Sun Wukong vs Superboy Prime

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Who wins?

Sr J-Bieb
Prime on account of me having no idea who the other guy is. I presume he's Swedish?

Omega Vision
Sun Wukong is a comic book character?

I only know of Sun Wukong as the main character of Journey to the West, and of course his Expy Goku from Dragonball/DBZ...

...both would get shit-stomped by Prime.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Omega Vision
....and of course his Expy Goku from Dragonball/DBZ...

Will a rabid fanboy leap to the defense of Goku and the DBZ cast? Will another rabid poster argue that even mainstream Superman would beat anyone from DBZ? Will a discussion ever reach over 9000?!

Find out next time on KMC!

Sr J-Bieb
Goku would dragon fist Prime easily

JakeTheBank
I think Devilman would destroy Prime, though, provided he got the time to perform his special technique.

Endless Mike
Mythological Sun Wukong was no joke.

cdtm
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Prime on account of me having no idea who the other guy is. I presume he's Swedish?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Wukong

The Monkey King, from Journey to the West. You'd probably know him by his other name, Son Goku (Which obviously was an inspiration for DBZ).

Wukong is a stone monkey that ends up defeating the armies of heaven and hell, wipes his name out of the book of life and death, defeats thousands of celestial warriors described as "cosmic embodiments". Eventually, they do capture him, but can't kill him, and he escapes and starts finishing the remaining forces off, so they call in Buddha.

Buddha challenges him to try and escape from his palm, if he could.

So, Wukong leaps to the other side of the world in a single somersault, finds the pillars that he believes marks the end of heaven, writes his name on them (And possibly pisses on them), and returns to Buddha to brag about it. Then we find out Wukong actually pissed on Buddah's hand, meaning he lost the bet... Then Buddah basically crushes him with a mountain and imprisons him, but doesn't actually kill him...

So basically, we're talking about a character so overpowered, only Buddha could actually beat him.

cdtm

I only know of Sun Wukong as the main character of Journey to the West, and of course his Expy Goku from Dragonball/DBZ...

Sun's actually about to appear in a Marvel story.

Against the Immortal Weapons of Heaven. big grin

Space M ummy
Originally posted by cdtm

The Monkey King, from Journey to the West. You'd probably know him by his other name, Son Goku (Which obviously was an inspiration for DBZ).

Wukong is a stone monkey that ends up defeating the armies of heaven and hell, wipes his name out of the book of life and death, defeats thousands of celestial warriors described as "cosmic embodiments". Eventually, they do capture him, but can't kill him, and he escapes and starts finishing the remaining forces off, so they call in Buddha.

So, Wukong leaps to the other side of the world in a single somersault, finds the pillars that he believes marks the end of heaven, writes his name on them (And possibly pisses on them), and returns to Buddha to brag about it. Then we find out Wukong actually pissed on Buddah's hand, meaning he lost the bet... Then Buddah basically crushes him with a mountain and imprisons him, but doesn't actually kill him...

So basically, we're talking about a character so overpowered, only Buddha could actually beat him.

...or anyone capable of lifting a mountain and crushing him with it. Which considering he was moving planets around would probably include SBP.

Sr J-Bieb

So basically, we're talking about a character so overpowered, only Buddha could actually beat him. I think I get it now...

Prime throws a mountain on him

cdtm
I think I get it now...

Prime throws a mountain on him

That was no ordinary mountain, it was a Buddha mountain. He basically transformed his hand into it.
Buddha also sealed it with some magic paper or somesuch. stick out tongue

JakeTheBank
Prime no sells magic. Not sure about paper, though... mmm

Prep-Man
Is this a comic books character? What issues has he appeared in?

Sr J-Bieb
That was no ordinary mountain, it was a Buddha mountain. He basically transformed his hand into it.
Buddha also sealed it with some magic paper or somesuch. stick out tongue Prime throws a mountain and a paper factory on him then.

cdtm
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Is this a comic books character? What issues has he appeared in?

Chinese novel.

Although, he's supposed to appear in the next Iron Man issue, fighting the Immortal Weapons of Heaven.

Prep-Man
So, no real comic feats?

cdtm
Originally posted by Prep-Man
So, no real comic feats?

