Sebastian Shaw (movie) vs Thor (movie)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nihilist
No bfr

Who wins

Mindset
Shaw absorbs every attack then rapes Thor.

thanos-prime
Originally posted by Mindset
Shaw absorbs every attack then rapes Thor. thumb up

the ninjak
Thor in one second creates a burst wave that tears everything apart. (Frost Giants scene)

Shaw survives this obviously but Thor flies into the sky, now free from anything Shaw can do. And create a hurricane that lifts Shaw into the sky. (Destroyer scene)

Thor then BFRs him. Or waits for the trained authourities to take him away.

Mindset
Nah, Shaw kills him.

the ninjak
How?

They are standing apart from each other.

Thor blows eveything apart for giggles.
Then enters the sky. Creating a hurricane that alowed him to hold the Destroyer in place. And blows him out into the sea for BFR. Or holds him there until the authorities that captured Magneto in Xmen. Or the people in the Hulk figure out a nice prison for him. SHIELD.

Shaw can't touch Thor.

Mindset
Originally posted by the ninjak
How?

They are standing apart from each other.

Thor blows eveything apart for giggles.
Then enters the sky. Creating a hurricane that alowed him to hold the Destroyer in place. And blows him out into the sea for BFR. Or holds him there until the authorities that captured Magneto in Xmen. Or the people in the Hulk figure out a nice prison for him. SHIELD.

Shaw can't Thor. Try reading the OP.

Also not sure wtf half of your post is even talking about; there are only two people in this fight that is happening in an indestructible arena.

I do agree that Shaw can't Thor though. No one can Thor like Thor can.

Nihilist
Lol and bfr

SasuOna
Shaw doesn't need to touch Thor to kill him did you see the scene when Shaw just destroyed most of the cia building by putting his hand out?

Anyway its not like Thor can actually hurt him anyway
Shaw obviously would win this

Lord Feron
Sorry but which movie was Shaw in...?

the ninjak
Try reading the OP.

Also not sure wtf half of your post is even talking about; there are only two people in this fight that is happening in an indestructible arena.

Dammit I guess Thor is just gonna have to hold Shaw in the air until Ragnarok.

His energy absorbtion feats against the destroyers beams when he charged him may be a little too much too use. But he can maybe drain Shaw.

Shaw was killed by a slow coin in the head. What about sucking all the air out of the area? Does Shaw need to breathe? I guess so.

He loses sooner or later. Thor has all the time in the world.

Originally posted by Lord Feron
Sorry but which movie was Shaw in...?

Xmen First Class.

Originally posted by SasuOna
Shaw doesn't need to touch Thor to kill him did you see the scene when Shaw just destroyed most of the cia building by putting his hand out?

Anyway its not like Thor can actually hurt him anyway
Shaw obviously would win this

He hit the ground creating a kintic explosion around his immediate area where there was ground. Kinda like being grounded from electricity but instead of being protected you get burnt.

thor is in the sky keeping Shaw at bay. He aint winning.

SasuOna
Why does Thor start in the sky because you want him to?

Please everything has potential or kinetic energy present in it
any attempt that Thor makes to try and move him in any way is making him more powerful.

Logical conclusion to the fight Thor tries to hit him with Mjolnir does nothing and Shaw stuffs some energy down his throat.

the ninjak
Why does Thor start in the sky because you want him to?

Please everything has potential or kinetic energy present in it
any attempt that Thor makes to try and move him in any way is making him more powerful.

Logical conclusion to the fight Thor tries to hit him with Mjolnir does nothing and Shaw stuffs some energy down his throat.

Heh just going by movie feats. Thor was smart enough to take his impervious opponent into the air and test it. It won't take him long to see what the guy can do.
Plus I started my scenario with Thor blasting the area. Then hitting the sky. Once he sees Shaw absorb the massive blast he'll know what to do. wink

StiltmanFTW

laughing out loud

KingD19
Ninjak is wanking Thor almost as hard as he does Parker and his Spider-Sense.

the ninjak
Originally posted by KingD19
Ninjak is wanking Thor almost as hard as he does Parker and his Spider-Sense.

Hey in Spiderman his spidersense slowed time. In Xmen First Class Mags could have simply took the helmut off Shaws head instantly of ripped the side off the submarine off and given himself better room to evaluate the situation.

Thor sucks Shaw into a hurricane and sucks all the air out of the centre. Shaw goes unconscious Thor wins.

KingD19
Hey in Spiderman his spidersense slowed time. In Xmen First Class Mags could have simply took the helmut off Shaws head instantly of ripped the side off the submarine off and given himself better room to evaluate the situation.

Thor sucks Shaw into a hurricane and sucks all the air out of the centre. Shaw goes unconscious Thor wins.

That didn't keep him from getting tagged by literally every villain in all three movies; even those who should have been slowed down.

Oh, and to counter you thing about the hurricane, Shaw absorbs all the energy from it. He had Riptide in his employ, you've got to think that hey, if Shaw has a guy who can make tornadoes working for him, he has a way to deal with tornadoes.

the ninjak
Originally posted by KingD19
That didn't keep him from getting tagged by literally every villain in all three movies; even those who should have been slowed down.

Oh, and to counter you thing about the hurricane, Shaw absorbs all the energy from it. He had Riptide in his employ, you've got to think that hey, if Shaw has a guy who can make tornadoes working for him, he has a way to deal with tornadoes.

