Mortal Kombat 9 vs. Twilight Princess

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
Shao Kahn sets his sights on hyrule. Both worlds band together with each other. Raiden joins forces here as Shao Kahn agrees to leave earth alone and Link joins with his long time enemy to protect hyrule.

The general earth's population is excluded from Kahn's invasion save for the mk fighters. Everyone else save Shinnok is included which means Quan Chi and Motaro are included.

Who wins ?

MooCowofJustice
I'll yell at you tomorrow Quan. Too tired for this bullshit right now.

TheAuraAngel
If all 3 Triforce users are on the same side, couldn't they just wish them away?

ScreamPaste
Ganondorf soloes, or they triforce them away. GG.

quanchi112
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Ganondorf soloes, or they triforce them away. GG. Based off of what can Ganondorf solo ?

MooCowofJustice
Alright Quan, what will you be poorly disputing today? I am ready for this shit. I've even got my face mask so I can facepalm as hard as you could possibly make me.

BRING IT ON!

BloodRain
Mr.Dorf and his sparkling glove takes the win.

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by BloodRain
Mr.Dorf and his sparkling glove takes the win.

Fatality.

Ridley_Prime
ridleyfacepalm

Allankles
You need all Triforce pieces to change reality or wish people away, so I don't know why that is an option.

I like LoZ but it's not that impressive a universe for this kind of match. A better fantasy universe to match MK with would be Darksiders, God of War and the like, universes that can make all out war with a world spanning empire like Shao Khan's.

NemeBro
Kratos could walk through Shao Khan's armies though.

BloodRain
Only like 5 notable characters in the verse (even if they alone can take the MK chars) having 5 take on a 'world spanning empire' is.. long.

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by Allankles
You need all Triforce pieces to change reality or wish people away, so I don't know why that is an option.

I like LoZ but it's not that impressive a universe for this kind of match. A better fantasy universe to match MK with would be Darksiders, God of War and the like, universes that can make all out war with a world spanning empire like Shao Khan's.

The pieces are contained within Ganon, Link and Zelda. So far all you need to do to put the Triforce together is get them in the same room or something.

Hyrule > you think, apparently.

Allankles
From what I remember of OOT the Tri Force pieces needed to be separated from each wielder, so that a being who is balanced in their inclinations i.e. does not favor any one of the 3 aspects more than another would be able to make a wish.

As long as each piece is wielded by each of the three it's power to affect reality can't be used.

Allankles
Only like 5 notable characters in the verse (even if they alone can take the MK chars) having 5 take on a 'world spanning empire' is.. long.

None in LOZ save the Goddesses can take this MK invasion without an equal army.

NemeBro
Ganondorf can forcibly extract the pieces from Link and Zelda, as he did in WW. Only this time they could agree to it.

MooCowofJustice
From what I remember of OOT the Tri Force pieces needed to be separated from each wielder, so that a being who is balanced in their inclinations i.e. does not favor any one of the 3 aspects more than another would be able to make a wish.

As long as each piece is wielded by each of the three it's power to affect reality can't be used.

Yes. And Ganon's plan to get around this in Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker was to bring all pieces together anyway so that he could then wield the full power of the Triforce.

We have all three of them here. Full Triforce for the winz.

Allankles
Yes Ganondorf could, that was his plan in OOT as well. But then again, he'd still have the previous problem: you know, the Triforce splitting once he's touched it.

MooCowofJustice
Except it won't necessarily do that. no expression And even if it did, it'd just return to those three. So they form it again, and let Link make the wish instead. Like he, and Ganondorf, have both done before.

NemeBro
Yes Ganondorf could, that was his plan in OOT as well. But then again, he'd still have the previous problem: you know, the Triforce splitting once he's touched it. You are aware Ganon has used the full Triforce before right?

After the initial split, he just has to gather the other Triforce wielders. THEN he can use it. Lern2Zeldalore.

Allankles
In that case yeah Hyrule would banish them. Not much of a fight in either case.

ScreamPaste
None in LOZ save the Goddesses can take this MK invasion without an equal army. Ganondorf turns them all into fish of varying degrees of tastiness.

Allankles
Which wouldn't work on necromancers and sorcerers who have shown shape shifting ability, or the ability to draw the souls of countless people at once.

NemeBro
Considering Zant can do that to almost an entire country, yeah.

Allankles
I think just about every noted sorcerer in MK has shown shape shifting ability, this includes people like Shao Khan and Quan-Chi, besides the obvious guys like Shang Tsung. Then there are guys like Ermac have deadly TK that would shut down most magic bolts slung his way.

NemeBro
I meant the soul thing.

Ermac, hahahahahaha.

Zant's TK is more impressive.

He can also warp reality.

His power is but a fraction of Ganondorf's.

Allankles
Originally posted by NemeBro
Considering Zant can do that to almost an entire country, yeah.
You missed the key difference between typical Hyrulians (who don't even have mundane defenses worthy of a fantasy kingdom) vs necromancers and mages who have shown ability to form magical shields/barriers or expansive shape shifting abilities like turning to dragons.

Not to mention the ability to manipulate souls at will or manipulate the life forces of other beings, killing them with a wave or healing them instantly from fatal wounds.

Then you have some of them being actual gods like Raiden, you don't have to see them resisting a spell that turns people into animals to determine that they'd fare better than just about every Hyrulian there is.

Way to many heavy hitters for a guy like Zant or even Ganon who are used to being the only sorcerers around.

Allankles
I meant the soul thing.

Ermac, hahahahahaha.

His power is but a fraction of Ganondorf's.

What's funny? Ermac actually has impressive feats, he'd rip apart most people from Hyrule.

As far Ganon's reality warping is concerned doesn't that just involve magical curses and hexes on key magical figures and locales? Case in point binding the Spirits of Light, don't remember any reality warping from him.

Wouldn't Shao Khan be said to be "warping reality" i.e. affecting time and space by merging realms, as he's done in the past?

MooCowofJustice
"God" is nothing more than a title without feats to back it up.

ScreamPaste
Ganon's power is shown consistently to be on a higher scale than any of the people named, none of whom have any method of harming him. erm

quanchi112
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Alright Quan, what will you be poorly disputing today? I am ready for this shit. I've even got my face mask so I can facepalm as hard as you could possibly make me.

BRING IT ON! Uhm this whole business of this Dorf wishing away anything. He only accessed the power force through his hand when he needed it. It chose him.

There's nothing in the game that leads to the notion it can wish away entire foreign armies.

Kratos could walk through Shao Khan's armies though. No, he wouldn't.Originally posted by NemeBro
Ganondorf can forcibly extract the pieces from Link and Zelda, as he did in WW. Only this time they could agree to it. This is just twilight princess.

quanchi112
I meant the soul thing.

Ermac, hahahahahaha.

His power is but a fraction of Ganondorf's. He warped reality in a tiny room he can't just change entire landscapes and mk's combined sorcery took the souls of a huge chunk of earth's population and were dominating the rest despite their technology and guns.

Guns in the loz mean Link dies and quite easily.

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by quanchi112
Uhm this whole business of this Dorf wishing away anything. He only accessed the power force through his hand when he needed it. It chose him.

There's nothing in the game that leads to the notion it can wish away entire foreign armies.

No, he wouldn't. This is just twilight princess.

The Triforce grants any wish, as stated in game, bro. And wait, are you saying that Ganon's been getting by on his own power in every game, and not the Triforce of Power? 'cause that'd make Ganon even more badass than any of us originally thought.

Ganon is the same guy in every Zelda game.

