Ulik vs Colossus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Damborgson
Who wins and why???

rotiart
Obviously ulik cause colossus suvks

Hyperion Prime
Ulike wins because he goes up against Thor. He has pounders that only add to the fury. Colussus will be dented and bent. Ulik...now that's my dude right there. F'n people up since the 60s!!!!!

psycho gundam
ulik's not a nice guy, he'd probably end up killing colossus

vansonbee
Ulik turns Colossus into dented venting machine that instead of cola coming out, its blood.

wut?

Simbon
Can't Colossus win by tapping into the Colossus force?

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Simbon
Can't Colossus win by tapping into the Colossus force?

Yeah.

Like that one time he tanked that one blast from behind that other guy.

Colossus-Big C
is this current colossus with the gem of cyttorak he will get next month?

StiltmanFTW
Post-HE Ulik rapes.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C

So that would be the current guy ... from the future?

confused

stick out tongue

Not sure of Colossus' composition, I think it's been shown that his metal form offers some magic invulnerability (hasn't it?) if it has then he must contain a decent portion of iron, which is one thing that can hurt Ulik badly.

Captain America beat Ulik by jamming a small piece of iron into his mouth.

Silent Master

Current Colossus doesn't have the gem.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Scoobless
So that would be the current guy from the future?

confused

laughing out loud

juggernaut74
is this current colossus with the gem of cyttorak he will get next month? That's not gonna happen.

Harbinger
Personally didn't think Post-HE Ulik was all that impressive; Tony casually smacked him away like he was nothing (of course, Tony also put up a pretty good fight against Thor around that same time, so...)

Ulik still stomps Piotr, though.

StiltmanFTW
He did stop Thor's hammer though and got props from him.

dmills
Originally posted by Harbinger
Personally didn't think Post-HE Ulik was all that impressive; Tony casually smacked him away like he was nothing (of course, Tony also put up a pretty good fight against Thor around that same time, so...)

Ulik still stomps Piotr, though. That "Bleeding edge" armor is no joke.

vansonbee
Originally posted by Simbon
Can't Colossus win by tapping into the Colossus force? Tin man force?
http://nowherewithyou.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/tin-man.jpg

Simbon
Originally posted by vansonbee
Tin man force?
http://nowherewithyou.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/tin-man.jpg

Once he had his testimonial he was basically unstoppable.

h1a8
Colossus wins, he's stronger and more durable.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by h1a8
laughing

zopzop
So can anyone tell me some Ulik feats aside from being Thor's punching bag?

h1a8
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
laughing

Prove me wrong then. Show me a couple of strength feats that surpasses Colossus?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Pick up a comic.

zopzop
He fell from a few stories up and was instantly KOed :
http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/2461/thor199041420.th.jpg http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/3103/thor199041421.th.jpg

That's a pretty sad showing.

juggernaut74
Colossus wins, he's stronger and more durable. And on top of that he's got some skills to go with that power. The dude can fight.

zopzop
Hmm Ulik seems to have a problem with falling from buildings and getting KOed :
http://img862.imageshack.us/img862/7733/thor43121.th.jpg

h1a8 it seems you were 100% right, the Ulik/Thor fights are cases where Thor is being written down.

Colossus-Big C
ulik is class 90
post HE ulik is well above class 100 though

zopzop
Colossus what's "post HE" mean?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by zopzop
He fell from a few stories up and was instantly KOed :
http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/2461/thor199041420.th.jpg http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/3103/thor199041421.th.jpg

That's a pretty sad showing. Originally posted by zopzop
Hmm Ulik seems to have a problem with falling from buildings and getting KOed :
http://img862.imageshack.us/img862/7733/thor43121.th.jpg

h1a8 it seems you were 100% right, the Ulik/Thor fights are cases where Thor is being written down.
facepalm

In the first scene Ulik had taken one hell of a beating from Thor. I also don't remember him being out in the second set.

For the record, I can post a similar scene for Hercules from that era. DeFalco also had Thor hesitant from taking a Skyscraper height fall but had him survive being in the vicinity of a planet destroying explosion then landing on a world with the force of a comet.

It's no more sillier than the countless number of instances that high end beings grab some piece of the environment to aid them in battle. It's comics.

h1a8
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
facepalm

In the first scene Ulik had taken one hell of a beating from Thor. I also don't remember him being out in the second set.

For the record, I can post a similar scene for Hercules from that era. DeFalco also had Thor hesitant from taking a Skyscraper height fall but had him survive being in the vicinity of a planet destroying explosion then landing on a world with the force of a comet.

It's no more sillier than the countless number of instances that high end beings grab some piece of the environment to aid them in battle. It's comics. Comics are sometimes like cartoons. At one scene someone got beat then a panel later they are fresh as new. The only way Ulik got hurt from the fall because of his fight was Thor is if the writer makes it clear. Ulik didn't look weary or hurt when he was walking forward. He just looked pissed.

As far as feats, That's why I said the writers had no idea how much a feat takes. They just randomly thought of some mess that contradicted other mess back and forth.

IMO, if Ulik faced Colossus in a comic then it would be a good fight. Not spite for either character.

zopzop
facepalm

It's no more sillier than the countless number of instances that high end beings grab some piece of the environment to aid them in battle. It's comics.

But Ulik had a buff, some amulet that "increased his power a thousand fold" or something. So it's not like Thor was wailing on a normal Ulik. Plus you can clearly see it was the fall that did him in.

In the second scan, he's crying out as he plummets from that building. Worth mentioning that he had enchanted brass knuckles given to him by Loki, so he wasn't fighting Thor under his own power again.

So far nothing I've seen from him indicates that he'd slaughter Colossus in a straight up brawl.

Rage.Of.Olympus
*Sigh*

Iight, bookmarked. Will be back tomorrow. It's going to be fun to see how you guys respond to some scenes.

Black bolt z
is this current colossus with the gem of cyttorak he will get next month? There is not enough facepalm in the world to explain how many things are wrong with this statement.

