Green Lantern Priest Vs Ion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
Sodam Yat Ion. Who wins?

Tazer
Yo.

the way Yat comes off as a GL, Priest schools'im

Tazer

Galan007
Aside from not needing a ring/battery, did Priest do anything noteworthy? I skimmed through his handful of appearances, and nothing really stood out... /shrug

~The Wickerman~
Originally posted by Galan007
Aside from not needing a ring/battery, did Priest do anything noteworthy? I skimmed through his handful of appearances, and nothing really stood out... /shrug

Oh Em Gee ! You've got Lucien from KOTOR in your avvy !!!!!!!!

eek!

Galan007
o ure gud. wink

JakeTheBank

No, you're right. He really didn't, at least nothing that would warrant him beating Yat as Ion.

Tazer
Yo.

when it comes to skill, Priest would be a lvls above him; so unless he just relied on his Daxamite abilities, I dont see Yat doing much to him in a GL-esque fight.

Tazer

Galan007
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
No, you're right. He really didn't, at least nothing that would warrant him beating Yat as Ion. That's what I was thinking. Yat owning Alex Nero with a gesture, for instance, would be well beyond anything we saw Priest do.

Prep-Man
Didn't Priest build OA?

Tazer
Yo.

That's what I was thinking. Yat owning Alex Nero with a gesture, for instance, would be well beyond anything we saw Priest do.

how impressive is it to own a guy who's tapping into the same source of energy that yur powered off of? cuz thats exactly the case here, so wat we saw was Yat exploit a connection, which is smart but hardly extraordinary, and certainly not something that shows Yat >>> Priest.

and not exactly, about Oa: Priest made an illusion/replica that fooled Hal, but Im not sure if he CONSTRUCTED A WHOLE PLANET; its not really clear from wat I remember.

Tazer

~The Wickerman~
o ure gud. wink

I know my SW sir. biscuits

You have my respect for not having anything from legacy in there. I would've had to track you down and slap you if you did. sneer

Galan007
Originally posted by Tazer
how impressive is it to own a guy who's tapping into the same source of energy that yur powered off of? cuz thats exactly the case here, so wat we saw was Yat exploit a connection, which is smart but hardly extraordinary, and certainly not something that shows Yat >>> Priest. Yat used the connection to convert Nero's energies across the board, subsequently KO'ing him. Pretty impressive all things considered.

Regardless, can you name a feat Priest preformed that was better?

Originally posted by ~The Wickerman~
I know my SW sir. biscuits

You have my respect for not having anything from legacy in there. I would've had to track you down and slap you if you did. sneer You didn't like Legacy? sly

~The Wickerman~
You didn't like Legacy? sly

Oh God no. "Let's make a story about the biggest fu*king douche you can imagine, and give him awesome force abilities. But he's a huge douche.

How do you expect to get sales from that?

Hmm..Good question. Let's make him a Skywalker.

*hifive!*"

no expression

No.

Did you see the Sith names? What 13 year old teenage boy came up with those? Have you SEEN such crap in your life? I half expected to see "Darth Uber" and "Darth 2Awesome4u" in every issue, that's about the level of maturity their names had.

Galan007
Oh God no. "Let's make a story about the biggest fu*king douche you can imagine, and give him awesome force abilities. But he's a huge douche.

How do you expect to get sales from that?

Hmm..Good question. Let's make him a Skywalker.

*hifive!*"

no expression

No.

Did you see the Sith names? What 13 year old teenage boy came up with those? Have you SEEN such crap in your life? I half expected to see "Darth Uber" and "Darth 2Awesome4u" in every issue, that's about the level of maturity their names had. laughing out loud

I actually liked Darth Krayt and Wyyrlock. Everyone else was meh.

~The Wickerman~
laughing out loud

I actually liked Darth Krayt and Wyyrlock. Everyone else was meh.

Wyyrlock was cool (poor Andeddu jobbed sooo badly didn't he?). Krayt isn't a legacy-specific good (as you surely know) so you can't credit Legacy for him. laughing out loud

My personal faves were Bantha Rawk and Treis Sinde. Rawk just for being an awesome rawker, and Sinde cause he just seemed awesome in every way. Humanitarian, but still a loyal soldier. Powerful and imposing respect, but not ridiculously overpowered. Just right.

Galan007
Krayt isn't a legacy-specific good (as you surely know) so you can't credit Legacy for him. laughing out loud Technically, Darth Krayt is Legacy-specific. A'Sharad Hett isn't. stick out tongue

~The Wickerman~
Technically, Darth Krayt is Legacy-specific. A'Sharad Hett isn't. stick out tongue

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Fiiine, you know what I meant. stick out tongue

Tazer
Yo.

Yat used the connection to convert Nero's energies across the board, subsequently KO'ing him. Pretty impressive all things considered.

Regardless, can you name a feat Priest preformed that was better?

sure: being able to use the GE as effectively as he did w/o a Ring easily take that place, but to that I'll also add out-muscling Hals will over his own Ring too...... big grin

Tazer

Galan007
but to that I'll also add out-muscling Hals will over his own Ring too...... You mean when Hal's ring wasn't responding to his commands, due to him not being in his own sector of space? Because that's why it wasn't working properly...

