Is Thor the best?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
This contest is Thor vs any SINGLE Herald.

The twist is if Thor fight a speedster (Gladiator, Superman, etc...) his speed is increased to their level and he also gets the same experience with their speed just like they have.

What single Herald can pull a majority against him? Is it just a speed difference that keep other Heralds in Thor league?

Who can pull a majority?

Thor face each of these individuals in a gauntlet fashion. If there is a speed difference, he receive the same amount of speed they have along with the experience.

Is it just the speed that keeps Thor from basically overwhelming his opponents for a large majority?

Without the speed difference what would you give Thor out of 10 against...

1. Surfer
2. Superman
3. Captain Marvel
4. Wally
5. Runner
6. Black Adam

Zack Fair
He destroys them all.

JakeTheBank
The main argument against Thor versus other high heralds is his speed, so him having movement speed always at least equal to his opponent pretty much nets him the win versus a vast majority of them.

Damborgson
If he can move at the speed of Gladiator or superman then they lose their one true big advantage. Thor would beat them soundly. Nice thread idea btw.

CosmicComet
Yeah, speed equalized I can't see any herald or even trans that he can't beat.

cdtm
For a real challenge:

Beta Ray Bill.

Even if he can't beat Thor a majority, the fact Thor was born into his godhood, while Bill had to earn his hammer, makes Bill the best imo. stick out tongue

Hyperion Prime
I still don't think even with the speed added that he can beat Superman or Captain marvel/Black Adam. I think they are just naturally stronger. He beats anyone else that's a Herald.

carver9
This is a remake but I am adding peeps. Thor face each of these individuals in a gauntlet fashion. If there is a speed difference, he receive the same amount of speed they have along with the experience.

Is it just the speed that keeps Thor from basically overwhelming his opponents for a large majority?

1. Surfer
2. Superman
3. Captain Marvel
4. Wally
5. Runner
6. Black Adam

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by carver9
This is a remake but I am adding peeps. Thor face each of these individuals in a gauntlet fashion. If there is a speed difference, he receive the same amount of speed they have along with the experience.

1. Surfer
2. Superman
3. Captain Marvel
4. Wally
5. Runner

I still don't think even with the speed added that he can beat Superman or Captain marvel/Black Adam. I think they are just naturally stronger. He beats anyone else that's a Herald.

He beats Wally, Surfer but he dosen't beat the runner.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime

Stronger, sure, I can see that though not by a massive degree to compensate for Thor's extreme power output and versatility.

carver9

He beats Wally, Surfer but he dosen't beat the runner.

Thor is just as strong as them. What are you talking about?

Badabing
Merged. Thank you Carver. I'll edit the OP so it reflects the new list.

JakeTheBank

1. Surfer
2. Superman
3. Captain Marvel
4. Wally
5. Runner
6. Black Adam

1. 8/10. Normally, I'd give Thor 6/10 out of Surfer, anyway.

2. 8/10. See above.

3. 9/10. Cap doesn't have the versatility needed to hang with a Thor with speed equal to the Speed of Mercury. Normally, I'd give Thor 6-7/10 over Cap.

4. Hmmm. Tricky. If Wally speed steals him, he'd win. Barring that, facing someone who's just as fast as he with massive power, strength, durability, etc, he'd probably lose 10/10 outside of creative speed use/manipulation.

5. What's Runner's best combat feats displaying durability, strength, etc.?

6. 9/10. Same as Cap.

Hyperion Prime
Thor is just as strong as them. What are you talking about?

I gave a reply...when I tried to submit it it said invalid post. I am not doing it again. mad

Zack Fair
I think he can soundly beat them all except for Wally. Even if Thor knows all the tricks I can see Wally come up with a "Flash Fact # 234: Relativistic BS pawns nurse gods"

Badabing
I gave a reply...when I tried to submit it it said invalid post. I am not doing it again. mad I was merging the 2 threads. laughing out loud

Post again! sneer

Thor does have super speed. But I only know of 1 instance.

http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/3656/thorspeed014aw.jpg

carver9
Originally posted by Badabing
Merged. Thank you Carver. I'll edit the OP so it reflects the new list.

No prob.

Colossus-Big C
thor beats all, unlike any other herald he has a hammer

which should be equivilant to two humans fighting but one has hammer or baseball bat

give herc a mljonir copy and thors powers and he would kick thors but though

Mindset
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Yeah, speed equalized I can't see any herald or even trans that he can't beat. Can't beat Genis.

Zack Fair

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Mindset
Can't beat Genis.

Genis at his best ain't no herald.

Mindset
Yea, he's trans.

CosmicComet
Not even that low.

Mindset
He's trans, brah.

cdtm
He's trans, brah.

He dropped Lord Thor, and tanked a hammer toss...

Can't believe a writer hasn't decided to bring him back yet. The whole "Don't know what to do with him, so kill him off" policy = lame.

CosmicComet
He's trans, brah.

Low Skyfather at least.

JakeTheBank
Was this King Thor early on in the Reigning he fought (like just when Thor brought Asgard to Earth) or King Thor when he had completely taken over?

Mindset
Originally posted by cdtm

Can't believe a writer hasn't decided to bring him back yet. The whole "Don't know what to do with him, so kill him off" policy = lame. Yea, trans guys are pretty powerful, huh.

King Kandy

Can't believe a writer hasn't decided to bring him back yet. The whole "Don't know what to do with him, so kill him off" policy = lame.
no he did not drop king thor... he got a hammer in the face and its a feat that he survived. i think it would have been interesting if they'd fought it out but the writing staff on that book admitted they didn't like having fight scenes.

cdtm
Originally posted by King Kandy
no he did not drop king thor... he got a hammer in the face and its a feat that he survived. i think it would have been interesting if they'd fought it out but the writing staff on that book admitted they didn't like having fight scenes.

After the hammer got through his shield, he got back up and knocked Thor down with an energy attack.