Colossus-Big C
Post HE ulik, is ulik after his upgrade from the High Evolutionary,

Mindset

Black bolt z
Post HE ulik, is ulik after his upgrade from the High Evolutionary, He'd win before and after so it doesn't really matter.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by Black bolt z
There is not enough facepalm in the world to explain how many things are wrong with this statement.

I did see an add in one of the books showing colussus putting on Juggs or a helmet like it on his head.

Colossus-Big C
He'd win before and after so it doesn't really matter. no he dont ulik is class 90 and gets koed after being drop from a building.

Colossus is class 100+ and doesnt get koed from being dropped from space.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
I did see an add in one of the books showing colussus putting on Juggs or a helmet like it on his head. How many times has the cover of a comic actually been true? Do tell.

Mindset

Colossus-Big C
How many times has the cover of a comic actually been true? Do tell. the solocitations says colossus will become the avatar of cyttorak

Black bolt z
the solocitations says colossus will become the avatar of cyttorak Didn't chaos war also say chaos king was going to win? That didn't happen either.

Colossus-Big C
Didn't chaos war also say chaos king was going to win? That didn't happen either. that logic doesnt work

Black bolt z
that logic doesnt work Even if he does that has no bearing on this match until that comic comes out. Get it?

juggernaut74
the solocitations says colossus will become the avatar of cyttorak Which one? God I hope Mavel doesn't do that. He's already Class 100, he don't need a boost like that.

Colossus-Big C
reread my post you quoted

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Which one? God I hope Mavel doesn't do that. He's already Class 100, he don't need a boost like that. its tempory i think, he will use the power to fight juggernaut-breaker of stone(from fear itself)

CosmicComet
Which one? God I hope Mavel doesn't do that. He's already Class 100, he don't need a boost like that.

I'm interested to see it actually.

juggernaut74
its tempory i think, he will use the power to fight juggernaut-breaker of stone(from fear itself) Can you post the link to the solicit?

CosmicComet
Yeah I'd like to see it too.

Black bolt z
the solocitations says colossus will become the avatar of cyttorak Also cyttorak is a god of destruction is he not? Colossus is a good guy. Does not compute.

CosmicComet
It doesn't matter.

Strange has invoked Cyttorak so many times before.

Cyttorak doesn't really care about good or evil, just that his name is known.

Hyperion Prime
Also cyttorak is a god of destruction is he not? Colossus is a good guy. Does not compute.

He lets Strange use his spells.Cyttorak stated he dosen't care how he is used as long as his name get out there. He said that in the issue with Nova, Juggs and Strange

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by CosmicComet
It doesn't matter.

Strange has invoked Cyttorak so many times before.

Cyttorak doesn't really care about good or evil, just that his name is known.

LOL you beat me to it.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Yeah I'd like to see it too. give me a sec

Colossus-Big C
cant find the solcit again but i got the preview
media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/46770/1712452-uncanny_super.jpg

Damborgson
media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/46770/1712452-uncanny_super.jpg I actually hope that story happens. Looks cool. cool

rotiart
media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/46770/1712452-uncanny_super.jpg

Uh. I'm not sure how this is evidence...

BigSid
So is PIS on or off?

Ulik has a few low showing against Code Blue, Stone shooting him off the roof and then also later in Asgard taking him out by throwing a grenade into his mouth, Stone even took shots from Ulik in that issue and was still conscious

The logic that he's a class 90 and Peter is a class 100 so Peter wins doesn't stand when you take into account Ulik's pounders and the fact he has taken hits from Thor's hammer.

Taking hits from Thor's hammer makes him being knocked out from falling a few stories very much PIS.

Ulik is being low balled if we're going to take a few low showings as his average and then say he loses because of them and his class 90/95 strength.

zopzop
Originally posted by BigSid
So is PIS on or off?

Ulik has a few low showing against Code Blue, Stone shooting him off the roof and then also later in Asgard taking him out by throwing a grenade into his mouth, Stone even took shots from Ulik in that issue and was still conscious

The logic that he's a class 90 and Peter is a class 100 so Peter wins doesn't stand when you take into account Ulik's pounders and the fact he has taken hits from Thor's hammer.

Taking hits from Thor's hammer makes him being knocked out from falling a few stories very much PIS.

Ulik is being low balled if we're going to take a few low showings as his average and then say he loses because of them and his class 90/95 strength.

Yeah so how about you name some issues where Ulik looks good? Because the ones I've found so far don't seem to impressive. Unless something drastic is found, I'm thinking Colossus destroys Ulik for the majority of wins.

Damborgson
Yeah so how about you name some issues where Ulik looks good? Because the ones I've found so far don't seem to impressive. Unless something drastic is found, I'm thinking Colossus destroys Ulik for the majority of wins. He fights thor well pretty well here.
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsUlik01137.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsUlik02.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsUlik03.jpg

BigSid
Yeah so how about you name some issues where Ulik looks good? Because the ones I've found so far don't seem to impressive. Unless something drastic is found, I'm thinking Colossus destroys Ulik for the majority of wins.

Ulik has 68 appearances, so through your research you've found what 2 instances of him falling off a building and are you trying to say these are the best showings you can find?

The fact he's gone toe to toe with Thor should be enough that the showing of him being knocked off a building by a bullet is PIS so shouldn't be used as evidence.

You may have noted that I never said who took a majority just that Ulik was being low balled and by people who seemed unfamiliar with Ulik I might add.

But back to issues:

Thor Vol 1 issue 137 his first appearance, Ulik matches Thor blow for blow and actually seems to be gaining the upper hand until he is teleported away.

Thor Vol 1 issue 414 which is the very issue where Stone takes him out that you posted a scan of iirc, Ulik took on both Hercules and Thor at the same time prior to that (he was enhanced at the time, which makes the bullet thing even worse imo)

Thor Vol 1 issue 252 Ulik again battles Thor for the Ruby eye of the dragon and Ulik manages to knock Thor off the bridge they're fighting on which is surrounded by flames.

Thor Vol 1 issue 253 Ulik thinks Thor is dead finds the dragon defeats it and takes it's eye, he later goes on to Join forces with Thor to fight Trogg in that issue

Thor Vol 1 issue 210 again goes toe to toe with Thor and doesn't give a bad account of himself.

