Magneto vs. Telekinetics

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RagingBoner
I preface this with the admission that I'm not a comic book reader, but this question has plagued me for years.

Suppose Magneto and a general telekinetic get into a tug o' war match over a piece of metal. Who wins? Does Magneto exert stronger power over metal than, say, Jean Grey or another telekinetic? Or does it depend on their relative strength?

RE: Blaxican
Depends on their relative strength, though to my knowledge very, very few telepaths have shown better control than Magneto over metal, even those who may be stronger telepaths.

StyleTime
Originally posted by RagingBoner
I preface this with the admission that I'm not a comic book reader, but this question has plagued me for years.

Suppose Magneto and a general telekinetic get into a tug o' war match over a piece of metal. Who wins? Does Magneto exert stronger power over metal than, say, Jean Grey or another telekinetic? Or does it depend on their relative strength?
It depends on the power level of that particular character. Magneto would easily overpower Julian Keller, but someone like Rachel would put up more resistance.
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Depends on their relative strength, though to my knowledge very, very few telepaths have shown better control than Magneto over metal, even those who may be stronger telepaths.
Pure telepaths can't move any object with their mind, so they lose automatically. stick out tongue

DARTH POWER
Magneto usually wins.. His control over Metal is just too good.. There are few telekinetics who can manipulate and control objects to that degree..

Darth Jello
There are a few telekinetics like Jean Grey and Typhoid that have demonstrated some pretty impressive control of metal and multiple objects. However, the way I see something like this going regardless of who's wrestling with Magneto is that the piece of metal is torn apart by the tug of war and Magneto instantly pulls it back together.

Oslaught1262
if this is just a competition of moving using tk or magnetism, Phoenix or X-man can probably beat him at sheer manipulation

maxman1180
Originally posted by Oslaught1262
if this is just a competition of moving using tk or magnetism, Phoenix or X-man can probably beat him at sheer manipulation

right.. +1

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.