Toughest Herald

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Damborgson
What Herald level character has the highest damage soak????

Thor

Gladiator

Surfer

Superman

Hyperion

WWH

Martian Manhunter

list your own to.

Q99
Juggernaut.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by Damborgson

Thor

Gladiator

Surfer

Superman

Hyperion

WWH

Martian Manhunter

list your own to.

Black Adam/Captain Marvel then WWH

Endless Mike
Plastic Man

-Pr-
If you mean initial "take a punch without the healing coming in to effect", then from the list, Superman.

carver9
Without healing, Glads and Supes... with everything included...WWH.

Badabing
Guy Gardner.

Hyperion Prime
There is a difference between Durability...taking hits without getting hurt. Then there is the ability to take hits, while getting hurt and being able to keep coming.

Juggernaut, Superman=Durability

CM/Black Adam, WWH= Keep coming.

Edit: who the hell knows, actually who the hell cares.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
Black Adam/Captain Marvel then WWH

JakeTheBank
Durability: Superman.
Damage Soak: Thor.

Your mileage may vary.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Badabing
Guy Gardner.

Toughest HERALD level character. C'mon, now, Bada.

C'mon.

Fifthchild
With Mjolnir helping him Thor should take some energy attacks better than anyone else on the list.

Depends on the definition of damage soak but i think WWH and Juggernaut are probably up there. Superman/Cap Marvel also rank highly of course.

"Id"
Everything included. Lobo.

Mindset
Originally posted by Q99
Juggernaut. Originally posted by Endless Mike
Plastic Man Originally posted by "Id"
Everything included. Lobo.

carver9

Thor

Gladiator

Surfer

Superman

Hyperion

WWH

Martian Manhunter

list your own to.

In order...

WWH

Gladiator
Superman=Thor=Surfer
Hyperion
Martian Manhunter

iceman24567
Originally posted by Mindset
thumb up you smart bro

Mindset
Also, Iceman.

Fifthchild
Lobo is a good call. Though he has his off days like anyone.

iceman24567
Also, Iceman. thumb up You are a super genius

TheLordofMurder
Juggernaut tanked a God Blast (albeit from a weakened Thor) without sustaining damage; with his Force Field up, Juggs takes this hands down...

Of course Thor did survive energy blasts from "merciless" Celestials; if we take that showing into account, NO HERALD has better damage soak than that...

BattleMage
WWH/CM/BA

Everyone else

carver9
I don't think anyone mentioned above could still be at 100% after the beating Zom gave WWH.

Sin I AM
wwh is high herald?

anywho Marvel/Adam.......

carver9
Originally posted by Sin I AM
wwh is high herald?

anywho Marvel/Adam.......

HP Doomsday or Gog War Doomsday High Herald?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by carver9
HP Doomsday or Gog War Doomsday High Herald?

yes so? Hulk is NO Doomsday

Damborgson
yes so? Hulk is NO Doomsday words of wisdom right there.

carver9
yes so? Hulk is NO Doomsday

They are both bricks and WWH is stronger than Doomsday... no matter how much you all dislike it.

Damborgson
They are both bricks and WWH is stronger than Doomsday http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb150/TOTO-LERO/gifs/giveup.gif

Sin I AM
They are both bricks and WWH is stronger than Doomsday... no matter how much you all dislike it.

you need to read more comics carver, DD at his best is way more than a brick

carver9
you need to read more comics carver, DD at his best is way more than a brick

You need to read more comics, Hulk at his best is way more than a brick.

JakeTheBank
lol

Sin I AM
You need to read more comics, Hulk at his best is way more than a brick.

based on what? hyperbole, stalemating sentry (gaining the slight upper hand), beating a jobbing Zom Strange, tanking a skrull BB scream?...beating the x-men pfft gtfoh...those feats can be replicated by DD ON THE FLY...

create the thread carver if it hasnt already been done DD vs Hulk at their best no cis, no bfr and see who wins

carver9
based on what? hyperbole, stalemating sentry (gaining the slight upper hand), beating a jobbing Zom Strange, tanking a skrull BB scream?...beating the x-men pfft gtfoh...those feats can be replicated by DD ON THE FLY...

create the thread carver if it hasnt already been done DD vs Hulk at their best no cis, no bfr and see who wins

Why would I create the thread when 90% of the people on the forum hates Hulk? Hulk is stronger and their durability is questionable. Taking on teams, let's not even go there... Hulk has taken on the best of teams, even while weakened.