Thor Vol 2 issue 237, he battles Thor again but Thor is forced to surrender because the Trolls Capture Jane Foster

There are others but I'm sure these should be enough for you to be going on with.

Peter has received some decent upgrades over the years and I think this would be a very good fight and I'm still weighing up in my own mind who would take a majority.

However my point still stands, a being who has been shown taking on Thor hand to hand and giving him a fight isn't going to be brushed aside easily and an instance or two of him falling off buildings shouldn't be used as evidence that he would be.

The reason I don't post on here much is everyone gets so aggressive over what is essentially a fictional story written to entertain us.

These debates should be fun not a chance to rip someone else a new one and be a keyboard warrior and insult people.

People need to calm down...

zopzop
Originally posted by Damborgson
He fights thor well pretty well here.
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsUlik01137.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsUlik02.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsUlik03.jpg

That was an EXTREMELY low showing for Thor by anyone's standard (this assumes that Thor wasn't weakened in any way or Ulik buffed).

Colossus has also gone toe to toe with beings like Gladiator and Juggernaut and he's never been KOed by a grenade or a fall from a building.

zopzop

Thor Vol 1 issue 414 which is the very issue where Stone takes him out that you posted a scan of iirc, Ulik took on both Hercules and Thor at the same time prior to that (he was enhanced at the time, which makes the bullet thing even worse imo)

He was enhanced but the enhancement was quickly wearing off, as he himself stated on panel. So it has nothing to do with the "bullet thing". Base Ulik, with no powerups or other plot devices, loses vs Colossus.

Hyperion Prime
The reason I don't post on here much is everyone gets so aggressive over what is essentially a fictional story written to entertain us.

These debates should be fun not a chance to rip someone else a new one and be a keyboard warrior and insult people.

People need to calm down...

People do get like that and it really sucks. Especially the Wolverine fans. These characters don't even really exist smile

BigSid
He was enhanced but the enhancement was quickly wearing off, as he himself stated on panel. So it has nothing to do with the "bullet thing". Base Ulik, with no powerups or other plot devices, loses vs Colossus.

So let me get this straight, scans were just shown of what I think was Ulik's first appearance of him taking it to Thor and you call it a low showing for Thor.

But being knocked off a roof top by a bullet to the eye isn't a low showing for Ulik?

You asked for Scans and issue numbers, you got them and then you dismiss them but your scans stand as evidence?

So you see Peter taking 10/10 in this one, just curious?

Damborgson
That was an EXTREMELY low showing for Thor by anyone's standard (this assumes that Thor wasn't weakened in any way or Ulik buffed).

Colossus has also gone toe to toe with beings like Gladiator and Juggernaut and he's never been KOed by a grenade or a fall from a building. Does pretty good here 2.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsUlik10Thor152.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsUlik11.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsUlik12.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsUlik13.jpg

keep in mind this is about as classic as you can get with Thor. This was still when he was considered to be stronger then hulk i think...

zopzop
So let me get this straight, scans were just shown of what I think was Ulik's first appearance of him taking it to Thor and you call it a low showing for Thor.

But being knocked off a roof top by a bullet to the eye isn't a low showing for Ulik?

You asked for Scans and issue numbers, you got them and then you dismiss them but your scans stand as evidence?

So you see Peter taking 10/10 in this one, just curious?

I see Peter taking the overwhelming majority unless I see something special from Ulik.

Dude Ulik first appeared in what, the late 1960s early 1970s? Apparently he's been written down since then. The scans I posted were from the late 80s early 90s.

Unless you got something MORE recent than the scans I posted showing Ulik doing something stupendous, I'm not at all impressed with Ulik.

zopzop
Does pretty good here 2.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsUlik10Thor152.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsUlik11.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsUlik12.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsUlik13.jpg

keep in mind this is about as classic as you can get with Thor. This was still when he was considered to be stronger then hulk i think...

And what's happened since then? Has Ulik been supped up or powered down? Because it sure as hell looks like he's been powered down..........A LOT.

rotiart
(auto quote)[/

How about you provide the "weak" scans since you are so adamant about his depowering to contradict the "good" scans people posted? Just to make your argument that it's his current depowering and not PIS...

zopzop
Originally posted by rotiart
(auto quote)

I provided scans. From the late 80s early 90s Thor issues. Unless my math is off : 1988-1991 comes AFTER 1968-1973 right?

Colossus-Big C
ulik is strong sauce

BigSid
I see Peter taking the overwhelming majority unless I see something special from Ulik.

Dude Ulik first appeared in what, the late 1960s early 1970s? Apparently he's been written down since then. The scans I posted were from the late 80s early 90s.

Unless you got something MORE recent than the scans I posted showing Ulik doing something stupendous, I'm not at all impressed with Ulik.

The problem I have with your first scans of Lt Stone knocking him off the roof and the Thor 450 fight where Stone takes him out with a grenade to the mouth is that it is Ulik being written down as he and Stone were being written to be mortal enemies.

Even if we take Handbooks at face value and he is Class 90 or 95, even holding back because he wants to kill Stone slow, Stone should not still be talking after taking a shot from him, much less being aware enough to throw a grenade in his mouth.

I don't think It KO'd him either iirc it just stagged him and he fell off the pathway they were fighting on.

The 2nd Scan of Thor punching him through a wall and him falling off the building because of it, I have no issue with at all.

I remember buying Thor 450 when it was new and not being happy with the way that fight was written, it was writing up Stone and writing down Ulik imo, nothing has ever been stated on panel of him being depowered to my knowledge.

I do not agree that Ulik slaughters Peter as others have stated but I do think he's a threat to Peter and would give him a hell of a fight.

I'd be willing to give Peter a slight majority but I just don't see him taking an overwhelming one.

Damborgson
And what's happened since then? Has Ulik been supped up or powered down? Because it sure as hell looks like he's been powered down..........A LOT. this is the best thing he's done recently i think...

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsUlik21IronmanThor1.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsUlik22.jpg

Hyperion Prime
this is the best thing he's done recently i think...

