Mid Heralds vs High Heralds

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
This is using the KMC tier listing...

Mid Heralds...

Nova Prime
Beta Ray Bill
Black Bolt
Captain Mavel

vs

Superman
Orion
Kyle
Manchester Black (don't know if he is High Herald or not)

Who wins?

-Pr-
You don't know how highly rated he is, but you argue against him in threads? mmm

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
You don't know how highly rated he is, but you argue against him in threads? mmm

Lol... didn't see him on the tier thread... imo he is high meta/low Herald BUT some people might view him different.

How did you post in my thread before I even got the chance to submit it.

Mod power.

Harbinger
Team two. It's a good fight, though. Problem for team one is that there's no viable counter to either Supes (as a whole) or Black's telepathy.

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
Lol... didn't see him on the tier thread... imo he is high meta/low Herald BUT some people might view him different.

How did you post in my thread before I even got the chance to submit it.

Mod power.

I'm that bored.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Harbinger
Black's telepathy.

Nova is psi-proof. Black Bolt has good showings agaist TP too ... and isn't BRB a robot?

Which Captain Marvel is used here?

not saying they win though.

carver9
Regular Captain Marvel.

At Pr... lol .

Scoobless
Regular Captain Marvel.

Mar Vell
Genis
Phyla
Noh Varr
Monica Rambeau
Billy Batson

Did Freddy Freeman use the name?

Soooo .... regular???

wink

illadelph12
If I recall the tier thread correctly, it's Mar Vell that's considered Mid Herald. DC's Captain Marvel (Billy) was high herald, and most of the others mentioned were either not listed or not listed as Captain Marvel (I think only Genis and Monica were listed).

Hyperion Prime
This is using the KMC tier listing...

Mid Heralds...

Nova Prime
Beta Ray Bill
Black Bolt
Captain Mavel

vs

Superman
Orion
Kyle
Manchester Black (don't know if he is High Herald or not)

Who wins?

Captain Marvel "Billy batson" is high herald not mid-herald.

Harbinger
Nah, I think Billy's a mid. But then again, I thought Orion was also considered mid by that same list?

carver9
(DOriginally posted by illadelph12
If I recall the tier thread correctly, it's Mar Vell that's considered Mid Herald. DC's Captain Marvel (Billy) was high herald, and most of the others mentioned were either not listed or not listed as Captain Marvel (I think only Genis and Monica were listed).

On the tier thread, both Black Adam AND Captain Marvel (DC) are mid Heralds.

Hyperion Prime
Nah, I think Billy's a mid. But then again, I thought Orion was also considered mid by that same list?

Orion has never lost to Superman and has stalemated him everytime. There is no way he is mid.

Harbinger
That's completely irrelevant to my post.

Hyperion Prime

Not really. If Superman is High then how can Orion not be?

carver9

laughing

Harbinger
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
Not really. If Superman is High then how can Orion not be? Try reading the gotdamn thread next time. We're talking about how they're arranged on the board's tier list. On said list, Billy and Orion are both listed as mid-heralds.

carver9
Not really. If Superman is High then how can Orion not be?

He isn't arguing that Orion is or isn't High Herald... he is telling you their placement on a tier thread that he did not make.

Hyperion Prime
Try reading the gotdamn thread next time. We're talking about how they're arranged on the board's tier list. On said list, Billy and Orion are both listed as mid-heralds.

Hey no need in being a dick about it. wink

Hyperion Prime
He isn't arguing that Orion is or isn't High Herald... he is telling you their placement on a tier thread that he did not make.

I knew what he meant. I dont care who made it. its wrong

carver9
Hey no need in being a dick about it. wink

No comment.

Hyperion Prime
You make people act like a d***. I have shaved my head completely bald fu**** with yow a**. I think you purposely try to irritate people.

Maybe people are just to sensitive. This is a board about fictional characters. How serious can you take it. I mean to get mad even...imagine. Lol...whut? glare

iceman24567
Oh he mad

Bentley
Superman would give them a fight by himself, team 1 is completely outmatched.

Hyperion Prime
No comment.

You make people act like a d***. I have shaved my head completely bald fu**** with yow a**. I think you purposely try to irritate people.

Way to try and change it. You most certainly had a comment

carver9
Originally posted by Bentley

What the hell?

carver9
Way to try and change it. You most certainly had a comment

Stop editing my post. big grin

dmills

What the hell?

laughing out loud Somebody please make that thread.

