Magneto vs Power Girl

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

May have been done already, but I couldnt find it on the search

1. shields up at the get go

2. no shields at the start

Uriel005
1) In a fight in new york city... Hmmm this is actually pretty tough but I give the edge to Magneto.
2) Assuming that PG is willing to kill him. Heatvision to the face ftw 10/10 No heatvision blitz will still take him 9/10 unless his first action is speed of thought shields up.

Bentley
PG dominates.

Originally posted by Uriel005
1) In a fight in new york city... Hmmm this is actually pretty tough but I give the edge to Magneto.
2) Assuming that PG is willing to kill him. Heatvision to the face ftw 10/10 No heatvision blitz will still take him 9/10 unless his first action is speed of thought shields up. raising his shields should be the first thing he does, but of course, she can still get to him before he does it if she blitzes immediately as her reactions are shorter. how often she would do this is the question

Digglerx
Lets see here a character that's been able to one shot Superman

vs

A mid tier villain who can barely block a nuke and has trouble with omerta and northstar.

Gee who should i pick roll eyes (sarcastic)

Originally posted by Digglerx

vs

A mid tier villain who can barely block a nuke and has trouble with omerta and northstar.

Gee who should i pick roll eyes (sarcastic) oh it's the retard again, post scans of magneto "barely" blocking nukes and lol at the PG oneshotting SM reference

Q99
I do go PG, she's got a lot of power and magnetism isn't all that great against Kryptonians.

When was that?

Digglerx
Originally posted by Q99
I do go PG, she's got a lot of power and magnetism isn't all that great against Kryptonians.

When was that? it was when superman and black adam were both mind controlled by ultra umanite, she one shotted supes and choked out adam. on top of that shes stronger then supergirl is physically

Digglerx
Originally posted by 753
oh it's the retard again, post scans of magneto "barely" blocking nukes and lol at the PG oneshotting SM reference the only retards are the ones who think magneto is any more then a mid tier xmen villain. the retards are the ones that think that he's herald level which is laughable.

i cant post scans here or links yet.

She one shotted SUperman when him and Adam were under MC
Magneto was barely able to block a nuke in the 90's xmen series

xmen v2 113 magneto fights Omerta Northstar and Wolverine, he can't damage Omerta because he's too durable for his powers to work, and he ends up getting a claw in the gut

magneto is a joke

JakeTheBank
Magneto does have consistent herald (not high herald, obviously, but definitely at least low herald) feats which are greater than him barely blocking a nuke in the 90s.

He has low showings, but he also has higher end (much higher) ones, too.

As far as the thread goes, with his shields on, depending on the environment, Magneto could get a majority possibly.

Without his shields on automatically, if Karen speedblitzes him from the very start - which is definitely likely given her personality and character - Mags would be in trouble.

Digglerx
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Magneto does have consistent herald (not high herald, obviously, but definitely at least low herald) feats which are greater than him barely blocking a nuke in the 90s.

He has low showings, but he also has higher end (much higher) ones, too.

As far as the thread goes, with his shields on, depending on the environment, Magneto could get a majority possibly.

Without his shields on automatically, if Karen speedblitzes him from the very start - which is definitely likely given her personality and character - Mags would be in trouble. Name a single instance that he blocked something greater then a nuke. Let alone someone who can bust a planet with her fist.

Digglerx
And if you say that he blocked Galactus then I'm going to ROFL because there were circumstances there.

Mindset
He blocked Galactus's blast.

JakeTheBank
Name a single instance that he blocked something greater then a nuke. Let alone someone who can bust a planet with her fist.

When has she busted a planet with her fist? Or has even been alluded to being able to do so outside of "she's a Kryptonian"?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Mindset

ROFL, there were circumstances there, Mindset!

BlackZero30x
Magneto is pretty tough and his sheilds can make him pretty durable but not to a kryptonian level.

Rage.Of.Olympus
laughing out loud @ some of the responses. Magnus gets a new winch.

If he's not old or depowered, I'd could see Magnus getting the majority over even Clark due to his vast energy manipulation abilities. I'm really not sure where this notion that Magnus can't somehow operate on Power Girl's level comes from looking at some of the feats he has performed. He's the one with the power edge here.