ScreamPaste
Your ignorance is showing.

RE: Blaxican
I hate this thread.

quanchi112
The Triforce grants any wish, as stated in game, bro. And wait, are you saying that Ganon's been getting by on his own power in every game, and not the Triforce of Power? 'cause that'd make Ganon even more badass than any of us originally thought.

Ganon is the same guy in every Zelda game. When was this stated in twilight princess ? Separate timelines mean alternate universe which isn't applicable.

Dorf used the power triforce by accessing it when he needed it. He never physically possessed the triforce.

Your ignorance is showing. Says the guy who thinks Link can mow down and defeat gunfire.

MooCowofJustice
The Triforce doesn't get any different, bro. Statement in one game = canon in all of 'em.

So, yeah, you just said Ganon's been acting on his own power in every game. All of his feats are his own, and he can perform them without the Triforce of Power. Thanks for making Ganon even more powerful.

ScreamPaste
Link's withstood forces that make bullets look hilariously trivial by comparison, gunfire does nothing.

quanchi112
The Triforce doesn't get any different, bro. Statement in one game = canon in all of 'em.

So, yeah, you just said Ganon's been acting on his own power in every game. All of his feats are his own, and he can perform them without the Triforce of Power. Thanks for making Ganon even more powerful. Alternate timelines mean alternate realities. I get that you really like Zelda and want them all to count but they all don't.

No, Dorf was chosen by the triforce by blind luck/whatever because under his own power the sage dominated him and despite the triforce he still was easily bfr'd.

Dorf is in trouble when Shao Kahn gets ahold of him.

Link's withstood forces that make bullets look hilariously trivial by comparison, gunfire does nothing. So you think bullets don't phase him at all ?

This is getting hysterical.

NemeBro
NEVERMIND

quanchi112
NEVERMIND You're so adorable when you try to be nasty, Never change, new guy.

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
I hate this thread.

Why? :O

*eats popcorn*

ScreamPaste
Feats say that no, they won't. Bullets are hilarious compared to the shit he stands up to.

quanchi112
Feats say that no, they won't. Bullets are hilarious compared to the shit he stands up to. He also gets shoved around and can be hurt by plants. What in the game specifically is comparable to a bullet not being able to pierce his skin ?

MooCowofJustice
Alternate timelines mean alternate realities. I get that you really like Zelda and want them all to count but they all don't.

No, Dorf was chosen by the triforce by blind luck/whatever because under his own power the sage dominated him and despite the triforce he still was easily bfr'd.

Dorf is in trouble when Shao Kahn gets ahold of him.

The same item is in both of them, bro. If Alternate timeline means an alternate reality, it is only in the events that take place in the time of OoT and Majora's Mask. Alternate reality does not have to mean "completely different everything." The items do not change at all.

Don't treat a BFR like it means the Sages were more powerful than him. Because I've seen you say that in the same post as you saying "BFR doesn't mean ____ is less powerful than the guy that BFR'd him." You're full of shit, bro.

...you're full of shit, bro.

That entire post demonstrates your complete ignorance of everything you're trying to convey knowledge of.

Edit: Aaand while I'm posting, he makes the game play arguments. Fantastic.

quanchi112
The same item is in both of them, bro. If Alternate timeline means an alternate reality, it is only in the events that take place in the time of OoT and Majora's Mask. Alternate reality does not have to mean "completely different everything." The items do not change at all.

Don't treat a BFR like it means the Sages were more powerful than him. Because I've seen you say that in the same post as you saying "BFR doesn't mean ____ is less powerful than the guy that BFR'd him." You're full of shit, bro.

...you're full of shit, bro.

That entire post demonstrates your complete ignorance of everything you're trying to convey knowledge of.

Edit: Aaand while I'm posting, he makes the game play arguments. Fantastic. The items weren't used by these characters in any such manner so it isn't a likely tactic by this Link nor by this Dorf so either way the option is off the table though I still don't see it as viable anyways.

I never said there were more powerful he clearly was but they easily beat him despite the triforce of power backing him which makes Dorf look bad.

I played through this game and I get the characters, their abilities, what alternate realities are, what outside games and feats you're so desperately clinging to, etc.

Shao Kahn, Quan Chi, Shang Tsung, Raiden, Goro, Kintaro, Liu Kang, the entire shokan race, the lin kiue, Tarkatans, nether realm, etc. would maul hyrule.

It's army is scared and incompetent, and the twilight world itself isn't immense or massive by any means, and the only prominent characters are way outnumbered by more powerful, more skilled fighters.

BloodRain
Right, so several MK threads have popped up recently.. when is someone gonna show what they can do? Especially against the average vgJoe that dodges bullets and bench-presses tanks.

ScreamPaste
Ohnoes, gameplay. Hey, hey Quan. Swamp Thing is a plant. Fictional plants > IRL plants.

How about when he canonicly puts himself infront of a charging Ganon? Or is shot out of a canon in the sky back to earth?

quanchi112
Right, so several MK threads have popped up recently.. when is someone gonna show what they can do? Especially against the average vgJoe that dodges bullets and bench-presses tanks. Have you played mk ?

NemeBro
That's not proving a claim Quan.

Not everyone is a manchild who has all their expenses paid by wealthy parents so they can get all the new games.

quanchi112
That's not proving a claim Quan.

Not everyone is a manchild who has all their expenses paid by wealthy parents so they can get all the new games. Since when do you have to be wealthy to get a few new games a year ?

They also can be rented or bought used. I don't get why people go into a thread in which they haven't played the game.

NemeBro
Since when do you have to be wealthy to get a few new games a year ?

They also can be rented or bought used. I don't get why people go into a thread in which they haven't played the game. Because you should get Youtube to werk.

MooCowofJustice
The items weren't used by these characters in any such manner so it isn't a likely tactic by this Link nor by this Dorf so either way the option is off the table though I still don't see it as viable anyways.

I don't really care what you see as viable, bro. So you don't need to put that little statement in there to cling on to your pride any more.

You mean the Triforce wasn't used by the characters to grant wishes? Yeah, it was. As many members of the mighty LLLC once said to one much like yourself, "Play a Zelda game."

I never said there were more powerful he clearly was but they easily beat him despite the triforce of power backing him which makes Dorf look bad.

Cool. So his enemies will think less of him and underrate him.

I played through this game and I get the characters, their abilities, what alternate realities are, what outside games and feats you're so desperately clinging to, etc.

You may have played the game, but you clearly don't understand anything beyond that one game. And you even struggle with many aspects of that.

Shao Kahn, Quan Chi, Shang Tsung, Raiden, Goro, Kintaro, Liu Kang, the entire shokan race, the lin kiue, Tarkatans, nether realm, etc. would maul hyrule.

Well it's not hard to beat up ground. It doesn't fight back. Mostly because it isn't alive.

Now the inhabitants of Hyrule. Those they'll have problems with.

It's army is scared and incompetent, and the twilight world itself isn't immense or massive by any means, and the only prominent characters are way outnumbered by more powerful, more skilled fighters.

Play a Zelda game. The only Soldiers you saw in TP were the brand new ones that they had to bring in after all their good ones got killed by otherworldly monsters at the command of Zant.

You keep saying MK characters are more powerful. Why don't you show it? You know exactly what our points for Zelda characters are, but we don't know what yours are for MK. So put up or shut up.

BloodRain
Not wasting money and time to find out something a person can share in a few seconds.

Would stopping a Goron be above bullet damage?

NemeBro
Depends on how fast they were going.