Allankles
I don't see Thor suddenly crashing every herald if he had their speed. We've seen Superman crash the criminal syndicate and 2 of them have his speed or close.

Thor is faster than Hulk yet he doesn't crash him. I just don't think it's speed alone, it's how they fight and use their abilities. In fact in most Superman Thor debates the speed is brought up after strength, and besides speed their's creativity or battle tactics.

Superman wouldn't be blitzing Thor in a comic, it'd be a no frills physical brawl and he'd beat him on average imo. Energy versatility is the only edge he'd have in the long run, but Supes still has serious energy projection powers with his HV which has done some amazing things - most recently getting through Epoch the Time Lords omega barrier.

zeel
thor can beat them all with or without the speed, makeing him on their level speed wise this thread is almost spite. wally is the real threat.

Allankles
No. If Supes actually used his full speed against regular Thor he'd own him, hands down. But with respect to CIS that doesn't play as big a factor in most Thor vs Supes discussions. I mean just look at the history of that debate. Giving him speed doesn't change the status quo as mush as people think. It just means we're no longer tip toeing around the idea of the enormous advantage that speed gives.

Superman as an example already fights guys that are on the same level speed wise. Thor with speed doesn't become an overwhelming force suddenly because he has speed. His hammer would still give him the slight edge on paper he always had in a straight physical battle, but Superman's strength and battle tactics would still play a factor in a truly even stevens fight.

Energy absorption, magical projection and other esoteric magic abilities would give Thor an advantage in energy versatility but that is the only major advantage he'd have. From a purely physical standpoint, he's nothing someone like Supes (as an example) hasn't faced before within his rogues i.e. a guy nearly as strong as him with the same speed, and even with some extra powers (Hank Henshaw comes to mind there), besides the obvious guys like Zod, Ultraman et al.

Also Superman has some extra abilities unique to him, vibrational powers etc that other non Krytponian's outside of Flash don't possess.

King Kandy
After the hammer got through his shield, he got back up and knocked Thor down with an energy attack. scan?

carver9
Originally posted by Allankles
No. If Supes actually used his full speed against regular Thor he'd own him, hands down. But with respect to CIS that doesn't play as big a factor in most Thor vs Supes discussions. I mean just look at the history of that debate. Giving him speed doesn't change the status quo as mush as people think. It just means we're no longer tip toeing around the idea of the enormous advantage that speed gives.

Superman as an example already fights guys that are on the same level speed wise. Thor with speed doesn't become an overwhelming force suddenly because he has speed. His hammer would still give him the slight edge on paper he always had in a straight physical battle, but Superman's strength and battle tactics would still play a factor in a truly even stevens fight.

Energy absorption, magical projection and other esoteric magic abilities would give Thor an advantage in energy versatility but that is the only major advantage he'd have. From a purely physical standpoint, he's nothing someone like Supes (as an example) hasn't faced before within his rogues i.e. a guy nearly as strong as him with the same speed, and even with some extra powers (Hank Henshaw comes to mind there), besides the obvious guys like Zod, Ultraman et al.

Also Superman has some extra abilities unique to him, vibrational powers etc that other non Krytponian's outside of Flash don't possess.

Uuummm... Superman speed was continuously brought up in the Superman vs Thor thread. Read back through it.

Gecko4lif
He's trans, brah.
Nah brah.

Genis is above trans

Mindset
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Nah brah.

Genis is above trans Nope

dmills
With respect to Allankles who made some great points, Thor wins a majority with equal speed.

rotiart
For a real challenge:

Beta Ray Bill.

Even if he can't beat Thor a majority, the fact Thor was born into his godhood, while Bill had to earn his hammer, makes Bill the best imo. stick out tongue

Earned his hammer... like Eric Masteron As Thunderstrike earned his?... thats your analogy huh?

-Pr-
Can he win? Of course he can. Would he? Not so sure.

Uriel005
The speed thing is like saying that Superman loses his magic and Kryptonite weakness PC. Stat-wise barring weaknesses Supes is top-notch in most areas sans energy projection. He's done more with brute strength more often than just about anyone a person could care to name to abstract concepts or energy than some energy manipulators have.

I know I'm going to get called fanboy on this but taking away superman's weaknesses and stupidly retarded losses makes him the single most powerful "herald" level character I've seen. He's toppled Gods in the skyfather tier and destroyed beings capable of wiping the universe/multiverse. Superman answers the call in comics to combat some of the strongest threats in the multiverse where others fail. He's done this often enough that it can't be called PIS. However I do concede the number of his feats that are far lower than this are more common but he IS the hero DC tends to go to for indomitable foes.

Anyways Thor clears the list mostly on account of Mjolnir more than his own skills and he has to use his less frequently used powers to do it.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Uriel005
The speed thing is like saying that Superman loses his magic and Kryptonite weakness PC. Stat-wise barring weaknesses Supes is top-notch in most areas sans energy projection. He's done more with brute strength more often than just about anyone a person could care to name to abstract concepts or energy than some energy manipulators have.

I know I'm going to get called fanboy on this but taking away superman's weaknesses and stupidly retarded losses makes him the single most powerful "herald" level character I've seen. He's toppled Gods in the skyfather tier and destroyed beings capable of wiping the universe/multiverse. Superman answers the call in comics to combat some of the strongest threats in the multiverse where others fail. He's done this often enough that it can't be called PIS. However I do concede the number of his feats that are far lower than this are more common but he IS the hero DC tends to go to for indomitable foes.

Anyways Thor clears the list mostly on account of Mjolnir more than his own skills and he has to use his less frequently used powers to do it.

I agree.

The magic, red sun and kryptonite weaknesses exist for that reason.

As for the fight against Superman; Kal-El will give Thor a fight even on equal speed ground, but in the end Thor will prove more versatile and win.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Allankles
I don't see Thor suddenly crashing every herald if he had their speed. We've seen Superman crash the criminal syndicate and 2 of them have his speed or close.