Digglerx
Right, because ever since he gained his powers back he basically had two feats, ending up in a coma for pulling Kitty from space and destroying a bunch of Nimrods.

Unless someone can show a scan of Magneto blocking something greater then a nuke, then he's going to die horribly here.

Mindset
Right, because ever since he gained his powers back he basically had two feats, ending up in a coma for pulling Kitty from space and destroying a bunch of Nimrods.

Unless someone can show a scan of Magneto blocking something greater then a nuke, then he's going to die horribly here. Originally posted by Mindset

JakeTheBank

Unless someone can show a scan of Magneto blocking something greater then a nuke, then he's going to die horribly here.

Blocking a nuke =/= being able to block PG's physical assault.

Besides the fact that Magneto has blocked nukes before without trouble, I don't really get why you think if he does have trouble blocking a nuke he'd be royally screwed against PG. Off the top of my head, PG's fists don't equal the force of nuclear explosions, and I can't recall a single instance of her dealing that much damage or being alluded to doing so. Furthermore, in character, she's definitely not going to hit him with that much force.

His shields have stopped blows from Thor w/Mjolnir and She-Hulk at once, which I'd say exceeds the physical output of what PG can dish out on her own.

Digglerx
Blocking a nuke =/= being able to block PG's physical assault.

Besides the fact that Magneto has blocked nukes before without trouble, I don't really get why you think if he does have trouble blocking a nuke he'd be royally screwed against PG. Off the top of my head, PG's fists don't equal the force of nuclear explosions, and I can't recall a single instance of her dealing that much damage or being alluded to doing so. Furthermore, in character, she's definitely not going to hit him with that much force.

His shields have stopped blows from Thor w/Mjolnir and She-Hulk at once, which I'd say exceeds the physical output of what PG can dish out on her own. right, because the person that can one shot Superman and Supergirl doesn't have power to = a nuke.

I'm just curious but were you fed lead flavored baby forumla when you were young?

Also name a single issue where he casually blocked an nuke. And it wouldnt matter because even if he could block 100 nukes hed still get one shotted by powergirl

Digglerx
its amazing how much magneto gets his dick sucked on these forums

Mindset
its amazing how much magneto gets his dick sucked on these forums Because he blocked Galactus' blast, brah.

Digglerx
i guess galactus' blast must of been equal to a nuke, because so far thats the highest feat he has.

Mindset
i guess galactus' blast must of been equal to a nuke, because so far thats the highest feat he has. His blast > nuke

Brah.

JakeTheBank
right, because the person that can one shot Superman and Supergirl doesn't have power to = a nuke.

I'm just curious but were you fed lead flavored baby forumla when you were young?

Also name a single issue where he casually blocked an nuke. And it wouldnt matter because even if he could block 100 nukes hed still get one shotted by powergirl

Considering Superman and Supergirl have both been laid out by less than a nuke and have endured far greater than a nuke, I'd say it's folly to try and use that single instance of PG swatting Superman away as the means to say "Power Girl's power output exceeds the force of nuclear explosions". Even if it's true, that's horrible logic as such a thing is baseless and doesn't even make sense.

My diet was tiger blood and Adonis DNA.

Prove that Power Girl's fists = the offensive output of a nuke and prove she'd unload that kind of power on someone in character knowing next to nothing about them.

Also, physical force =/= nuclear force/yield.

Digglerx
Considering Superman and Supergirl have both been laid out by less than a nuke and have endured far greater than a nuke, I'd say it's folly to try and use that single instance of PG swatting Superman away as the means to say "Power Girl's power output exceeds the force of nuclear explosions". Even if it's true, that's horrible logic as such a thing is baseless and doesn't even make sense.

My diet was tiger blood and Adonis DNA.

Prove that Power Girl's fists = the offensive output of a nuke and prove she'd unload that kind of power on someone in character knowing next to nothing about them.

Also, physical force =/= nuclear force/yield. the only time that superman might of actually gotten laid out by a nuke was bynres first 20 issues of supermans volume, that's irrelevant because that was over 20 years ago and power girl one shotted him in the current JSA Volume along with Black Adam. So your argument fails there

Powergirl one shotted a guy that can take a planetary explosions and survive being smashed between two planets. her fist >>>a nuke.

magneto = mid tier level character at the very best.