ScreamPaste
By a wide margin, for Dangoro especially. Who I assume is the one you mean.

BloodRain
Meant the ones rolling down the hill at hill speed. Didnt think he caught Dangoro like them.

Edit: Oh wait, yeah he does. No clue how fast either were going, youtube's being a ***** atm.

quanchi112
Because you should get Youtube to werk. It does work I just don't have any sound or usually look up these vids.

I don't really care what you see as viable, bro. So you don't need to put that little statement in there to cling on to your pride any more.

You mean the Triforce wasn't used by the characters to grant wishes? Yeah, it was. As many members of the mighty LLLC once said to one much like yourself, "Play a Zelda game."

Cool. So his enemies will think less of him and underrate him.

You may have played the game, but you clearly don't understand anything beyond that one game. And you even struggle with many aspects of that.

Well it's not hard to beat up ground. It doesn't fight back. Mostly because it isn't alive.

Now the inhabitants of Hyrule. Those they'll have problems with.

Play a Zelda game. The only Soldiers you saw in TP were the brand new ones that they had to bring in after all their good ones got killed by otherworldly monsters at the command of Zant.

You keep saying MK characters are more powerful. Why don't you show it? You know exactly what our points for Zelda characters are, but we don't know what yours are for MK. So put up or shut up. Not in this zelda game by this dorf or by this Link. Why can't you use a feat by these characters ? You do know they all don't share memories right ? So it isn't a viable tactic since no one in this game did so it just shows your bias.

No, Dorf will underrate them as he did Link.

Most of hyrule aren't formidable in any, way, shape or form. The palace guard quivered in their boots. These guys are going to get eaten for lunch. Shao Kahn merged earth realm that's how badass their magic is.

Quan Chi can use dead soldiers so they have to kill them twice.

Yes, the only soldiers were mauled by a weak army led by Zant. They hardly have numbers and you go to their world and stay how small in numbers they are.

Not my fault you haven't played an mk game.

Look at the blast Raiden does and what it blows up. He also reforms and wasn't permanently killed on his own.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvVtoVSzkJw

quanchi112
Not wasting money and time to find out something a person can share in a few seconds.

Would stopping a Goron be above bullet damage? So this proves that Link is bulletproof ? Please tell me you aren't serious.

Zack Fair
Raiden used to be a planet buster in the MK canon comic book. Dunno about that now.

BloodRain
Shhh.. wait and see my boy, wait and see.

Also what time in the clip?

------------------------------------
Planet buster eh? So he's pulling an Akuma in his verse..

quanchi112
Shhh.. wait and see my boy, wait and see.

Also what time in the clip?

------------------------------------
Planet buster eh? So he's pulling an Akuma in his verse.. Towards the end after the dragon king shows up. I didn't watch it again I just put it up for mewtwo.

MooCowofJustice
Not in this zelda game by this dorf or by this Link. Why can't you use a feat by these characters ? You do know they all don't share memories right ? So it isn't a viable tactic since no one in this game did so it just shows your bias.

There is only the one Ganondorf. Not to mention, lore in their own universe on the Triforce doesn't die.

No, Dorf will underrate them as he did Link.

So he'll manipulate them into doing half of his work for him until there are only the few left that he'll kill? He would have done that to Link, if it weren't for that Master Sword. And those meddling kids. Those damn things are everywhere.

Most of hyrule aren't formidable in any, way, shape or form. The palace guard quivered in their boots. These guys are going to get eaten for lunch. Shao Kahn merged earth realm that's how badass their magic is.

The brand new ones did that, yeah. The ones that fought the Shadow Beasts won't.

Ganondorf merged Twilight Realm. That's how badass his magic is.

Quan Chi can use dead soldiers so they have to kill them twice.

Ganondorf has died in any game ever. They have to kill him a lot.

Yes, the only soldiers were mauled by a weak army led by Zant. They hardly have numbers and you go to their world and stay how small in numbers they are.

Twilight Magic will make more out of Khan's soldiers.

Not my fault you haven't played an mk game.

I have played an MK game. Which is why I don't care to play the new one. Reminds me of Gears of War packaged into a fighting game.

Look at the blast Raiden does and what it blows up. He also reforms and wasn't permanently killed on his own.

TP. Castle was blown up. Mmk.

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Raiden used to be a planet buster in the MK canon comic book. Dunno about that now.

Hmmm

This could very well amount to something if this wasn't Quans thread. Sadly it is, and he hates using material outside of the specified game.

NemeBro
Never seen this alleged Raiden planet-busting.

BloodRain
Did you refer to Moo as Mewtwo.. odd.

Platet buster yet his sacrificial blast came nowhere close. Got any scans of the comic?

TheAuraAngel
I'd feel complimented if someone called me Mewtwo.

quanchi112
There is only the one Ganondorf. Not to mention, lore in their own universe on the Triforce doesn't die.

So he'll manipulate them into doing half of his work for him until there are only the few left that he'll kill? He would have done that to Link, if it weren't for that Master Sword. And those meddling kids. Those damn things are everywhere.

The brand new ones did that, yeah. The ones that fought the Shadow Beasts won't.

Ganondorf merged Twilight Realm. That's how badass his magic is.

Ganondorf has died in any game ever. They have to kill him a lot.

Twilight Magic will make more out of Khan's soldiers.

I have played an MK game. Which is why I don't care to play the new one. Reminds me of Gears of War packaged into a fighting game.

TP. Castle was blown up. Mmk. False, if there are alternate timelines then by definition there are multiple dorf's especially since their experiences are different.

How is Dorf manipulating anyone who doesn't do so willingly ? You see these mk guys conquer worlds and not small worlds consisting of far less than millions and numbering more than likely nowhere near 10,000 foes then you can see how outmatched they are.

Also earth would snap, crackle, and pop link and his small world. Shao Kahn brought the pain and would also do so to hyrule which looks to be the size of a big state considering you run up the thing in no time.

Merging a tiny realm with twilight isn't that formidable considering how small and unimpressive it is and the fact a little guy with practically no experience saves the world with minimal help. That alone shows you how incompetent and downright stupid Dorf is considering you say it's the same guy.

Well gee whiz how dumb can a villain get to lose to the same kinda hero time and time again. If you want to argue it's the same guy it takes away from his status and makes him one of the most incompetent villains of all time. Is that what you want, mewtwo ?

Shao Kahn also comes back and like I said Quan Chi is a necromancer and can rezz any fallen mk soldier into his brotherhood of the shadow. Quan Chi created Scorpion as did he create Noob Saibot out of the first Sub Zero when he died so his powers make formidable warriors.

That's just one guy doing this on his own not some off panel mega battle against Midna. Raiden also can come back after self destruction and Shao Kahn is the guy who bested raiden in the first place so it shows you how powerful he is to beat someone who can self destruct after being beaten in combat and still come back for more.

Did you refer to Moo as Mewtwo.. odd.

Platet buster yet his sacrificial blast came nowhere close. Got any scans of the comic? I don't look at any of this as canon nor is raiden portrayed as a planet buster in the games. Raiden's powerful yes but even if this were canon he isn't hitting mk fighters with planet busting attacks just like akuma isn't in his game.

I've also never seen collateral damage as an impressive argument anyways in comics or any medium.

MooCowofJustice
False, if there are alternate timelines then by definition there are multiple dorf's especially since their experiences are different.

K. Then the lore on the item will suffice.

How is Dorf manipulating anyone who doesn't do so willingly ? You see these mk guys conquer worlds and not small worlds consisting of far less than millions and numbering more than likely nowhere near 10,000 foes then you can see how outmatched they are.