Are you serious? Do you not know of everything Hulk has done outside of punching people? He has adapt, his strength can increase, speed, durability, he has seen images in astral form. He has adapted as well, hell, he has even grown gills, he has a healing factor and I know there is other things that I have forgotten but what I have mentioned is enough.

By the way, that scream from that skrull Black Bolt took a chunk out of the moon the size of a state.

JakeTheBank
Who hates the Hulk?

Batman-Prime
I think Carver is right, Hulk is the toghest Herald, though his stamina and strength can reach Skyfather levels. He is beyond DD. DD is just a cheap ripp-off and should only show the DC fanboys what would happen to supes if Hulk would stomp in wink.

Newjak
When I read damage soak I always think of a character that can simply take a lot of punishment and still keep going.

Some people seem to be taking it as pure durability

and some seem to include healing factors.

If I had to choose based on the above ideas it would go

Thor: For pure ability to take a beating and injuries and keep coming.

Juggernaut/Plastic Man: For inability to get hurt

Possibly WWHulk/Definitely Lobo: Cause they both seem to be able to heal from anything.

Sin I AM
Why would I create the thread when 90% of the people on the forum hates Hulk? Hulk is stronger and their durability is questionable. Taking on teams, let's not even go there... Hulk has taken on the best of teams, even while weakened.

Are you serious? Do you not know of everything Hulk has done outside of punching people? He has adapt, his strength can increase, speed, durability, he has seen images in astral form. He has adapted as well, hell, he has even grown gills, he has a healing factor and I know there is other things that I have forgotten but what I have mentioned is enough.

By the way, that scream from that skrull Black Bolt took a chunk out of the moon the size of a state.

Ok carver, im bored so i will humor you. I like Hulk dont get me wrong, Ive read pretty much every appearance until Red Hulk, and even though the arc was complete shite and had Marvel Earth jobbing to extreme levels i still bought the trash because Im a fan. Now even though his strength is phenomenal and dynamic in nature...its still not enough to put down Doomsday, and NEVER has Hulk adapted on the fly during a bout to the level Doomsday regularly performs. To think so is fanboyish/assinine. Lets break the arc dow shall we

He fought an imposter Black Bolt, we dont even know how this skrull stakes up to the real deal to gauge his powerset, +++PLUS+++ the fight occured off-panel, and everyone know the original beat his ass before so a reasonable poster shouldnt even use the "doppleganger" feat.

He beat the F4, big whoop, Torch is a nobody, (reed coulve just depowered him) reed sucks with blunt force trauma, he has always been depicted as superior to Ben, and IW shouldve just bubble brained him but jobbed.

Strange was STILL at classic levels during the fight, he could have easily...depowered him, bfred him again, any number of things instead he does what? invokes a demon and grows a conscience, then preoceeds to let himself lose

i wont even mention the X-Men and Sentry fight because they are just as pointless...

carver9
Originally posted by Newjak
When I read damage soak I always think of a character that can simply take a lot of punishment and still keep going.

Some people seem to be taking it as pure durability

and some seem to include healing factors.

If I had to choose based on the above ideas it would go

Thor: For pure ability to take a beating and injuries and keep coming.

Juggernaut/Plastic Man: For inability to get hurt

Possibly WWHulk/Definitely Lobo: Cause they both seem to be able to heal from anything.