Digglerx
maybe next time your argue without magnetos wrinkly dick in your mouth

Mindset
maybe next time your argue without magnetos wrinkly dick in your mouth Why, you arguing with mine in yours?

JakeTheBank
PG "one-shotting" Superman:

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/PG-oneshots-Superman.jpg

Mighty impressive to be able to stagger Superman, despite being outclassed physically by him, a feat that many characters can do.

Or maybe this was the "one-shot" in question.

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/PG-oneshots-Superman2.jpg

Mighty impressive putting him down after he experiences the backlash of Humanite's 5-D energy and mind control leaving his body.

Both of which display nothing even remotely close to "nuke level" power from Karen.

Or did you mean something else?

Digglerx
You do realize that those are 2 different instances right? That's what happens when you get random scans off the interwebz without reading the issue

JakeTheBank
You do realize that those are 2 different instances right? That's what happens when you get random scans off the interwebz without reading the issue

It's from the same issue, #35 of the previous JSA. Which I own along with all the issues of this and the previous JSA.

Mindset
Stop slobbing on my schlong and read his post again.

the only retards are the ones who think magneto is any more then a mid tier xmen villain. the retards are the ones that think that he's herald level which is laughable.

i cant post scans here or links yet.

She one shotted SUperman when him and Adam were under MC
Magneto was barely able to block a nuke in the 90's xmen series

xmen v2 113 magneto fights Omerta Northstar and Wolverine, he can't damage Omerta because he's too durable for his powers to work, and he ends up getting a claw in the gut

magneto is a joke you mean this dont you? http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/3559/magtakespain1fh.jpg

did you actually read that comic? he was already severely weakened and exhausted at that point, and he was multitasking a planetary energy manipulation feat at the same time. he completely negated the effects of those explosions and went on to channel energy on a planetary scale.

this feats shows how his shields deal with a nuke without such circumstances, he doesnt even flinch

http://img484.imageshack.us/img484/3455/magtakesamegatonbomb9cn.jpg

bottomline is that no nuke (or anything else) has ever broken through the shields and I would bet nuclear weapons would draw blood from power girl.

unus had a a force field that isolated him from magneto's powers when mags tried to rip the iron from his blood, so what? how is that a low showing? mags threw him off the planet in a split second and outreacted northstar in the same comic. wolverine stabbed him while chuck was mindraping him - which is very rare given his tp defenses.

Digglerx
And I was referring to the first scan where she did technically one shot him, she tackled him to ground next and KO'd him. YOu'd know that if you actually read the comic. But it's ok, most of the people on these forums don't even read actual comics.

JakeTheBank
And I was referring to the first scan where she did technically one shot him, she tackled him to ground next and KO'd him. YOu'd know that if you actually read the comic. But it's ok, most of the people on these forums don't even read actual comics.

Yeah, uh huh.

He wasn't KOd.

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/SupermanKOED.jpg

It literally takes place three pages after the first scan.

Digglerx
Originally posted by 753
you mean this dont you?

did you actually read that comic? he was already severely weakened and exhausted at that point, and he was multitasking a planetary energy manipulation feat at the same time. he completely negated the effects of those explosions and went on to channel energy on a planetary scale.

this feats shows how his shields deal with a nuke without such circumstances, he doesnt even flinch

bottomline is that no nuke (or anything else) has ever broken through the shields and I would bet nuclear weapons would draw blood from power girl.

unus had a a force field that isolated him from magneto's powers when mags tried to rip the iron from his blood, so what? how is that a low showing? mags threw him off the planet in a split second and outreacted northstar in the same comic. wolverine stabbed him while chuck was mindraping him - which is very rare given his tp defenses. Next time you post, try to put things in context son

Scan 1, Magneto is actually being AMPED by the device he's using. So he actually struggles to block a nuke while he's amped

Scan 2. Those aren't nukes, those are just missiles that were fired that dont have anywhere near the power output that a nuke has.