He let Link gather those three stones to open the Temple of Time because that would get him into the Sacred Realm easily. And he was right, it got him in there, easily. He then used Link to draw Zelda out of hiding so that he could take her piece of the Triforce. That worked as well.

It is not the size of the dog in the fight, it is the size of the fight in the dog. Yeah. Think about that.

Also earth would snap, crackle, and pop link and his small world. Shao Kahn brought the pain and would also do so to hyrule which looks to be the size of a big state considering you run up the thing in no time.

Hmm, funny. I see the claim, but no showings of Kahn having the ability to do so...

Merging a tiny realm with twilight isn't that formidable considering how small and unimpressive it is and the fact a little guy with practically no experience saves the world with minimal help. That alone shows you how incompetent and downright stupid Dorf is considering you say it's the same guy.

Shao Khan gets beaten by Liu Kang, right? Wooooo, he's so much more impressive! Stop trying to downplay stuff, bro. It's just annoying.

Did you just accept that they aren't all alternate universes? 'cause that's what it looks like.

Well gee whiz how dumb can a villain get to lose to the same kinda hero time and time again. If you want to argue it's the same guy it takes away from his status and makes him one of the most incompetent villains of all time. Is that what you want, mewtwo ?

The Master Sword > Ganondorf, bro. It doesn't have anything to do with Ganon's level of intelligence.

Shao Kahn also comes back and like I said Quan Chi is a necromancer and can rezz any fallen mk soldier into his brotherhood of the shadow. Quan Chi created Scorpion as did he create Noob Saibot out of the first Sub Zero when he died so his powers make formidable warriors.

"Rezz'd" soldiers = Twilight Shadow Beasts.

That's just one guy doing this on his own not some off panel mega battle against Midna. Raiden also can come back after self destruction and Shao Kahn is the guy who bested raiden in the first place so it shows you how powerful he is to beat someone who can self destruct after being beaten in combat and still come back for more.

It wasn't a "mega battle" in Zelda either. One hit, blew up the massive Hyrule Castle.

Raiden has nothing to his name here, as far as I've seen. Victory over him is equivalent to victory over like, Cole McGrath, who at this point has better feats to my knowledge.

Estacado
I see quanchi is spreading his dumbshitness all over KMC first the comic versus now the game versus...

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Estacado
I see quanchi is spreading his dumbshitness all over KMC first the comic versus now the game versus... Yep. "Lolol, a character with reflex and durability feats can handle BULLETS!? OMFG! LIES!" erm

Allankles
Link's withstood forces that make bullets look hilariously trivial by comparison, gunfire does nothing.

Multiple gunmen would kill Link. His Hylian Shield would protect him from one or two gunmen, multiple gunmen on all sides would quite clearly kill him. Only OOT Link that I think of would have the magic to protect himself from gunfire.

And quite honestly Link hasn't faced anything like modern firearms. He has faced more powerful foes sure, but that doesn't mean he's faced the type of challenge mordern firearms would pose.

Allankles

Shao Khan gets beaten by Liu Kang, right? Wooooo, he's so much more impressive! Stop trying to downplay stuff, bro. It's just annoying.

Did you just accept that they aren't all alternate universes? 'cause that's what it looks like.

The Master Sword > Ganondorf, bro. It doesn't have anything to do with Ganon's level of intelligence.

I seriously don't know how you can compare losing to Lui Kang with losing to Link. One is a Shaolin Monk with a number of magical abilities the other is a courageous but generally inexperienced teenager/young adult with a magic sword built to slay evil.

In terms of combat skill, experience and physical prowess there's not much to compare them. I'm not even sure Link has a strength advantage (without gauntlets as he is here) given the fact that Liu Kang's blows have affected guys with the body strength of Goro and Shao Khan.

I think people are underrating MK.

There's that old saying about only being as good as your enemies. Shao Khan has a tone of enemies many of them potent warriors with the supernatural abilities to back them up against his brute strength and sorcery. Ganondorf only has one enemy of note, and thanks to how LoZ always plays out not even Zelda gets to be a significant threat.

Nephthys
Incoming shitstorm in 5...4...3...2.......1..........0!

NemeBro
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL

HELLO MY BABY
HELLO MY HONEY
HELLO MY RAGTIME GAL
SEND ME A KISS BY WIRE
BABY MY HEART'S ON FIRE
IF YOU REFUSE ME
HONEY YOU LOSE ME
THEN YOU'LL BE LEFT ALONE
OH BABY TELEPOHONE
AND TELL ME I'M YOUR OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWN

MooCowofJustice
I seriously don't know how you can compare losing to Lui Kang with losing to Link. One is a Shaolin Monk with a number of magical abilities the other is a courageous but generally inexperienced teenager/young adult with a magic sword built to slay evil.

In terms of combat skill, experience and physical prowess there's not much to compare them. I'm not even sure Link has a strength advantage (without gauntlets as he is here) given the fact that Liu Kang's blows have affected guys with the body strength of Goro and Shao Khan.

I think people are underrating MK.

There's that old saying about only being as good as your enemies. Shao Khan has a tone of enemies many of them potent warriors with the supernatural abilities to back them up against his brute strength and sorcery. Ganondorf only has one enemy of note, and thanks to how LoZ always plays out not even Zelda gets to be a significant threat.

I thought Shaolin Monks had shaved heads. Link isn't unskilled in a sword, part of what makes him Link is a general aptitude for every type of item he's ever put his hands to. He consistently defeats skilled fighters in every game, and is even trained in several. TP Link has been calculated at at least 200 tons in strength.

Zelda's been a pretty big problem in a lot of games. Twilight Princess, for example, where she wields the Light Arrows, and Wind Waker where she does the same.

Nephthys
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL

HELLO MY BABY
HELLO MY HONEY
HELLO MY RAGTIME GAL
SEND ME A KISS BY WIRE
BABY MY HEART'S ON FIRE
IF YOU REFUSE ME
HONEY YOU LOSE ME
THEN YOU'LL BE LEFT ALONE
OH BABY TELEPOHONE
AND TELL ME I'M YOUR OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWN

Dear God! It's even more terrible than I thought! http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-byodame.gif

The Scenario
This ends the same way as most army battles against Twilight Princess.

Namely, Shadow Beast zombie apocalypse.

Light Spirits seal away Mortal Kombat magic.

Zant drops twilight everywhere.

MooCowofJustice
zj1FifK3bbg

BloodRain
I vote for Shadow beast zombie apocalypse. Sounds like teary shreddy fun.

Meioh_Hades
I thought Shaolin Monks had shaved heads.

Tobias, one of the creators of MK, revealed in an interview that he originally intended for Liu Kang to be a traditional bald monk, but Ho Sung Pak, the actor who played Liu in the first 2 MK games, refused to shave his head.

MooCowofJustice
Wow, what a prick.

Nephthys
Couldn't they just hire someone else?

BloodRain
Or edit it out?

NemeBro
Not when you don't shut your ****ing mouth.

Tha C-Master
Bald Liu Kang lol.

quanchi112
K. Then the lore on the item will suffice.

He let Link gather those three stones to open the Temple of Time because that would get him into the Sacred Realm easily. And he was right, it got him in there, easily. He then used Link to draw Zelda out of hiding so that he could take her piece of the Triforce. That worked as well.

It is not the size of the dog in the fight, it is the size of the fight in the dog. Yeah. Think about that.

Hmm, funny. I see the claim, but no showings of Kahn having the ability to do so...

