Heralds take the Zeus challenge

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nihilist
From the list below how do they do against Zeus in a h2h fist fight.

No bfr characters who can amp,use superspeed are allowed.

Order them from first to last who does the best to the worst

Superman
Orion
Captain Marvel
Blacka Adam
Wonder Woman
Martain Manhunter
Thor(gets his hammer)
Sentry
Beta Ray Bill(gets his hammer)
Blue Marvel
Silver Surfer
Dumb Drax

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor
Captain Marvel/Black Adam/Bill
Orion
Drax/Sentry/Blue Marvel
Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter/Silver Surfer
Superman

As we have seen, the Odinson can take a hell of a beating from Zeus and keep on going. Together with Mjolnir in hand, he actually has a pretty decent shot at winning if he cuts loose. At least compared to some of the others on the list. If nothing else, he lasts the longest. The hammer can be an extremely effective defensive tool even in close combat if Thor fights smart. The same could be said for Bill and Diana.

JakeTheBank
Thor, Captain Marvel, Black Adam, and BRB all do the best.

Batman-Prime
Only h2h? No amping, not special powers? No Superspeed?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Nihilist
No bfr characters who can amp,use superspeed are allowed

From this, I took it to mean BFR is off, but if you can amp and/or use speed, it's allowed.

Nihilist
Jake is correct

KuRuPT Thanosi
They all do about the same... they get wrecked pretty easily

Sin I AM
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
They all do about the same... they get wrecked pretty easily

u sir are correct........no skyfather should have any issue with any herald, no matter how warrior mad they are

zopzop
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
As we have seen, the Odinson can take a hell of a beating from Zeus and keep on going. Together with Mjolnir in hand, he actually has a pretty decent shot at winning if he cuts loose. At least compared to some of the others on the list.

This. I can actually see Thor BEATING Zeus if he plays his cards right.

dmills
They all get equally wrecked. Drax gets wrecked less then the others I suppose.

zopzop
Originally posted by dmills
They all get equally wrecked. Drax gets wrecked less then the others I suppose.

Have you seen the Thor/Zeus throwdown in Thor Annual 8? Thor does not get 'wrecked' and if anything actually has a chance of winning if he goes all out and fights smart.

h1a8
Originally posted by Nihilist
From the list below how do they do against Zeus in a h2h fist fight.

No bfr characters who can amp,use superspeed are allowed.

Order them from first to last who does the best to the worst

Superman
Orion
Captain Marvel
Blacka Adam
Wonder Woman
Martain Manhunter
Thor(gets his hammer)
Sentry
Beta Ray Bill(gets his hammer)
Blue Marvel
Silver Surfer
Dumb Drax

Your second sentence isn't clear. If they can amp and use speed then
Surfer (provided he uses his speed in battle and reflexes and amps for a long time first)
Wonder Woman (counters a lot and uses speed)
Superman (speed is key for him)
Thor/Bill (hammers help with striking power)
BA (more relentless than CM)
CM
MM
BM? (Not sure about him)
Dumb Drax (only because he will cough up the gem again)

Newjak
Originally posted by zopzop
Have you seen the Thor/Zeus throwdown in Thor Annual 8? Thor does not get 'wrecked' and if anything actually has a chance of winning if he goes all out and fights smart. Is that the one where the fight for months?

Cause I thought basically Zeus just let Thor last as long as he did cause of a pact between Odin and Zeus and that if Zeus wanted to he could have crushed Thor?

carver9
Originally posted by Sin I AM
u sir are correct........no skyfather should have any issue with any herald, no matter how warrior mad they are

This.

dmills
Have you seen the Thor/Zeus throwdown in Thor Annual 8? Thor does not get 'wrecked' and if anything actually has a chance of winning if he goes all out and fights smart. I don't give a shyte what he did in a pissy comic. Thor gets his butthole stretched out to the max just like any other herald.

