Konami HD Collections: Metal Gear, Silent Hill, Zone of Enders

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

S_D_J
I decided to make one thread for these HD collections. Since pretty much each game has it's own thread I thought it'll be redundant to make separate threads for each Collection, specially since they're all Konami titles

though I guess anyone can make a separate thread erm

The Silent Hill: Book of Memories game for PSVita should get it's own thread though, as I think Downpour does smile

E3 2011: Konami's Big Announcements
Metal Gear, Zone of the Enders and every other piece of news from today.

Silent Hill Collection, NGP Title Announced
Remakes and new-makes.

Metal Gear Solid & Zone of Enders HD collection revealed

So there you go everyone can experience the beauty and awesomeness of MGS3, and tolerate MGS2 as everyone who played it before had to no expression

I'm excited Peace Walker gets the HD treatment as well, though I own a PSP, I never got around to playing the game... too bad Portable Ops isn't in on the deal... that would have been perfect

and yay for Silent Hill!!!

... also Zone of Enders smile

S_D_J
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker Sold Separate?
In Japan, the MGS three-pack is now a two-pack; PSN/XBLA releases also considered.

HD Remasters of Metal Gear Solid HD by Bluepoint Games.
The development team behind God of War and World of Ico remasterings is also handing MGS.

Smasandian
It's cool that they are releasing them.

But unless the add MGS4 control scheme to them, I'm not going to even try to play them. MGS pissed the ****ed out of me.

Darth Jello
How about they remaster and rerelease the first two Metal Gear games instead? Or at least add MSX support on Virtual Console in North America?

Nemesis X
Screen shots of SH2:

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/07/25/silent-hill-hd-collection-coming-in-september-october-first-s/

Looks alright. I was thinking about whether to get the HD collection or Downpour but because I'm getting some Homecoming vibes from it, I think I'll get what made the Silent Hill franchise good.

menokokoro
Originally posted by Darth Jello
How about they remaster and rerelease the first two Metal Gear games instead? Or at least add MSX support on Virtual Console in North America? YES! You can play them if you get subsistance, so the translated game exists....idk, they should make that a download or something.

I am a really big mgs fan and all, but honestly...I think they need to put it on the shelf and work on something else. Kojima IS, working on other things, like a new graphics engine, so awesome! But I want to see what other NEW games he can come up with.

Darth Jello
Originally posted by menokokoro
YES! You can play them if you get subsistance, so the translated game exists....idk, they should make that a download or something.

I am a really big mgs fan and all, but honestly...I think they need to put it on the shelf and work on something else. Kojima IS, working on other things, like a new graphics engine, so awesome! But I want to see what other NEW games he can come up with.

Yeah, I've got subsistence and enjoy that second disk a hell of a lot more than the NES games.

If I were Konami and I really wanted to please fans and milk the franchise, I would put out a disk called "Metal Gear: Solid Snake". It would feature four canon missions: a remake of the first Metal Gear blending elements from both the MSX and NES version for a longer mission, a canon remake of Snake's Revenge, a canon remake of Ghost Babel, and a remake/remaster of Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake. As extras/unlockables, I'd put in an image gallery and ports (not emulations) of the original NES, MSX, and GBC versions of the games. You then slap on a sticker claiming some anniversary and saying that it's the complete career of Solid Snake with Foxhound, release a limited special edition with an art book and soundtrack cd and you've got an instant best seller.

socool8520
I'm gonna grab all of these. I loved them all the first time around. they should be even more enjoyable in HD. MGS is my favorite franchise.

S_D_J
My brother's sure gonna pick the MGS collection, so I'll probably end up replaying it, but I'm sure as hell picking up the SH Collection as I never finished SH2 nor ever played SH3

socool8520
Originally posted by S_D_J
My brother's sure gonna pick the MGS collection, so I'll probably end up replaying it, but I'm sure as hell picking up the SH Collection as I never finished SH2 nor ever played SH3

Whaaat? That's blasphemy sir. lol Nah, but seriously, those are definitely the best two in the series.

S_D_J
Originally posted by socool8520
Whaaat? That's blasphemy sir. lol Nah, but seriously, those are definitely the best two in the series.

so I heard smile

I only got halfway through SH2, and the SH3 got scratch so couldn't play it

I'm gonna now

well...Metal Gear Solid HD Collection contains MGS3: Subsistence

not a remake, but they do include the MSX originals big grin

Kazenji
Had a look at the Silent Hill collection it does'nt include the first game, But yet Konami has manage to include the first game for the Metal Gear Solid collection

erm

MadMel
"Including MGS2 and MGS3"

Does that mean NOT MGS1 - you know, the best game in the damn series? erm

Kazenji
I think you misread something.

MadMel
Possibly.
So there is a HD MGS1?

If that's the case I apologize for my minor outburst. stick out tongue

Scythe
Whoa, ZOE!

Kazenji
Originally posted by MadMel
Possibly.
So there is a HD MGS1?

If that's the case I apologize for my minor outburst. stick out tongue

I would like to know that too for the MGS HD collection will we be getting "Twin Snakes" or the old PS1 game but with a HD makeover.

S_D_J
Originally posted by Kazenji
I would like to know that too for the MGS HD collection will we be getting "Twin Snakes" or the old PS1 game but with a HD makeover.

No MGS, neither the ps1 original nor Twin Snakes

It is just MGS2 & 3 and Peace Walker (and the original MG and MG2 included with MGS3)

I Japan is different, though. MGS is included as a download voucher with MGS2 and MGS3, but there's no Peace Walker.

PW has is own separate disc, so I guess we get a better deal here

Kazenji
Thats strange when they're also releasing Peace Walker seperatly.

-Pr-
AFAIK, the only MGS 1 is the one in the store, which is the original, unaltered MGS from PSX.

Here in Canada, we have the collection in our store, and like SDJ said it's 2, 3 and Peace Walker.

Kazenji
From what i've seen theres two releases

the MGS HD collection and also a console version of Peace Walker.

-Pr-

Strange.

S_D_J

it's like that in Australia?

I thought that would be the case in Japan only

Kazenji
So the Silent Hill collection got delayed back to march, Its not all bad because thats when the new game is released too.

socool8520
Originally posted by MadMel
"Including MGS2 and MGS3"

Does that mean NOT MGS1 - you know, the best game in the damn series? erm

I actually thought that MGS3 was the best one until 4 came out and wrapped it all up. i do agree though, that the omission of MGS1 is not cool at all. Although it is downloadable on the PSN I think

Kazenji
f-Iciq3EZqY

aPVOxvABhdA

Darth Ray Park
I actually thought 1 was worst in the series lol, and that each installment improve each time though 2 and 3 are debatabale. imo order is:

MGS4
MGS3
MGS2
MGS1
MGSPW
MGSPO
MG1/2

I think Rising will be slightly worse than Portable Ops maybe.

Darth Ray Park
Hideo Kojima is just porducer of Zone of Enders yes?

Kazenji
And designer just like Metal Gear Solid.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.