No other mutants. Riptide gets killed by the initial blast I posted anyways. He won't survive that.
Once Thor hits the air he sucks Shaw up and sucks the air out of his lungs with a huge focused hurricane that he showed enough control to hold the Destroyer.

If Riptide somehow survives the blast. Thor thunks his head off with the thrown hammer. It returns he continues the hurricane.

SevenShackles
http://wetmen.provocateuse.com/images/photos/kevin_bacon_01.jpg
the bacon shall overcome.
http://blogs.e-rockford.com/movieman/files/2011/03/kevin_bacon_animal_house1233937456.jpg

the ninjak
Bacon gets put in a morgue.

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae259/the_ninjak/bacon.jpg

KingD19
No other mutants. Riptide gets killed by the initial blast I posted anyways. He won't survive that.
Once Thor hits the air he sucks Shaw up and sucks the air out of his lungs with a huge focused hurricane that he showed enough control to hold the Destroyer.

If Riptide somehow survives the blast. Thor thunks his head off with the thrown hammer. It returns he continues the hurricane.

I wasn't saying he'd put Riptide up against Thor. I was saying that as Riptide worked for Shaw, Shaw more than likely had a way of dealing with tornadoes. And considering all the stuff he absorbed, absorbing the energy of a tornado would be easy.

JakeTheBank
Shaw was absorbing the energy from a nuclear reactor, so his upper limits are pretty high end. Thor's best bet is incapacitation via pinning Shaw with Mjolnir.

the ninjak
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Shaw was absorbing the energy from a nuclear reactor, so his upper limits are pretty high end. Thor's best bet is incapacitation via pinning Shaw with Mjolnir.

That too wink Plus Shaw needs oxygen.

DarkOdin
Movie thor for the win. thisThor actually used his powers very very smart unlike how writers treat Thor half the time. Thor simply lays Mjolnir on Shaw foot and waits for him to die from lack of food, water etc... and did movie shaw show anything about asorbing magic if not one magic kighting bolt will kill him

cdtm
Once Thor figures out what Sebastian can do, he simply forces him to the ground, places the hammer on him, then slowly presses his finger through his head.

Going by how Mags dealt with him, that should bypass his powers.

cdtm
Or, he could skip the hammer thing and just try strangling him.

No reason to believe Shaw had anything close to Thor's strength level, even when amped.

SasuOna
How did Magneto bypass his powers? Didn't Shaw infer in the movie that all he needs is energy to prolong his life?
It seems like most of you didn't even watch the movie

Shaw getting picked up by a hurricane is only going to serve to give him more energy and thats assuming it would even move him since he tanked an RPG and a grenade point blank without moving at all.

Thor even laying Mjolnir on him seems to imply that you think Thor has any type of speed advantage in this fight.

cdtm
How did Magneto bypass his powers? Didn't Shaw infer in the movie that all he needs is energy to prolong his life?

Magneto rested a coin against Shaw's head, and slowly pushed it through. Clearly, this was done to bypass his ability to absorb kinetic force, otherwise he could've simply ended it by turning the coin into a bullet.

So, Thor simply throttling him should work just as well.

JakeTheBank
It seems like most of you didn't even watch the movie

Shaw getting picked up by a hurricane is only going to serve to give him more energy and thats assuming it would even move him since he tanked an RPG and a grenade point blank without moving at all.

Thor even laying Mjolnir on him seems to imply that you think Thor has any type of speed advantage in this fight.

I think a hurricane > RPG and point blank grenades and gunfire. I think Thor's destruction of the Jotunheim landscape dwarfs anything we've seen Shaw tank all at once in the movie. Outside of applying no limits fallacy on Shaw's behalf, he didn't absorb anything all at once to suggest he could tank everything from Thor. I'd wager his powers do have limits as he had to slowly drain the nuclear reactor and didn't do it instantly as he did with explosions and conventional energy blasts. Assuming he'll absorb a hurricane is reaching, imo, especially if we're basing it on because he "must have had the means to put Riptide in his place".

Thor does have a massive speed advantage on Shaw.

McNasty996
Originally posted by cdtm
Magneto rested a coin against Shaw's head, and slowly pushed it through. Clearly, this was done to bypass his ability to absorb kinetic force, otherwise he could've simply ended it by turning the coin into a bullet.

So, Thor simply throttling him should work just as well.

You are forgetting that Sebastion was frozen in place and unable to use his power because of Xavior otherwise it wouldn't have worked. Ir was also why Xavior felt Sebastion's pain somewhat, he was still inside his mind.

cdtm
Originally posted by McNasty996
You are forgetting that Sebastion was frozen in place and unable to use his power because of Xavior otherwise it wouldn't have worked. Ir was also why Xavior felt Sebastion's pain somewhat, he was still inside his mind.

Unless it's a passive power.

Kind of like how Parasite doesn't actually switch his powers on, they're always running.

And it would explain why Mags did what he did. I suppose one could argue he just wanted Shaw to suffer, or enjoy the moment...

McNasty996
It was never shown to be passive though, every time the ability is displayed he is actually aware in a combat situation. Even then Magneto moved a submarine which a far more force feat than anything that Thor displayed.

JakeTheBank
Even then Magneto moved a submarine which a far more force feat than anything that Thor displayed.