Thor is faster than Hulk yet he doesn't crash him. I just don't think it's speed alone, it's how they fight and use their abilities. In fact in most Superman Thor debates the speed is brought up after strength, and besides speed their's creativity or battle tactics.

Superman wouldn't be blitzing Thor in a comic, it'd be a no frills physical brawl and he'd beat him on average imo. Energy versatility is the only edge he'd have in the long run, but Supes still has serious energy projection powers with his HV which has done some amazing things - most recently getting through Epoch the Time Lords omega barrier.

The reason Supes does not speed blitz majority of his enemies is the same reason why Thor does not run circles around hulk and unload holy lightning hell on him.

Written properly, Thor should be able to destroy hulk... and I for one am pissed with just how much disrespect marvel shows Thor whenever he's on the same page/screen as hulk.

cdtm
Originally posted by FrothByte

Written properly, Thor should be able to destroy hulk... and I for one am pissed with just how much disrespect marvel shows Thor whenever he's on the same page/screen as hulk.

Funny how Black Bolt and Surfer can own Hulk, but Thor has more trouble then anyone. Yet, he can own Black Bolt and at least hang with Surfer... Namor, too. How's Thor usually do against Subby?

I guess Hulk's his personal kryptonite character..

carver9
By looking at accomplishments and who has defeated who and who has taken what type of punishment that is unbelievable... no Herald match Thor. He has taken hits without falling from Celestials, he has withstood hits from a Primal god, attacks from an angry Odin that was trying to kill him, Galactus, Mangog, the Destroyer, more Celestials, etc, etc,... that's taking hits and getting back up. As for damage out put under his own power, still no Herald matches him. He has damaged Celestials, damaged Mangog, damaged Galactus on 2 occassions, defeated Ego, etc, etc... the ONLY edge a Herald would have over Thor is speed, imo its their only hope. Thor hitting power has no equal from what was shown destructive wise on panel (created Nuke like explosions, seeable shockwaves sent across the universe, hit Bill so hard that it blew up a portion of a planet, etc, etc..) without using hyperbole statements.

Marvel did wisely with the option of not giving him speed because if he had it, there would be no one to stand in his way and he would imo be high trans reaching skyfather.

carver9
Funny how Black Bolt and Surfer can own Hulk, but Thor has more trouble then anyone. Yet, he can own Black Bolt and at least hang with Surfer... Namor, too. How's Thor usually do against Subby?

I guess Hulk's his personal kryptonite character..

When has Blackbolt owned Hulk. Surfer didn't own Hulk, he drained him. Thor fights Hulk like a man and Black Bolt does as well and I have as of yet to see BB OWN Hulk.

Hulk is too powerful to be owned.

Uriel005
By looking at accomplishments and who has defeated who and who has taken what type of punishment that is unbelievable... no Herald match Thor. He has taken hits without falling from Celestials, he has withstood hits from a Primal god, attacks from an angry Odin that was trying to kill him, Galactus, Mangog, the Destroyer, more Celestials, etc, etc,... that's taking hits and getting back up. As for damage out put under his own power, still no Herald matches him. He has damaged Celestials, damaged Mangog, damaged Galactus on 2 occassions, defeated Ego, etc, etc... the ONLY edge a Herald would have over Thor is speed, imo its their only hope. Thor hitting power has no equal from what was shown destructive wise on panel (created Nuke like explosions, seeable shockwaves sent across the universe, hit Bill so hard that it blew up a portion of a planet, etc, etc..) without using hyperbole statements.

Marvel did wisely with the option of not giving him speed because if he had it, there would be no one to stand in his way and he would imo be high trans reaching skyfather. funny I seem to remember Superman on several occasions tanking anti-matter, entropy, the anti-monitor, the omega-effect and several other "unstoppable" opponents. I must be imagining things.

FrothByte
When has Blackbolt owned Hulk. Surfer didn't own Hulk, he drained him. Thor fights Hulk like a man and Black Bolt does as well and I have as of yet to see BB OWN Hulk.

More like "too popular to be owned". Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Hulk hater. I just hate it when they blow his feats out of proportion just to cater to the fanboys. Same problem with Wolverine, same problem with Batman.

After all, when was the last time you saw Hulk completely owned? Utterly defeated? In a universe like marvel where there are so many more powerful entities than the hulk, he should have been owned a pretty decent number of times by now.

At least wolverine still gets beat up every now and then.

carver9
Originally posted by Uriel005
funny I seem to remember Superman on several occasions tanking anti-matter, entropy, the anti-monitor, the omega-effect and several other "unstoppable" opponents. I must be imagining things.

Most of that, he was amped. Superman did confront Imperiex though and Doomsday was beside him. Imperiex blast Doomsday to the bone and also blasted Superman and it was stated that Superman was near death until Darkseid saved him. Now when he sundipped, yes, he took entropy blasts.

So yeah, you were imagining things. Sorry.

carver9
More like "too popular to be owned". Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Hulk hater. I just hate it when they blow his feats out of proportion just to cater to the fanboys. Same problem with Wolverine, same problem with Batman.

After all, when was the last time you saw Hulk completely owned? Utterly defeated? In a universe like marvel where there are so many more powerful entities than the hulk, he should have been owned a pretty decent number of times by now.

At least wolverine still gets beat up every now and then.

He was recently owned by Zeus.

-Pr-
Most of that, he was amped. Superman did confront Imperiex though and Doomsday was beside him. Imperiex blast Doomsday to the bone and also blasted Superman and it was stated that Superman was near death until Darkseid saved him. Now when he sundipped, yes, he took entropy blasts.

So yeah, you were imagining things. Sorry.

No, he wasn't.

Superman has beaten more powerful enemies without sundipping than with it.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
No, he wasn't.

Superman has beaten more powerful enemies without sundipping than with it.

I agree, he has beaten some powerful people but that instance that he is talking about, Superman almost died. The first person to tank an Entropy blast was an upgraded steel... after that, a sundipped Supes.

Simbon
Shouldn't the title of this thread be: "Is Thor with a massive amp the best herald?"

