Blood-ties Exodus vs God Cable

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
exodus had some pretty crazy feats. how much more powerful does everyone think cable is? recall--exodus beat SERSI, who is DAMN uber and who effortlessly scanned the minds of every person on the planet in seconds. sersi could easily be viewed as a high herald imo.....

celestialdemon
God Cable didn't impress me at all. Exodus wins.

"Id"
I was very impressed by Cable, and he should beat Exodus on his best day.

Sersi scaned the entire minds of the planet in minutes. Well Cable had ionized the entire planet with his telepathy. Emma had trouble maintaining a mental shield with Cerebra. The only reason her shields held, was because Cable was not focusing on breaching her thoughts, as opposed to looking into everyone mind at once.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by leonidas
exodus had some pretty crazy feats. how much more powerful does everyone think cable is? recall--exodus beat SERSI, who is DAMN uber and who effortlessly scanned the minds of every person on the planet in seconds. sersi could easily be viewed as a high herald imo.....
I thought Exodus just stalemated Sersi off panel.

inimalist
I'd have to go with God-Cable

Lord_Talron
finally cable is getting some wins here xD

leonidas
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I thought Exodus just stalemated Sersi off panel.

he did stalemate her for a while. in a one-shot he overwhelmed her AND bk after a short while. when he fought in blood-ties he also made war machine look silly, and was more than ALL the avengers east and west coast and the x-men could handle. he was also pretty much pwning genosha--all at the same time iirc. if i'm wrong, i'm sure someone will clarify it a little more, but i'm pretty sure that was the case.

i keep hearing all about god cable, but i've seen precious little in the way of scans. not saying people are lying about him, but scans with context would be cool.....

inimalist
iirc, BJC was more powerful than Xavier, who has always been superior to Exodus (it was a psi assault from Xavier that finally, well, not defeated, but "stopped" BT Exodus).

I look at it like this: Exodus has insane combat feats from BT, whereas the only real combat BJC got into was the lame fight with Surfer. However, if we use things like Cable reassembling the atoms of the damage he and Surfer did, while holding his Island thing afloat, etc, it shows more power than did Exodus, just not directed in the same way. We never saw him let loose on an enemy the way Exodus did on Sersi, Jean, Quicksilver, etc, but if we infer from his other feats, he should be more powerful

Mindset
Originally posted by celestialdemon
God Cable didn't impress me at all. Exodus wins. Then you probably didn't read the comics.

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Mindset
Then you probably didn't read the comics.

So because I disagree with you I probably didn't read the comic? Wonderful logic there. laughing

Mindset
So because I disagree with you I probably didn't read the comic? Wonderful logic there. laughing You weren't impressed by Cable being the most powerful psi user on Marvel Earth and one of the most powerful in comics.

So yea.

leonidas
Originally posted by inimalist
iirc, BJC was more powerful than Xavier, who has always been superior to Exodus (it was a psi assault from Xavier that finally, well, not defeated, but "stopped" BT Exodus).

I look at it like this: Exodus has insane combat feats from BT, whereas the only real combat BJC got into was the lame fight with Surfer. However, if we use things like Cable reassembling the atoms of the damage he and Surfer did, while holding his Island thing afloat, etc, it shows more power than did Exodus, just not directed in the same way. We never saw him let loose on an enemy the way Exodus did on Sersi, Jean, Quicksilver, etc, but if we infer from his other feats, he should be more powerful

only issue i have with that is, we don't know how much of that restructuring on the fly was ss and how much was cable. ss has done LOADS of things like that in his sleep so how much do we attribute to cable?

anyway, just in case some are too lazy to check him out, here's one scan from the respect thread showing just how powerful exodus is:

Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Exodus vs The Avengers and X-Men in Bloodties

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/8350/04141axmb048458lozg2.th.jpg

An indirect effect of Exodus' powerful TK is that it inhibits Storms powers.

