true strength, it would have killed him. Herc hit Hulk with a Haymaker in the face and Hulk didn't have a scratch... a holding back Hulk hit Herc in the face and busted that sh** open.

Things that make you go hhhmmm...

Simbon
Originally posted by carver9
And just like Herc said, if WWH would have unleashed his true strength, it would have killed him. Herc hit Hulk with a Haymaker in the face and Hulk didn't have a scratch... a holding back Hulk hit Herc in the face and busted that sh** open.

Things that make you go hhhmmm...

Carver, you didn't even need to read the comic before you were going hhhmmm...

carver9
Originally posted by Simbon
Carver, you didn't even need to read the comic before you were going hhhmmm...

laughing

Whatever Simbon

Nihilist
@ Carver Hulk had at least 3 free shot on Herc and only busted his face . The only reason Hulk could killed him was becuase wasn't trying, so iyo was Banner wrong or lying then?

h1a8
No offense but those who don't have a clue here would say WWH wins. I mean the Lion skin and mace is so much overkill it makes this fight spite. Herc is totally invulnerable wearing it. How in the hell is WWH going to hurt him significantly (if any)?

Also, Herc actually let up on Hulk after nearly one-shotting him with his bare hands. If you give Herc his mace then his striking power increases many times over. I see a mace strike from Herc doing far worst damage than what he did with his bare hands.

Fifthchild
Banner said Herc was one of the few that could of stopped WWH if he had actually tried intead of letting Hulk beat on him

He said Herc was one of the few people on the planet "with a prayer" of stopping the Hulk. And just to put things even more into perspective he was speaking at Hercules own funeral to his mourning friends.

~The Wickerman~
Originally posted by Fifthchild
He said Herc was one of the few people on the planet "with a prayer" of stopping the Hulk. And just to put things even more into perspective he was speaking at Hercules own funeral to his mourning friends.

You say that as if Banner's a regular human being who'd be extra nice at someone's funeral, when in truth he's got to be one of the biggest douches ever.

Fifthchild
Originally posted by ~The Wickerman~
You say that as if Banner's a regular human being who'd be extra nice at someone's funeral, when in truth he's got to be one of the biggest douches ever.

I think he still understands concepts of basic human dignity and sensitivity. He was rather intellectually arrogant and manipulative in a Tony Stark kind of way during his recent run but i think you are drawing a pretty long bow to try and make that statement out to be some kind of definitive, coldly calculated statement about Hercs chances against WWH. Beyond saying he had "a prayer", that is.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Fifthchild
He said Herc was one of the few people on the planet "with a prayer" of stopping the Hulk. And just to put things even more into perspective he was speaking at Hercules own funeral to his mourning friends. Banners words about Herc stopping Hulk stand true when you look at how Herc handled himself against the Zom power that had inhabited th WWH buster armor and tha was after Herc let Hulk beat on him for free

leonidas

huh? where'd he say that?

herc wouldn't win this fight but he would put a beating on hulk before he went down. only difference that would matter is that damnable healing...

~The Wickerman~
Originally posted by leonidas
huh? where'd he say that?

herc wouldn't win this fight but he would put a beating on hulk before he went down. only difference that would matter is that damnable healing...

http://s1d6.turboimagehost.com/t/7406839_prowess3.jpg

leonidas
http://s1d6.turboimagehost.com/t/7406839_prowess3.jpg

aw, yes, the wake scene. forgot about that. that is a bit different from what was the poster SAID he said though. also, as much as i'd LOVE to credit what banner said as true, it WAS at herc's wake. and a 'prayer' is about as far from a sure thing as one can get.

thanks for the scan though. thumb up

DARTH POWER
TBH I dnt think he is exaggerating, as hes giving his only reason for being at the wake.

And saying "had a prayer of defeating the Hulk" is hardly bigging Herc up to the extreme.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by leonidas
that is a bit different from what was the poster SAID he said though. that was some spin doctoring for sure, but it goes to shit at the same time when banner says "the worst beating imaginable" = all of three blows.

in hercules' defense, hulk oneshotted she-hulk and the thing, so taking three hits is okay i guess *shrug*

Lord_Talron
did anyone ever play that old game "spin doctor" it was freaking fun

Rage.Of.Olympus
If this battle were to be rewritten today, it'd go differently under Pak. He like Hercules more than he does the Hulk now imo and he's a writer who gets influenced by his preferences.

psycho gundam
4 punches?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Hercules would probably preform closer to Juggernaut/Sentry than Thing/She-Hulk. I'd wager Pak thought of Hercules as the poor man's Thor as some writers do and used him as a benchmark to show how awesomez! Hulk is.

psycho gundam
i hope you don't think this kind of speculation changes anything

Rage.Of.Olympus
Am I using it as evidence? No, I'm simply making an observation. Pak is a writer who lets his preferences influence him. If they were to battle again under him, Hercules would more than likely come off looking noticeably better. He might even look like he'd win at some point. Take that as you will.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Hercules would probably preform closer to Juggernaut/Sentry than Thing/She-Hulk. i think herc would do better than thing/shehulk but worse than juggs/sentry

psycho gundam
and he did.

if it was an actual fight hercules would have a lot more dignity in his eventual curbstomping though.