Bentley
Superman still dominates Thor.

-Pr-
I agree, he has beaten some powerful people but that instance that he is talking about, Superman almost died. The first person to tank an Entropy blast was an upgraded steel... after that, a sundipped Supes.

I was talking about the other instances.

cdtm

Namor definitely owned Hulk, twice. First time, he owns him via drowning. Second time, they collide in a head on collision, and Hulks knocked unconscious.

I guess your right about Surfer vs Hulk, because honostly, Surfer wasn't even fighting.. But, the fact is, Hulk's best punches couldn't even hurt him, while Surfer could most definitely affect Hulk.

And as for Black Bolt:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/whitmore_sean/vhulk12cj2.jpg

BB usually has Hulks number.

The relatively recent "Incredible Hercules vs Hulk" was a pretty good example of Herc dominating, if not outright owning, Hulk.

Herc definitely had the advantage, both in the cover story, and in an old reprinted fight.

AsbestosFlaygon
Is Thor capable of flight without the aid of Mjolnir?

With the speed amp, he would roughly be equal to Superman.

Superman is the greatest threat in the gauntlet, imo.
As I see it, he stalemates Superman and is unable to progress through the gauntlet.

Fifthchild
Namor definitely owned Hulk, twice. First time, he owns him via drowning. Second time, they collide in a head on collision, and Hulks knocked unconscious.

The first one was an owning but i would hardly call the second clash one. It was arguably even a double KO as according to the text it took minutes before Namor was revived by the waters and went looking for Hulk. Of course due to the nature of comics Hulk was still flying through the air and Namor caught up with him but still.

Surfer has a great record vs Hulk, mostly due to a couple of gamma drains in there but hes also had some better durability showings against Hulk then he has against Thor, for instance. Still I think Planet Hulk showed at least (despite all the asterisks over the encounter) that hes not immune to the Hulks strong suit. Id like to see more clashes in the future but it can be a bit contrived since they are old teammates and do actually come across as friends unlike when writers and fans sometimes try to invoke Thors friendship with Hulk/Banner.

The voice has been very effective on Hulk in the past. Again, a very good record.

Hmmm I dont know about that. Herc landed a lot of punches but Hulk looked way more stronger and powerful. I guess it worked out OK when that column exploded in Hulks face and hurt him but i think Hulk looked much more imposing for much of the fight.

Fifthchild
The reason Supes does not speed blitz majority of his enemies is the same reason why Thor does not run circles around hulk and unload holy lightning hell on him.

I think it cuts both ways. I doubt its a very popular opinion around here (and i feel very strongly that boards like this tend to encourage this kind of thinking only in terms of characters whose main strengths is their versatility of powers) but I think you could also argue that written properly Hulk should physically steamroll Thor most times. However 90% of the time the writers give us fights where Hulk doesnt get very strong and Thor doesnt use many/any other powers. Stalemate.

AlmightyKfish

Marvel did wisely with the option of not giving him speed because if he had it, there would be no one to stand in his way and he would imo be high trans reaching skyfather.

Eh, pretty sure Surfer's speed is rarely used as the main crux of an argument against Thor, but rather Surfer's huge range of powers (something which doesn't really change in this matchup)

dmills

I guess your right about Surfer vs Hulk, because honostly, Surfer wasn't even fighting.. But, the fact is, Hulk's best punches couldn't even hurt him, while Surfer could most definitely affect Hulk.

And as for Black Bolt:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/whitmore_sean/vhulk12cj2.jpg

BB usually has Hulks number.

The relatively recent "Incredible Hercules vs Hulk" was a pretty good example of Herc dominating, if not outright owning, Hulk.

Herc definitely had the advantage, both in the cover story, and in an old reprinted fight. That was at a time when BB was owning everyone. I mean he beat the hell out of classic Sphinx for goodness sakes. I'd like to see how that fight would go nowadays with the current group of writers.

dmills

With respect to all of that, he has been dropped by a lot less, and been unable to damage a lot less. Now if we're simply stacking high end stuff, then its only fair to compare and contrast the other heralds high end feats as well to see if Thor's still stand tallest.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Fifthchild
I think it cuts both ways. I doubt its a very popular opinion around here (and i feel very strongly that boards like this tend to encourage this kind of thinking only in terms of characters whose main strengths is their versatility of powers) but I think you could also argue that written properly Hulk should physically steamroll Thor most times. However 90% of the time the writers give us fights where Hulk doesnt get very strong and Thor doesnt use many/any other powers. Stalemate.

Well, Thor's strength is closer to Hulk's strength than Hulk's fighting prowess is to Thor's. Although I agree that Hulk can get stronger by the moment, I don't believe he can get stronger by the snap of a finger. It takes time.

So as to Hulk completely overpowering Thor in a show of strength? Yes, I agree to that. But as to Hulk steamrolling Thor in a fight? No, definitely not. Since Thor is faster, more agile, a way better fighter, and has enough strength to hurt the hulk.

Sin I AM
DD could own him

leonidas
with = speeds, he'd beat them all. except maybe runner. some of runner's early feats are pretty good and place him well into the trans tier i think.

Starscream M
Originally posted by leonidas
with = speeds, he'd beat them all. except maybe runner. some of runner's early feats are pretty good and place him well into the trans tier i think. he's still not as durable or as strong as superman no expression

leonidas
Originally posted by Starscream M
he's still not as durable or as strong as superman no expression

close enough that those things are never the difference in their battles. his magic more than makes up for those differences anyway. imo he'd have more problems with cm/adam, especially if their magic immunities are played up like they could possibly be.

Naija boy

1. Surfer
2. Superman
3. Captain Marvel
4. Wally
5. Runner
6. Black Adam

Superman: In this case without the speed difference Thor wins a vast majority. With speed equalized, Thors versatility and power output advantages become extremely prominent and certainly overhwlem supermans relatively minor physical advantages.