Colossus-Big C
Have you seen the Thor/Zeus throwdown in Thor Annual 8? Thor does not get 'wrecked' and if anything actually has a chance of winning if he goes all out and fights smart. not only did zeus tell thor he wasnt going to kill him, thor got wrecked as soon as it became physical.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1317666-thor_annual_08_28.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1317665-thor_annual_08_29.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by dmills
I don't give a shyte what he did in a pissy comic. Thor gets his butthole stretched out to the max just like any other herald.

Thor has performed decently too many times against entities near, on par, or above Zeus' level for it to be written off.

Originally posted by Newjak
Is that the one where the fight for months?

Cause I thought basically Zeus just let Thor last as long as he did cause of a pact between Odin and Zeus and that if Zeus wanted to he could have crushed Thor?

You need to re-read the battle. Zeus said his thunderbolts weren't intended to kill Thor at the beginning of the match as his fate was sealed. People took that statement and have run with it to some extreme conclusions.

Zeus was trying to put Thor down. He wanted Thor defeated or to admit defeat. I think it became a matter of pride not long into it after he discovered how formidable Thor was. I wouldn't be surprised if Zeus was doing all he could to win short of killing Thor. For what it's worth, he claimed Thor put up more of a fight than the combined pantheon of Olympus or the Titans.

I'd also like to point out that this was a somewhat young and inexperienced Thor as it was after the Thomas retcon.

zopzop
Zeus also had a slightly less than stellar showing later when he fought Thor and the Avengers. Mjolnir + Submariner + She-Hulk actually knocked Zeus to his knees.

Colossus-Big C
Zeus also had a slightly less than stellar showing later when he fought Thor and the Avengers. Mjolnir + Submariner + She-Hulk actually knocked Zeus to his knees. wasnt it also because his own blast got redirected at him by that ebony blade created by merlyn?
still a low showing though, but to be fair zeus wasnt being written the way he is currently

Rage.Of.Olympus
Zeus also had a slightly less than stellar showing later when he fought Thor and the Avengers. Mjolnir + Submariner + She-Hulk actually knocked Zeus to his knees.

To be fair, the Black Knight redirected Zeus' own thunderbolt back at him which caused him pain and left the opening.

As he doesn't have that many showings, seeing the threshold you need to cross to cause him pain plus a vulnerability to energy absorption doesn't bode too well for him if he ever faces a serious/intelligent Thor. The Odinson's lightning alone matches Zeus' greatest offensive output, his Thunderbolts.

Colossus-Big C
you do know zeus doesnt just have the ability to use lightning right?
he has a wide range of power from molecular minap, shape shifting, force fields etc etc

and thors lightning does come close to zeus, not even

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
you do know zeus doesnt just have the ability to use lightning right?
he has a wide range of power from molecular minap, shape shifting, force fields etc etc

and thors lightning does come close to zeus, not even

I know he can do more than blast lightning but it seems to be his primary and greatest offensive weapon. If you have evidence that proves otherwise, please post it. When has Zeus used force fields or molecular manipulation? I know he was recently seen as a large semi transparent spiritual figure under Pak but to be fair, it seems most of the Gods can do that to some extent or another. It's most likely a side effect of existing on a higher dimension plane. The most clear cut examples of Gods actually becoming gigantic are scenes involving Loki, Valkyrie, Odin empowered Thor, Skyfather Hercules, and Odin.

Based on what exactly? Thor has withstood his thunderbolts, matched Zeus' thunderbolts with his own lightning and has various instances where his lightning operates extremely high up the food chain.

SuperiorTech
Seen him turn Ares into a troll then return him to normal but yeah in general Zeus is very fond of the lightning or the fist.

Rage.Of.Olympus
My bad Colossus Big C, I just remembered that he grew in size to battle Typhoon in the retelling of the Incredible Hercules series. Sorry, it's late.

Originally posted by SuperiorTech
Seen him turn Ares into a troll then return him to normal but yeah in general Zeus is very fond of the lightning or the fist.

Really? Then he's more versatile than I believed. I was aware he and the other Olympians could shape shift but I didn't know that he could affect others.

My point still stands though. Lightning seems to be the most offensive tool in his arsenal. Seems to pack the biggest punch as well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.