You think Magneto moving a submarine > Thor wrecking the majority of the Jotunheim plateau?

McNasty996
You think Magneto moving a submarine > Thor wrecking the majority of the Jotunheim plateau?

Are you talking about the same place that was falling apart and hallow underneath the moment that the Asgardians landed as well as being made of ice?

JakeTheBank
Are you talking about the same place that was falling apart and hallow underneath the moment that the Asgardians landed as well as being made of ice?

I'm talking about when Thor slammed Mjolnir down and caused a massive earthquake which shattered tons and tons of ice and earth. Hollow or not, in terms of sheer destructive power, I don't recall either Magneto performing a power feat on that level - many finesse and skill based ones, though - nor do I recall Shaw absorbing such power all at once on that level.

SasuOna
Thor has no speed advantage or any speed feats in his movie for that matter

Magneto is a bullet timer
and Shaw was reacting to explosions that went off right in his face which would make him easily hypersonic.

A hurricane does not generate more force then an RPG explosion. If one thing can't faze you why would a significantly weaker force lift you off the ground?

Thor is not getting by Shaw's powers

celeyhyga17
Thor has no speed advantage or any speed feats in his movie for that matter

Magneto is a bullet timer
and Shaw was reacting to explosions that went off right in his face which would make him easily hypersonic.

A hurricane does not generate more force then an RPG explosion. If one thing can't faze you why would a significantly weaker force lift you off the ground?

Thor is not getting by Shaw's powers

Erm... He was moving pretty fast.. Hater..

McNasty996
I'm talking about when Thor slammed Mjolnir down and caused a massive earthquake which shattered tons and tons of ice and earth. Hollow or not, in terms of sheer destructive power, I don't recall either Magneto performing a power feat on that level - many finesse and skill based ones, though - nor do I recall Shaw absorbing such power all at once on that level.

I'm stating that that's not a big feat due to the circumstances surrounding it, such as the fact that the city was already clearly falling apart. I actually rate the CIA building feat higher in terms of destructive power.

cdtm

A hurricane does not generate more force then an RPG explosion. "

RPG explosions don't level entire towns.

SasuOna
"

RPG explosions don't level entire towns.

because an RPG explosion isn't big enough or for that matter would it last as long as a hurricane to accomplish that.

If a hurricane touched down for less then a second in a town the town would not be destroyed at all it would be like a bad storm happened for a few moments.

Hurricane winds aren't even above 200mph but somehow the force is immediately supposed to surpass something like an RPG explosion?

Shaw getting overwhelmed by a hurricane is ludicrous maybe everything around him would be effected but with his powers hes not being moved at all.

ares834
Shaw. Easily.

Mindset
Originally posted by ares834
Shaw. Easily. thumb up

the ninjak
LOL Shaw still needs to breathe. With no Oxygen at the center of a hurricane Shaw would simply go unconscious. Floating in a spot of Thor's choosing. Or he levitates Shaw in the Hurricane and lays the Hammer on his body and lets go. Shaw ain't going nowhere. Thor squeezes his head in.

Cmon guys this ain't comicbook Shaw. He has no speed feats.

Originally posted by ares834
Shaw. Easily.

It's a remote possibilty but EASY, get over it.

The second Thor became himself he fought the Destroyer far more intelligently than his comic counterpart. Shaw can't beat what he can't touch. And the kinetic spreading explosion scene required physical mass to spread the fire. Thor is in the sky. Plus fire won't do crap.

h1a8
Once Thor figures out what Sebastian can do, he simply forces him to the ground, places the hammer on him, then slowly presses his finger through his head.

Going by how Mags dealt with him, that should bypass his powers. Actually the coin only went through his head because Professor X shut Shaw's mind down, preventing him from adsorbing the coin's kinetic energy. After all, Shaw had no problem absorbing bullets with ease.

h1a8
LOL Shaw still needs to breathe. With no Oxygen at the center of a hurricane Shaw would simply go unconscious. Floating in a spot of Thor's choosing. Or he levitates Shaw in the Hurricane and lays the Hammer on his body and lets go. Shaw ain't going nowhere. Thor squeezes his head in.

Cmon guys this ain't comicbook Shaw. He has no speed feats.

It's a remote possibilty but EASY, get over it.

The second Thor became himself he fought the Destroyer far more intelligently than his comic counterpart. Shaw can't beat what he can't touch. And the kinetic spreading explosion scene required physical mass to spread the fire. Thor is in the sky. Plus fire won't do crap. Movie Thor never showed the ability to suck oxygen out of someone's lungs. A hurricane doesn't do that for air is still around to breath. Also dragging air away wouldn't deplete the area of oxygen either as more oxygen will come from the next surrounding area since there is oxygen around the whole planet.

Newjak
I'm stating that that's not a big feat due to the circumstances surrounding it, such as the fact that the city was already clearly falling apart. I actually rate the CIA building feat higher in terms of destructive power. The circumstances???

The dude unleashed a lightning bolt that caused a huge destructive blast that was ripping apart ice and rock.

as for it being hollow who cares. It was still enough to support an entire race of giants and their city and the giant monster was running on it.

If it was so brittle then the city would have caused it to crack and fall apart ages ago.

Thor's feat >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>. CIA building feat no question about it.

Besides Shaw's biggest feat imo would have been him absorbing the entire nuclear reactor from the submarine.