Silver Surfer: This match, becomes a toss up with a slight edge towards Thor in my estimation. Thor has the power output advantages and strength advantages, while surfer has the durability
and in battle versatility advantages (he is more creative with his powers). slight edge to Thor.

Captain marvel: Here Thor wins a vast majority. Without the speed difference he has considerably more advantages, and is just straight up more powerful. He is Marvels physical peer while having a boatload of other abilities to go along with it and a weapon that increases his striking power. Thor wins the vast majority

Wally: Without the speed advantage, Thor wins the vast majority

Runner: Runner was portrayed as straight up more powerful than Surfer in their confrontation, so this is probably the closest battle. 50/50

Black Adam: See Captain marvel.

YoungGunna
I could see them all going either way without Speed

Rage.Of.Olympus
Based on the stips, I'd give the Odinson 9/10 against Surfer, Captain Marvel, Superman, and Black Adam. I can't understand anyone giving them more than 6/10 at best against Thor so removing such a vital advantage it lends them on a battle board would really turn the tables. Tbh, I don't think speed matters all that much on average and perhaps because of that, I give Thor odds over any of them.

He'd annihilate Wally and would take down the Runner.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Naija boy
Superman: In this case without the speed difference Thor wins a vast majority. With speed equalized, Thors versatility and power output advantages become extremely prominent and certainly overhwlem supermans relatively minor physical advantages.

Silver Surfer: This match, becomes a toss up with a slight edge towards Thor in my estimation. Thor has the power output advantages and strength advantages, while surfer has the durability
and in battle versatility advantages (he is more creative with his powers). slight edge to Thor.

Captain marvel: Here Thor wins a vast majority. Without the speed difference he has considerably more advantages, and is just straight up more powerful. He is Marvels physical peer while having a boatload of other abilities to go along with it and a weapon that increases his striking power. Thor wins the vast majority

Wally: Without the speed advantage, Thor wins the vast majority

Runner: Runner was portrayed as straight up more powerful than Surfer in their confrontation, so this is probably the closest battle. 50/50

Black Adam: See Captain marvel.

thumbup

I like your point about the striking power. Even though Mjolnir is a weapon, it is part of the Thor character. It is more a part of his powerset. His striking power is ridiculous. This advantage given by Mjolnir is what separates him from most heralds.

batdude123
The twist is if Thor fight a speedster (Gladiator, Superman, etc...) his speed is increased to their level and he also gets the same experience with their speed just like they have.

Do Superman/Flash/etc. get Mjolnir and the same experience Thor has with it?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Simbon
Shouldn't the title of this thread be: "Is Thor with a massive amp the best herald?"
heh

Hyperion Prime
Even with equal speed to Superman, Thor cannot beat all heralds. The ones he cannot beat are Superman, Captain Marvel and Black Adam. Having super speed would just mean that people would not see Superman knock out Thor.

bbrem123
thor would stomp superman, adam, and CM

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by bbrem123
thor would stomp superman, adam, and CM

No way. I am a massive marvel mark, but Thor ain't beating Superman. Superman has gone up against guys just as tough or tougher than Thor. Thor has never went up against anybody like Superman. Besides the hammer would be the only think keeping Thor in the fight. Once Superman knocks it out of his hands it's really over. The fight in Jla/Marvel is an accurate interpertation of how a Superman/Thor fight would go down.

CM/BA durability is higher than Thors.

Mindset
Thor has gone up against more powerful people than Superman.

Newjak
Meh I never thought Thor was so completely outclassed speed wise to begin with.

Of course I'll more than admit that he is the slowest of the high heralds here.

I've always considered it a good trade off. Thor isn't always the best in every category but he does almost everything very well. He isn't as strong as Superman but he is close. He isn't as versatile as Silver Surfer and GLs but he is close enough. The one thing that he always excelled at was raw power output and damage. I always thought that his lower level speed made the balancing out quite nice between everyone.

You take that away and I'd probably give him a healthy majority against everyone here. 9/10 for everyone maybe 10/10 with Superman because of the magic weakness. Just like if you took away a major character discrepency in any of the high herald they would take a healtier majority over the others.

JakeTheBank
No way. I am a massive marvel mark, but Thor ain't beating Superman. Superman has gone up against guys just as tough or tougher than Thor. Thor has never went up against anybody like Superman. Besides the hammer would be the only think keeping Thor in the fight. Once Superman knocks it out of his hands it's really over. The fight in Jla/Marvel is an accurate interpertation of how a Superman/Thor fight would go down.

Thor's went up against Superman analogues, who are "like" Superman in terms of power set - not power levels, though - and won. And he's battled people far more powerful than Superman and won, just like Superman has battled people more powerful than Thor and won. Mjolnir seals the deal, but Thor is physically comparable in terms of strength to Superman as well as being quite durable with, imo, superior damage soak to compensate for lower outright "invincibility". Knocking Mjolnir out of his hands is not a instant loss waiting to happen as Thor can summon Mjolnir back to him at a moment's notice, as shown multiple times in comics. And if you consider JLA/Avengers to be accurate, then at the same time you agree that Thor is perhaps the single toughest opponent Superman has ever fought and in the same breath, Superman only barely beat him and that a rematch could really go either way.

DARTH POWER
No way. I am a massive marvel mark, but Thor ain't beating Superman. Superman has gone up against guys just as tough or tougher than Thor. Thor has never went up against anybody like Superman.

Urmm.. Gladiator(whose pretty much exactly like Superman), but also.. Silver Surfer(whose arguably superior to Supes in many ways??)

Besides the hammer would be the only think keeping Thor in the fight. Once Superman knocks it out of his hands it's really over.

LOL Get outta here!

The fight in Jla/Marvel is an accurate interpertation of how a Superman/Thor fight would go down.

You mean the one where Supes did get hit by Thor, where he did not knock Mjolnir out of Thor's hands and where Supes states Thor is the Single Toughest opponent he's ever defeated.. And where Supes is left in such a bad state from the fight that Iron Man can shoot him down.. And where the possibility of Thor winning a rematch is definetely left as a possibility??