Nope. Just novel feats.

Like the movie Sebastian Shaw vs movie Thor thread wasn't based on comic feats, but movie feats.

Slaanesh
i think he already appear in Iron Man 2.0 #5..

cdtm

There's also Goku from Saiyuki.

cdtm

Could Prime beat heaven and hell?

How about Buddha?

Sr J-Bieb
Could Prime beat heaven and hell?

How about Buddha? If Sum Tingwong did it, then Prime would do it 12 times easier.

cdtm
If Sum Tingwong did it, then Prime would do it 12 times easier.

Could he one up Wukong and actually beat Buddha, though?

Sr J-Bieb
Could he one up Wukong and actually beat Buddha, though? Yes. What has Buddha done?

cdtm
Yes. What has Buddah done?

He's Buddha. Basically, he's top of the food chain in the cosmology.

One of only three kinds of being beyond heaven and hell, beyond incarnation. His single palm covered the entire planet Earth.

Sr J-Bieb
He's Buddha. Basically, he's top of the food chain in the cosmology.

One of only three kinds of being beyond heaven and hell, beyond incarnation. His single palm covered the entire planet Earth. Oh OK. So nothing?

Prime rams a planet in his eyeball

Omega Vision
If the Immortal Weapons are a challenge to him, then Prime shouldn't have a problem beating him.

cdtm
Oh OK. So nothing?

Prime rams a planet in his eyeball

Saying he has nothing is like saying Jesus Christ or Allah has nothing.

He's a major religious figure, basically. I mean, you wouldn't say Superboy Prime beats one of the holy trinity, would you? stick out tongue

Anyways, that's what it took to take Wukong down.

Sr J-Bieb

He's a major religious figure, basically. I mean, you wouldn't say Superboy Prime beats one of the holy trinity, would you? stick out tongue

Anyways, that's what it took to take Wukong down. K. Prime wins and then kills Buddha.

If he doesn't have anything impressive to his name, then don't make threads about him.

Omega Vision

Anyways, that's what it took to take Wukong down.
In most Buddhist sects Buddha's supernatural qualities are either downplayed or ignored entirely.

Buddhism isn't about Gods and Demons and stuff like that, its about achieving enlightenment.

And Jesus's feats from the Bible put him in the Meta tier, just saying.

cdtm
K. Prime wins and then kills Buddha.

If he doesn't have anything impressive to his name, then don't make threads about him.

Heaven couldn't stop him. How's that not impressive?

You're arguing SBP is > the entire Chinese cosmology. Yeah, you aren't going to find examples of anyone moving planets, but old mythology doesn't really work like that...

Omega Vision

You're arguing SBP is > the entire Chinese cosmology. Yeah, you aren't going to find examples of anyone moving planets, but old mythology doesn't really work like that...
Just saying "heaven rawr!" isn't a solid argument.

Sr J-Bieb

You're arguing SBP is > the entire Chinese cosmology. Yeah, you aren't going to find examples of anyone moving planets, but old mythology doesn't really work like that... What did Heaven do?

I don't care how old mythology works, if they haven't done shit, then they aren't beating people who have

JakeTheBank
And Jesus's feats from the Bible put him in the Meta tier, just saying.

Looooool

cdtm
What did Heaven do?

I don't care how old mythology works, if they haven't done shit, then they aren't beating people who have

Buddha created Heaven and Earth?

You may as well argue Superboy Prime beats the Christian god. Or claim he can beat the hosts of heaven in the Christian religion, because for all intents and purposes that's exactly what Wukong did, just on the Chinese side.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by cdtm Buddha created heaven and Earth?

According to who? Do you even know who Buddha was?

Wrong. Unlike in Christianity Chinese cosmology doesn't have a singular Prime Mover entity.

Sr J-Bieb
Buddha created Heaven and Earth?

You may as well argue Superboy Prime beats the Christian god. Or claim he can beat the hosts of heaven in the Christian religion, because for all intents and purposes that's exactly what Wukong did, just on the Chinese side. So, even taking this as the truth, the best thing he did was create something that Prime can easily move or destroy with little effort?