As for who can win the fight. I can see arguments that can be made on both sides and the nature of Shaw's powers make it hard to decide.

Supermutant
Lol this is easily Shaw. Unlike most other movies where powerful characters are downgraded from comic versions like Magneto, Surfer and Thor, Shaw recieved a significant upgrade with his ability to absorb all types of energy.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Supermutant
Lol this is easily Shaw. Unlike most other movies where powerful characters are downgraded from comic versions like Magneto, Surfer and Thor, Shaw recieved a significant upgrade with his ability to absorb all types of energy.

No he did'nt comic version gained superspeed.

Originally posted by h1a8
Actually the coin only went through his head because Professor X shut Shaw's mind down, preventing him from adsorbing the coin's kinetic energy. After all, Shaw had no problem absorbing bullets with ease.

So if Xavier shut Rogues mind down you could make out with her huh?

No

the ninjak

Tazer
Yo.

Xavier didnt prevent Shaw from absorbing the energy of the coin moving thru his mind; he simply prevented him from moving to avoid it.

as for this fight, its Shaws fight to lose; placing Mjolnir on Shaw to pin him means Thor would have to come within arms reach, and thats EXTREMELY hazardous his health (as well as not a given since wats to him from moving away by sliding UNDER the hammer?)

Tazer

Fifthchild
I think the only way for Thor to win would be to either overload Shaw or use Mjolnir to drain all the kinetic energy out of him. It's an open question as to whether either of those two options are possible. Up till that point though it's highly likely Thor just runs up and smashes him in the face a few times and Shaw gives it all back to him at once.

As for the coin head thing I think it's almost certainly the case that he couldn't use his powers to protect himself due to Xavier. Strangling, hurricanes etc should be absorbed like anything else theoretically at least.

Silent Master
Was Shaw shown as a skilled fighter?

Mindset
He doesn't need to be.

Silent Master
So Shaw can beat Thor without ever landing any attacks?

the ninjak
Originally posted by Silent Master
So Shaw can beat Thor without ever landing any attacks?

Through close contact he can release what looked like concentrated kinetic energy.
He destroyed a bunch of surrounding people by setting of an attack that spread kinetic explosions around him by stamping his foot.
The charge spread throughout the ground similar in idea to Gambit's ability but much more advanced and aggressive.
Shaw can't touch Thor if he's in the air though. Or keeps fair distance.

Mindset
So Shaw can beat Thor without ever landing any attacks? Did you even see the movie?

Nihilist
Was Shaw shown as a skilled fighter? when was movie Thor shown to be a skilled fighter ?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Nihilist
when was movie Thor shown to be a skilled fighter ?

Depends on what you mean by "skilled". I wouldn't cite him as being a Batman or Cap level fighter by any means, but he did tear through SHIELD guards on route to reclaim Mjolnir. He's certainly adept at fighting, imo.

Silent Master
Other than the times he beat several highly training Shield agents as if they were "minimum wage mall cops" or when he killed multiple Frost Giants?

cdtm
Yeah, Thor displayed mad skills, considering who he beat (Highly skilled SHIELD agents), and how easily he beat them.

Even Hawkeye was so impressed, he was rooting for him.

Tazer
Yo.

I wouldnt say he displayed "da mad skillz" (he wasnt as impressive as Mystique looked in X1), but he certainly looked like he could handle himself in almost any scrap that came his way........

Tazer

Xplosive
There is a rare thing when a comic book character is more powerful in a movie than in comics. That goes for Shaw. I don't know if that's the case for any other comic book character in a movie. Spider-Man is good and could compare or rival his comic book counter part. But Shaw is actually more powerful than in comics.
Shaw was absorbing nuclear reactor and he didn't look to be overloaded anytime soon. Probably even comic Magneto could have some trouble with movie Shaw.
Shaw was a beast in the movie and he wins this.

Nihilist
laughing out loud at using Thor beats some random shield chumps as proof of skill(the agents never showed ANY skill at all), and all Thor did against the gaints was throw haymakers. Shaw would annihilate both

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor never showed a limit to his strength just like Shaw never showed a limit to his absorption. So it's a stalemate.

laughing out loud at using Thor beats some random shield chumps as proof of skill(the agents never showed ANY skill at all), and all Thor did against the gaints was throw haymakers. Shaw would annihilate both

What the hell do you want, some kind of montage showing the Agent training?

Thor apparently defeated some of the most highly trained men in the world. He was incredibly effective at hand to hand combat. That was obviously what the creators were trying to portray.

Mindset
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor never showed a limit to his strength just like Shaw never showed a limit to his absorption. So it's a stalemate.

That wouldn't be a stalemate.

He'd have had to show no limit to his invulnerability.

Xplosive

You wish.

Rage.Of.Olympus
That wouldn't be a stalemate.

He'd have had to show no limit to his invulnerability.

We never saw Thor get put down by anything so clearly his ability to soak up damage is unlimited. That goes without saying.

Nihilist

Mindset
We never saw Thor get put down by anything so clearly his ability to soak up damage is unlimited. That goes without saying. I saw him get hurt.

You must have seen a different movie.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Be stupid about it if you want. I thought it was obvious that Thor was intended to be skilled in hand to hand. There's a reason why they took so much time trying to develop a fighting style for Thor. He's supposed to be a brawler, but at the same time, highly effective.