I wasn't talking about Unus dip shit, I was talking about Omerta who Magneto couldn't damage because he was too durable for his powers to work on him.

JakeTheBank
Next time you post, try to put things in context son

Irony.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Pulling a moon size planet destroying bullet moving at trans light speed -made of a foreign metallic/magical substance by the way- while fending off telepathic and physical intrusions despite being weakened is hardly a low end feat. It's actually pretty impressive imo. I doubt Power Girl has the power levels to pull something like that off.

There's also his impressive energy manipulation showing against Proteus recently.

Magneto has pretty easily contained a Nuclear Weapon with his shields I believe and has withstood them on more than one occasion as far as I know. IIRC, he was able to withstand an impressive amount of energy despite containing two Nuclear Weapons and being weakened at one point.

right, because the person that can one shot Superman and Supergirl doesn't have power to = a nuke.

Also name a single issue where he casually blocked an nuke. And it wouldnt matter because even if he could block 100 nukes hed still get one shotted by powergirl she cant onsehot superman, he has blocked nukes with ease -see the scan in this page- and the blows that have hurt and koed kryptonians arent even close to nukes on average, despite them surviving much more than nukes wihtout being koed or harmed on other occasions. comics are simply inconsistant that way, but you insist on using double standards when arguing about magneto, leaving out context and using only the highest feats of kryptonians, caliming it takes more than planet crushing power to put them down adn that their average punches that dont even cause shockwaves are equal to nukes.

Next time you post, try to put things in context son

Scan 1, Magneto is actually being AMPED by the device he's using. So he actually struggles to block a nuke while he's amped

Scan 2. Those aren't nukes, those are just missiles that were fired that dont have anywhere near the power output that a nuke has.

I wasn't talking about Unus dip shit, I was talking about Omerta who Magneto couldn't damage because he was too durable for his powers to work on him. omerta was uniscione's codemoname you stupid ****.

he was weakened on that scan and was still performing planetary scale energy manipulation regardless of using the machine to help him focus his powers, which is why he struggled with the nukes, and yes they were nukes, read the comic you moron. you also completely ignored the other scan in which he doesnt flinch while tanking a nuke.

post the scan or the link to the other event you are bullshiting about.

Unless someone can show a scan of Magneto blocking something greater then a nuke, then he's going to die horribly here. that bullet feat is better than anything pg has in her career, shithead

Lord Feron
Irony.

yep, where do the trolls get the time and energy!!

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by 753
omerta was uniscione's codemoname you stupid ****.

He means this guy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paulie_Provenzano_%28comics%29

Originally posted by ExodusCloak
He means this guy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paulie_Provenzano_%28comics%29 got the last names mixed up, thats the one I was talking about, the one mags shot outside the planet after iron rip failed.

leonidas
His shields have stopped blows from Thor w/Mjolnir and She-Hulk at once, which I'd say exceeds the physical output of what PG can dish out on her own.

they did? i had no idea...... shifty

in truth, it would be very interesting to see how it would work if someone of pg's strength just kept pounding and pounding on his shield at superspeed. he's been quoted as saying no physical force could penetrate his shields, but it would be interesting to see that limit tested. with shields up, i could see him earning a split. her durability to quite high so it wouldn't be easy for him. wonder if kryptonians have iron in their blood....

Naija boy
Magneto

Eon Blue
Erik

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by leonidas
they did? i had no idea...... shifty

... >___>

idiotkiller
Originally posted by 753
omerta was uniscione's codemoname you stupid ****.

he was weakened on that scan and was still performing planetary scale energy manipulation regardless of using the machine to help him focus his powers, which is why he struggled with the nukes, and yes they were nukes, read the comic you moron. you also completely ignored the other scan in which he doesnt flinch while tanking a nuke.

post the scan or the link to the other event you are bullshiting about. I got the names mixed up, Paulie was the character that Mags was unable to harm because he was too durable.

That means that anyone more durable then Paulie, Mags can't hurt them, Power Girl included

No they weren't nukes, not once were the words nukes even mentioned. Liar

Magneto was also amped by the device he was using to perform planetary feats

You fail again moron, go suck Magnetos wrinly cock somewhere else

idiotkiller
Irony. Right, and it only took him 30 ****ing hours to do so and that was with extreme concentration. Not to mention the entire thing was made of metal and it was easier for him to lock on to it and pull it from space.