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/2678/unledtxe.th.jpg

Tazer
Yo.

right, but then he DID start using it........right?? so how did that occur again if the CPB was *still* out of commission? big grin

Tazer

Galan007
right, but then he DID start using it........right?? so how did that occur again if the CPB was *still* out of commission? Because Priest trained Hal how to use the ring in a different space sector:

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/9161/glring.th.jpg

That's how.

Tazer
Yo.

thanks for helping me show how skilled a RingSlinger Priest was, and even over Hal comrade, much abliged there......... big grin

Tazer

Galan007
thanks for helping me show how skilled a RingSlinger Priest was, and even over Hal comrade, much abliged there......... Eh, wut? confused

When the Battery was destroyed, Hal was unable to use his ring properly in other sectors of space, because the Battery wasn't there to automatically reprogram his ring to function correctly in sectors outside his own (as it had every single time before.) So obviously Hal never had the need to learn how to use his ring in these areas - he'd always relied on the Battery to do it for him... That's when Priest stepped in and helped train him how to use his ring properly again.

So what does that mean where Priest is concerned? It means that he knew how to function independent from the Battery (which we already knew), thus he could train Hal how to use his ring in other sectors of the universe. How you think that would help him defeat Yat, though, is entirely beyond me...

Mindset
Aside from not needing a ring/battery, did Priest do anything noteworthy? I skimmed through his handful of appearances, and nothing really stood out... /shrug Sounds like Ion 2.

Galan007
Originally posted by Mindset
Sounds like a featless Ion 2. Fixed. peaches

Mindset
You're featless!~

Galan007
That's not what your mom said. vin

Mindset
Yea, she said you were feetless.

Galan007
Amputees are pretty sexy. ermmnone

Tazer
Yo.

Eh, wut? confused

When the Battery was destroyed, Hal was unable to use his ring properly in other sectors of space, because the Battery wasn't there to automatically reprogram his ring to function correctly in sectors outside his own (as it had every single time before.) So obviously Hal never had the need to learn how to use his ring in these areas - he'd always relied on the Battery to do it for him... That's when Priest stepped in and helped train him how to use his ring properly again.

So what does that mean where Priest is concerned? It means that he knew how to function independent from the Battery (which we already knew), thus he could train Hal how to use his ring in other sectors of the universe. How you think that would help him defeat Yat, though, is entirely beyond me...

so in essence: he took the top participant of wat remained of the GLC, and showed'em how to work past a broken function of a standard piece of equipment, before he then showed him how to operate independently from it entirely.

yea, Id say that a pretty damned impressive showing of skill, and thanx for helping me make my point (since Im @work atm, and thus lack the ability to provide scans of it myself) of showing something much moreso than we've seen from Yat so far. big grin

Tazer

Galan007
so in essence: he took the top participant of wat remained of the GLC, and showed'em how to work past a broken function of a standard piece of equipment, before he then showed him how to operate independently from it entirely. That isn't even remotely close to what I said. none

I said is that Priest could operate independently from the Battery. NOT Hal. Hal still needed his personal Battery to recharge his energy stores. All Priest did is train Hal how to use his ring in other sectors of space, without needing the main Battery to reprogram it to work in those areas (as it had done every other time before.) That's it.

yea, Id say that a pretty damned impressive showing of skill, and thanx for helping me make my point (since Im @work atm, and thus lack the ability to provide scans of it myself) of showing something much moreso than we've seen from Yat so far. laughing out loud you're reaching for anything to try and make this featless wonder seem superior to Yat, aren't ya?

Tazer
Yo.

thats still wat he did, so even if U didnt SAY IT the fact remains he accomplished it. he DID end up showing Hal that he could operate the Ring despite not having it configured properly, and we DID end up seeing Hal tapping directly into the GE (which was due to Priests manipulations.) big grin

and *yes I am dangit!!*, as Priest has as small an amount of showings as he has (hes shown in wat.....6 or 7 comics MAX, including the 1 where hes found dead), but he still far more impressive than the guy who got a Will -generator in his body and still got punked (BADLY!) by baby Mongul...........

so dont judge me, durnit!! its not my fault...... mad

Tazer

Galan007
thats still wat he did, so even if U didnt SAY IT the fact remains he accomplished it. he DID end up showing Hal that he could operate the Ring despite not having it configured properly, and we DID end up seeing Hal tapping directly into the GE (which was due to Priests manipulations.) big grin

and *yes I am dangit!!*, as Priest has as small an amount of showings as he has (hes shown in wat.....6 or 7 comics MAX, including the 1 where hes found dead), but he still far more impressive than the guy who got a Will -generator in his body and still got punked (BADLY!) by baby Mongul...........

so dont judge me, durnit!! its not my fault...... mad Priest/Hal did exactly what I said. Nothing more, nothing less.

...But I'll let you rant until your heart's content. Fanboy. vin

Tazer
Yo.

*takes the 'Fanboy" -dig & wears it on his shoulder*

Ima wear this like the COMPLIMENT Im sure it was intended to be........SO THERE!!

also, facts're facts, and wat Priest did is simply more impressive than anything Yats done GL-wise (and thats not alot.)

Tazer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.