Prime retcons religion

But I hope you realize that what you're saying is generally why religion isn't allowed in debates. Since your only backup is "OMG ReligionS!!!"

cdtm
According to who? Do you even know who Buddha was?

Wrong. Unlike in Christianity Chinese cosmology doesn't have a singular Prime Mover entity.

Pan gu supposedly created the entire mythology.

Looking back at my copy of Journey to the West, he's the one who actually created the Heavens and Earth. My mistake.

But the fact is, Buddha is still portrayed above the Jade Emperor and hosts of heaven, who rule over the Heaven and Earth. So Wukong still defeated an entire Pantheon, minus Buddha himself.

Sr J-Bieb
Pan gu supposedly created the entire mythology.

Looking back at my copy of Journey to the West, he's the one who actually created the Heavens and Earth. My mistake.

But the fact is, Buddha is still portrayed above the Jade Emperor and hosts of heaven, who rule over the Heaven and Earth. So Wukong still defeated an entire Pantheon, minus Buddha himself. What did the Pantheon do?

Omega Vision
What did the Pantheon do?
Pantheon stuff. Stood around looking important.

King Kandy
I think this would be a stalemate. Wukong is notoriously hard to hurt, basically, invulnerable in the truest sense of the word. He also has 72 lives. On the other hand, while an 8 ton staff must have seemed really impressive back in the day, i don't think Wukong could harm prime with it.

Sr J-Bieb
Pantheon stuff. Stood around looking important. You add 'Heaven' to what you just said and I am completely sold that he wins in this thread

Omega Vision
Originally posted by King Kandy
I think this would be a stalemate. Wukong is notoriously hard to hurt, basically, invulnerable in the truest sense of the word. He also has 72 lives. On the other hand, while an 8 ton staff must have seemed really impressive back in the day, i don't think Wukong could harm prime with it.
Even assuming Prime can't hurt him (and I really don't know about that, maybe he was just invulnerable to what the people in his world could dish out) couldn't Prime throw him into space or just drop a mountain on him?

cdtm
What did the Pantheon do?

Well, here's what they are:

So, he was basically fighting against constellations and major celestial beings.

King Kandy
Even assuming Prime can't hurt him (and I really don't know about that, maybe he was just invulnerable to what the people in his world could dish out) couldn't Prime throw him into space or just drop a mountain on him?
He can fly in space, so throwing him wouldn't do anything. The mountain only trapped him because of the magic seal written on it, it had nothing to do with its weight.

cdtm

But the staff in question was also the lynchpin anchoring the Milky Way galaxy.

Sr J-Bieb
Well, here's what they are:

So, he was basically fighting against constellations and major celestial beings. Sooooo... nothing?

cdtm
Sooooo... nothing?

Fighting living constellations is nothing? confused

Sr J-Bieb
Fighting living constellations is nothing? confused So what they did was be a living constellation? Next time someone asks what Prime has done I'm going to reply 'Kryptonian'.

I'm prepared to DL this on my phone now just to see if this quoting on Wiki is correct though.

King Kandy
But the staff in question was also the lynchpin anchoring the Milky Way galaxy.
And that means what? Fact is that it is 8 tons (and fails to break steel weapons often), so, I don't see it being effective. This fight will go down just like battle between 2 silver age kryptonians; they can't hurt each other.

Simbon
I don't know anything about Drazon Ball Z, but I have read Journey to the West and the Tower of Myriad Mirrors (a 17th century sequel), and I can state categorically that Monkey would DESTROY prime. Why?
1) Totally invulnerable to physical harm -- at best he could be imprisoned or stalemated; there are, aside from Buddha, only two people who give him a run for his money, and three if you want to include the Tower of Myriad Mirrors. Really, his only vulnerabilities are psychic. His strength is also pretty much limitless, and he can fly to the edge of the universe almost instantly. He has messed up pantheons, constellations, and had his name wiped out of the book of life and death so that he can never die. He got several upgrades after that, as well.
2) His staff can assume any size, can multiply itself infinitely, obeys his thoughts, controlled the tides and was used to hammer out the milky way. He acquired many other powerful weapons in his journeys, but didn't make much use of them.
3) He can assume ANY size, becoming as big as a mountain if he wishes, can transform into any shape, and can create as many as 84,000 duplicates just as powerful as he is -- in other words he can create an army of 84,000 mountain-sized, totally invulnerable dragons if he so desires.

