"Master of Tae Kwon Do" tournament

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Meioh_Hades
http://www.fightersgeneration.com/np2/char2/char/juri-sf4-portrait.jpg

VS

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2257/2212085172_fd2ea4ecbc.jpg

VS

http://fenixware.net/fab/images/chars/game/kim_faf-30.jpg

VS

http://www.sharewallpapers.org/d/518254-2/Baek+Doo+San.jpg

VS

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac343/LaFamiliaKOF/KOF%20MIniWall/JhunHoon.jpg

Juri Han (debut in Super Street Fighter 4), Hwoarang (debut in Tekken 3), Kim Kaphwan (debut in Fatal Fury 2), Baek Doo San (debut in Tekken 3) and Jhun Hoon (debut in King of Fighters '99), arguably the five most famous Tae Kwon Do masters in fighting games.

Let's think of a round robin between all those fighters in their best shape (when they're canonly portraited at their peak), and after each fight all of them are 100% rejuvenated.

Who will be the winner, and the ultimate "Master of Tae Kwon Do"?

No End N Site
All of them combined <<<<Juri. And all of her feats from the OVA are with a prototype eye. Not even even the real one.

StyleTime
Yeah. Juri unbalances this a bit. She is the clear number 1, so I guess everyone should chime in with who they think takes the number 2 spot.

I'd bank on Hwoarang.

Zack Fair
http://www.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/306411_o.gif has a good time.

RE: Blaxican
I kind of hate Juri. At the same time, though, she appeals to me.

Meioh_Hades
I admit that I like Juri. She's a good "evil sexy bi*ch" and the first true villainess in the Street Fighter universe.

I think too that she's by far the strongest, thanks to her eye implant, and I agree that stating the number 2 is an interesting thread.

Zack Fair
Why do you hate her Blax? You don't like her design or her character? Or maybe gameplay wise? The only thing I don't really like about her is the hairstyle, if she had it down she would look great.

http://danbooru.donmai.us/data/c40e716228e869eef1d3a93e779ef0af.jpg

Juri oneshots everyone and has her way with them 131

My money is on Hwoarang taking 2nd place...after she is gone that is.

http://mangadrawing.net/users/imagecache/image_display/admin/image/street-fighter-han-juri.9fea9c43e0a57e1a967d20d21f9ae7c3-16380.jpg

Meioh_Hades
Interesting fan art.

I think that Juri looks better with loose hairs... Maybe it's 'cause I prefer girls with loose hairs even IRL :P

IIRC her hairstyle is inspired by Jolyne Kujo (Jojo's bizzarre adventures is an inspiration for more than one SF char)

samirerre
1 JURI
2BEAK
3KIM
4HWOARANG
5JHUN

Zack Fair
Originally posted by samirerre
1 JURI
2BEAK
3KIM
4HWOARANG
5JHUN

Interesting list. What was your reasoning behind it?

Meioh_Hades
From what I know, Hwoarang was able to fight Jin to a draw, and many think that he's actually on par with Jin.

Baek was defeated by Law (from what I know, Law is not a top tier canonwise) in Tekken 2 and, since Baek's coma after the fight with Ogre (many believed that he was dead), I don't think that Baek has improved that much from Tekken 2 (he may have even become weaker due to aging).

So, even if Baek is Hwoarang's master, I think that Hwoarang is a better fighter.

crimson_2010
Juri Han takes this. she has more raw power than anyone here.

Hwoarang actually beat the crap outta Jin before the event of tekken 6 and Baek was actually dead untill Namco retcons his story. ( the sunlight yellow suggest his death and the manual instruction too).
Well i don't think hwoarang has surpassed his teacher cuz he asked him to train him harder in order to beat Devil Jin next time.

Law and Paul are almost equal (i put Paul slightly above him) cuz they are partner since a long time and they must know each other weakness ( maybe Paul ending in tekken 6 interpret this) law drawed with Wang Jinrey, that put him near top tier... So Baek should still kick Hwoarang ass.

Juri with her enhanced body and her feats ( destroys a missile, beating Guile, a off guard Chun Li etc..) could solo everyone...

Doesn't Jhun and Kim are equal??