Silent Master
That was the entire point, Thor was so skilled that he made them look like chumps...or did you miss the part of the movie where this was stated?

Rage.Of.Olympus
I saw him get hurt.

You must have seen a different movie.

When did Thor get put down?

Xplosive
Movie Shaw is just too much for movie Thor.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Apparently not.

JakeTheBank
IIRC, Thor (with powers, obviously) was only really injured by Loki w/Gungnir. And Loki completely disintegrated Laufey with it.

Unless I'm missing something.

Xplosive
IIRC, Thor was only really injured by Loki w/Gungnir. And Loki completely disintegrated Laufey with it.

And what does that mean to Shaw? It only means that Shaw is also far too much for Laufey and Loki. smile

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Xplosive
And what does that mean to Shaw? It only means that Shaw is also far too much for Laufey and Loki.

I was responding to the claim of Thor being hurt.

Based on what?

the ninjak
And what does that mean to Shaw? It only means that Shaw is also far too much for Laufey and Loki. smile

Loki would waste Shaw.

Philosophía
Thor never showed a limit to his strength just like Shaw never showed a limit to his absorption. So it's a stalemate. I'm still waiting for the day when you'll actually make any kind of sense.

You should start saying "Superman wins" every now and then, even if you don't think so. That way you'll fake intelligence.

Xplosive
I was responding to the claim of Thor being hurt.

Based on what?

Based on Shaw showing to have far more power within than anything Thor or Loki showed or displayed in the movie.

Xplosive
Loki would waste Shaw.

Ok.

JakeTheBank
Based on that Shaw showed to have far more power within than abything Thor or Loki showed or displayed in the movie.

How would Shaw beat Loki?

Rage.Of.Olympus

Xplosive
How would Shaw beat Loki?

We saw what kind od power Shaw could with stand and not only that, but becoming even more powerful and not showing any sign of being overloaded.

And what has Loki displayed to withstand the power Shaw had within?

Xplosive
The Asgard shown in the movie, Shaw potentially could tear it apart himself. smile

Silent Master
How does the energy needed to create a tornado compare to the energy in a nuclear sub's reactor?

JakeTheBank
We saw what kind od power Shaw could with stand and not only that, but becoming even more powerful and and not showing any sing of being overloaded.

And what has Loki displayed to withstand the power Shaw had within?

We saw Shaw absorbing a nuclear reactor with little signs of trouble. Using that as reasoning as to "Shaw having no limits" is pretty ridiculous.

Loki showed:

-Teleportation
-Illusion casting
-Making copies of himself
-Had the Casket of Ancient Winters - which should be all that's needed, really.
-Could apparently possess people

It would be Loki's fight to lose against Shaw, imo. Shaw couldn't do shit to Loki if Loki didn't want it to happen.

the ninjak
Yeah I was hasty with the word waste. But Loki had the casket he could create in his hands, invisibility amongst people of Midgard. Magical blasts could also pose a problem. Though Shaw never had to deal with magic in the movie.

Philosophía
For the record, I'm not being serious and I'm simply mocking the reasoning that Ninjak used in another thread. Good to know, it's hard to tell otherwise.

Kind of like if Carver would say that Gladiator/Hulk would individually beat the JLA.

Xplosive
How does the energy needed to create a tornado compare to the energy in a nuclear sub's reactor?

Remember, also Storm can do that, call a tornado.
It would probably be a favor for Shaw, to make him more powerful even quicker. smile eek!

Xplosive
We saw Shaw absorbing a nuclear reactor with little signs of trouble. Using that as reasoning as to "Shaw having no limits" is pretty ridiculous.

It would be Loki's fight to lose against Shaw, imo. Shaw couldn't do shit to Loki if Loki didn't want it to happen.

No one is saying Shaw has no limits. Of course he had. That's a given.

Yeah.

JakeTheBank
No one is saying Shaw has no limits. Of course he had. That's a given.

Yeah.

I will say I feel Loki would be a much harder fight than Thor would be, though.

Xplosive
I will say I feel Loki would be a much harder fight than Thor would be, though.

You know what, I actually agree.

the ninjak
For the record, I'm not being serious and I'm simply mocking the reasoning that Ninjak used in another thread.

What did I have to do with anything you posted?

You know what, I actually agree.

The casket and invisibilty are actually quite perfect against someone like Shaw.

Silent Master
Remember, also Storm can do that, call a tornado.
It would probably be a favor for Shaw, to make him more powerful even quicker. smile eek!

Assuming he could absorb all the energy and what about when Thor creates another tornado...as creating the first one didn't seem to be very hard for him to do.

Plus, could he absorb it before being BFR'd?

Mindset
When did Thor get put down? I said hurt, not put down.

Xplosive
Assuming he could absorb all the energy and what about when Thor creates another tornado...as creating the first one didn't seem to be very hard for him to do.

Plus, could he absorb it before being BFR'd?

The OP said no BFR.

I am saying that Shaw could absorb the energy from tornado, just because he didn't show any sign, not even close, of being overloaded with nuclear reactor.

Xplosive
Indeed, tornado has immense energy, but Shaw could probably also avoid it, once having so much power and strenght.
Remember, if Shaw would have the power or energy of tornado within, why would another tornado be doing some problem to him, if he already has the equal power. He could probably resist it or avoid it or just go through it.