That doesn't make him a high tier character, that just means he needs 30 hours of concentration to perform a high level feat.

You fail.

idiotkiller
Originally posted by 753
got the last names mixed up, thats the one I was talking about, the one mags shot outside the planet after iron rip failed. yeah, he doesn't have a shield to block other characters powers you moron, he's just a really durable character that mags could do nothing to

idiotkiller
Originally posted by 753
that bullet feat is better than anything pg has in her career, shithead right, the same bullet feat that him 30 ****ing hours to do. vs someone who can beat the crap out of characters like black adam, superman and supergirl

face it son, i know u want to suck mags wrinkly dick but hes a mid tier character who can't hurt durable characters and can' barely block a nuke...while amped...

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by idiotkiller
Right, and it only took him 30 ****ing hours to do so and that was with extreme concentration. Not to mention the entire thing was made of metal and it was easier for him to lock on to it and pull it from space.

That doesn't make him a high tier character, that just means he needs 30 hours of concentration to perform a high level feat.

You fail.

Choosing to ignore the blatant mis-intepretation of "PG one-shotting Superman", eh? Here's a quick reminder of said fight:

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/PG-oneshots-Superman.jpg

The dreaded one shot ^

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/SupermanKOED.jpg

...that wasn't really a one shot.

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/PG-oneshots-Superman2.jpg

And PG under her own power, no 5-D backlash at all or any other context required, beating Superman

So, tell me, where in any of those scans does PG use physical force equal to or greater than a nuclear explosion? Because if she did, all the human and meta level beings there would be dead.

jakeisretarded
jake the retard, power girls punches aren't nuclear warheads so they dont kill everyone. her punches dont cause the same radius of destruction. what they do though is pack more power in a concetrated area. which means her punches will crack fagnetos shields like an a egg and she will then kill him

once again, please kill yourself

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by jakeisretarded
jake the retard, power girls punches aren't nuclear warheads so they dont kill everyone. her punches dont cause the same radius of destruction. what they do though is pack more power in a concetrated area. which means her punches will crack fagnetos shields like an a egg and she will then kill him

once again, please kill yourself

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/8553/magfiresstonesshield7jj.jpg

Thor and She-Hulk's blows didn't. And Thor has on panel proof of his blows being able to rock entire planets, and when hit with another object like Mjolnir, being felt across all planes of reality or closing dimensional rifts or causing - yes, you guessed it! - nuclear like explosions. And Mag's shields stopped him.

So...I win?

SasuOna
I don't know why people hype up Magneto's shield's anyway without his shields in X-men Legacy 250 he got KO'D by Gambits cards.
Clearly people still write him like hes herald level

JakeTheBank
I don't know why people lowball or dimiss his shields. Case in point, Magneto's shields have blocked or endured a lot. It's not hyping him up if people point out and cite specific examples of what they've tanked or endured; it's acknowledging what they've done in comics. shrug

Q99
Yea, they're strong, but at the same time they can be taken down.

Sure, he took Thor and She-Hulk's blows there. But does anyone have any doubt that if the keep pounding, it'll go down?

JakeTheBank
Of course his shield have limits. But trying to lowball them by claiming "he barely stops nukes" and in the same breath comparing PGs fists to nukes in terms of destructive power while twisting her fights to say she "knocked out Superman and Black Adam" is disingenuous at best and downright ridiculous at worst.

This thread's been practically derailed by a single posters attempt to paint Magneto as "weak" and ignoring his wealth of feats while simultaneously focusing on low end feats and ignoring context in general.

zeel
amazing people on hear think PG can take on magneto but the same people think black adam cant take mag's himself.

incredible.

ColossusGrundy
So, Magneto's a man.........and Power Girl still has her cleavage window on her costume.

1 point Power girl.

Power Girl has pretty much one-shotted Supes and could handily take out Supergirl.
Colossus made mush of Magneto.

2 points Power girl.

Magneto is old........he may need a nap.