That Jla/Marvel crossover right??

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
You mean the one where Supes did get hit by Thor, where he did not knock Mjolnir out of Thor's hands and where Supes states Thor is the Single Toughest opponent he's ever defeated.. And where Supes is left in such a bad state from the fight that Iron Man can shoot him down.. And where the possibility of Thor winning a rematch is definetely left as a possibility??

Yes, he hits and gets hit.
Yes he doesn't knock Mjolnir out of his hand, he doesn't need to, he stops it dead cold.
The first time Superman said such a thing, really roll eyes (sarcastic), and there was this "he MAY be the si..." in his sentence.
IronMan shot at him, but didn't ko him. He was koed by IromMan+WonderMan+Hercules+She-Hulk+Vision

Thor vs Superman 50-50
Thor with Supermans speed vs Superman 70-30
Thor without Mjolnir + Supermans speed vs Superman 30-70
Thor with Mjolnir + Supermans speed vs Superman with Mjolnir 20-80

Heh.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Thor vs Superman 50-50
Thor with Supermans speed vs Superman 70-30
Thor without Mjolnir + Supermans speed vs Superman 30-70
Thor with Mjolnir + Supermans speed vs Superman with Mjolnir 20-80

Heh.

Why would Superman + Mjolnir get 80/20 on Thor + Mjolnir + Superman's speed?

carver9
Originally posted by Newjak
Meh I never thought Thor was so completely outclassed speed wise to begin with.

Of course I'll more than admit that he is the slowest of the high heralds here.

I've always considered it a good trade off. Thor isn't always the best in every category but he does almost everything very well. He isn't as strong as Superman but he is close. He isn't as versatile as Silver Surfer and GLs but he is close enough. The one thing that he always excelled at was raw power output and damage. I always thought that his lower level speed made the balancing out quite nice between everyone.

You take that away and I'd probably give him a healthy majority against everyone here. 9/10 for everyone maybe 10/10 with Superman because of the magic weakness. Just like if you took away a major character discrepency in any of the high herald they would take a healtier majority over the others.

This...

I agree with Rage post as well.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
The eleventh dial.

Bentley
Thor is as strong as Superman... Heavily holding back. Kal has the durability and strength advantage, heck, maybe even fighting skill.

Batman-Prime
Because it would negate the weakness to Magic, more or less (if he would be as skilled with the weapon as thor)

~The Wickerman~
Originally posted by Omega Vision
The eleventh dial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuzpsO4ErOQ

thumb up

lawest9

He beats Wally, Surfer but he dosen't beat the runner. Someone enlighten me, WHO is the RUNNER.

As for an answer to the thread, I agree with HP's assessment here!

Rage.Of.Olympus

laughing out loud

Sin I AM
doomsday would beat him wink

cdtm
Originally posted by lawest9
Someone enlighten me, WHO is the RUNNER.

As for an answer to the thread, I agree with HP's assessment here!

Elder of the Universe. His thing is running around the universe on nothing but space. Beat the hell out of Surfer, and proved faster and more nimble then him.

But I disagree with HP that Superman beats Surfer, because there's no way Supes should tag Surfer if he doesn't let him.. (That's not to say Surfer can speed blitz like Supes can, but he doesn't need to.. He can just keep gliding/circle strafing on his board, and pick his shots.)

Ambient
Thor is not too far off against this guys cept against Flash when it comes to h2h speed infact I'm already giving him a slight edge against a majority of the characters listed on a normal fight, give him a + handicap and he takes a healthy majority..

Against: He takes -----

1. Surfer 8/10
2. Superman 10/10
3. Captain Marvel 9/10
4. Wally 10/10
5. Runner 7/10
6. Black Adam 9/10
7. Havok takes it 10/10 shifty

carver9
Originally posted by Ambient
Thor is not too far off against this guys cept against Flash when it comes to h2h speed infact I'm already giving him a slight edge against a majority of the characters listed on a normal fight, give him a + handicap and he takes a healthy majority..

Against: He takes -----

1. Surfer 8/10
2. Superman 10/10
3. Captain Marvel 9/10
4. Wally 10/10
5. Runner 7/10
6. Black Adam 9/10
7. Havok takes it 10/10 shifty

I agree with this except Havok.

batdude123
Thor is not too far off against this guys cept against Flash when it comes to h2h speed

http://i596.photobucket.com/albums/tt42/emilymhmmyeah/George_Takei_LOLs.gif

Ambient
Why? Havok is ridiculously powerful..

Ambient
Originally posted by batdude123
Laugh all u want Bats.. Tis true, ask rage.. shifty

Spire
What an AMAZING thread!!!

1. Still wins, as speed had nothing to do with the outcome.
2. Still loses, as speed had nothing to do with the outcome.
3. Still loses, as speed had nothing to do with the outcome.
4. Wins.
5. Wins.
6. Still loses, as speed had nothing to do with the outcome.

carver9
Why? Havok is ridiculously powerful..

He has the "potential" to be a cosmic character (which was shown when he absorbed power from a star during the Vulcan saga) but he never showed Thor type power but I know you were playing. "I hope".

Ambient
Ahh just can't get pass u Carve..jk

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Yes, he hits and gets hit.
Yes he doesn't knock Mjolnir out of his hand, he doesn't need to, he stops it dead cold.
The first time Superman said such a thing, really roll eyes (sarcastic), and there was this "he MAY be the si..." in his sentence.
IronMan shot at him, but didn't ko him. He was koed by IromMan+WonderMan+Hercules+She-Hulk+Vision

Heh.

Thank you excellent post.

Originally posted by DARTH POWER

So he didn't knock it out of his hands? So what Gladiator sure did. So he said "Thor is the single toughest opponent he ever fought" he didnt say anything about defeated. And if he did say defeated the key word is defeated....Superman won. He was just talking shit. The single toughest opponent he ever fought killed him and left him dead on the street.