Xplosive
The casket and invisibilty are actually quite perfect against someone like Shaw.

Yes indeed. Stylistically, Loki would be a tougher match up for Shaw than Thor.

But maybe illusion casting and making copies of himself wouldn't help him much, if Shaw would decide just to release the power at once. Then invisibility and those copy wouldn't help anymore.

Silent Master
The OP said no BFR.

I am saying that Shaw could absorb the energy from tornado, just because he didn't show any sign, not even close, of being overloaded with nuclear reactor.

Forgot about the no BFR part. but Thor could just pick him up with the tornado and then keep adding power to it as Shaw tries and absorb it.

Tazer
Yo.

We never saw Thor get put down by anything so clearly his ability to soak up damage is unlimited. That goes without saying.

Thor also didnt soak up MASSIVE amounts of dmg, so I cant agree that his ability to do so would be unlimited.......

Tazer

Xplosive
Forgot about the no BFR part. but Thor could just pick him up with the tornado and then keep adding power to it as Shaw tries and absorb it.

Problem answering such quesition is because we still don't know Shaw limits.
But if he would absorb it (he was capable of nuclear reactor), maybe then he could just simply resist it and go through it when neccessary.

Silent Master
How can he resist it if he's in the air?

Newjak
It's safe to say that Shaw has a limit. The fact that it wasn't even overloaded by a nuclear reactor though means that it is going to be pretty fn high for a movie comic book character.

Tazer
Yo.

How can he resist it if he's in the air?

he cant, but its not like Shaw couldnt use up the energy he absorbed either.

Thors only chance of success while keeping Shaw suspended would be to hit him with too much energy at once & he cant expunge it..............except we dont know if thats possible.

Tazer

carver9
Shaw must have been beastly in that movie.

Mindset
He is.

h1a8
No he did'nt comic version gained superspeed.

So if Xavier shut Rogues mind down you could make out with her huh?

No We are forced to believe Shaw's powers work off of his brain. This is because bullets didn't even go through him and they had sharper edges. Our brains control our hearts and other things so it is feasible to believe Shaw's brain controls his absorption of energy.

the ninjak
Originally posted by h1a8
We are forced to believe Shaw's powers work off of his brain. This is because bullets didn't even go through him and they had sharper edges. Our brains control our hearts and other things so it is feasible to believe Shaw's brain controls his absorption of energy.

1. Interesting considering Magneto's power is based off mental states. But Shaw never brought it up. Bullets = Fast, Coin = Slow. Some mutants powers are always on full power others require mental aid.

2. If Shaw fell into water would he sink or walk on water? If he could control any kinetic contact around his body he should be able to walk through walls. But he can't. I say a hurricane will lift him up from underneath.

3. Thor had such an incredible control over tornadoes that he could lift the Destroyer.
And keep him in place while deflecting two blows.
Then proceeded to hold the Destroyer in place while he overloaded it with enough power to blast the sky. After which the armor slowly fell.
Physics says Thor has absolute control over the intensity and positioning of a Tornado. And if he wanted he could keep the epicenter on Shaw and suffocate him.

4. Going by your reasoning once Shaw loses his concentration Thor can just blast him.

Mindset
lol

rotiart
I can see the argument that shaw works off mental use...

I even agree that his latent ability is always on but he can increase his ability through mental use...

But I believe it was more that the force magneto exerted on the quarter was greater than shows ability to absorb.

Nihilist
Does anyone have any uber h2h feats for these agents that for beat to prove Thor was any good at fighting skill and not just brawling

the ninjak
Does anyone have any uber h2h feats for these agents that for beat to prove Thor was any good at fighting skill and not just brawling

Why? Thor can lift Shaw into a hurricane. If Shaw can't touch the ground he is screwed.

TheLordofMurder
Spite; movie Thor annihilates Shaw...

Nihilist
Yeah because he'll do that 10/10 won't he , just like he did against the frost giants......oh that's right he didn't did he ninjerk

joesha28
I think Thor flies thru him and rips him open...absorb this *****.

the ninjak
Yeah because he'll do that 10/10 won't he , just like he did against the frost giants......oh that's right he didn't did he ninjerk

No because there where many of them. And they also had long distance enchanted ice shards to shoot. Plus allies on the ground.

The Destroyer on the other hand. Thor went up and did what he did yes 10/10.

And why do I evoke anger amongst some of you. I'm a nice guy. I'm just fighting alone here.

Nihilist
My god you're stupid, fighting many foes at once would be a far greater reason to do the hurricane trick. And how is Thor gonna do it 10/10 when out of all the fights he had (Lokin,Frost /Giants and Destroyer) he only did it the once.

Who cares if you're a nice guy, it matter not in this debate.

the ninjak
No you're an idiot. As I posted above why would he create a hurricane in frozen colosseum WITH HIS ALLIES IN IT?

Plus abandoning his friends during the battle would'nt have been a very good idea would it?

Watch the movie again.

basilisk
Thor could try a few things:

1) The overload method by suspending Shaw in a tornado and letting Shaw absorb the energy from it indefinitely until he reached his limit. Assist with the process by constantly blasting him with lightning (and maybe throw in hailstones if he can). But can't really tell what Shaw's limit is or how long it might take to overload him if it would work at all.