"Rezz'd" soldiers = Twilight Shadow Beasts.

It wasn't a "mega battle" in Zelda either. One hit, blew up the massive Hyrule Castle.

Raiden has nothing to his name here, as far as I've seen. Victory over him is equivalent to victory over like, Cole McGrath, who at this point has better feats to my knowledge. It's out of character and won't be an option. Bottom line.

Dorf needed Zant and in the end was thoroughly stupid in underestimating Link according to you for like the 8th time making him forrest gump stupid.

Play the game it's obvious from mk 3 and in this newer one earth is screwed on their own and needed raiden and his fighters to intervene or else earth is screwed.

If you take a poodle and put it up against a german shepherd I don't care how scrappy the poodle is it's losing.

Shao Kahn getting beaten by an elite fighter who can morph into a dragon isn't bad but getting beaten by someone with little experience/training despite having an entire world behind you is is flat out embarrassing.

I took your reasoning and turned it against you. If you claim it's all the same Ganon then he's the biggest idiot there is in games save Bowser.

Shao Kahn actually wins in the end and Raiden sends a telepathic message in the past back to himself to avert armaggedon.

So one sword can always beat Dorf no matter who wields it. LOL. Dorf was also beaten by sages minus the master sword so he basically loses left and right to no matter who he faces in this tiny world.

The twilight power/realm hasn't shown the power to subjugate other worlds save hyrule while mk has shown the power to dominate modern earth, edenia, etc. Big difference there, Mew2.

Raiden's blast can blow up an army, the entire huge structure in mk, and himself and still come back for more.

Dorf can blow up a castle when fighting Midna so on his own he's never displayed that power unlike Raiden.

Dorf's impressive feats are being chained up and killed, coming back due to the triforce of power and being beaten all the same.

His next claim to fame was coming back due to zant's aid and losing to Link with minor training.

NemeBro
Hey Quan have you ever been penetrated?

quanchi112
Hey Quan have you ever been penetrated? No, I haven't but you sure seem like you have. Tell me what's it like ?

NemeBro
Would you like to try it out Quan? I can help you with that.

TheAuraAngel
Quit flirting you two.

MooCowofJustice
It's out of character and won't be an option. Bottom line.

No, it is not. Zelda and Link will see this invasion of Hyrule as a threat, according to you, and would willingly agree to forming the Triforce to wish to save the Kingdom. And Ganon, being the evil and manipulative person that he is, will see it as an opportunity to see the full Triforce and use it for his own personal gain. He will seize it and wipe out Shao Khan's armies on his own, even though he could do that already. I'm just operating on your assumptions here. They are obviously false, but what harm does it do me if even the false assumptions lead to the correct conclusion?

Dorf needed Zant and in the end was thoroughly stupid in underestimating Link according to you for like the 8th time making him forrest gump stupid.

He didn't underestimate Link though. He just lost to the Master Sword, as expected.

Play the game it's obvious from mk 3 and in this newer one earth is screwed on their own and needed raiden and his fighters to intervene or else earth is screwed.

As I've said, I have played a Mortal Kombat game, and do not care to play another. Ever.

What you said for Raiden =/= feats.

If you take a poodle and put it up against a german shepherd I don't care how scrappy the poodle is it's losing.

It's a saying, bro. Way to be literal about everything and overlook the message in it.

Shao Kahn getting beaten by an elite fighter who can morph into a dragon isn't bad but getting beaten by someone with little experience/training despite having an entire world behind you is is flat out embarrassing.

Don't ignore my previous posts in this thread. Link is not inexperienced, and the Master Sword is almost designed to defeat Ganondorf. It is not embarrassing in the slightest. What is embarrassing is you repeating the same tired arguments expecting them to work.

I took your reasoning and turned it against you. If you claim it's all the same Ganon then he's the biggest idiot there is in games save Bowser.

You took a fact and expanded on it with your own poor reasoning skills while ignoring various other important facts. That is not my reasoning.

Shao Kahn actually wins in the end and Raiden sends a telepathic message in the past back to himself to avert armaggedon.

Cool?

So one sword can always beat Dorf no matter who wields it. LOL. Dorf was also beaten by sages minus the master sword so he basically loses left and right to no matter who he faces in this tiny world.

Nah. The Sword only accepts worthy wielders. It tends to be the guy that's also worthy of receiving the Triforce of Courage and is automatically good with any weapon that touches his fingers.

And see, there you go again. laughing

"Ganon was also beaten by the sages." Do you remember what you posted less than twenty four hours ago? "A BFR doesn't count as a defeat." It is one thing to be dumb about your arguments, it is another to be inconsistent in them.

The twilight power/realm hasn't shown the power to subjugate other worlds save hyrule while mk has shown the power to dominate modern earth, edenia, etc. Big difference there, Mew2.

Yeah, because the dimension that contains Hyrule is so much weaker than any other. There are totally things to sustain that conclusion outside of your own foolishness. No, seriously, there must be dozens of cited statements and crap on that.

Shut up, bro.

Raiden's blast can blow up an army, the entire huge structure in mk, and himself and still come back for more.

You could fit an army inside Hyrule Castle. Hmm...

Dorf can blow up a castle when fighting Midna so on his own he's never displayed that power unlike Raiden.

Dorf > Midna > Castle. Basic logic Quan. Lrn2doit.

Dorf's impressive feats are being chained up and killed, coming back due to the triforce of power and being beaten all the same.

So far his feats > Raiden's, who is the only person you've posted something on.

His next claim to fame was coming back due to zant's aid and losing to Link with minor training.

Zant's aid nothing. He housed part of his power in Zant, who then used this portion of it to conquer another dimension.

Sounds a lot better with different phrasing, doesn't it? I know you're only used to making it sound worse, but I want you to see the other side of that coin, bro.

The Scenario
So is Quanchi still denying that Link is skilled and strong? I would still like to point out that inexperienced weak kids don't tend to kill monsters thirty times their size.

And also technically Twilight Princess Ganondorf has never fought Link or seen the Master Sword before, since he's sorta early on the timeline.

NemeBro
So have we agreed that Liu Kang is a pussy?

quanchi112
Would you like to try it out Quan? I can help you with that. Quit hitting on me you creep.

No, it is not. Zelda and Link will see this invasion of Hyrule as a threat, according to you, and would willingly agree to forming the Triforce to wish to save the Kingdom. And Ganon, being the evil and manipulative person that he is, will see it as an opportunity to see the full Triforce and use it for his own personal gain. He will seize it and wipe out Shao Khan's armies on his own, even though he could do that already. I'm just operating on your assumptions here. They are obviously false, but what harm does it do me if even the false assumptions lead to the correct conclusion?

He didn't underestimate Link though. He just lost to the Master Sword, as expected.

As I've said, I have played a Mortal Kombat game, and do not care to play another. Ever.

What you said for Raiden =/= feats.

It's a saying, bro. Way to be literal about everything and overlook the message in it.

Don't ignore my previous posts in this thread. Link is not inexperienced, and the Master Sword is almost designed to defeat Ganondorf. It is not embarrassing in the slightest. What is embarrassing is you repeating the same tired arguments expecting them to work.

You took a fact and expanded on it with your own poor reasoning skills while ignoring various other important facts. That is not my reasoning.

Cool?

Nah. The Sword only accepts worthy wielders. It tends to be the guy that's also worthy of receiving the Triforce of Courage and is automatically good with any weapon that touches his fingers.