3 points Power girl.

PG FTW.

Q99
Originally posted by zeel
amazing people on hear think PG can take on magneto but the same people think black adam cant take mag's himself.

incredible.

People think both those things?

I give Teth the win too.

leonidas
not sure who thinks he can beat adam and NOT pg..... that's just.... odd.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by zeel

incredible.

Really?

A pissed off Adam would make Magneto piss his pants and probably explode his prostate.

KMCisforidiots

cdtm
Originally posted by 753
May have been done already, but I couldnt find it on the search

1. shields up at the get go

2. no shields at the start

With shields up, it depends on whether Mags can maintain them under an assault of super speed punches.

I know he could easily take class 100 brick attacks, even from multiple characters, but he's never taken an all out blitz from a speedster. You'd think that would strain him somewhat..

Philosophía
Magneto.

Mindset

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Really?

A pissed off Adam would make Magneto piss his pants and probably explode his prostate.

thumb up

StiltmanFTW

And the Proteus feat, but who cares about that, eh?

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by cdtm
With shields up, it depends on whether Mags can maintain them under an assault of super speed punches.

I know he could easily take class 100 brick attacks, even from multiple characters, but he's never taken an all out blitz from a speedster. You'd think that would strain him somewhat.. There's probably as little evidence that Magneto could withstand one that fast and strong as there is that Power Girl would use one that fast and strong.

How fast and how strong, you may ask?

Who cares. Not important.

It never is when the "speedblitz" argument is presented.

This is probably a split 5/10.

cdtm
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
There's probably as little evidence that Magneto could withstand one that fast and strong as there is that Power Girl would use one that fast and strong.

H

What do you mean? Are you saying Power Girl herself lacks the feats, or that there's some weakness in claiming any super speedster brick can blitz?

Asking for specific feats is a legitimate argument, but logically any brick speedster should have the same capabilities as pure speedsters, and we've seen the Flashes and Quicksilvers have no problem landing full force punches at their speed levels..

OneDumbG0
^ I'm saying that your apaprent disbelief that Magneto could withstand a Power Girl speedblitz is curiously (yet unsurprisingly) disconnected from what a Power Girl speedblitz would entail in the first place.

I might as well bemoan how unlikely it is that Power Girl could withstand a blitz of energy blasts by Magneto. What exactly do I mean by a "blitz of energy blasts"?

What? You doubt that Magneto could attack Power Girl with a blitz of powerful energy blasts?

cdtm
^ I'm saying that your apaprent disbelief that Magneto could withstand a Power Girl speedblitz is curiously (yet unsurprisingly) disconnected from what a Power Girl speedblitz would entail in the first place.

I might as well bemoan how unlikely it is that Power Girl could withstand a blitz of energy blasts by Magneto.

Not following your logic.

A speedblitz generally entails attacking an opponent at some fraction of super speed.

If Mags has a history of taking out characters in PG's class or above with a "blitz" of energy attacks, that's a perfectly valid argument, but also an apples to oranges comparison to a speedblitz.

So yeah, don't see your point, or how one invalidates the other.

OneDumbG0
Not following your logic.

A speedblitz generally entails attacking an opponent at some fraction of super speed.

If Mags has a history of taking out characters in PG's class or above with a "blitz" of energy attacks, that's a perfectly valid argument, but also an apples to oranges comparison to a speedblitz.

So yeah, don't see your point. That it mirrors your logic is the illustration I'm making.

That you don't need to prove that Power Girl has a history of taking out characters in Magneto's class with a speedblitz -- because somehow... when it comes to speedblitzing, no proof or substantiation is required like it is with other attack methods -- is what I'm poking at.

Call it apples and oranges. I'm calling it presumptuous at best, hypocritical at worst.

cdtm
Did I say PG would break the shields unequivocally? I'm questioning whether Mags would have more difficulty maintaining his shields under a speed blitz, yes, but that's simple logic.. One class 100 punch in a second vs 1,000 punches in a second should be much more difficult to withstand, unless Mags shields somehow negate kinetic energy.