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/8936/03962axmb101472lotz0.th.jpghttp://img65.imageshack.us/img65/1712/04308axmb102540lorm6.th.jpghttp://img65.imageshack.us/img65/1002/04470axmb103449logz7.th.jpg

Exodus blocks attacks from Storm, The Black Knight and Cyclops while similtaneously maintaining a TK shield around himself, levitating Jean Grey, Quicksilver, Crystal and The Scarlet Witch in status and crushing the island of Genosha with another TK shield while telepathically inducing hate into the people of Genosha.
*Note- See Lucid Lui's scans above for more information on the Bloodties battle

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/2622/04885axmb119597lobf8.th.jpg

the complete battles and scans are in the respect thread. worth checking out.

as far as this battle goes--cable had some uber feats, but few battle-oriented feats so it's a little hard to gauge. exodus otoh has fought and beaten pretty well every psi in marvel. he may lose this battle (unless he can use his vampiric power to win--not sure if that would work here) but he'd make it one HELL of a fight. i still think a YOUNG and inexperienced exodus beating sersi is more impressive than cable's showing against ss, but as has been pointed out, that MAY be due to the natures of the fight themselves.

celestialdemon
You weren't impressed by Cable being the most powerful psi user on Marvel Earth and one of the most powerful in comics.

So yea.

Really? So the feats he demonstrated were greater than Nate's and Legion's?

And yes, I know he was one of the most powerful in comics. So are Jean, Xavier, Shadow King, Emma Frost, Cassandra Nova, Quentin Quire, Rachel Summers, and Exodus himself.

Mindset
Really? So the feats he demonstrated were greater than Nate's and Legion's?

And yes, I know he was one of the most powerful in comics. So are Jean, Xavier, Shadow King, Emma Frost, Cassandra Nova, Quentin Quire, Rachel Summers, and Exodus himself. Nate and Legion weren't around then. He is on par with Nate, and at the time showed more power than Legion did.

He is stronger than every one of those characters except CN, who also wasn't around.

The fact that you weren't at all impressed is ridiculous.

inimalist
only issue i have with that is, we don't know how much of that restructuring on the fly was ss and how much was cable. ss has done LOADS of things like that in his sleep so how much do we attribute to cable?

anyway, just in case some are too lazy to check him out, here's one scan from the respect thread showing just how powerful exodus is:

oh, don't get me wrong, I chose Exodus in Kandy's tourney for that exact reason, he is powerful as anything. And it is true, it is hard to attribute/guage Cable's powers as "god cable", especially in combat

(as a personal note, I just frankly like Exodus better as a character)

the complete battles and scans are in the respect thread. worth checking out.

as far as this battle goes--cable had some uber feats, but few battle-oriented feats so it's a little hard to gauge. exodus otoh has fought and beaten pretty well every psi in marvel.

yes and no

he has never bested Xavier, the closest he came was after rebuilding his brain, he mind****s with him for a bit, before Xavier essentially goes "enough" and ends it.

While weakened, he fought against both a weakened X man and Cable with modest success (he was stalemating X man solo)

he certainly has the feats to put him in Xavier's league, and with his full range of powers could probably beat him, but I don't think he has ever successfully taken Xavier in TP (and at that, Exodus' manip and TK powers were much less fleshed out as they are now during BT, which is why I would lean to current Exodus as the most powerful incarnation)

he may lose this battle (unless he can use his vampiric power to win--not sure if that would work here) but he'd make it one HELL of a fight.

absolutly. I think in a CIS on fight, he isn't going to resort to the vampiric stuff until he is hurt and as a last resort, but it was his strategy against X man, and was generally successful. Given BJC's power "reserves", if Exodus focused on this tactic, he could easily drain whatever power advantage Cable has over him away, imho

i still think a YOUNG and inexperienced exodus beating sersi is more impressive than cable's showing against ss, but as has been pointed out, that MAY be due to the natures of the fight themselves.

ya, again, don't get me wrong, I loath that SS/BJC fight, and Exodus overpowering Sersi is a HUGE feat.

however, Exodus is not inexperienced. He got his powers hundreds of years ago from Apoc... in the Black Knight: Exodus one-shot.

iirc, Sersi is in that too, and tries to mentally hold Exodus (only succeeds for an instant) before Apoc ends the fight, so there is good reason to think Exodus may be > Sersi in terms of just raw power, if not versatility.

I suppose my issue is, how powerful is BJC really? the way he was written, and the sort of aura around him was that he should have been uber, but combat feats don't support this.

Actually, I'd compare it to Iron Patriot and Green Goblin. In terms of logic, Patriot should be the clear superior of the two, but in terms of feats, Goblin is leagues ahead of him. Might be the same here. For all the uberness of God Cable, he didn't do much, and for all the jobbing Exodus has done, his high end feats put him in Marvel's top echelon of psi characters.

inimalist
Nate and Legion weren't around then. He is on par with Nate, and at the time showed more power than Legion did.