And see, there you go again. laughing

"Ganon was also beaten by the sages." Do you remember what you posted less than twenty four hours ago? "A BFR doesn't count as a defeat." It is one thing to be dumb about your arguments, it is another to be inconsistent in them.

Yeah, because the dimension that contains Hyrule is so much weaker than any other. There are totally things to sustain that conclusion outside of your own foolishness. No, seriously, there must be dozens of cited statements and crap on that.

Shut up, bro.

You could fit an army inside Hyrule Castle. Hmm...

Dorf > Midna > Castle. Basic logic Quan. Lrn2doit.

So far his feats > Raiden's, who is the only person you've posted something on.

Zant's aid nothing. He housed part of his power in Zant, who then used this portion of it to conquer another dimension.

Sounds a lot better with different phrasing, doesn't it? I know you're only used to making it sound worse, but I want you to see the other side of that coin, bro. You haven't proven the triforce is greater than Shao Kahn's magics let alone the entire mk universe which seems vastly more powerful in the games than hyrule's best. I mean hyrule's army was defeated quite handily by shadow beats which weren't portrayed as very uber at all just greater than hyrule's army which was scared in the scene we actually get to see what they are made of.

By saying he loses to the master sword you downplay Link but aren't smart enough to realize it. It would be very easy for Mk to take possession of the master sword after taking it from Link's dead corpse. Quan Chi can make portals practically anywhere and the armies are so vast the combined might of hyrule would be easily overwhelmed considering modern day earth was getting hammered.

Raiden has a feat better than Dorf's feat. He also shows how adept he is at combat unlike Dorf who was easily beaten twice despite being far more powerful with the triforce of power.

Your analogy made no sense. The armies of hyrule all in included in this game lack the manpower, the formidability, and the lack of intelligence by their leaders to tangle with Mk's from the likes of Quan Chi, Shao Kahn, Raiden, and Shang Tsung.

Link is inexperienced he learns throughout the game. He is put in situations and his training begins while in the middle of this mess while mkers have been training for years some of them hundreds of years so they are quite skilled to be in this conflict. Someone like Link wouldn't cut it in mk since he lacks experience, training while in hyrule he has a chance because the army is incompetent and lacks any real warriors to face off against incompetent villains.

That's how badass Raiden is he can send a message to himself after being killed by an amped Shao Kahn.

A bfr is a win because he was sealed away and lost. In the game it's a loss. Only you would argue it isn't out of bias. Link is an inexperienced warrior who gets training while fighting less than uber threats. In mk you need to be adequately training for years to even be in the elite warriors competing in this tournament. No one who showed up can just win the tournament who gets 3 weeks of on the job training but Link can do so with so little time which makes sense because the threat isn't anywhere near as grim as mk threats.

Moderan day earth>>>hyrule which is nothing compared to mk. Hyrule can't deal with modern weaponry but mk easily dominated and merges earth and was only saved by an amped raiden by the elder gods.

The army of hyrule isn't vast at all. I think Raiden can easily take out Link, etc. and a host of others while coming back at a later time due to his powers and having down so before.

Dorf is greater than Midna but their combined attacks destroyed the castle. Nowhere did it show dorf singlehandedly destroy the castle. We saw raiden do so easily on his own.

Raiden has superior power based off of the explosion feat in and of itself. He also seems vastly superior combat wise to Dorf based off of this video against Quan Chi and Shang Tsung.

I think Midna was the only person Dorf actually beat save one sage in twilight princess. LOL.

Without Zant dorf was trapped. Dorf needed him just like Zant needed him. Originally posted by The Scenario
So is Quanchi still denying that Link is skilled and strong? I would still like to point out that inexperienced weak kids don't tend to kill monsters thirty times their size.

And also technically Twilight Princess Ganondorf has never fought Link or seen the Master Sword before, since he's sorta early on the timeline. Link isn't portrayed as strong enough to overpower his enemies provided gear. He also can't just overpower knights in hyrule he has to hit weak spots to kill them. Link is inexperienced compared to mkers who have had hundreds of years to hone their skills. How long would you say this Link trained ?

So have we agreed that Liu Kang is a pussy? Liu Kang, no. To even suggest such shows a lack of understanding a simple premise throughout the mk games.

NemeBro
That Liu Kang is a pussy?

I figured that out for myself babe, I know MK portrayed him as a pussy. Same with Johnny Cage.

quanchi112
That Liu Kang is a pussy?

I figured that out for myself babe, I know MK portrayed him as a pussy. Same with Johnny Cage. Winning 4 tourneys to you equals p--- yet Dorf losing three times in one game equals badass. LOL. You silly.

Allankles
I thought Shaolin Monks had shaved heads. Link isn't unskilled in a sword, part of what makes him Link is a general aptitude for every type of item he's ever put his hands to. He consistently defeats skilled fighters in every game, and is even trained in several. TP Link has been calculated at at least 200 tons in strength.

Didn't say Link was unskilled, he's very skilled just not as skilled as Liu Kang.

Also I always figured that Link's biggest asset was his courage, with the exception of WW Link (who grew up in the same village with a master swordsman), no LoZ game has ever given us even the slightest suggestion that Link received any kind of combat training.

TP Link 200 tons? What feat? I remember Goron wrestling and cattle rustling but nothing else.

ScreamPaste
Multiple gunmen would kill Link. His Hylian Shield would protect him from one or two gunmen, multiple gunmen on all sides would quite clearly kill him. Only OOT Link that I think of would have the magic to protect himself from gunfire.

And quite honestly Link hasn't faced anything like modern firearms. He has faced more powerful foes sure, but that doesn't mean he's faced the type of challenge mordern firearms would pose. Let me put this into terms you can understand, Link has consistently, in all of his incarnations, withstood forces on a much grander scale than bullets, to the extent we can safely and casually say that they will bounce harmlessly off of his skin.

IE: Bullets cannot hurt Link, because he's tanked things that are > bullets.

Multiple gunmen would do nothing. This is neglecting that the ****er is a lightning timer, and no bullet will ever hit him.

http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo141/ShinTwist_ScreamPaste/LinkBattlingAghanim.jpg

ScreamPaste
TP Link is actually and provably well into class 100+ no expression He stops Ganon, and swordlocks Ganondorf, who prove themselves stronger than the gigajoule level OOT Link.

quanchi112
TP Link is actually and provably well into class 100+ no expression He stops Ganon, and swordlocks Ganondorf, who prove themselves stronger than the gigajoule level OOT Link. laughing out loud Looks at Link wield the ball and chain.

Any enemy sword in the game can also harm Link so your logic is bullets bounce right off of him. A boomerang can hurt him as well.

So according to you swords>boomerangs>>bullets.

This makes perfect sense.

ScreamPaste
laughing out loud Looks at Link wield the ball and chain.

Any enemy sword in the game can also harm Link so your logic is bullets bounce right off of him. A boomerang can hurt him as well.

So according to you swords>boomerangs>>bullets.

This makes perfect sense. Oh, look, a strawman fallacy based on gameplay mechanics. Why am I not surprised you'd use such a weak, invalid argument?

Burning thought
I recall moderators telling me that because Link can jump and fire arrows in the gameplay its the way developers programed it, I think it was along the lines of "developers would not display him this way if it was not the case", this swings both ways including how link handles the ball and chain, why would they program/animate him doing it this way if it was not the case?

Sword blocking Ganon is not impressive, as Ganons strength was just enough to knock a sword a few meters in a cutscene.