This match comes down to this:

1. Can Mags take out Power Girl?

2. Can Power Girl breach Magneto's shields?

If 1 and 2 are negative, it becomes a contest of Magneto turtling, and Power Girl pounding on his shield. Basically, a contest of endurance.

I don't think it's hypocritical at all, to assume it's a strain on Mags to maintain his shield against normal class 100 attacks, much less a class 100 brick throwing attacks at super speed.]

Take the "speed blitz" out of the equation, and it still comes down to who drops first.

cdtm
Has Mags ever tried making a shield in someones body, like Sue Richards does?

Seems like this is something he should be capable of, given that he manipulates EM energy, and people possess EM fields..

OneDumbG0
Did I say PG would break the shields unequivocally? I'm questioning whether Mags would have more difficulty maintaining his shields under a speed blitz, yes, but that's simple logic.. One class 100 punch in a second vs 1,000 punches in a second should be much more difficult to withstand, unless Mags shields somehow negate kinetic energy. What you call simple logic is what I call a gap in logic. And I hope you noticed that you've just moved the goalposts by replacing "all out speeblitz" with "1000 punches in a second."

Or you figured out that vague and loaded terminology, i.e., "all out speedblitz," does little to advance a discussion and quantifying what you're actually talking about helps. That it took this long to get just this far, when you were trying to force a discussion two, three steps down the road serves again to illustrate my problem.

Taking for granted that we are where we are currently, I still see disconnect in your casual presumption that Power Girl would throw 1,000 punches in a second. You've quantified your claim, when did you substantiate your claim?

Magneto throws 100 potent mid-herald blasts at Power Girl. Prove she can tank that. If she can, she wins. If she can't, it's simple. She loses. BTW, i isn't hypocritical at all, to assume it's something of a strain on Power Girl to withstand a single potent blast from a mid-herald, much less 100 of them from a mid-herald character like Magneto and his proven power.

Also btw, since I never claimed unequivocally that Power Girl would get taken down by this, don't ask me how I came up with that quantification.

cdtm
What you call simple logic is what I call a gap in logic. And I hope you noticed that you've just moved the goalposts by replacing "all out speeblitz" with "1000 punches in a second."

Huh? That was by way of example, not a statement of how many punches PG could throw.

The number is beside the point. The point, is that defending under class 100 level punches at super speed should be more of a strain on Magneto then defending against a single class 100 level punch.

Also, if he's defending against an assault of punches, how much of Mags focus can he spare for this "blitz of energy" you mention?

And, who has he taken out with such a blitz? Thor? Gladiator? Hulk?

OneDumbG0
Huh? That was by way of example, not a statement of how many punches PG could throw.

The number is beside the point. The point, is that defending under class 100 level punches at super speed should be more of a strain on Magneto then defending against a single class 100 level punch.

Also, if he's defending against an assault of punches, how much of Mags focus can he spare for this "blitz of energy" you mention? Quantifying and defining what you're talking about so that I know what type of Magneto feats I should be reaching for is completely besides the point? Much less substantiating what you're talking about in the first place?

And by substantiation, I mean if Power Girl's never thrown 1,000 class 100 punches in a second breaching shields on the level of Magneto's, what the hell is the point of this discussion in the first place? Originally posted by cdtm
And, who has he taken out with such a blitz? Thor? Gladiator? Hulk? And, whose shields has Power Girl taken out with such a speedblitz? Hal Jordan's? Dr. Light's? Braniac 5's?

Because somehow, by equivocating this entire time, you've somehow proven that Power Girl utilizes these (unquantified) speedblitzes already. Somehow, by not quantifying and not proving what Power Girl's speedblitz is, the shoe's on my foot.

cdtm
Quantifying and defining what you're talking about so that I know what type of Magneto feats I should be reaching for is completely besides the point? Much less substantiating what you're talking about in the first place?

And by substantiation, I mean if Power Girl's never thrown 1,000 class 100 punches in a second breaching shields on the level of Magneto's, what the hell is the point of this discussion in the first place? And, whose shields has Power Girl taken out with such a speedblitz? Hal Jordan's? Dr. Light's? Braniac 5's?

Because somehow, by equivocating this entire time, you've somehow proven that Power Girl utilizes these speedblitzes already.

