Juri Han vs Sindel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack Fair
http://www.fightersgeneration.com/np8/char/juri-alternate1.jpgVShttp://www.freevideoclip.org/wp-content/uploads/img_732_mortal-kombat-9-sexy-tag-team-gameplay-fight-2011-official-mk9-hd.jpg

S.I.N has sent Juri out to investigate the source of an invading army from outworld. Seth has plans to stop the invasion and then use the invading army to take on the world and destroy Shadaloo.

Meanwhile Emperor Shao Kahn has ordered a newly resurrected Sindel to hunt down and destroy earth realm's champions. He transfers Shang Tsung's power onto her to help her accomplish the task.

Juri intercepts Sindel before the former queen of Edenia ambushed Cyber Sub-Zero and company.

Fight takes place at the Daily Bugle.

Nemesis X
Congratulations. By giving Sindel the soul of Shang Tsung, you've added PIS into the match. So anyways, yeah, I'm siding with the chick who displayed such cruel irony by nut stomping Johnny Cage.

Zack Fair
PIS? I don't know about that. I am just making sure we use Sindel at her best.

NemeBro
Sindel nut-stomped Johnny Cage?

Okay.

So she now wins everything ever in the history of winning. no expression Not even Charlie Sheen can claim to be winning to that extent.

Ridley_Prime
*rewatches scene*

I didn't see Cage getting nutstomped. 'sides, he survived along with Sonya stick out tongue, whereas everyone else who fought Sindel died, PIS or not.

Zack Fair
Any comments on the actual fight? How would this go down? The top evil female fighters from their respective franchise go at it.

Ridley_Prime
Well compared to like Sindel, I don't know too much about Juri to be honest. Got any vids of her best showings?

Zack Fair
Her respect thread has been updated with her fights in the OVA. If you have the time, and are somewhat interested, I recommend watching the OVA over the fight-only videos I posted because the full OVA videos are in HD and well it isn't that bad.

Ridley_Prime
All right, I'll do that soon. stick out tongue

samirerre
i dont really what jury is capable off

Zack Fair
Respect Juri
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lku8lxwybk1qh2gyyo1_500.gif
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f100/t523658.html

Ridley_Prime
After looking at her thread now, I think she could possibly take this. That, or it could go either way, kinda like with Chris and Stryker.. mmm

Zack Fair
I think Juri has more raw power while Sindel is the better fighter.

Hard to gauge though because Sindel was powered up by Shang Tsung, but she never demonstrated anything like that huge explosion Juri caused at the park. Would have been great if netherrealm studios showed what her scream could do at full power. She did take on all of those earth realm champions by her lonesome so it is not like they made her look weak.

Juri on the other hand didn't take on such a number of combatants, but she did effortlessly wipe the floor with any and all opposition she faced. However she did solo the Bison dolls, so it is not far fetched to think she can't do anything like what Sindel did. She was also a grand taekwondo champion since she was 15.

I agree it can go either way, but Juri has shown she has more destructive power than Sindel.

Now that is going by portayals...if we go by feats Juri destroys Sindel. She oneshot blitzed everyone once she got serious. Kicked missiles with her feet, showed TK shielding/barriers that can most likely withstand Sindel's screams and well was just plain beast.

Sindel better go try hard right from the start and finish it before Juri gets pissed.

SamZED
Im still in shock from seeing this so going with Sindel.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Kg6CIMhlt4&feature=related#t=3m45s

Although its kinda funny how Tsung's soul made her unstopable while Shang himself was getting his ass kicked by everyone and their grandmother.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Zack Fair
I think Juri has more raw power while Sindel is the better fighter.

Hard to gauge though because Sindel was powered up by Shang Tsung, but she never demonstrated anything like that huge explosion Juri caused at the park. Would have been great if netherrealm studios showed what her scream could do at full power. She did take on all of those earth realm champions by her lonesome so it is not like they made her look weak.

Juri on the other hand didn't take on such a number of combatants, but she did effortlessly wipe the floor with any and all opposition she faced. However she did solo the Bison dolls, so it is not far fetched to think she can't do anything like what Sindel did. She was also a grand taekwondo champion since she was 15.

I agree it can go either way, but Juri has shown she has more destructive power than Sindel.

Now that is going by portayals...if we go by feats Juri destroys Sindel. She oneshot blitzed everyone once she got serious. Kicked missiles with her feet, showed TK shielding/barriers that can most likely withstand Sindel's screams and well was just plain beast.

Sindel better go try hard right from the start and finish it before Juri gets pissed.
Ah, I see. In that case, Juri most likely takes it. I can see Sindel getting overly cocky too like she did when it came to Nightwolf, so that could give Juri the edge she needs..