Mindset
Didn't know psycho was carver lite.

iceman24567
http://s1d6.turboimagehost.com/t/7406839_prowess3.jpg Herc "let" Hulk give him the worst beating imaginable just to prove his point and he did so with a smile on his face

StiltmanFTW
Lion skin protects mostly from piercing damage, not blunt force trauma.

CosmicComet
If this battle were to be rewritten today, it'd go differently under Pak. He like Hercules more than he does the Hulk now imo and he's a writer who gets influenced by his preferences.

thumb up

I've held this opinion for awhile too.

Mindset
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Lion skin protects mostly from piercing damage, not blunt force trauma. Do you have scans of him using it?

CosmicComet
Lion skin protects mostly from piercing damage, not blunt force trauma.

There's no realistic reason why it would help against one and not the other.

'Piercing damage' is just force applied over a smaller area.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Mindset
Do you have scans of him using it?

No, but that's how it works. Think Luke Cage.

Mindset
Luke Cage has blunt force durability too, though.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by CosmicComet
There's no realistic reason why it would help against one and not the other.

'Piercing damage' is just force applied over a smaller area.

It resists the attacks all right, but does it absorb it like Cap's shield? I doubt it.

carver9
that was some spin doctoring for sure, but it goes to shit at the same time when banner says "the worst beating imaginable" = all of three blows.

in hercules' defense, hulk oneshotted she-hulk and the thing, so taking three hits is okay i guess *shrug*

Don't forget... he also one shotted Ares.

StiltmanFTW
Luke Cage has blunt force durability too, though.

But it's not comparable with his piercing resistance.

~The Wickerman~
Do you have scans of him using it?

I've got scans of wolverine trying to cut the Nemean Lion (brought back to life via the power of Hera) and failing miserably and needing Herc to strangle it to kill it if you want me to post em.

StiltmanFTW
I've got scans of wolverine trying to cut the Nemean Lion (brought back to life via the power of Hera) and failing miserably and needing Herc to strangle it to kill it if you want me to post em.

He broke its neck.

~The Wickerman~
He broke its neck.

Strangling, breaking neck, poh-tah-toe, poh-tay-toe

stick out tongue

BigSid
it's funny how the Hercules WWH fight is being interpreted as a bad showing for Herc.

Fact of the matter is, it takes far more courage and balls to stand in front of someone on Hulk's power level and take shots from him without defending yourself or rolling with the punches than it does to fight him.

Yes a full power shot from WWH could have done even more damage to him as he was standing there waiting on it, not making any effort to protect himself but he took a chance and stood his ground anyway.

And he did it to prove a point and risked himself to do it Herc has balls the size of water melons for doing that imo.

As for this fight, I think Hercules would give him a much closer fight than people are giving him credit for.

h1a8
This fight is spite. No way would Hulk be able to hurt Herc. And assuming Herc isn't holding back, a hit from the mace would do astronomically more damage than the holding back blow he gave Hulk which rocked the hell outta him.

Herc is stronger than Thing and look what Thing did to Hulk in one blow.
Now imaging Herc both being invincible and also defending himself and hitting with non holding back force with an indestructible mace that provides astronomically more force behind the strike. IMO, WWH would go down in 5-10 good blows.

~The Wickerman~
Originally posted by h1a8
This fight is spite. No way would Hulk be able to hurt Herc. And assuming Herc isn't holding back, a hit from the mace would do astronomically more damage than the holding back blow he gave Hulk which rocked the hell outta him.

Now imaging Herc both being invincible and also defending himself and hitting with non holding back force with an indestructible mace that provides astronomically more force behind the strike. IMO, WWH would go down in 5-10 good blows.

Herc's strong adamantium mace swings barely injured Thor, so calm down for God's sake.

DARTH POWER

What did Thing ever do to Hulk in one puch?? Sounds like your lowballing there. It was actually WWH who put Thing down in one puch.

IMO, WWH would go down in 5-10 good blows.