Basing things off of pure damage soak... yes, Thor has shown the best imo.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
I think Carver is right, Hulk is the toghest Herald, though his stamina and strength can reach Skyfather levels. He is beyond DD. DD is just a cheap ripp-off and should only show the DC fanboys what would happen to supes if Hulk would stomp in wink.

dont encourage him

Mindset
wwh is high herald?

anywho Marvel/Adam....... Yes

Sin I AM
Yes

based on what ?? roll eyes (sarcastic)

carver9
Ok carver, im bored so i will humor you. I like Hulk dont get me wrong, Ive read pretty much every appearance until Red Hulk, and even though the arc was complete shite and had Marvel Earth jobbing to extreme levels i still bought the trash because Im a fan. Now even though his strength is phenomenal and dynamic in nature...its still not enough to put down Doomsday, and NEVER has Hulk adapted on the fly during a bout to the level Doomsday regularly performs. To think so is fanboyish/assinine. Lets break the arc dow shall we

He fought an imposter Black Bolt, we dont even know how this skrull stakes up to the real deal to gauge his powerset, +++PLUS+++ the fight occured off-panel, and everyone know the original beat his ass before so a reasonable poster shouldnt even use the "doppleganger" feat.

He beat the F4, big whoop, Torch is a nobody, (reed coulve just depowered him) reed sucks with blunt force trauma, he has always been depicted as superior to Ben, and IW shouldve just bubble brained him but jobbed.

Strange was STILL at classic levels during the fight, he could have easily...depowered him, bfred him again, any number of things instead he does what? invokes a demon and grows a conscience, then preoceeds to let himself lose

i wont even mention the X-Men and Sentry fight because they are just as pointless...

So pretty much your post is full of should have, could have?

Batman-Prime
dont encourage him

Sorry, Ma'am

shutup

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Who hates the Hulk?

Mindset
based on what ?? roll eyes (sarcastic) Beating up a high herald.

carver9

Visit a Hulk thread. I got one for ya... visit the Zeus vs Gladiator or Odin vs Gladiator thread.

carver9
Sorry, Ma'am

shutup

Sigh.

JakeTheBank
Visit a Hulk thread. I got one for ya... visit the Zeus vs Gladiator or Odin vs Gladiator thread.

You realize by claiming "90% of the forum hates the Hulk" you've effectively called out pretty much everyone, right?

So, give me/us some names as to who hates the Hulk.

DD is just a cheap ripp-off you're right about this one at least
juggernaut and lobo have the best damge soak in the herald class, a tier above even plastic man, wwhulk or the shazam family.

carver9
You realize by claiming "90% of the forum hates the Hulk" you've effectively called out pretty much everyone, right?

So, give me/us some names as to who hates the Hulk.

Not 90 but at least 70 imo.

Sin I AM
Beating up a high herald.

who?

Mindset
Sentry.

Sin I AM
Sentry.

smokin' .....im not going there again, look up context and reread the arc

Sin I AM
So pretty much your post is full of should have, could have?

answer me this carver before i go, do u believe hulk can beat strange in a "real" fight?

Mindset
smokin' .....im not going there again, look up context and reread the arc Ok, just did, WWH beat the high herald Sentry.

Sin I AM
Ok, just did, WWH beat the high herald Sentry.

un hun correct me if im wrong since u just reread the entire arc but didnt sentry want to get beaten,or do folks only use that excuse in the seige arc

carver9
answer me this carver before i go, do u believe hulk can beat strange in a "real" fight?

Once you answer this. Has Hulk beat Strange on-panel?

Simbon
Not 90 but at least 70 imo.

Ah yes, the "People must disagree with me about hulk because they hate hulk" argument. You've even accused me of this when Hulk is a character I like quite a bit. The 70% number is not insignificant though -- roughly a third of KMCers think Superman can beat Thanos, and if you generated a similar vote for Thor vs V&V Despero, I'd bet around 30% to a third would vote for Thor. In other words, in any given fight, there may be as many as a third of the posters who are blinded by fanboyism -- and sometimes the fanboyism is not even direct, but is carried out in order to conform to the mental hierarchy that the fanboy builds around his favorite characters. It's not that 70% of the people sell Hulk short because they hate him -- it's just that you are part of the 30% who can't see him clearly.