Hyperion Prime
Stop editing my post. big grin

laughing You suck....you know I didn't edit that. I am not clever enough big grin

carver9
laughing You suck....you know I didn't edit that. I am not clever enough big grin

Tattle tale. mad

iceman24567
Superman would give them a fight by himself, team 1 is completely outmatched. Gotta disagree with that team one would rip Superman a new one in like 6 seconds mostly due to Billy

Q99
Someone *really* needs to start a new tier list. The old one just has so many issues.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Q99
Someone *really* needs to start a new tier list. The old one just has so many issues. Like your face?

CosmicComet
that's cold man, like your avy/sig set. cool

ares834
no expression

Bentley
Originally posted by iceman24567
Gotta disagree with that team one would rip Superman a new one in like 6 seconds mostly due to Billy

Actually, both BRB and CM would give Kal a hard time by themselves, as a team they take him. BUT, since he's faster than everyone here, he would deal damage before going down.

Not saying he would win :P

carver9
Actually, both BRB and CM would give Kal a hard time by themselves, as a team they take him. BUT, since he's faster than everyone here, he would deal damage before going down.

Not saying he would win :P

WTF

dmills
Originally posted by Q99
Someone *really* needs to start a new tier list. The old one just has so many issues. It'd be a cluster **** just like the last one was. Besides, I think we generally have a good feel for who belongs where.

The main issue that I see nowadays isn't tier related, but rather with the various debate methods floating around which affect how people view certain characters with regards to the tiers. Some guys debate powersets, some debate portrayal and yet still others debate feats/showings. We need a firm and consistent debating structure in place. Then the tiers will naturally fall into place imo.

Funnily enough, Rage and I had a discussion about this a few weeks ago in another thread. I viewed a particular character in much higher regard then he did and for the life of me I couldn't understand his rationale behind tiering the character so low until he explained the context that he views these debates in, i.e. showings relative to other -in his view- similarly tiered characters. So while I don't particularly agree with using this method exclusively, I at least understand why Rage and a few others think what they think about said character -if I looked at it purely in terms of "showings"- and it makes perfect sense. I suspect that this applies to a few other characters as well, but this one character -for various reasons- is particularly difficult to pin down tier wise and thus seems to be the one that causes the most cognitive dissonance among the forum.

Q99
Originally posted by dmills
It'd be a cluster **** just like the last one was.

The last martial artist thread I was around for worked out fine. A ranking thread isn't necessarily doomed to failure.

IMO, this only helps.

dmills
Originally posted by Q99
The last martial artist thread I was around for worked out fine. A ranking thread isn't necessarily doomed to failure.

Fair enough, but the MA thread featured a very specific subject matter at hand, "martial arts". A "tiers" thread involves a much broader range of subject matter, all with varying sets of little intricacies. "This guy beat that guy but he's tiered lower" this guy had a power up" "this guy has the same power set as that guy so why is he lower?" etc etc.

Omega Vision
If we made a new tier list I'd suggest getting rid of Low, Mid, and High anything.

As I understand it they were never supposed to provide an exact measure of where everyone is relative to everyone else, just a general idea so that people wouldn't make spite threads as much.

Look at all the discussions involving Wonder Woman, Magneto, and Black Bolt and tell me with a straight face that its always easy to tell whether a Herald is Low, Mid, or High.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Omega Vision
If we made a new tier list I'd suggest getting rid of Low, Mid, and High anything.

As I understand it they were never supposed to provide an exact measure of where everyone is relative to everyone else, just a general idea so that people wouldn't make spite threads as much.

Look at all the discussions involving Wonder Woman, Magneto, and Black Bolt and tell me with a straight face that its always easy to tell whether a Herald is Low, Mid, or High. so whats the low and upper range of who belongs in herald?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Starscream M
so whats the low and upper range of who belongs in herald?
Well even that's tricky.

I'd say Thor, Superman, and Surfer at their best are all the upper crust.

The bottom end is trickier. I'd say Namor is probably there most of the time.

Starscream M
Well even that's tricky.

I'd say Thor, Superman, and Surfer at their best are all the upper crust.

The bottom end is trickier. I'd say Namor is probably there most of the time. ok, but in effect isn't that defacto creating a low and high separation of the herald tiers?

Sin I AM
I'd say Namor is probably there most of the time.

Namor?....hmmmmmmmmm, elite meta but herald nah

Mindset
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Namor?....hmmmmmmmmm, elite meta but herald nah I disagree, let's fight.

Black bolt z
I view all the mid heralds as high.

I mean at least bill. He is more or less thors equal.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.