He is stronger than every one of those characters except CN, who also wasn't around.

There is nothing to suggest God Cable was more powerful than Shadow King

Mindset
There is nothing to suggest God Cable was more powerful than Shadow King Except that Cable is stronger than Xavier and who gives SK a pretty even fight, if not beating him.

inimalist
Except that Cable is stronger than Xavier and who gives SK a pretty even fight, if not beating him.

SK's MO isn't to attack his targets, but to attempt to corrupt them into following his orders.

In the handful of times SK has attacked Xavier outright, he has succeeded in KOing him more often than not. In fact, most times Xavier wins, the plot is something like "Xavier pulls of crazy move to defeat overwhelmingly more powerful opponent"

Mindset
OK.

Cable > Xavier > SK.

Glad we got that cleared up.

inimalist
except that it certainly isn't clear that Xavier>SK...

There is nothing to suggest God Cable was more powerful than Shadow King huh?

as for the thread I too give this to Cable. 7/10

Exodus's power seem to have returned to normal, so he is no longer a vampire. I do wish his telportation pulse would be presented again.

While it's true that SS may have helped restore the damage tehy caused, I always thought it was cable doing most of it because of the way their energy signatures were portrayed.

inimalist
Originally posted by 753
huh?

well, for instance, BJC never possessed the minds of dead people to reanimate them. nor, iirc, did he ever unite the fractures minds of Legion, or, in that vein, possess Legion while he wore cerebro.

like I said before, SK's MO to try and corrupt the minds of people fails to demonstrate his full TP ability, which does include the ability to KO Xavier.

his hubris is what defeats him, not a lack of power. how many other psi would you have to resort to destroying the astral plane in order to defeat?

celestialdemon
Nate and Legion weren't around then. He is on par with Nate, and at the time showed more power than Legion did.

The point I was trying to make is declaring him one of the most powerful psychics in comics isn't impressive in and of itself, as those I mentioned are as well, and I'm certainly not impressed by people like Emma or Jean (sans Phoenix Force).

His battle feats haven't backed up that he's on par with Nate and certainly not more powerful than Legion.

Mindset
Except it's impressive when you're stronger than 90% of those people you mentioned.

Yes they have. You realize Legion just now became a universe warper, right? Before that Cable was at least on par with him.

Anyway, him not being impressive at all to you is retarded, but you're entitled to your horrible opinion, I guess.

leonidas
SS/BJC fight, and Exodus overpowering Sersi is a HUGE feat.

however, Exodus is not inexperienced. He got his powers hundreds of years ago from Apoc... in the Black Knight: Exodus one-shot.

i agree with everything you said (because, well, you agreed with me first big grin ) except the above--in that one-shot he overpowered sersi. THAT was the fight i was referencing, not the blood-ties one. smile and you're right--in that one-shot he was still very young and inexperienced as it was set a long time ago when he first manifested his powers.

exodus is very cool.

leonidas
Except it's impressive when you're stronger than 90% of those people you mentioned.

Yes they have. You realize Legion just now became a universe warper, right? Before that Cable was at least on par with him.

Anyway, him not being impressive at all to you is retarded, but you're entitled to your horrible opinion, I guess.

man, just tell him you're right and he's wrong and the discussion is over. that's always good enough for me. then give him one of these for good measure flex

Mindset
man, just tell him you're right and he's wrong and the discussion is over. that's always good enough for me. then give him one of these for good measure flex Youre right, idk what I was thinking.

inimalist
i agree with everything you said (because, well, you agreed with me first big grin ) except the above--in that one-shot he overpowered sersi. THAT was the fight i was referencing, not the blood-ties one. smile and you're right--in that one-shot he was still very young and inexperienced as it was set a long time ago when he first manifested his powers.

exodus is very cool.

ah, my mistake

celestialdemon

Yes, I realize he just became a universe warper. And before that, he was strong enough to ignore attacks from the X-Men and Erik like they weren't even there and even brought about the attention of the Watchers.

Did Cable show some power? Absolutely. But getting owned by SS doesn't strike me as overly impressive. Sorry if I'm not as easy to impress as you are.

Mindset
I'm sorry that you're not right like I am.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.