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsUlik21IronmanThor1.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsUlik22.jpg

Ulik, that's the way Ulik should be written!!!!

psycho gundam
about the whole gun thing:

Originally posted by Deadline
Punisher vs Ulik

Damn good showing from Frank vs a guy that goes H2H with Thor. Frank loses in the end but shows he can use his weapons against powerful characters and shows some agility as well.

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/5466/pun1gh5.th.jpg
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/4092/pun2en1.th.jpg
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/5994/pun3mi6.th.jpg
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/1848/pun4jb7.th.jpg
http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/1576/pun5nt4.th.jpg
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/9481/pun55bp7.th.jpg
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/4273/pun6ad2.th.jpg
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/7987/pun7rn7.th.jpg
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/5576/pun8uv9.th.jpg

Note:Frank was willing to blow himself up in the process with spent plutonuim (yeah he can get his hands on that as well), it may not have killed Ulik but it probably would have really really really ****** him up.

zopzop

Uhm he seems enhanced in those scans. If that's him "current', then that's awesome. Anyone capable of doing that to Thor would own Colossus.

BigSid

Isn't that after the High Evolutionary amps him?

Is that amp still current or did he lose it at the end of that story?

If he still has it then Peter dies horribly!

Damborgson
yeah idk if the amp is still in place or not...i hope so. It looks like the amp only affected his strength though because he was one shotted like 3 times in that series.stretcher

zopzop
Yeah his durability seems suspect.

rotiart
Yeah his durability seems suspect.

Did you actually read the series? you mention a few comments ago about not knowing that he was amped... cough...

TheLordofMurder
Ulik owns Colossus; low showings aside, he is consistently written to be an opponent capable of giving Thor a good hard fight...

I honestly think Ulik beats the Russian 10/10...

zopzop
Did you actually read the series? you mention a few comments ago about not knowing that he was amped... cough...

WTF are you talking about? I was replying to Damborgson's comment about him being KOed easily despite being amped in that series. Add this to the scans of Ulik has being KOed by falls from buildings and grenades and a pattern starts forming.

zopzop
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Ulik owns Colossus; low showings aside, he is consistently written to be an opponent capable of giving Thor a good hard fight...

I honestly think Ulik beats the Russian 10/10...

But all he seems to have is low showings. The only halfway decent things he's done recently were when he was amped.

TheLordofMurder
Yeah...recent storyline is the only one where he shows levels that reflect those of "Classic Ulik."

I always think of the classic version though, but anyway, would you agree that Classic Ulik beats Colossus 10/10, amped (recent) Ulik wins 10/10, but the one that appears to be depowered/written down can be beaten by the Russian?

zopzop
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Yeah...recent storyline is the only one where he shows levels that reflect those of "Classic Ulik."

I always think of the classic version though, but anyway, would you agree that Classic Ulik beats Colossus 10/10, amped (recent) Ulik wins 10/10, but the one that appears to be depowered/written down can be beaten by the Russian?

The thing is LoM, the character is a mess.

In his appearances in the late 60s early 70s he gave Thor a run for his money. Since then he's been a joke, unless he's amped by some plot device.

Non "classic" Ulik, ie any version post early 70s, gets his ass handed to him by Colossus.

Ulik amped by plot device (magic amulet, High Evolutionary, etc..) doesn't count.

"Classic" Ulik, ie late 60s early 70s, gives Colossus hell and may even wind up taking the majority wins.

You also have to keep in mind, during Ulik's "classic" years, Thor could have been written down. I mean Mongoose gave Thor trouble in the early 90s. Freaking Mongoose!

Colossus has gone up against legit Class 100 threats and held his own for a while before being put down (Juggernaut, WWH, Gladiator).

juggernaut74
Colossus also kayoed a savage Hulk when he was a teenager.

Rage.Of.Olympus

zopzop

Sr J-Bieb
I forgot about when Marvel had a Crisis on Infinite Earths in the 1980's that retconned everything.

rotiart
Uhm he seems enhanced in those scans. If that's him "current', then that's awesome. Anyone capable of doing that to Thor would own Colossus.

Your comment here made it seem as though you haven't read the series since you didn't write your response as if you knew he was amped... So I asked if you've read the issues

zopzop
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
I forgot about when Marvel had a Crisis on Infinite Earths in the 1980's that retconned everything.

Then can you explain why he's had nothing but pathetic showings since the 80s? He's either amped or enhanced by some odd thing and never under his own power.

Sr J-Bieb
Then can you explain why he's had nothing but pathetic showings since the 80s? He's either amped or enhanced by some odd thing and never under his own power. What pathetic showings?

zopzop
What pathetic showings?

KOed by falling off a building. KOed by having a grenade shoved in his mouth. Screaming in fear as he plummets from another building (he's not seen again, so either he ran or was KOed again).

Rage.Of.Olympus
He was becoming "weaker" because his amp was wearing off, ie he was going back to his normal power levels.

It was something worth mentioning. And since we're over-analyzing shit, it's now my stance that Ulik was weakened below normal levels. Why else would he actually fear to face Thor? I don't think that's ever been the case. At least at that point. Ulik is not lacking in confidence.

Dude that's Ulik screaming like a little girl as he plummets to defeat. Falls from buildings seem to be his kryptonite.

Apologies. I never payed attention to the large yellow words, assumed it was a sound effect. Now your point has some merit but like I said, it doesn't really matter. DeFalco made an unusual amount of hubbub over heights.

Those scans are ancient. I'm looking for scans post 1980 that have Ulik doing anything special UNENHANCED by outside sources unless those enhancements are permanent now and hence a part of his powerset.
http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/3903/ulik1.jpg
http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/2059/ulik2.jpg
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/8149/ulik3.jpg
http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/1998/ulik4.jpg
http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/6237/ulik5.jpg
http://img806.imageshack.us/img806/1296/ulik6.jpg
http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/394/ulik7.jpg
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/2636/ulik8.jpg
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/2556/ulik9.jpg
http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/2241/ulik10.jpg

Sr J-Bieb
KOed by falling off a building. KOed by having a grenade shoved in his mouth. Screaming in fear as he plummets from another building (he's not seen again, so either he ran or was KOed again). 3 low showings in 30 years is the way to go about him being weaker...