Originally posted by SamZED
Although its kinda funny how Tsung's soul made her unstopable while Shang himself was getting his ass kicked by everyone and their grandmother.
Well every bad guy lost to everyone and their grandmother in MK9 when you put it that way (Noob Saibot, Sektor, Goro, etc). Shang at least has the feats for doing stuff like creating Mileena, helping heal Kabal with his magic, winning several MK tournaments until losing to the original Kung Lao several hundred years ago, etc., and when he was first revitalized in the new game, he dodged & countered some of Raiden's attacks before disappearing as the tarkatans appeared in swarms and overwhelmed Jax, from Tsung opening the portal in which they came.

With the souls he had consumed over the years being transferred to Sindel by Kahn, it made complete sense as to why she became as powerful as she did. Not because of PIS or whatever it is people who don't like what Sindel did called it. stick out tongue And Sindel was already kinda powerful enough by herself before that even happened (at least on the level of most of the other minions of Kahn, I believe). Shang's souls being added to her own just made the already powerful Edenian queen an uber character for the most part. Still, Juri ain't to be underestimated either.

Meioh_Hades
One of the few bad guys in MK 2011 story mode that wasn't transformed in a butt monkey was Ermac. At least we see him ripping Jax's arms and defeating Cage (but don't let me start about that fat cop, Striker, beating Ermac and Kintaro). Even the mighty Shokans Goro and Kintaro weren's spared... That makes the Great Kung Lao quite a pussy, since he was defeated by Goro.

I agree that Sindel was already VERY powerful even without Shang Tsung's essence: her ritual suicide was enough to form a barrier that prevented Shao Kahn himself into setting foot in Earthrealm. The Queen must have always been extremely powerful in sorcery.

However I agree with Zack Fair: featwise Juri appears to have more power, but Sindel seems to be a better fighter.

I think 60/40 for Juri: as we've seen Sindel can be prone to understimate the enemy (and that enable Nightwolf to take her with him).

Bro SMASH
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

Well every bad guy lost to everyone and their grandmother in MK9 when you put it that way (Noob Saibot, Sektor, Goro, etc). Shang at least has the feats for doing stuff like creating Mileena, helping heal Kabal with his magic, winning several MK tournaments until losing to the original Kung Lao several hundred years ago, etc., and when he was first revitalized in the new game, he dodged & countered some of Raiden's attacks before disappearing as the tarkatans appeared in swarms and overwhelmed Jax, from Tsung opening the portal in which they came.

Let's not forget, he also destroyed a helicopter too.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Meioh_Hades
One of the few bad guys in MK 2011 story mode that wasn't transformed in a butt monkey was Ermac. At least we see him ripping Jax's arms and defeating Cage (but don't let me start about that fat cop, Striker, beating Ermac and Kintaro). Even the mighty Shokans Goro and Kintaro weren's spared... That makes the Great Kung Lao quite a pussy, since he was defeated by Goro.

I agree that Sindel was already VERY powerful even without Shang Tsung's essence: her ritual suicide was enough to form a barrier that prevented Shao Kahn himself into setting foot in Earthrealm. The Queen must have always been extremely powerful in sorcery.

However I agree with Zack Fair: featwise Juri appears to have more power, but Sindel seems to be a better fighter.

I think 60/40 for Juri: as we've seen Sindel can be prone to understimate the enemy (and that enable Nightwolf to take her with him).
Sindel's Deception ending may have not been canon, but if anything, it still shows an accurate/believable portrayal of how formidable her magic/powers can be, so yeah.

Basically agreed with the rest, and yeah. The way Goro was portrayed in the new game does sadly, make the Great Kung Lao look bad in turn as well, if all those guys were able to beat the Shokan prince and not him...

Originally posted by Bro SMASH
Let's not forget, he also destroyed a helicopter too.
Oh yeah, derp. Can't believe I forgot to mention that. And if we include the original timeline, Tsung blinded Kenshi and took the souls of his ancestors, killed Kung Lao during the time he was part of the Deadly Alliance (which kinda makes it even funnier how Lao was able to defeat both him and Quan in MK9), and created Meat from his flesh pits (long after Mileena), in addition to the whole recreating Onaga's mummified army thing by transferring souls.

Meioh_Hades
About Goro, they should have created a scene similar to the one in MKmessedM intro. One shotting Sonya, Cage, Kung Lao... and then having Liu Kang face him.

The wrost offender is Cyber Sub Zero, who was able to defeat both Goro and Kintaro at the same time ^^'

Ridley_Prime
And then having Cage finish Goro off after Liu softens him up some? 313 Hell, I still would've liked a part in the game where Johnny makes Goro his ***** like in the movie. Closest thing there was to that though was when you had to face a zombie Goro as Cage in the challenge tower.

Yeah, that's true, but I liked what Cyber Sub said after he defeated them. lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.