Fantastic Four Scenario (What if...? )

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ColossusGrundy
Here's the idea, how would the Fantastic Four had fared over there history with a single change in membership? How would they have fared when fighting Galactus, Dr. Doom, the Skrull empire etc. etc....

Four scenarios........

#1. Replace Johnny Storm with a young Magneto

#2. Substitute Sue with the Scarlet Witch

#3. Replace Reed with Doctor Strange (classic)

#4. Replace Thing with Colossus

Any of these could change the FF history.

illadelph12
Of all the scenarios, I think the one which would negatively effect the F4's history the most would be replacing Reed with Strange. While Strange brings more personal power to the table (well, borrowed power since he's a spell caster using power allowances from high end mystical beings, etc), Reed's brain is arguably one of the greatest weapons in the MU and has saved it on numerous occasions. Strange isn't an idiot, but he's no Reed, and some problems require Reed's intellect more than actual firepower to resolve. Also, if Strange became Doom's chief rival Doom's technical genius would be unrivaled wherein he was already a runner up for the mantle of Sorcerer Supreme and would be able to contend in the mystic arts. The F4 wouldn't have an answer for Doom's tech.

Next up is replacing Sue with Wanda. Wanda's a bigger gun, but without Sue and Reed's relationship and genetics you wouldn't get the resulting births of Franklin and Valeria which would have major negative impacts on the timeline (particularly considering the whole Abraxas situation that went down).

I think replacing Ben and Johnny with Piotr and Magneto would be an upgrade, however, I think Reed and Magneto would have a lot of philosophical clashes, as well as the fact that I don't see Magneto taking orders from Reed without some major arguments.

byrdgang21
Originally posted by illadelph12
Of all the scenarios, I think the one which would negatively effect the F4's history the most would be replacing Reed with Strange. While Strange brings more personal power to the table (well, borrowed power since he's a spell caster using power allowances from high end mystical beings, etc), Reed's brain is arguably one of the greatest weapons in the MU and has saved it on numerous occasions. Strange isn't an idiot, but he's no Reed, and some problems require Reed's intellect more than actual firepower to resolve. Also, if Strange became Doom's chief rival Doom's technical genius would be unrivaled wherein he was already a runner up for the mantle of Sorcerer Supreme and would be able to contend in the mystic arts. The F4 wouldn't have an answer for Doom's tech.

Next up is replacing Sue with Wanda. Wanda's a bigger gun, but without Sue and Reed's relationship and genetics you wouldn't get the resulting births of Franklin and Valeria which would have major negative impacts on the timeline (particularly considering the whole Abraxas situation that went down).

I think replacing Ben and Johnny with Piotr and Magneto would be an upgrade, however, I think Reed and Magneto would have a lot of philosophical clashes, as well as the fact that I don't see Magneto taking orders from Reed without some major arguments.

Nice post

Bouboumaster

I mostly agree. I think that Ben is > Colossus, but Magneto would be an upgrad to the team, yeah

JakeTheBank

Well thought out and reasoned post...

Minus this Piotr replacing Ben being an "upgrade" nonsense. sneer

basilisk

I think replacing Ben and Johnny with Piotr and Magneto would be an upgrade, however, I think Reed and Magneto would have a lot of philosophical clashes, as well as the fact that I don't see Magneto taking orders from Reed without some major arguments. Yeah, pretty much.

I'm not sure about Wanda though, since depending on the point in time either Wanda or Sue could be considered more powerful/useful - unless this is ridiculous HOM Wanda. Early on Wanda was arguably more useless even than early Sue. You have it right though that Reed and Sue's relationship is crucial to the team's strength.

What you say about Strange I think is dead on. Also I think that Strange wouldn't even have the long term commitment to keep the team going. It might have ended up evolving into something like the Defenders or simply broken up.

Yeah, Mags is an upgrade - adding power, inc. another force field, and scientific expertise.

Thing, Colossus - don't know. Thing has the heart and relationship that adds to the team dynamic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.