What a piece of trash character.

Colossus-Big C
colossus is noticeably stronger than ulik

Rage.Of.Olympus
In your wet dreams maybe.
3 low showings in 30 years is the way to go about him being weaker...

Stop sounding logical.

zopzop
It was something worth mentioning. And since we're over-analyzing shit, it's now my stance that Ulik was weakened below normal levels. Why else would he actually fear to face Thor? I don't think that's ever been the case at that point. Ulik is not lacking in confidence.

Sure he is. He didn't use that amulet when facing the panicking Herc (he didn't know he was having psychological problems at the time). As soon as he was ready for his showdown with Thor, he activated his amp.

Thank you for those. But how is this showing vastly superior to Colossus vs Gladiator/Juggernaut/Hulk? I still see Colossus taking the majority of wins. He's fought more varied beings in Thor's physical class than Ulik has.

zopzop
3 low showings in 30 years is the way to go about him being weaker...

How many total appearances has he had? How many post 1978? In those appearances has he IMPROVED power/feat wise or has he gotten worse?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Sure he is. He didn't use that amulet when facing the panicking Herc (he didn't know he was having psychological problems at the time). As soon as he was ready for his showdown with Thor, he activated his amp.

Don't confuse Ulik being a dirty fighter as a sign of no confidence. In that very issue he claimed that his power rivaled that of Thor before the enhancement. At that point, the belief that he rivaled Thor in strength or was perhaps even superior was a pretty large part of his character.

Thank you for those. But how is this showing vastly superior to Colossus vs Gladiator/Juggernaut/Hulk? I still see Colossus taking the majority of wins. He's fought more varied beings in Thor's physical class than Ulik has.

erm

Wait, are you serious?

zopzop
Don't confuse Ulik being a dirty fighter as a sign of no confidence. In that very issue he claimed that his power rivaled that of Thor before the enhancement. At that point, the belief that he rivaled Thor in strength or was perhaps even superior was a pretty large part of his character.

Bravo. Ulik claimed the amp increased his power a thousand fold and Thor was still handing him his ass.

Dead serious. Both of them (Colossus and Ulik) have fought more powerful foes and tussled with them for a while before being put down. But in Colossus' case, his foes range from Gladiator, to Hulk, to Juggernaut and more I'm probably missing vs Ulik's overwhelmingly tussling with Thor.

Sr J-Bieb
How many total appearances has he had? How many post 1978? In those appearances has he IMPROVED power/feat wise or has he gotten worse? Serious question? Whatever...

50+ canon appearances.
You named 3 low feats, so...

I'd say he's stayed generally around Ulik level. Are you seriously trying to say 3 low feats in 30+ years downgrades a character though?

Colossus-Big C
colossus briefly fought hercules , i seen the scans in the respect thread

zopzop
Serious question? Whatever...

50+ canon appearances.
You named 3 low feats, so...

Are you seriously trying to say 3 low feats in 30+ years downgrades a character though? I'd say he's stayed generally around Ulik level.

In his first few appearances 40 or so years ago, he was more than holding his own against Thor. Flash forward to the late 80s, early 90s and falls from buildings and grenades to the mouth are KOing his ass. See a difference?

Rage's most recent scans have him using a "magnetic shield" to trap Mjolnir while he attacks Thor (who will revert to Don Blake in a few seconds) with a telephone pole or something. Then Thor gets serious and the fight is over.

What in those scans makes you believe he'd crush Colossus. The very same Colossus whose gone up against Class 100 bricks himself? If anything it be a close fight but I'd still give it to Colossus because he's fought a greater variety of Class 100 bricks.

Sr J-Bieb
In his first few appearances 40 or so years ago, he was more than holding his own against Thor. Flash forward to the late 80s, early 90s and falls from buildings and grenades to the mouth are KOing his ass. See a difference?

Rage's most recent scans have him using a "magnetic shield" to trap Mjolnir while he attacks Thor (who will revert to Don Blake in a few seconds) with a telephone pole or something. Then Thor gets serious and the fight is over.

What in those scans makes you believe he'd crush Colossus. The very same Colossus whose gone up against Class 100 bricks himself? If anything it be a close fight but I'd still give it to Colossus because he's fought a greater variety of Class 100 bricks. lol, so ya, 3 low feats makes that the average... in 30 years.

30 years ago Thor was taking airplane fire with welts on him, fast forward 20 years and Thor is KO'ed by a sniper bullet. See the difference?
It obviously wasn't a low feat, it was the average, this is how we debate bro. Lowest feats only and make some absurd cut off point!

Where in my post said anything about Colossus vs Ulik? The same Colossus who was beaten by Omega Red himself.

What does greater variety have to do with anything? Ulik's main battle is against a guy who's in every way better than Colossus. Thor is faster, more battle savvy, stronger, more durable, hits harder, and less Russian than Colossus. He's already prepared for Colossus by fighting Colossus' vast superiour if you want to get technical with this.

I thought your Skyfather fanboyism was bad, but I see you just make up random logic for any possible debate. I'm curious to see how mad Rage gets here, so I'll be back tomorrow to see. thumb up

zopzop
lol, so ya, 3 low feats makes that the average... in 30 years.

30 years ago Thor was taking airplane fire with welts on him, fast forward 20 years and Thor is KO'ed by a sniper bullet. See the difference?
It obviously wasn't a low feat, it was the average, this is how we debate bro. Lowest feats only and make some absurd cut off point!

Where in my post said anything about Colossus vs Ulik? The same Colossus who was beaten by Omega Red himself.

What does greater variety have to do with anything? Ulik's main battle is against a guy who's in every way better than Colossus. Thor is faster, more battle savvy, stronger, more durable, hits harder, and less Russian than Colossus. He's already prepared for Colossus by fighting Colossus' vast superiour if you want to get technical with this.