And Quanchi, depending on the sword (and any enchantment/magics it has) and whos wielding it, it could>>>>>A tanks cannon, let alone bullets. Not everything can be gauged vs a human being when were not talking about human beings or weapons made by them. I dont recall the feat Link has to survive a bullet, but the case stands physical force can beat a bullet.

Also that image of Link does not indicate any speed or reactoins, just him holding up his sword. It would take assumption to suggest he brought it up insantly to reflect whatever the magician (agahnim?) is casting which may or may not be a fast single target lightning bolt equel to natural lightning speed kinda like how in the other videos Ganon shoots slow moving energy balls. In this case even less so, the image clearly shows this specific power having an erratic area of effect.

ScreamPaste
Yes, BT, Aganihm AIMED at Link's sword. /eyeroll.
haermm

Burning thought
I did not say he aimed at anything, by the looks of it its an erratic area of effect weapon. Being lightning (assuming so) it would also send its current through the rod of metal links holding before him....

Theres nothing in that image indicating Link did much of anything speedwise or how fast Aganihm used the spell. So many assumptions but your good at them.

GrieverSquall
Lol, quanchi112 is awesome.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Burning thought
I did not say he aimed at anything, by the looks of it its an erratic area of effect weapon. Being lightning (assuming so) it would also send its current through the rod of metal links holding before him....

Theres nothing in that image indicating Link did much of anything speedwise or how fast Aganihm used the spell. So many assumptions but your good at them.
Yes, because every fictional character that uses lightning is instantly foiled if you're holding a metal object. Except that they aren't, and Ganondorf has displayed this.

He's not aiming at Link's sword, Link's sword can reflect his bullshit. There are no assumptions to be made, the scene being depicted is a classic one from Zelda games called Deadman's volley, where Link and Ganon play tennis with magical death implements. They do this in most of the games.

The image indicates Link got his sword in between himself and the lightning before it hit him. He also does this in the games, it's impossible to beat them without him doing so. IE, Link > Lightning.

Burning thought
Were not talking about every fictional character, in this case this is Aganihm who has an ability thats not accurate, covers an area and a piece of whatever this energy is has been connected to the metal. It could have been a number of things that makes this possible from conduction or its not as fast as you belive, that image does not give you any evidence to suggest Link suddenly put his sword in front of the bolt as it was fired.

Again, no...never said any of this. You have made many assumptions from one image, how fast it happened, that Link reacted to the spell/energy as it came at him etc.

Either it conducted through his sword, Link put it up like you would a shield and deflected it from his face before it struck or the spell takes longer than you belive it took and Link reacted to Aganihms actions.

ScreamPaste
Picked out the important part of your post where you named almost exactly what's happening. Link is reacting to lightning.

Aganihm attacks Link, Link defends himself. All your stretching and WMG is for naught, since we see it happen in the games.

Burning thought
Picked out the important part of your post where you named almost exactly what's happening. Link is reacting to lightning.

Aganihm attacks Link, Link defends himself. All your stretching and WMG is for naught, since we see it happen in the games.

Who are you to say what "exactly is happening", what a load of nonsense laughing , it could be any one of the things that I mentioned.

I would love to see it actually happen in the games. Then I could see the lightning blasting at speeds from the heavens in a flash and Link in slow motion taking it into his sword in the fashion you probably imagine roll eyes (sarcastic)

At least then I dont have to look at still images that dont show anything that you claim.

Nephthys
Um, exactly?

If you look at the picture you can see that Link isn't blocking jack shit. The bolt is arcing around into the blade. BT was right on the money with the lightning rod argument.

Allankles
FFS bullets wouldn't bounce off Link. Where are people getting this from? He's gotten tossed around by monsters and survived but that doesn't equate to having the kind of durability that would make bullets bounce off you.

I could name a ton of characters with better durability feats than Link that don't have the durability to have bullets bounce off them.

Case in point Zoom from DC comics, he's been punched and kicked by people that can pull planets out of orbit, but guess what... bullets would kill him. Durability feats can be very inconsistent.

Burning thought
Is that image even canon as useless as it is? could be a fan art image unless of course it comes up in the manuel or in the game?

Its so useless as a feat, we dont know how the magic was cast, if its even lightning or just resembles it, theres no way to discern whether it was conducted or whether or not it was fast at all and was easy to block. No indication whatsoever of speed, from the magic, Aganihm OR link...

Case in point Zoom from DC comics, he's been punched and kicked by people that can pull planets out of orbit, but guess what... bullets would kill him. Durability feats can be very inconsistent.

Link has no feats anywhere compared to that but more importantly, I dont even think he has feats suggesting he can take the PSI force of a bullet if the best his biggest fan can come up with is Ganons "sword tossing" strike...

MooCowofJustice
Who are you to say what "exactly is happening", what a load of nonsense laughing , it could be any one of the things that I mentioned.

I would love to see it actually happen in the games. Then I could see the lightning blasting at speeds from the heavens in a flash and Link in slow motion taking it into his sword in the fashion you probably imagine roll eyes (sarcastic)

At least then I dont have to look at still images that dont show anything that you claim.

Stop hitting on Paste.

GrieverSquall
This is neglecting that the ****er is a lightning timer

No. He is not. no expression

BloodRain
Scream's the main lightning rod here. Wherever he goes a few seconds later the lightning arguments are sure to follow. If lightning isn't being brought up in this thread then whats the point in discussing it now?

Agree with what Moo said earlier, TPLink is a 200/300 tonner that places both their strength and durability above that of MK with the exception of the few top strength characters who are said to be in the 100 ton range.

TheAuraAngel
Cause it's fun. Now sit down and enjoy the show.

*eats popcorn*

BloodRain
Rather watch Moo do battle with Quan then having the others wave their lightning rods in my face.

NemeBro
BloodRain you are easily the worst debater here.

Do not take the high-ground in this thread.

TheAuraAngel
I feel loved. Always thought I was the worst. :')

But the lightning rod argument is much more entertaining.

NemeBro
It is not that you are better than BloodRain, it is just that, bad as he is, I still consider him a debater.

The same cannot be said for you.

TheAuraAngel
What can be said about me? :O

And to keep my post on topic, TP wins.

BloodRain
...lovely. And its not taking the high-ground, its not getting into something that wont be done with for the nth time that has nothing to do with the thread. =|

Nephthys
BloodRain you are easily the worst debater here.

Do not take the high-ground in this thread.

Yeah Blood, don't give His Imperial Majesty Quan the Great any lip considering your own lowly status. He might not be in a merciful mood and could easily wipe you from the 'net with his glorious light, lmaonade.

NemeBro
Cowardly insect.

MooCowofJustice
Rather watch Moo do battle with Quan then having the others wave their lightning rods in my face.

You find this entertaining? How, in any way, shape, or form, can this possibly be said to be entertaining?

BloodRain
Not so much interesting, rather that then the other stuff. Plus haven't seen you take the lead in a thread in a while.

Allankles
I'm still wondering what makes Link a 200 tonner and Ganondorf by extension. Does that mean that everyone that has banged swords with Link is a 200/300 tonner? Because that logic can be destroyed by a very simple example.

ScreamPaste
I'm still wondering what makes Link a 200 tonner and Ganondorf by extension. Does that mean that everyone that has banged swords with Link is a 200/300 tonner? Because that logic can be destroyed by a very simple example. Throwing Dangoro like a ragdoll while still being embarassingly weak for one puts Link in the class 100 range, but the real juicy feat is overpowering (an albeit weakened) Ganon. Link achieves this at the end of the game, making him physically stronger than OOT Link with the Golden Gauntlets.