Mindset
un hun correct me if im wrong since u just reread the entire arc but didnt sentry want to get beaten,or do folks only use that excuse in the seige arc He wanted to be beaten when he lost control of his power, he was still a high herald before that when he couldn't put Hulk down and Hulk was smashing his face.

If you don't think Hulk is high herald, then you don't know shit about Hulk.

Sin I AM
Once you answer this. Has Hulk beat Strange on-panel?

shrewd the old answer a question with a question bit, your debating skills are in rare form.........im not talking about a comic fight im talking about a forum battle

iceman24567
Not 90 but at least 70 imo. You really take it to another level

Sin I AM
He wanted to be beaten when he lost control of his power, he was still a high herald before that when he couldn't put Hulk down and Hulk was smashing his face.

If you don't think Hulk is high herald, then you don't know shit about Hulk.

if you think Hulk is High Herald you don't know shit about comics

Mindset
If you don't agree with me, then you just don't know shit.

Pick up a comic, sin.

HigH ScholaR

It has and tbh I said Hulk then and I'll say Hulk now too IMO

erm regarding toughness based on that list Silver Surfer, Gladiator top spot.

Sin I AM

Pick up a comic, sin. \

low/mid herald yes......high? nawww just doesnt cut the mustard but alas
i guess we can just agree to disagree sugarplum, no harm no foul stick out tongue

oh and i do boo, everyday

iceman24567

Pick up a comic, sin. LOL

carver9
shrewd the old answer a question with a question bit, your debating skills are in rare form.........im not talking about a comic fight im talking about a forum battle

Strange has already tried everything on Hulk and even admitted that his only chance at taking Hulk out was bfring him. He tried attacking him through astral form and still got crushed... he even fought him with a amp and lost. So the answer to you question is "yes", going by on-panel showings, Hulk can beat Strange.

strange could have killed the hulk with a gesture, but refused to do so for ethical reasons, engaging him in astral form isntead. hulk tricked strange into a position where he could defeat him, but that was all. then they came up wioth some bullshit about strange not being able to cast with his hand broken. so he could be removed as a threat in other words, story made it clear that hulk had no prayer against strange iof not for CIS and PIS

-Pr-
Originally posted by 753
strange could have killed the hulk with a gesture, but refused to do so for ethical reasons, engaging him in astral form isntead. hulk tricked strange into a position where he could defeat him, but that was all. then they came up wioth some bullshit about strange not being able to cast with his hand broken. so he could be removed as a threat in other words, story made it clear that hulk had no prayer against strange iof not for CIS and PIS

Aye.

Simbon
Originally posted by 753

Proves nothing; Pak only wrote it that way because he hates the hulk. Heck, nearly 80 percent of Marvel writers hate the hulk, that' why he's never depicted at his true power.

Simbon
^At his true levels, he can even do things like bet Gladiator!

carver9
WOW

carver9
Originally posted by Simbon
Proves nothing; Pak only wrote it that way because he hates the hulk. Heck, nearly 80 percent of Marvel writers hate the hulk, that' why he's never depicted at his true power.

I thought your nickname was Pak? confused

JakeTheBank

lmao

SuperiorTech
Strange has already tried everything on Hulk and even admitted that his only chance at taking Hulk out was bfring him. He tried attacking him through astral form and still got crushed... he even fought him with a amp and lost. So the answer to you question is "yes", going by on-panel showings, Hulk can beat Strange.

What's this everything that Strange tried on the Hulk? Strange was asked to sent him away on two separate occasion one by Stark and Then by Danny he refused.When simply killing him was brought up by Echo again he refused.What was suggested to him was to send him away or kill that's not what Strange wanted he wanted to help his friend.

The spell that Strange used ended up taking him into Hulk minds it failed at first because it was depended on Hulk letting him in but when he fought Ross an opening appeared and Strange took it again it was made clear he intentions.

http://thumbnails15.imagebam.com/13555/2e4745135541097.jpg

Again
http://thumbnails36.imagebam.com/13555/971cc9135541176.jpg http://thumbnails16.imagebam.com/13555/5c07a0135541180.jpg

Mindset
Hulk has the biggest penis.