I thought your Skyfather fanboyism was bad, but I see you just make up random logic for any possible debate. I'm curious to see how mad Rage gets here, so I'll be back tomorrow to see. thumb up

Since the 80s (possibly before) Ulik has been written down, severely. The fact that you havent' posted jacks--t to back up anything you say isn't a surprise. You just mouth off to pad your post count it seems. Show me anything by Ulik POST 80s that have him doing anything resembling what he did to Thor in the 60s-70s. You can't so you just run your mouth.

Rage was kind enough to provide recent scans of Ulik using a plot device to get Mjolnir out of Thor's hands. Ulik then assaulted Thor with a telephone pole or whatever, then Ulik got owned.

How is Ulik's most recent performance against Thor (which was NO WHERE NEAR how he performed against Thor in the 60s-70s) any indication that he would own Colossus in a fight (Colossus whose gone up against a greater variety ofClass 100 bricks himself).

rotiart
Yah know in one of rages scans it looks like wolverine tries to cut ulik and all ulik does is grunt...

Sr J-Bieb
Since the 80s (possibly before) Ulik has been written down, severely. The fact that you havent' posted jacks--t to back up anything you say isn't a surprise. You just mouth off to pad your post count it seems. Show me anything by Ulik POST 80s that have him doing anything resembling what he did to Thor in the 60s-70s. You can't so you just run your mouth.

Rage was kind enough to provide recent scans of Ulik using a plot device to get Mjolnir out of Thor's hands. Ulik then assaulted Thor with a telephone pole or whatever, then Ulik got owned.

How is Ulik's most recent performance against Thor (which was NO WHERE NEAR how he performed against Thor in the 60s-70s) any indication that he would own Colossus in a fight (Colossus whose gone up against a greater variety ofClass 100 bricks himself). I don't need to post anything tbh. Maybe if you brought up something of substance. I mean, you think 3 low feats spread out over 50 issues worth of pages makes an average... hell, you actually only have 2 low feats since falling off a building and screaming isn't a low feat. You being moronic isn't you being right. It's you being moronic. Get some common sense.
Funny how the guy who runs away anytime I argue with him is talking about all I do... you never have any proof, no substance, and everytime you start talking everyone disagrees with you. This shit is hysterical to me. Hell, when Rage posted all those scans all you could say was "Buh buh, he's written down exactly after all of those scans".

What you don't get, is that every old scan Rage posted was without his pounders as well.
Yes, after Ulik got rid of Mjolnir, he was able to give Thor a fight though. Actually, Ulik technically beat Thor, and then Thor cheapshots him and we don't see the rest of the fight. OMG OWNAGEROFFLE!!!

But anyway, since you're just going to whine if I don't show you something, here's him getting up right after backlash from two Mjolnir clones, and Mjolnir that hurt even Thor and tore off Sif's arm.
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Thor/Thor80-014.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Thor/Thor80-015.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Thor/Thor80-016.jpg

Hell he survived Mjolnir's backlash from breaking and three other hammers (and yes, Thor was written like a beast in this arc):
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Thor/Thor80-017.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Thor/Thor80-018.jpg

Him getting KO'ed from falling off buildings isn't the average. What I posted wasn't the best feat ever, but it sure as hell goes against him getting KO'ed from falling of buildings and a grenade... Hell, the Punisher scans (which are much more recent) go against the grenade thing. IIRC he also had a decent fight against Thor in Thor's 13th annual.

Also, him getting KO'ed from falling off a building is the same issue when Thor was KO'ed/trapped under a bunch of cars for 60 seconds... that issue was obviously a great showcase of everyone... Thor gets beaten by some cars, and Ulik gets beaten by falling off a building. If Ulik gets beaten by more respectable means, does that make him above Thor?

Because I never said it did. The mere fact that I'm arguing with you about your stance that anything after 1979 is a weakened Ulik means I'm not just looking at the fight that Rage posted. I don't shit on characters just because I saw two low feats someone posted on the internet, and make up some ridiculous logic in an attempt to factor those feats in with some retarded cut off point.
But if I was, that was much better than Colossus would fare against Thor, and he was also beating Wolverine, which is apparently beyond Colossus' capabilities so...

Rage.Of.Olympus
When was Ulik beaten by a grenade? I'm coming up blank. The most noticeable scene that comes to mind is this one:
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/3178/ulik.jpg

And as you can see, Ulik was unharmed.

Sr J-Bieb
When was Ulik beaten by a grenade? I'm coming up blank. The most noticeable scene that comes to mind is this one:

And as you can see, Ulik was unharmed. Ya, I was kind of confused about that too, but I have no access to comics so I just went with it.

We're down to 1 low feat that zopzop knows about I believe. Ulik is severely written down!

Rage.Of.Olympus
DeFalco made it pretty clear that conventional weaponry was at best a distraction against Ulik.

Kudos for actually replying. Waste of time imo though.

Sr J-Bieb
DeFalco made it pretty clear that conventional weaponry was at best a distraction against Ulik.

Kudos for actually replying. Waste of time imo though. Ya.
Pretty crazy how much things get twisted though.

Complete waste of time, but if I'm going to log on this site might as well reply. Been coming on the last three weeks to see what's going on in comics. Need to get my own comp again

BigSid

And as you can see, Ulik was unharmed.

That was what I was referring to when I mentioned it, I did say though that if I recalled correctly it only knocked him back off the ledge they were fighting on, not knocked him out.

I also considered it a low showing for Ulik as when I read the issue I didn't think Stone should have been able to do that after being battered around by someone on Ulik's power level.

I was using it as an example of a low showing for Ulik and Stone being written up but it was taken the wrong way I think!

EDIT: looking back at my posts I didn't post that it knocked him back, I could have sworn I did, so it seems like in trying to defend Ulik I gave a false impression and added fuel to the fire!

MY bad!

Hyperion Prime
I still say Ulik wrecks Colussus.

zopzop
I don't need to post anything tbh. Maybe if you brought up something of substance. I mean, you think 3 low feats spread out over 50 issues worth of pages makes an average... hell, you actually only have 2 low feats since falling off a building and screaming isn't a low feat. You being moronic isn't you being right. It's you being moronic. Get some common sense.
Funny how the guy who runs away anytime I argue with him is talking about all I do... you never have any proof, no substance, and everytime you start talking everyone disagrees with you. This shit is hysterical to me. Hell, when Rage posted all those scans all you could say was "Buh buh, he's written down exactly after all of those scans".