2) Non-stop torrential downpour of the heaviest possible monsoonal rain until Shaw is drowned. Would depend on the landscape to do this so maybe combine this attack with suspending him in the tornado. Imagine Shaw trying to breath inside a 200-300mph spinning maelstrom of water.

3) If Thor's weather control is up to it, attempt a coldsnap attack of ice, sleet, snow, and below-zero air temperatures and wind-chill. It would actually be reducing the amount of available kinetic energy while killing Shaw via hypothermia.

Nihilist
@ ninjerk, thanks for proving you're are backwards as Thors hurrican had no effect on the humans stood nearbye. So that argument is turd as Thor was at the otherside of the battle area fighting the giants and leaving his team mates

the ninjak
@ ninjerk, thanks for proving you're are backwards as Thors hurrican had no effect on the humans stood nearbye. So argument is turd as Thor was at the otherside battle area

When focusing his tornado on one being yes he was able to localize it. But in a huge Frozen Arena? Sure he'll take up a bunch of Giants but he was more efficient on the ground.
When he could have remained on the ground smashing them apart or even better using his wide burst shot that tore the ground up.

Get over yourself dude. Why don't you take a chill pill. Brave man of the interwebs.

Nihilist
Just a load of excuses really, its ok because you're a nice guy.

the ninjak
Just a load of excuses really, its ok because you're a nice guy.

Thanks. smile Though it wasn't a bad idea to suck up Giants into a tornado. It's just with his friends fighting for their lives, the giants running in from all sides and heights and alot of the monsters having the ability to shoot ice shards that managed to take Odin's eye out. It would've been smarter to stay on the ground.

He was spinning his hammer as a shield at one stage. Using the debris from the broken ground to keep them at bay. Thor was also more brazen and selfish at the beginning of the film as well as aggressive and arrogant.
It doesn't mean much but when he fought the Destroyer he was wiser.

Nihilist
More crap as Thor thought his friends were safe as they were at the other end of the battlefield after running from the beast, which Thor believed he had killed with his hammer floor strike. At this point Thor was surrounded at ground lvl by all the frost giants which would have been a easy time to unleash his hurricane.

the ninjak
More crap as Thor thought his friends were safe as they were at the other end of the battlefield after running from the beast, which Thor believed he had killed with his hammer floor strike. At this point Thor was surrounded at ground lvl by all the frost giants which would have been a easy time to unleash his hurricane.

The ground blast was a much more time effective attack while his friends were running away. He had to fly after that giant creature.
This isn't really relevant is it?

Why is it so important to you for Thor to have used a hurricane instead of blasting the landmass apart?

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by carver9
Shaw must have been beastly in that movie.

Dude! Go watch it!

Nihilist
Its important because you're saying Thor will use the hurricane for a 10/10 when cleary isn't the case

DARTH POWER
He'd absorb the kinetic energy from a hurricane..

I think by saying no BFR, makes this kind of difficult for Thor, otherwise Id just say Thor just chucks him into space or something.

Either way Thor's gna have to be smart with this one. He has to make sure he attacks him in a way where Shaw can not absorb any energy from Thor's attack.

Im thinking of a much simpler approach. What if Thor just carries Shaw to a lake and drowns him??

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Im thinking of a much simpler approach. What if Thor just carries Shaw to a lake and drowns him??

now out of all the other things we've seen offered up in this thread, THAT would be most effective.

Tazer

the ninjak
Suffocation is definitely the path I took as well. Unfortunately the OP didn't give us a locale. But the drowning idea is a very good one.

I just thought he could just hold a huge unnatural hurricane on him and seperate him from oxygen.

Tazer
Yo.

OR.......he could just choke him to death. Y bother w/the big show 4 such a simple job? wink

Tazer

Mindset
How is Thor gonna do that when Shaw could jst blast him away?

DARTH POWER

1) Your assuming Shaw has absorbed a load of kinetic energy before this fight.

2) Thor can either absorb any blasts with Mjolnir (like he did the Destroyer's blasts), or even if he gets hit, he's a God. Im betting he can take it.

Im just saying if Thor was smart he could do something simple like that. But chances are Thor will be arrogant and start hammering away at him.

Mindset
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
1) Your assuming Shaw has absorbed a load of kinetic energy before this fight.

2) Thor can either absorb any blasts with Mjolnir (like he did the Destroyer's blasts), or even if he gets hit, he's a God. Im betting he can take it.

Im just saying if Thor was smart he could do something simple like that. But chances are Thor will be arrogant and start hammering away at him. You're assuming Thor is going to go for the choke as soon as the fight starts, or that Shaw doesn't have a reserve of kinetic energy already, or that he can't simply stomp his foot and gain more.

How is Thor going to absorb a blast with Mjolnir while choking Shaw and when the energy will be going right into Thor since they are already touching?

I'm just saying that scenario is doesn't make any sense.

the ninjak
In close range combat Shaw can create kinetic blasts. which will repel Thor away.

He can also create chunks of concentrated kinetic energy and release it into the air slowly. Kinda like Gambit's energy but much more advanced.

Thor will learn quickly that taking on Shaw in close range isn't a good idea and will have to resort to more creative methods.

Like focus a hurricane right on top of him. Take the air out. Lift him into the air and dump in as you guys said, in water.

