Sebastian Shaw (movie) VS Odin (comic version) (Cage Match Fist Fight)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wildernesss
Sebastian Shaw (movie ) VS Odin (comic version) (Cage Match Fist Fight)

no energy projection/amping whatsoever. movie shaw gets adamantium knuckle dusters. shaw starts fight with 75% of his energy absorption capacity already reached. punching only, no grappling/wrestling.

fight ends upon a KO.

who wins?

Silent Master
Odin

the ninjak
No grappling suffocation? Shaw.

Silent Master
What strength feats does movie Shaw have?

the ninjak
Originally posted by Silent Master
What strength feats does movie Shaw have?

I wouldn't quite call it strength than him just being able to put any part of himself where he wanted to.

Meaning he could walk through a wall if he wanted, he just had more class than that. He defied Magneto forcing a steel beam into him by simply holding his hand out. Then you have his touch. Which seemed to create different frequencies of kinetic blasts. He could tap you through a wall.

Odin's punches me be awesome but Shaw just eats it. Only subtle damage can stop Shaw. And Odin is limited to punching.

Silent Master
Shaw can't win a fist fight unless he can get strong enough to hurt comic Odin, so does he have any strength feats?

the ninjak
Actually his best feat was picking up a goon.

And that wasn't even strength it was him just moving his arm into the sky. So yeah you're right. Neither of these guys are hurting each other through a punch out.

Silent Master
What is Shaw's limit in absorbing force?

JakeTheBank
facepalm

the ninjak
What is Shaw's limit in absorbing force?

He didn't show any.

Silent Master
So are we assuming that he doesn't have a limit?

Mindset
So are we assuming that he doesn't have a limit? Dunno, he was absorbing a nuclear reactor though.

KuRuPT Thanosi
You're assuming he does based on which part of the movie?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Odin punches a hole through Shaw's face as he laughs at the pointless attempts to harm him.

Ninjak is an idiot. Shaw did not accomplish anything that even suggests he has a prayer of winning this.

Silent Master
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
You're assuming he does based on which part of the movie?

Have you ever heard of a no-limits fallacy?

Xplosive
Odin

the ninjak
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Ninjak is an idiot. Shaw did not accomplish anything that even suggests he has a prayer of winning this.

A bit harsh. Don't blame me. But he didn't show any limit in the film.

Rage.Of.Olympus
So we assume he has no limit? Using this logic he'd beat Eternity, the Living Tribunal. Hell, he'd beat TOAA.

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings, but I call them how I see them.

Xplosive
Originally posted by the ninjak
A bit harsh. Don't blame me. But he didn't show any limit in the film.

Does he have limits? Of course he had. We don't need to see, to know it.
But what I saw is that even absorbing a nuclear reactor, he didn't show any sign of being overloaded anytime soon.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
So we assume he has no limit? Using this logic, he'd beat Eternity, the Living Tribunal. Hell, he'd beat TOAA.

Of course not but I was still answering the guys question geez.
That's the problem with movie feats.
Sooner or later you have to judge them on there status level.
But people don't accept that in a forum fight.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by the ninjak
Of course not but I was still answering the guys question geez. That's the problem with movie feats. Sooner or later you have to judge them on there status level. But people don't accept that in a forum fight.

Call it whatever you want, but your reasoning was incredibly flawed.

JakeTheBank
He showed limits by absorbing the nuclear reactor itself. It wasn't an instantaneous process like it was with grenades, bullets, the RPG, etc. It was a drawn out process, likely because he couldn't absorb all the energy at once or doing so would have resulted in him overloading or detonating too soon. Speculation on my part, but it's clear Shaw, either through his own imposed limitations or those of his actual power set, showed some kind of limit.

Mindset
Well, that's how nuclear reactors work, they don't release energy all at once like a nuclear explosion.

But once he had absorbed all the energy, he was going to act like the bomb.

Xplosive
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
He showed limits by absorbing the nuclear reactor itself. It wasn't an instantaneous process like it was with grenades, bullets, the RPG, etc. It was a drawn out process, likely because he couldn't absorb all the energy at once or doing so would have resulted in him overloading or detonating too soon.

Instantly or not, more important is that he had the power to absorb it and he didn't show close to be overloaded by it. Only what it looked like, it was that he could absorb more.

the ninjak
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
He showed limits by absorbing the nuclear reactor itself. It wasn't an instantaneous process like it was with grenades, bullets, the RPG, etc. It was a drawn out process, likely because he couldn't absorb all the energy at once or doing so would have resulted in him overloading or detonating too soon. Speculation on my part, but it's clear Shaw, either through his own imposed limitations or those of his actual power set, showed some kind of limit.

An interesting view. Though that reactor was what Shaw could obtain. You could also argue that if he had twice the amount of nuclear power that it wouldn't have changed a thing. He didn't look much different holding the reactor as he did when he cop a bazooka or a punch to the face.

Of course I would like to say that Shaw would just explode after two punches. That's the way I would like to see the fight play out. But Shaw was defied only by something moving into his skull at a slow pace.

Xplosive
Originally posted by Mindset
Well, that's how nuclear reactors work, they don't release energy all at once like a nuclear explosion.

Indeed.

the ninjak

KuRuPT Thanosi
Have you ever heard of a no-limits fallacy?

Point me to ANY post where I claimed or used a no-limit fallacy. You're trying to say that there is a limit and I'm asking which part of the movie suggest this. As usual you avoided the question with another question. So I ask again, which part of the movie lead you to believe there is a limit and what is tha limit?

Silent Master
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Point me to ANY post where I claimed or used a no-limit fallacy. You're trying to say that there is a limit and I'm asking which part of the movie suggest this. As usual you avoided the question with another question. So I ask again, which part of the movie lead you to believe there is a limit and what is tha limit?

So you agree that he does have a limit...ok, that's all I wanted.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.