JakeTheBank

That's all that matters in the end.

Simbon

No, Martian Manhunter can make his much bigger.

SuperiorTech

Doom sucks.

Hyperion Prime
Ah yes, the "People must disagree with me about hulk because they hate hulk" argument. You've even accused me of this when Hulk is a character I like quite a bit. The 70% number is not insignificant though -- roughly a third of KMCers think Superman can beat Thanos, and if you generated a similar vote for Thor vs V&V Despero, I'd bet around 30% to a third would vote for Thor. In other words, in any given fight, there may be as many as a third of the posters who are blinded by fanboyism -- and sometimes the fanboyism is not even direct, but is carried out in order to conform to the mental hierarchy that the fanboy builds around his favorite characters. It's not that 70% of the people sell Hulk short because they hate him -- it's just that you are part of the 30% who can't see him clearly.

Excellent post. There is very little Hulk hate on this board.

JakeTheBank
Well....

I phucking hate the Hulk.

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/ComeatmeBro.jpg

Mindset
IM TELLIN BADA!

Simbon
Well....

Even early Hulk?

CosmicComet
Well....

approach me, brethren.

wildernesss
technically, classic juggernaut probably has the highest damage soak.

JakeTheBank
IM TELLIN BADA!

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/Iaintworried.jpg

I ain't even worried, brah

Even early Hulk?

Nah, I like mostly all the Hulks accept for Savage, tbh. My fav is probably Professor, if not Bruce Banner outright. I do hate when other characters suddenly decide to engage the Hulk on his terms and don't use their powers against them.

Originally posted by CosmicComet
approach me, brethren.

BkDeJucAuCk

Mindset
You dun goofed.

carver9
http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/Iaintworried.jpg

I ain't even worried, brah

Nah, I like mostly all the Hulks accept for Savage, tbh. My fav is probably Professor, if not Bruce Banner outright. I do hate when other characters suddenly decide to engage the Hulk on his terms and don't use their powers against them.

BkDeJucAuCk

Stop lying. mad

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by CosmicComet
approach me, brethren.
Come hither sibling

Allankles
No, Martian Manhunter can make his much bigger.

lol

Hyperion Prime
Old school Hulk was a better character than current Hulk. I like old school loner Hulk. Now he has a posse and it sucks. They need to get rid of Cho. If he was ordinary like Rick Jones I would not mind him as much. Lately this has turned into the Cho, Show. Hulks life has turned into a Soap Opera.

nimbus006

Thor

Gladiator

Surfer

Superman

Hyperion

WWH

Martian Manhunter

Of these characters, the one with the greatest overall damage soak, meaning can withstand all types of attacks (physical, energy, telepathic etc...) and still keep coming is probably Superman or Thor.

Straight Physical punishment has to be Superman/Hulk

Energy/Telepathic/Mystical but no physical has to be Surfer/Thor

What Surfer did in Annihilation against tenebrous and Aegis was prettty impressive feat of durablilty. I believe he withstood the entire force of the Crunch or something like that.

Nah, I like mostly all the Hulks accept for Savage, tbh. wtf?

JayDaDon
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Come hither sibling

sick

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by 753
wtf?

I prefer Hulk with a little bit of intelligence at least. I can't stand the childlike/short yellow bus riding Hulk with lines such as "Red Hulk isn't Hulk! Hulk is Hulk!" or "Hulk smash purple helmet man". Savage Hulk is pretty boring, imo. Green Scar/WWH is much more entertaining.

Hyperion Prime
Mr Fixit is the best of all the Hulks. How can anyone dislike savage Hulk???

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/rave74/hulk-wants-to-be-left-alone-l.jpg

Damborgson
Since we're stirring up the past....

carver9
Thor have the best showings when it comes to Damage soak but looking at consistency, I'm leaning towards Hulk.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.