What you don't get, is that every old scan Rage posted was without his pounders as well.
Yes, after Ulik got rid of Mjolnir, he was able to give Thor a fight though. Actually, Ulik technically beat Thor, and then Thor cheapshots him and we don't see the rest of the fight. OMG OWNAGEROFFLE!!!

But anyway, since you're just going to whine if I don't show you something, here's him getting up right after backlash from two Mjolnir clones, and Mjolnir that hurt even Thor and tore off Sif's arm.

Hell he survived Mjolnir's backlash from breaking and three other hammers (and yes, Thor was written like a beast in this arc):

Him getting KO'ed from falling off buildings isn't the average. What I posted wasn't the best feat ever, but it sure as hell goes against him getting KO'ed from falling of buildings and a grenade... Hell, the Punisher scans (which are much more recent) go against the grenade thing. IIRC he also had a decent fight against Thor in Thor's 13th annual.

Also, him getting KO'ed from falling off a building is the same issue when Thor was KO'ed/trapped under a bunch of cars for 60 seconds... that issue was obviously a great showcase of everyone... Thor gets beaten by some cars, and Ulik gets beaten by falling off a building. If Ulik gets beaten by more respectable means, does that make him above Thor?

Because I never said it did. The mere fact that I'm arguing with you about your stance that anything after 1979 is a weakened Ulik means I'm not just looking at the fight that Rage posted. I don't shit on characters just because I saw two low feats someone posted on the internet, and make up some ridiculous logic in an attempt to factor those feats in with some retarded cut off point.
But if I was, that was much better than Colossus would fare against Thor, and he was also beating Wolverine, which is apparently beyond Colossus' capabilities so...

See? How hard was that? You didn't even have to actually post the scans just tell me what issues Ulik didn't look like crap in and I would have looked them up.

Assuming he wasn't amped in any way, those are excellent showings.

rotiart
What it takes to change a kmc posters opinion.
1. Have a fan of the character post scans
2. Have several non biased posters post more scans
3. Have virtually all other posters to a thread disagree with an opinion
4. Prove that the original poster didn't base his scans on anything valid.
5. All Of the above.

Personally I thought it was 1. When rage posted...

zopzop
What it takes to change a kmc posters opinion.
1. Have a fan of the character post scans
2. Have several non biased posters post more scans
3. Have virtually all other posters to a thread disagree with an opinion
4. Prove that the original poster didn't base his scans on anything valid.
5. All Of the above.

Personally I thought it was 1. When rage posted...

Or 6. Post RECENT scans or reference RECENT issues showing a character doing his/her thing. It's not hard.

rotiart
Hello?
Yes?
Oh I'm sorry it was a wrong number. Seems
Like the Pot was trying to call the kettle black.

zopzop
Hello?
Yes?
Oh I'm sorry it was a wrong number. Seems
Like the Pot was trying to call the kettle black.

Till Sr J-Bieb posted the links to his scans showing Ulik actually doing something impressive under his own power and not under any amp, I posted the most recent scans.

Rages originally posted scans that were from the 60s-70s. He next posted a more recent Ulik/Thor throwdown that wasn't nearly as impressive as the 60s-70s encounter (AND Ulik had a plot device to separate Thor from Mjonir forcing Thor to turn into Don Blake).

Sr J-Bieb then put the issue to rest by posting recent scans of Ulik actually doing something worth mentioning.

60s-70s < late 80s-early 90s < late 90s-2000. See how that works?

rotiart
I'll be honest I went running to grab a comic I thought had a ulik appearance in it... And it was mangog instead. :-P

gogogadgetgo
60s-70s < late 80s-early 90s < late 90s-2000. See how that works?

that would make sense if there were some kind of actual canon upgrade or down grade or permanent amp. If there is none, then imo, any and all appearance should, would and is canon.

h1a8
I don't need to post anything tbh. Maybe if you brought up something of substance. I mean, you think 3 low feats spread out over 50 issues worth of pages makes an average... hell, you actually only have 2 low feats since falling off a building and screaming isn't a low feat. You being moronic isn't you being right. It's you being moronic. Get some common sense.

But if I was, that was much better than Colossus would fare against Thor, and he was also beating Wolverine, which is apparently beyond Colossus' capabilities so... None of this stuff matters. All that matters is Ulik has no strength feats to even say he is stronger than Colossus. If I had to guess then I would say they are around the same strength (or colossus a little stronger). You have to know that Thor is always written down to him. So that doesn't mean Ulik is in Thor's NORMAL league. Colossus going up against other class 100 bricks and even koeing one (Savage Hulk) is IMO greater than anything Ulik ever done. Hell, Ulik never got a victory over a class 100 brick to even suggest that he is stronger than Colossus.

psycho gundam
when did he knock out the hulk?

SuperiorTech
This I assume was not impressed seems like a very low showing for Hulk especially the odd reaction he had to Lockheeds fire.He still seemed to be nursing the wounds when Colossus caught up with him.

http://thumbnails13.imagebam.com/13596/291acc135956699.jpg http://thumbnails27.imagebam.com/13596/72bd18135956706.jpg http://thumbnails36.imagebam.com/13596/b439a5135956714.jpg http://thumbnails21.imagebam.com/13596/51590c135956720.jpg http://thumbnails37.imagebam.com/13596/57b26e135956730.jpg http://thumbnails27.imagebam.com/13596/7ee632135956734.jpg

SuperiorTech
http://thumbnails34.imagebam.com/13596/f1e4f4135956745.jpg http://thumbnails42.imagebam.com/13596/7d49cd135956751.jpg http://thumbnails14.imagebam.com/13596/cacb1c135956759.jpg http://thumbnails37.imagebam.com/13596/6dc9d9135956768.jpg http://thumbnails26.imagebam.com/13596/506a4b135956772.jpg http://thumbnails13.imagebam.com/13596/604aae135956778.jpg

zopzop
Originally posted by psycho gundam
when did he knock out the hulk?