I doubt that. Hulk's taken enough blows from Thor's Hammer in the past.

Mindset
But it's not comparable with his piercing resistance. I think it is.

cdtm
Originally posted by DARTH POWER

I doubt that. Hulk's taken enough blows from Thor's Hammer in the past.

Thor holds back on mortals.

Hell, he holds back on other Gods, too, as stated several times in his Herc fights, before their friendship..

Mindset
When did he say he holds back against Herc?

Rage.Of.Olympus
In one of their fights. He stated that he could surely end the battle in one all out hit but he chose not to out of respect. Thor is defined by the level of his opponents in a roundabout way. That's one of his appeals to me. He can be much more vulnerable than someone like Superman but become so much more when the time calls for it. It's why the Lee/Kirby and Simonson Thor was so entertaining imo. He could go from battling a regular villain from New York to Galactic entities in the span of an issue.

Mindset
Which one?

cdtm
When did he say he holds back against Herc?

The Mighty Thor 126.

I'll see about getting a scan or two online, if you want, but the short of it is he both claimed he could throw a fatal blow but didn't want to kill Herc, and thought to himself that if he attacked with all his strength he could end the fight, but didn't have the heart to deal so harshly with the son of Zeus.

And they were far from friends, at this point.

Rage.Of.Olympus
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/ThorvsHercules14.jpg
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/ThorvsHercules16.jpg

~The Wickerman~

shifty

http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/7524999_hercvthor1.jpg http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/7525001_hercvthor2.jpg http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/7525002_hercvthor3.jpg http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/7525003_hercvthor4.jpg http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/7525004_hercvthor5.jpg http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/7525006_hercvthor6.jpg http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/7525007_hercvthor7.jpg http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/7525009_hercvthor8.jpg

Had to be done biscuits

cdtm

Yeah, that's the stuff.

If Thor is holding back against another God, there's no way he wouldn't pull his punches against a mortal, even a super powered one.

Mindset
Well, as wrong as he is, he is confident. smile

Rage.Of.Olympus
Whatever you say bud.

Yeah, that's the stuff.

If Thor is holding back against another God, there's no way he wouldn't pull his punches against a mortal, even a super powered one.

Holding back is a large part of Thor's character. It's also the easiest way writers can explain his fluctuation performances/levels.

Mindset
You think one more hit from Mjolnir would have put Herc down?

psycho gundam
Originally posted by BigSid
it's funny how the Hercules WWH fight is being interpreted as a bad showing for Herc.

Fact of the matter is, it takes far more courage and balls to stand in front of someone on Hulk's power level and take shots from him without defending yourself or rolling with the punches than it does to fight him.

Yes a full power shot from WWH could have done even more damage to him as he was standing there waiting on it, not making any effort to protect himself but he took a chance and stood his ground anyway.

And he did it to prove a point and risked himself to do it Herc has balls the size of water melons for doing that imo.

As for this fight, I think Hercules would give him a much closer fight than people are giving him credit for. people keep bringing it up, but at the end of the day it showed how many blows herc can take and stay in the fight.

to pur it into perspective, hulk barely blocks/parries/rolls himself and has fought thor at least 8 times in his savage days.

Mindset
Didn't know psycho was carver lite. Originally posted by psycho gundam
people keep bringing it up, but at the end of the day it showed how many blows herc can take and stay in the fight. Yup, definitely Carver lite.

psycho gundam
nah, carver would say hulk speed blitzes or something

psycho gundam
hulk punching thor's ego back into his uterus

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/227/53207405.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------^ lol

Mindset
laughing out loud

Mindset
psycho, make the last 2 panels a sig for me, please. smile

Spire
Probably Hulk.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Spire
Probably Hulk.

psycho gundam
psycho, make the last 2 panels a sig for me, please. smile lol just saw this.

just got home so i can at least give you the panels as a template

http://i54.tinypic.com/m7wo2.jpg

http://i53.tinypic.com/11shtsw.jpg

put your stank on it

Mindset
Make a sig, then have Thor's speech bubble say "Rage, hold me"

~The Wickerman~
Make a sig, then have Thor's speech bubble say "Rage, hold me"

laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud

psycho gundam
http://i54.tinypic.com/149xrv8.jpg

re-sizing is going to be tricky

Mindset
laughing out loud

Simbon
http://i54.tinypic.com/149xrv8.jpg

re-sizing is going to be tricky

Amazing. This belongs in the ownage thread.

quanchi112
Make a sig, then have Thor's speech bubble say "Rage, hold me" This needs to be someone's sig like yesterday.

Mindset
I will as soon as someone resizes it.