Canonicly who's clashed swords in that manner with Link other than Ganon? No one? Thought not.

Regardless, we're arguing semantics. The people arguing Link can be killed with guns or isn't very strong are either 1) ignoring feats and to be ignored themselves, or 2) Trolling, and to be ignored themselves or 3) Dancing around the fact that Ganondorf effortlessly soloes MK.

Burning thought
Canonically banged swords, such as in a cutscene or major event. I dont think the mechanics in a fight with random mobs in the game would count.

ScreamPaste
Canonically banged swords, such as in a cutscene or major event. I dont think the mechanics in a fight with random mobs in the game would count. For once we agree.

Nephthys
I take it we aren't going to discuss Link's 'lightning-timer' feats again are we? Just so I know to check the thread or not.

TheAuraAngel
It will come up again anyway. We all know that. stick out tongue

Nephthys
The eternal question. The Riemann Hypothesis ain't got nothing on Link's Dillemma!

MooCowofJustice
Not so much interesting, rather that then the other stuff. Plus haven't seen you take the lead in a thread in a while.

All you really gotta do to get me to do that is irritate me enough. Not hard at all.

Nephthys
Captain America has a vagina.

NemeBro
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110502230137AAWQJN2

"No. The most evil is Ganondorf. He could kick God's @ss"

Ganondorf could kick God's ass, and is the most evil.

Clearly he wins.

Allankles
Throwing Dangoro like a ragdoll while still being embarassingly weak for one puts Link in the class 100 range, but the real juicy feat is overpowering (an albeit weakened) Ganon. Link achieves this at the end of the game, making him physically stronger than OOT Link with the Golden Gauntlets.

Canonicly who's clashed swords in that manner with Link other than Ganon? No one? Thought not.

Regardless, we're arguing semantics. The people arguing Link can be killed with guns or isn't very strong are either 1) ignoring feats and to be ignored themselves, or 2) Trolling, and to be ignored themselves or 3) Dancing around the fact that Ganondorf effortlessly soloes MK.

Do you know how to gauge weight? Dangoro was less than 50 tons (and 50 is being generous, very generous).

An 18 wheeler is less than 50 tons, Dangoro would be less than 50 tons, closer to 30 tons at the most.

And Ganondorf isn't soloing MK, not without the triforce under his power.

He has to actually have demonstrated combat feats for that. Outworld (Shang Tsung, Quan Chi and Shao Khan in tandem mostly) are more likely to do that kind of thing since they can soul steal a planet.

NemeBro
Do you know how to gauge weight? Dangoro was less than 50 tons (and 50 is being generous, very generous).

An 18 wheeler is less than 50 tons, Dangoro would be less than 50 tons, closer to 30 tons at the most.

And Ganondorf isn't soloing MK, not without the triforce under his power.

He has to actually have demonstrated combat feats for that. Outworld (Shang Tsung, Quan Chi and Shao Khan in tandem mostly) are more likely to do that kind of thing since they can soul steal a planet. Apparently you do not.

An 18 wheeler also contains many hollow points.

5 cubic feet of iron weighs about as much as a car, but does not take up as much space as a car.

Gorons are described as being made of solid rock, and Dangoro is a very large one, as well as being clad in thick metal armour.

TheAuraAngel
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110502230137AAWQJN2

"No. The most evil is Ganondorf. He could kick God's @ss"

Ganondorf could kick God's ass, and is the most evil.

Clearly he wins.

He can kick his @ss as far as being evil. Other dude has better feats. stick out tongue

Allankles
Apparently you do not.

An 18 wheeler also contains many hollow points.

5 cubic feet of iron weighs about as much as a car, but does not take up as much space as a car.

Gorons are described as being made of solid rock, and Dangoro is a very large one, as well as being clad in thick metal armour.

Gorons are also organic and would be made up of not only carbon but water as well. Not to mention things like fat and hollow pockets in their skeleton structure. Gorons aren's stone golems dude.

And even if they were, Dangoro's size doesn't suggest anything above 50 tons. How you'd end up taking that weight and multiplying by 4 or 5 is beyond me.

Also if we're talking 18 wheelers with a container, that just helps my case. Since 18 wheelers are not only made of more dense material but are bigger than Dangoro too.

MooCowofJustice
Gorons are also organic and would be made up of not only carbon but water as well. Not to mention things like fat and hollow pockets in their skeleton structure. Gorons aren's stone golems dude.

And even if they were, Dangoro's size doesn't suggest anything above 50 tons. How you'd end up taking that weight and multiplying by 4 or 5 is beyond me.

Also if we're talking 18 wheelers with a container, that just helps my case. Since 18 wheelers are not only made of more dense material but are bigger than Dangoro too.

It's been said that Gorons are made of rock. And there's plenty to support that.

NemeBro

Also if we're talking 18 wheelers with a container, that just helps my case. Since 18 wheelers are not only made of more dense material but are bigger than Dangoro too. Orly I wasn't aware your own ignorant opinion superceded the canon statement that says Gorons are solid rock. My mistake.

Uhuh. I didn't actually do the calculations though, so not sure why you are telling me this in particular.

I was not. Automobiles are, in fact, not entirely solid, and are actually quite light for their sizes.

Allankles
Orly I wasn't aware your own ignorant opinion superceded the canon statement that says Gorons are solid rock. My mistake.

Uhuh. I didn't actually do the calculations though, so not sure why you are telling me this in particular.

I was not. Automobiles are, in fact, not entirely solid, and are actually quite light for their sizes.

Did I say they were not made of rock? I said they were also organic. They have eyes, lungs, tongues, a robust but organic digestive tract etc etc. I didn't say that a big part of their constitution isn't rock like, I said they're organic too and are filled with all the sacks, air pockets and soft matter that that entails too.

They're not pure rock golems.

And even if they were (and they're not) (a simple study of their quite clear organic parts eyes, tongues etc which extend to their brains, lungs etc would reveal this), Dangoro's size doesn't justify multiplying his weight up to 200 or even 300 tons.

MooCowofJustice
If you told someone that a rock was made of rock, would you mean it's only partially rock?

TheAuraAngel
http://summer.agnesirwin.org/StudentWork/WebDesign_SS2010/derin%20caglar/zelda%20chracters/goron.gif

Does not appear to be made of rock completely. Even if it were it would have to be some magic rock.

So we going with what is seen an assume it is partially rock or going based purely on what the game says?

MooCowofJustice
So, NOW you want to use official art?

That beard could very well just be more rock. How did it get there? I don't ****ing know. Same way Gorons grow, maybe.

If you want to use the fat and the muscles, then how does he have muscular arms with such an enormous gut? Doesn't seem possible with a flesh body to me.

TheAuraAngel
So, NOW you want to use official art?

That beard could very well just be more rock. How did it get there? I don't ****ing know. Same way Gorons grow, maybe.

If you want to use the fat and the muscles, then how does he have muscular arms with such an enormous gut? Doesn't seem possible with a flesh body to me.

When did I ever have a problem with art? :O

That actually is a good point now that I think about it. I dun know how they would grow either.

He works out his arms and eats a lot?

MooCowofJustice
Are you not one of the people who constantly dispute the ALttP art of Agahnim?

Working out burns the fat that'd have to fill up in the stomach area. And for muscles that big, you probably have to work out a lot.

TheAuraAngel
I dispute it because it really does not look like Agahnim is aiming at Link to me. :O

Work out a lot, then eat all you want. Besides, they eat rocks apparently. Obviously their digestive system is different from ours so they probably don't burn calories the same way. If they do at all.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>