The possibility of a rematch.....well I guess we will never know, but my money is on the guy with the "S" on his chest. The guy who stopped Thor in mid hammer swing. The guy who said "My dial goes up to eleven" and meant it, because he put Thor down like none other.

Ironman attack....hey (I love Thor and hated to see him lose) you got the to give us Thor fanboys something to hang there hat on. It took the rest of the Avengers to put Superman down.

He still woke up from being knocked out as quick as Thor....who was only attacked by one person. Superman was gang raped.

JakeTheBank
Gladiator also exploited a now-defunct enchantment which left Thor depowered into Jake Olsen.

Philosophía
Lawlz @ people considering the speed advantage the only reason for why other heralds are even able to stand up to Thor.

Originally posted by batdude123

Newjak

Sin I AM
doomsday would beat him smile

BullwinkleMoose
Going by the Tier Rankings, I'll take Swamp Thing (listed as a Mid Herald) over Thor any day.

Hyperion Prime
Gladiator also exploited a now-defunct enchantment which left Thor depowered into Jake Olsen.

That's not what I was reffering to though. I did not mean he would turn back into a human. I was saying to disarm him, because Thor's hammer is a huge advantage.

JakeTheBank
Of course it is, but Thor has the ability to summon Mjolnir back to him at a moment's notice, so briefly disarming him isn't going to spell instant defeat for him.

Hyperion Prime
Of course it is, but Thor has the ability to summon Mjolnir back to him at a moment's notice, so briefly disarming him isn't going to spell instant defeat for him.

ehh good point. I am losing my mind in my old age. wink

leonidas
i just think of thor hitting with mjollnir with flash's speed, or even clark's speed..... he could be doing that and summon massive magical lightning bolts at the same time. his ability to take far far less punishment would be HUGE in this.

i actually find it a little easier to look at the inverse--what if everyone who fought thor fought with regular brawling speed? superman could still win, but his ability to dodge damage would be severely hindered and so i think the advantage would shift to thor. he'd have next to zero chance of getting out of the way of a lightning bolt, for instance. several at one time? he'd be in major trouble imo. we've seen lightning--on panel--harm ss. without the ability to dodge he would also be in some trouble, though ss would still have a very good chance via air transmutation (for one simple example). speed is ONE of the reasons i think ss can beat regular thor for about a split out of 10, but it's not the biggest reason i give it to ss. with speed equal--thor gets the nod from me.

certainly i think the others could still win, but i think the edge goes to thor in most cases, again, except perhaps runner.

carver9
ehh good point. I am losing my mind in my old age. wink

Naah, not the old age... its that Hulk and Wonder Woman biasness that's clogged up in that brain.

Hyperion Prime
Naah, not the old age... its that Hulk and Wonder Woman biasness that's clogged up in that brain.

pissed2barksfu

dmills

kgkg
Thor is not the best sorry.

carver9
Originally posted by kgkg
Thor is not the best sorry.

Majority say he is. The only people that say he isn't is the ones we already know how their thoughts are on the character. IMO, the only saving grace these characters have over Thor is speed, without that, game set and done, they don't stand a chance in hell against him.

ares834
Majority say he is. The only people that say he isn't is the ones we already know how their thoughts are on the character. IMO, the only saving grace these characters have over Thor is speed, without that, game set and done, they don't stand a chance in hell against him.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

And the only "saving grace" Thor has over these other characters is his hammer...

Hyperion Prime

That's bullshit I think Thor loses and I am not a Thor hater. So anyone who thinks Thor loses is a hater. I have no problems admiting what characters I hate and Thor isn't one of them.

Newjak
Majority say he is. The only people that say he isn't is the ones we already know how their thoughts are on the character. IMO, the only saving grace these characters have over Thor is speed, without that, game set and done, they don't stand a chance in hell against him. It's not that they can't win or make it a fight. It's just a unbalancing thing imo.

One of things that Balanced Thor out against the others is the fact he is considered the slowest major high herald. The reason he was still balanced despite that fact is that imo he is very good across the board stat wise, and his damage output is 2nd to none in the High Herald category imo.

You take that delicate balance away and yeah he's going to start getting more decisive wins because what balanced him out before isn't there anymore

You can take any high herald and do the same thing.

Superman, give him real versatility and I would say he's going to get a decisive victory over a lot of people.

Give GLs Superman strength and they are gonna get large majorities against characters I wouldn't give them a nod against before.

You take away the speed advantage and all of a sudden Thor is going to be landing those devastating attacks a lot more frequently then normal. Basically what Leo said.

carver9
That's bullshit I think Thor loses and I am not a Thor hater. So anyone who thinks Thor loses is a hater. I have no problems admiting what characters I hate and Thor isn't one of them.

Not saying that you are a hater but a character that is just as strong as any Herald, just as durable as any Herald, blunt force is better than any Herald, is more versatile than any Herald (minus Surfer), has the most powerful output of energy out of any Herald, and is packing a magical indestructible hammer that packs the heaviest hits out of any Herald, I see no reason wh Thor shouldn't be able to run through all of these Heralds with ease with an increase in speed. Speed was their only saving grace against him, without it, someone is getting pounded to sleep... 10/10 pound to sleep.

Batman-Prime
Thor is not the best, he is one of the best though. People like Rage make you like the char, people like Carver (who exagerate some chars and lowball others) accomplish the contrary.

Eat sh*t Carver stick out tongue

Kidding.

No Thor's Advantage with the speed would be his Weapon, without it, he would be behind the better Heralds.
I don't say that he is a wimp without Mjolnir, but it is his greatest "Ability".

carver9
Behind Heralds? Hell naw. Thor IS the most powerful Herald imo and his feats proves this.

Hyperion Prime
Behind Heralds? Hell naw. Thor IS the most powerful Herald imo and his feats proves this.

Why are you wanking Thor now? before you were all over Gladiator and Hulks tip. Are you finally admitting Thor>>WWH cool

JakeTheBank
Carver, stop defending Thor

-Pr-

I'm now genuinely worried that you're under the effects of some mind altering habit.