-K-M-
This work?

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f188/A_Flight5/thor.png

JakeTheBank
lmao

Mindset
Originally posted by -K-M-
This work?

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f188/A_Flight5/thor.png lol

Can you keep the border though?

If not, yea that'll work.

edit: filesize is too big

Endless Mike
Originally posted by quanchi112
This needs to be someone's sig like yesterday.

Only if someone makes a similar one for you and Thanos

carver9
This work?

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f188/A_Flight5/thor.png

laughing

Someone need to make this a sig foreal... HILARIOUS.

psycho gundam
rage should sport it

JakeTheBank
I can see becoming a trend. Everyone starts sporting sigs of certain posters favorite characters trashed lol

Hyperion Prime
laughing

Someone need to make this a sig foreal... HILARIOUS.

I am going to make one of Hulk getting his ass handed to him. There are plenty of pictures of that. roll eyes (sarcastic)

-K-M-
lol

Can you keep the border though?

If not, yea that'll work.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f188/A_Flight5/thor2.png

or

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f188/A_Flight5/thor3.png

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
I am going to make one of Gladiator and/or Hulk getting his ass handed to him. There are plenty of pictures of that. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Fixed.

psycho gundam
you don't want that war, son

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Fixed.

mad

Neither get their a** handed to them.

Hyperion Prime
mad

Ink on paper says different. smile

JakeTheBank
mad

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-CmoM5uubg38/TcIYIFV7HlI/AAAAAAAANBM/I_ynt29NXa8/s1600/tumblr_lke0z1jQWx1qg4g87o1_500.jpg

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-CmoM5uubg38/TcIYIFV7HlI/AAAAAAAANBM/I_ynt29NXa8/s1600/tumblr_lke0z1jQWx1qg4g87o1_500.jpg

laughing

Whatever Jake.

Mindset
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f188/A_Flight5/thor2.png

or

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f188/A_Flight5/thor3.png These filesizes are too big, the limit is 50kb.

-K-M-
Which one do you prefer? I can work with it

-K-M-
that's the last edit from me.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f188/A_Flight5/thor5.jpg

Mindset
Thanks KM, I'll send you those pictures of my buttocks now.

-K-M-
sexy

Lord_Talron
posting in an epic thread.

iceman24567
damn i want one of those..nobody diss my favorite character or they get a chocolate surprise while they sleep no expression

psycho gundam
wouldn't you get a chocolate surprise as well?

(no homo) ^2

iceman24567
wouldn't you get a chocolate surprise as well?

(no homo) ^2 Yup eek!

No homo ermm

carver9
Thanks KM, I'll send you those pictures of my buttocks now.

laughing laughing out loud laughing

Hahahahahahahalololol laughing

psycho gundam
laughing laughing out loud laughing

Hahahahahahahalololol laughing
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsGladiator11.jpg

http://i51.tinypic.com/535y08.jpg

iceman24567
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsGladiator11.jpg

http://i51.tinypic.com/535y08.jpg Lol that same scan is my phone background lol.

psycho gundam
wanna new sig? http://i54.tinypic.com/2ymgaq1.gif

iceman24567
wanna new sig? http://i54.tinypic.com/2ymgaq1.gif Well since you asked....................Hell yes

carver9

http://i51.tinypic.com/535y08.jpg

mad

That's not the real Gladiator.

carver9
Originally posted by iceman24567
Well since you asked....................Hell yes

I'm putting you on straight ignore to make sure I won't see it.

iceman24567
I'm putting you on straight ignore to make sure I won't see it. Damn brah thats how you feel? I aint even mad though erm

psycho gundam
he mad

Damborgson
Chill Carver they are just having fun here. smile I made this for u so feel better. wink

iceman24567
he mad Yeah he mad
Originally posted by Damborgson
Chill Carver they are just having fun here. smile I made this for u so feel better. wink Lulz took you all 5 minutes to make that

Damborgson
Originally posted by iceman24567

Lulz took you all 5 minutes to make that I already had it saved. Just waiting for the right time yo use it. roll eyes (sarcastic)

iceman24567
I already had it saved. Just waiting for the right time yo use it. roll eyes (sarcastic) Ah thinking ahead should have used it on Bada thumb up

psycho gundam
Chill Carver they are just having fun here. smile I made this for u so feel better. wink hulk has green blood

Endless Mike
http://i51.tinypic.com/24kwjuc.jpg

Damborgson
Originally posted by Endless Mike
http://i51.tinypic.com/24kwjuc.jpg heh

Ash_J_Williams
Bump! The birth of a great sig big grin

carver9
Herc needs a partner.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.