Good question big grin

@h1a8

Dude I was one of Ulik's biggest doubters but Rage's early 60-70s scans plus the ones Sr J-Bieb put up sorta erased all doubt.

To add more fuel to the fire, the recent showing Rage posted against Thor/Shadowcat/Wolverine had Wolverine slashing Ulik with both of his claws and Ulik wasn't even cut or bleeding.

I saw a scan somewhere of a relatively recent X-men comic where Colossus saying he was lucky to avoid a swipe of Wolverine's claws!

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/8845/wolvcolossus7xnaw2.jpg

Ulik gets the majority wins (and I'm being generous to Colossus).

StiltmanFTW
Ulik had claw marks on all over his body, dude... but yeah, he wasn't bleeding. Was it because the book was directed towards younger audience? Perhaps, but it still gives off the feeling he's more durable than Piotr.

leonidas
ulik wins, but peter could take some imo.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by leonidas
ulik wins, but peter could take some imo.

Even against current Ulik that stopped Thor's hammer strike, Nefaria style?

juggernaut74
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Ulik had claw marks on all over his body, dude... but yeah, he wasn't bleeding. Was it because the book was directed towards younger audience? Perhaps, but it still gives off the feeling he's more durable than Piotr. I saw a scan of pre-Mags upgraded Piotr shrugging off a blow from Logan's claws once.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
erm

StiltmanFTW
I saw a scan of pre-Mags upgraded Piotr shrugging off a blow from Logan's claws once.

Didn't look like a good swipe to me, looking at his strike position and mind-control thing. But yeah, he only managed to score his armor then.

Ulik took plenty of swipes.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Ulik had claw marks on all over his body, dude... but yeah, he wasn't bleeding. Was it because the book was directed towards younger audience? Perhaps, but it still gives off the feeling he's more durable than Piotr.

I can understand not wanting to show blood as it was geared to a younger audience but they barely did any damage to the skin. He'd have to unleash swipes at the eyeballs to cause any impairing damage. Assuming they're a lot more vulnerable to damage.

juggernaut74
I have a hard time seeing Ulik walking through a barrage of claw strikes from Logan. Thor had a hard time doing that.

Rage.Of.Olympus
It happened. I have no doubt that Thor could shrug off Logan's claws. Worst case scenario, Ulik has superior piercing damage resistance. It's weird giving Ulik any edge over Thor and I doubt a writer would as well but whatever.

juggernaut74
It happened. I have no doubt that Thor could shrug off Logan's claws. I saw scans showing Logan slicing Thor up or some sh!t awhile back.

Rage.Of.Olympus
It happened in that mini released on Marvel's website. The same writer is doing a Hercules/Wolverine min series. I really don't think he should handle any characters above street again. He just makes the Gods seem....small.

h1a8
Good question big grin

@h1a8

Dude I was one of Ulik's biggest doubters but Rage's early 60-70s scans plus the ones Sr J-Bieb put up sorta erased all doubt.

To add more fuel to the fire, the recent showing Rage posted against Thor/Shadowcat/Wolverine had Wolverine slashing Ulik with both of his claws and Ulik wasn't even cut or bleeding.

I saw a scan somewhere of a relatively recent X-men comic where Colossus saying he was lucky to avoid a swipe of Wolverine's claws!

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/8845/wolvcolossus7xnaw2.jpg

Ulik gets the majority wins (and I'm being generous to Colossus). Actually it isn't wise to go by character's words. There was another instance in which Logan tried to slash Colossus and it didn't even put a scratch on him. And being durable against energy projection is not the same as being durable against punches. Ulik surviving blasts (something Colossus would also be shown to do at best) has no bearing on him withstanding Colossus punches.

The ONLY way to prove that Ulik can beat Colossus for a majority is to show that his striking power/punch durability/skill combo is greater than Colossus's striking power/punch durability/skill combo.

I say Colossus is stronger and slightly more durable against punches.
I say his skill is about equal (if not slightly more) than Uliks.

psycho gundam
"he's as fast as the flash!" - booster gold

h1a8
Originally posted by psycho gundam
"he's as fast as the flash!" - booster gold But he was shown to be which makes a difference. Words alone can be meaningless if there is no backup.

psycho gundam
yeah, no

rotiart
Honestly the edge in Strength and durability I can't imagine Whig way it goes...

However to me ulik is a brawlwe and colossus knows some martial arts moves like judo to displace attacks... I'd say that let's him dodge enough that he can eel out a small majority...

I know it probably looks like I was pro ulik before.. But I was more pro ulik is not as weak as some people think... :-)

For me the battle is won by the type of skills each ppssesses

King Troll
Ulik, he's a good friend of mine...

smile

leonidas
Even against current Ulik that stopped Thor's hammer strike, Nefaria style?

tbh, i hadn't seen that. did he have an 'official' upgrade somewhere, or was this just one writer writing him up in one issue? if he's truly that strong now, colossus would be very hard pressed to take a single fight i'd say. i was going on the more classic version of ulik....

Harbinger
The HE upgraded him, IIRC.

leonidas
Originally posted by Harbinger
The HE upgraded him, IIRC.

thumb up

then it would be a DIFFERENT ulik, one i don't know. palming thor's hammer is a pretty elite move, beyond colossus i'd say. unless ulik has shown some poor durability feats in this form, hard for me to say based on what i know of him, that colossus could beat him.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by leonidas
tbh, i hadn't seen that. did he have an 'official' upgrade somewhere, or was this just one writer writing him up in one issue? if he's truly that strong now, colossus would be very hard pressed to take a single fight i'd say. i was going on the more classic version of ulik....

Yes, he has. He's all shiny now like these "Worthy" heroes and villains from Fear Itself.

Damborgson
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-9ErJvv7P9n0/ThlHmQYV1II/AAAAAAAAAGs/vaE5qHsBA2A/KFC%2BClosed.gif
Bump

h1a8
Colossus by the slimmest of margins.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>