Prime doesn't have a prayer.

Simbon
And that means what? Fact is that it is 8 tons (and fails to break steel weapons often), so, I don't see it being effective. This fight will go down just like battle between 2 silver age kryptonians; they can't hurt each other.

It's only called that -- the weight is variable according to its size, which is as large as Monkey wants it to be. It's not like it's just a big golden rod; it has tremendous magical power.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Simbon
It's only called that -- the weight is variable according to its size, which is as large as Monkey wants it to be. It's not like it's just a big golden rod; it has tremendous magical power.
And based on what do you get that conclusion? We see the other pilgrims carrying heavy weapons of that sort, but that weight applied equally when monkey lifted it from the ocean. i see no indication otherwise.

Again, I ask you, how can he harm prime? His staff can't do it as it has failed to break many things weaker than prime...

Harbinger
What did Heaven do? Laughed out loud.

WhiteWitchKing
Sooooo... nothing?

Simbon covered a good number of his abilities. The mountain comment is complete ignorance because it was the mystic seal than held him down. He broke that mountain by just standing up once the seal was removed. Prime throws a mountain and Sun Wukong would ignore it. Aside from invulnerability and immortality he's got a number of abilities to put him over Prime.

- clone himself using the hairs on him. He's cloned his own squad/legion to do the fighting for him.
- astral projection
- transformation
- size change
- flight and cloud flight
- leaping across the heavens in a few leaps. Basically Hulk's leaping abilities on steroids.
- intangibility into objects
- instant healing. The guy allows people to cut him up and his body would pull back together.

Prime would be hard press to beat Sun Wukong with his tantrums. Wukong is the biggest douche in the mythology. Loki is the god if mischief; Wukong would be the god of douche.

Sun Wukong would piss Prime with his taunts until Prime decides to rip Wukong apart. Within minutes all the pieces would fly back and reassemble Wukong who'd just laugh at Prime. Fight continues until Wukong decides to pull out his squad of clones. Prime eventually beats away Wukong's clones without realizing the Monkey King changed his size to that of a flea and flown inside Prime's mouth, entering Prime's gut. Prime hits the ground crying in pain as the Wukong mashes Prime's insides.

Everything stated in this scenerio is likely the outcome because Wukong has done this before to his opponents. Sure he jokes around a lot but he's never had a problem killing his opponents despite when his master's pleas. I would put it pass him to turn Prime's brain into goo once he's inside Prime's head.

Simbon
couldn't Prime throw him into space or just drop a mountain on him?

Would do absolutely nothing to him. He cannot die, and has unlimited strength and size. His Indian counterpart,Hanuman, is much less powerful, and once flew thousands of miles while carrying an entire mountain from the himalayas and hovered in mid-air while sprinkling the mountain's magic herbs of resurrection on a slain army.

Simbon
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing

Prime would be hard press to beat Sun Wukong with his tantrums. Wukong is the biggest douche in the mythology. Loki is the god if mischief; Wukong would be the god of douche.

Sun Wukong would piss Prime with his taunts until Prime decides to rip Wukong apart. Within minutes all the pieces would fly back and reassemble Wukong who'd just laugh at Prime. Fight continues until Wukong decides to pull out his squad of clones. Prime eventually beats away Wukong's clones without realizing the Monkey King changed his size to that of a flea and flown inside Prime's mouth, entering Prime's gut. Prime hits the ground crying in pain as the Wukong mashes Prime's insides.

Everything stated in this scenerio is likely the outcome because Wukong has done this before to his opponents. Sure he jokes around a lot but he's never had a problem killing his opponents despite when his master's pleas. I would put it pass him to turn Prime's brain into goo once he's inside Prime's head.

Absolutely spot on. Monkey has also done things like grow lots of extra limbs, with duplicates of the staff in each hand.

The fact is that there are only a few people who have even given him pause, and the only TWO to give him real trouble are abstracts: Western Buddha and the Ching Fish.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.