Lets get this place lively again!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DanielLB
In addition to the "2004ers report in" thread, I thought it would be a nice idea for the old crew (and also newbies) to discus what has happended to them since LOTR!

Is LOTR/Hobbit/Sil/All of Tolkien still your most fave book and film?
Who still watches the film on a regular basis?
When was the last time you read any of Tolkien's books?
What is your best memory of this place? Best/funniest/strangest topic discussed on here?

And why not go further?
Who's older and wiser (or older and still childish lol!)
What do you do now compared to 10 years ago? Did you see yourself doing it? Whose left school and now has to pay taxes?
Share both ups and downs since LOTR and bring this forum back together!

And even to all those newbies since 2004, and all those which will come about.
Where were you when LOTR came out? Were you too young or just didn't appreciate the brilliantness of the films first time round?

We have some exciting times ahead and I look forward to sharing it all again with you guys!

coolmovies
I was in college when LOTR came out that was ten years ago. I was single now i am a married man

dylan2102wright
Yeah I'm bored on this form and I'm new no one answers anything its dead somethings haven't been replyed for months I still want to talk to people but its dead

colossulrage
nice idea for a topic but the way things are here id wager a good 80% maybe more of the people that posted here 10yrs ago have LONG forgotten this site.

DanielLB
Originally posted by colossulrage
nice idea for a topic but the way things are here id wager a good 80% maybe more of the people that posted here 10yrs ago have LONG forgotten this site.

You really think so? I joined early 2004ish and probably lived on here for 3/4 years after that. It wasn't until I went to uni that I frequented here less and less. But in the back of my mind I always thought to check in. As more and more Hobbit news came it didn't take me long to live in here again! Perhaps a lot of old people have forgotten, but once the films get closer people might remember and come back. But there will also be a lot of new joiners also within the next year.

I reckon once the first trailer has aired we will see a marked increase in posters here (both old and new)!!

DanielLB
Originally posted by DanielLB
In addition to the "2004ers report in" thread, I thought it would be a nice idea for the old crew (and also newbies) to discus what has happended to them since LOTR!

Is LOTR/Hobbit/Sil/All of Tolkien still your most fave book and film?
Who still watches the film on a regular basis?
When was the last time you read any of Tolkien's books?
What is your best memory of this place? Best/funniest/strangest topic discussed on here?

And why not go further?
Who's older and wiser (or older and still childish lol!)
What do you do now compared to 10 years ago? Did you see yourself doing it? Whose left school and now has to pay taxes?
Share both ups and downs since LOTR and bring this forum back together!

And even to all those newbies since 2004, and all those which will come about.
Where were you when LOTR came out? Were you too young or just didn't appreciate the brilliantness of the films first time round?

We have some exciting times ahead and I look forward to sharing it all again with you guys!

And as people are demanding more conversations here, and I originally posted this thread, I should probably reply to it!!

The Silmarillion is still, by far, my favourite book of all time. I try to read LOTR/Hobbit/Silmarillion yearly or at least whenever I have time in the year to do it. I finished it a couple of months ago and I always forget why I love it so much. But reading the first page always brings back great memories and I soon remember why I love Tolkien.

I also recently re-read the Hobbit after the Dwarf pictures were released. Progress on the LOTR triology is a bit slow at the moment (currently on TTT) due to work etc.!

As I said in my post above, after 2007 and going to University, I just simply ran out of time. I visited this forum less, I watched LOTR less, and in general LOTR in my life became less. In 2004/2005 LOTR would have always been in my DVD player and on, but that became less and less. Not out of boredom, or because I had better things to watch or to do, but again, work related, and also beacuse of my partner (who doesn't see my passion lol!) Perhaps since 2009/2010 maybe this has changed and again, it's always in my DVD player and will put it on whenever I get the chance. It still enchants me, and that is great!

As for best memory of this forum, I can't really think of anything. All I can really remember was probably having a go at fangirls, and shouting at newbies (and oldies!) saying they were not "true LOTR fans". *cringe* embarrasment ...but I'm sure everyone goes through that phase......... That was nearly 10 years ago now....and honestly...I have matured..... laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.