SamZED
Originally posted by crimson_2010
Juri Han takes this. she has more raw power than anyone here.

Hwoarang actually beat the crap outta Jin before the event of tekken 6 and Baek was actually dead untill Namco retcons his story. ( the sunlight yellow suggest his death and the manual instruction too).
Well i don't think hwoarang has surpassed his teacher cuz he asked him to train him harder in order to beat Devil Jin next time.

Law and Paul are almost equal (i put Paul slightly above him) cuz they are partner since a long time and they must know each other weakness ( maybe Paul ending in tekken 6 interpret this) law drawed with Wang Jinrey, that put him near top tier... So Baek should still kick Hwoarang ass.

Juri with her enhanced body and her feats ( destroys a missile, beating Guile, a off guard Chun Li etc..) could solo everyone...

Doesn't Jhun and Kim are equal?? Hwoarang really did beat Jin (although at that moment Jin had more important issues rather then settling score with Hwoarang) still that makes him a top tier. I do believe he'd beat Baek. Just because Baek trains him doesnt mean he's a better fighter.

Zack Fair
I don't think Baek may be weaker because he has grown older. Jinpachi, Wang, Heihachi, Paul, Marshall and Kazuya have shown us that agre doesn't really matter in the tekkenverse. However he might be weaker from being comatose all those years. I agree with Sam that just because Baek trains Hwoarang it doesn't make him stronger. Hwoarang could be thinking that Baek has not taught him everything he knows.

Yo crimson where do you get from that Law and Paul are equals? Because to me Law has never been portrayed/shown to be all that good while Paul has done his fair share of feats and has fought the right people to prove he is tough. He gets beaten by grizzly bears n' stuff but come on....those bears can be tough 131

StyleTime
I always saw Paul in the same light as Hitomi from DOA. They are ranked fairly high in their series, but they are intended to be joke/goofy characters.

Law should be below Paul based on feats though.

Meioh_Hades
I agree that the fact that Baek is the master of Hwoarang doesn't make him automatically stronger.

Maybe Baek has more in tecnique and discipline, but Hwoarang may be far stronger and faster.

For example, in Dragon Ball (I'm talking of Vanilla Dragon Ball, before the Z warriors' powers skyrocketed) Master Shen, the Crane Hermit, was the master of Tien Shinhan and Chiaotzu, but I think that during the 22nd World Martial Arts Tournament Tien Shinhan was already stronger than his master.

We can also think at the KoF verse. Saisyu Kusanagi is the father and master of Kyo, but Kyo was already stronger than him when he was just 15 years old.

SamZED
Originally posted by Zack Fair
I don't think Baek may be weaker because he has grown older. Jinpachi, Wang, Heihachi, Paul, Marshall and Kazuya have shown us that agre doesn't really matter in the tekkenverse. However he might be weaker from being comatose all those years. I agree with Sam that just because Baek trains Hwoarang it doesn't make him stronger. Hwoarang could be thinking that Baek has not taught him everything he knows.

Yo crimson where do you get from that Law and Paul are equals? Because to me Law has never been portrayed/shown to be all that good while Paul has done his fair share of feats and has fought the right people to prove he is tough. He gets beaten by grizzly bears n' stuff but come on....those bears can be tough 131 Well seeing how a Panda in that universe can slap a limo into the air I dont see a problem with that.big grin

samirerre
my new list
juri
kim
hwosrsng
jhun/beak

since you asked
juri has that cheap device which makes her strong
i tought beak was stronger then hwo becouse he really kicked some ass at his ending at tekken5
kim is very underrated .he never stop training,he is very strong

crimson_2010
Lol i know but they are training partner, thus they must know each other weakness. And even though Paul tk6's ending isn't canon, he tied with law laughing
And Law has a draw with Jinrey and he probably get beaten by Kuma ( the scar on his chest) so he can hold his own against Paul
I always picture them as Chuck Norris and Bruce Lee XD

Innominate__1
I agree kim's underrated, in his newest installment he looks like he even improved... In the kofverse i'd say he's right below terry...

SamZED
Also nobody likes Hwoarang. Guess I can see why, still.. being the only T character who's ever defetead Jin in a fight should count for something.

StyleTime
Well, I did give him second place. uhuh

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.