Silent Master
Does Shaw usually start out with enough of a charge to hurt Thor?

the ninjak

The movie never mentioned. But he always had enough power to perform feats on occasion. He was very mysterious. But there's no reason to believe he doesn't for the sake of a forum fight. It's a situational question.

DARTH POWER
You're assuming Thor is going to go for the choke as soon as the fight starts,

Actually I didn't. I said if Thor was cool headed and played it smart (assuming he knows what Shaws powers are) then that is something simple he could do to defeat him. But chances are he'd be arrogant and probably just Hammer on him.

or that Shaw doesn't have a reserve of kinetic energy already,

Ok, so he's absorbed some bullets and bombs. It would not be enough to put Thor down. Every time Thor tries to carry Shaw, Shaw would unload on him. He'd run out of kinetic energy eventually though. Unless your gna assume he's just absrobed something ridiculous like a nulear reactor before this fight??

or that he can't simply stomp his foot and gain more.

You serious? You think stomping his foot is going to give him enough kinetic energy to overpower Thor?? I seriously doubt it.

And if Thor just lifts him he wnt be able to stomp his foot.

Silent Master
The movie never mentioned. But he always had enough power to perform feats on occasion. He was very mysterious. But there's no reason to believe he doesn't for the sake of a forum fight. It's a situational question.

We can't grant him more power than he showed in the movie, so what is the biggest feat he performed without being shown to absorb energy?

Mindset
I'm beginning to doubt you've accurately followed the discussion...

Maybe try reading the post I was replying to first.

Thor is not putting Shaw in a choke hold and holding him there, that's retarded.

gogogadgetgo
I dont know if anyone noticed, but Thor didn't loose once in the Movie (not counting him being owned by Odin), he beat everything that came his way. The frost giants, the giant frost beast, the shield agents, hell, he even beat the Destroyer armor.

now, Sebastian Shaw in the new X-men movie was kinda cool. But if you get right down to it, only reason he was beating Magneto was coz magneto still sucked balls at using his powers. Then there were the untrained bunch of mutants he faced (kinda)...talk about lame.

nothing in the movie would suggest that he would survive a hammer toss from Thor, the likes that punctured a hole through the frost creature thing.

If anything, it showed that He needed time to absorb larger or greater quantities of energy. He needed some time to absorb the grenade, and Havoks blast, not to mention he needed lots and lots of time to absorb the nuclear energy thing. This leads me to believe that the speed and power of a hit from Thor would just plain outright kill him as he wouldn't have the needed time to absorb such an amount of energy.

Tazer
Yo.

how would he do that? he hasnt been hit by anything yet.....

its pure fan-spec either way, but be perfectly honest: not that we saw in the movie

In close range combat Shaw can create kinetic blasts. which will repel Thor away.

He can also create chunks of concentrated kinetic energy and release it into the air slowly. Kinda like Gambit's energy but much more advanced.

Thor will learn quickly that taking on Shaw in close range isn't a good idea and will have to resort to more creative methods.

Like focus a hurricane right on top of him. Take the air out. Lift him into the air and dump in as you guys said, in water.

again, putting a person in a choke hold isnt the same kind of fight as beating on them; Thor could grab Shaw by the small of his neck and simply let Shaw swing @ him until he passes out FTW since he didnt pass on any real kinetic energy for him to convert in STR.

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

Thor is not putting Shaw in a choke hold and holding him there, that's retarded.

Thor *did* get into a few rasslin' holds when went after his hammer, so its not out-of-character for him to do so

Tazer

Nihilist
Thor never absorbed any of the destroyers blasts, he knocked them away

Mindset
Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

Thor *did* get into a few rasslin' holds when went after his hammer, so its not out-of-character for him to do so

Tazer It's out of character to immediately start like that.

And Shaw always had kinetic energy stored, that's how he stayed young, and he could gain more by hitting himself against Thor or the ground. It's impossible for Thor to keep Shaw from gaining energy.

A chokehold is not going to work on Shaw.

Mindset
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
I dont know if anyone noticed, but Thor didn't loose once in the Movie (not counting him being owned by Odin), he beat everything that came his way. The frost giants, the giant frost beast, the shield agents, hell, he even beat the Destroyer armor.

now, Sebastian Shaw in the new X-men movie was kinda cool. But if you get right down to it, only reason he was beating Magneto was coz magneto still sucked balls at using his powers. Then there were the untrained bunch of mutants he faced (kinda)...talk about lame.

nothing in the movie would suggest that he would survive a hammer toss from Thor, the likes that punctured a hole through the frost creature thing.

If anything, it showed that He needed time to absorb larger or greater quantities of energy. He needed some time to absorb the grenade, and Havoks blast, not to mention he needed lots and lots of time to absorb the nuclear energy thing. This leads me to believe that the speed and power of a hit from Thor would just plain outright kill him as he wouldn't have the needed time to absorb such an amount of energy. Sigh.

Shaw absorbed every attack within a few seconds.

It's already been explained why it took time to absorb the energy of a nuclear reactor.

Silent Master
Is stomping his foot really going to give Shaw enough energy to hurt Thor?

Mindset
Is stomping his foot really going to give Shaw enough energy to hurt Thor? He doesn't need to hurt Thor, he just needs to free himself from a choke hold, and yes, repeated stomps, head butts, etc will do that.

Silent Master
What is the best feat he did after just absorbing energy from foot stomps or headbutts?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>