Mindset
carver is right.

JakeTheBank
bwah ha ha @ the sig

Diesldude
Why are you wanking Thor now? before you were all over Gladiator and Hulks tip. Are you finally admitting Thor>>WWH cool

He believes WWH is above heralds. I really think he is taking shots when he refers to Thor, and superman as heralds, becauase if you accept it, then you accept that Hulk is greater than Thor or Superman.

carver9
Originally posted by Diesldude
He believes WWH is above heralds. I really think he is taking shots when he refers to Thor, and superman as heralds, becauase if you accept it, then you accept that Hulk is greater than Thor or Superman.

I never said that Hulk is above Herald level but what I did say is that WWH could beat Thor. What I also said is that Thor could pull a 8 or 9/10 against Gladiator and I have no shame in saying it. I have ALWAYS gave Thor the high majority over any Herald and again, I have no shame in saying it, he has proven it imo.

Jake, I will always defend Thor.

@Mindset...

That sig is HILARIOUS lol.

joesha28
He is... i rather have Thor protecting earth than any other heroes.

Simbon
This thread is incredibly stupid; if we did another where superman received the versatility of any of the high heralds he was put up against, would that prove he is the best herald? There is no single best herald, because if Thor had superman's speed, or Supes had surfer's versatility, they would above high herald.

King Kandy
Thor would be lethal with this upgrade for sure. The only possibility from this list, i think is runner due to his far above SS levels of power and likeability aura.

carver9
This thread is incredibly stupid; if we did another where superman received the versatility of any of the high heralds he was put up against, would that prove he is the best herald? There is no single best herald, because if Thor had superman's speed, or Supes had surfer's versatility, they would above high herald.

The only thing that limit Thor from crushing his opponents IS speed. He should be just as fast as any Herald, writers just doesn't do him that type of justice. Receiving versatility upgrade is "many" whereas Thor only lack at being trans + is speed. Give Thor speed and no one will stand in his way.

kgkg
Majority say he is. The only people that say he isn't is the ones we already know how their thoughts are on the character. IMO, the only saving grace these characters have over Thor is speed, without that, game set and done, they don't stand a chance in hell against him. Your taking about majority? laughing out loud Aren't you always fighting the majority on this forum?

I'm right those people are wrong.

ares834
He should be just as fast as any Herald, writers just doesn't do him that type of justice.

Why? Because you think he should?

Simbon
You know Carver, if you REALLY loved Thor, Hulk, and Gladiator, you would accept them for who they are.

-Pr-
The only thing that limit Thor from crushing his opponents IS speed. He should be just as fast as any Herald, writers just doesn't do him that type of justice. Receiving versatility upgrade is "many" whereas Thor only lack at being trans + is speed. Give Thor speed and no one will stand in his way.

You can't possibly read Thor.

Hyperion Prime
You know Carver, if you REALLY loved Thor, Hulk, and Gladiator, you would accept them for who they are.

He just started this Thor nut swinging. I have been trying to tell him for ever that Thor is better than WWH. I guess I finally convinced him.

BullwinkleMoose

There is no way Thor is beating Swamp Thing

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
You can't possibly read Thor.

laughing

I read him... that's why I am saying what I am saying.

@Hyperion... Thor cannot beat WWHulk.

@Bullwinkle...

Given Thor versatility and power output, he has the tools to bring Swamp Thing down.

Batman-Prime
Given Thor versatility and power output, he has the tools to bring Swamp Thing down.

Thor cannot beat WWHulk.

laughing

CosmicComet
Carver, you are a good dude. But that was ****ed up. lol.

Diesldude
laughing

@Hyperion... Thor cannot beat WWHulk.

How can he not beat WWH? Does he need to be a sky-father?

Simbon
laughing

I read him... that's why I am saying what I am saying.

In the Lieh Tzu it tells the story of a man from the state of Ch'i who had a burning lust for gold. One morning he rose up in his usual fashion, got dressed, put on his hat, and went to the marketplace, where he proceeded directly to the stalls of the moneychangers, seized the gold that they kept there, and tried to walk away before he was seized by the police. When he was brought before the magistrate, he was asked why he had attempted his crime in broad daylight and in view of so many people. "When I took the money," he said, "I did not see anybody else; all I saw was the gold."

JakeTheBank
WTF.

Carver, as a Thor fan, please stop. lol

Thor sure as phuck isn't beating Swamp Thing.

carver9
In the Lieh Tzu it tells the story of a man from the state of Ch'i who had a burning lust for gold. One morning he rose up in his usual fashion, got dressed, put on his hat, and went to the marketplace, where he proceeded directly to the stalls of the moneychangers, seized the gold that they kept there, and tried to walk away before he was seized by the police. When he was brought before the magistrate, he was asked why he had attempted his crime in broad daylight and in view of so many people. "When I took the money," he said, "I did not see anybody else; all I saw was the gold."

Wow

carver9
WTF.

Carver, as a Thor fan, please stop. lol

lol

I got this.

JakeTheBank
lol

I got this.

Nay, Carver.

Nay.

Mindset
lol

I got this. laughing out loud

Simbon
lol

I got this.

Meditate upon the Lieh Tzu.

Tha C-Master
He'd beat most, but Wally is tricky with his special moves.

janus77

1. Surfer 4-5/10 for Thor
2. Superman 8/10 for Thor
3. Captain Marvel 7-8/10 for Thor
4. Wally 10/10 for Thor
5. Runner 4/10 for Thor
6. Black Adam 7-8/10 for Thor

even with such a massive upgrade as this, I doubt he can overcome Surfer's superior versatility, durability, range of attacks and reflexes.

Surfer could just phase through all of Thor's attacks, whilst using the board to attack from other angles and using the PC to trap and bfr mjolnir (for a while).

Surfer >> Thor because of his overall abilities, not just the superior (vastly superior) speed.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>