So you're arguing PG can't perform a speedblitz? Against evidence to the contrary? (Like Wonder Woman claiming Power Girls at least as fast as she is, with feats to prove it). Aren't you the same guy who keeps arguing for Thor being a speedster?

Fine, then she keeps wailing at Magneto with "normal" speed punches, until Mags tires.

Unless you have some kind of evidence that Magneto can down someone her level, while maintaining his shields against her assault.

OneDumbG0
So you're arguing PG can't perform a speedblitz? Against evidence to the contrary? (Like Wonder Woman claiming Power Girls at least as fast as she is, with feats to prove it). Aren't you the same guy who keeps arguing for Thor being a speedster? I'm asking that you show me how fast and strong a Power Girl speedblitz is. Because you're the one that wants to discuss the speedblitz. Thor beats the phuck out of non-Flash speedsters, he isn't a speedster.

Of course, somehow, you quantifying much less substantiating what it is you're actually talking about is an unreasonable request. I get it. You keep your claims vague, use a loaded term, but still ham-fistedly require that I give you specific answers (and proof) to rebut these presumptions that you forced onto the discussion. Originally posted by cdtm
Fine, then she keeps wailing at Magneto with "normal" speed punches, until Mags tires.

Unless you have some kind of evidence that Magneto can down someone her level, while maintaining his shields against her assault. Fine, then Magneto uses a forcefield that withstands Power Girl's "normal" speed punches and doesn't tire him out.

Unless you have some kind of evidence that Power Girl can down someone his level, while maintaining consciousness against his assault.

Also, somehow, I'm going to avoid actually showing Magneto performing such a forcefield feat by deflecting for about three or four more posts. Eventually, you won't even remember that I avoided proving it in the first place. After all, proving he does stuff like that is "completely besides the point." Don't you get it, yet?

Sr J-Bieb
Magneto speedblitzes her

cdtm
I'm asking that you show me how fast and strong a Power Girl speedblitz is.

So you hyper-analyze Power Girls speedblitz potential...

...while having a much laxer standard on Thor's speed. And I'm the hypocrite. roll eyes (sarcastic)

"Speed blitz" is a loaded term, now? roll eyes (sarcastic)

So, are you asking me to "prove" Magneto can tire? To prove that he can't maintain his shield indefinitely? To prove that a class 100 punching on his shield will require no effort on his part?

Is that your argument?

And that, somehow failing to prove this, you don't need to "prove" that Magneto can knock out PG, since he's the one at her mercy if he can't do so?

Sure, whatever.

cdtm
Screw ODG, he's pretty obviously arguing in bad faith..

Anyways, I figured out for myself how Mags could win: Solar energy rip.

Triumph has the ability to control the EM spectrum, and could have killed Superman by ripping the solar energy out of his system. Even maintaining a shield against a speed blitz, it shouldn't take that much effort on Mags part to do this..

So yeah, Magneto wins this.

OneDumbG0
So you hyper-analyze Power Girls speedblitz potential...Asking how fast and how strong Power Girl's all out speedblitz is hyper-analyzing? You haven't even shown me sh1t yet. What exactly is there even to analyze other than the half-dozen deflections that have ensued? Originally posted by cdtm
...while having a much laxer standard on Thor's speed. And I'm the hypocrite. roll eyes (sarcastic) Should I hyper-analyze this deflection? Or should I hyper-analyze my statement that Thor isn't a speedster but he deals with them? Originally posted by cdtm
"Speed blitz" is a loaded term, now? roll eyes (sarcastic) The phuck you think? Apparently, it's so blatantly obvious what that term entails, that you don't even have to quantify it or refer to a single instance of it being done by Power Girl. Some vague reference to Wonder Woman suffices and all of a sudden, not only should I take for granted how fast and strong it is (and how often she'd do it in a fight), I must now be forced to prove a defense against it. Awesome!

You say "speedblitz," all that happens without you doing sh1t while being completely vague. But... not a loaded term at all! Originally posted by cdtm
So, are you asking me to "prove" Magneto can tire? To prove that he can't maintain his shield indefinitely? To prove that a class 100 punching on his shield will require no effort on his part?

Is that your argument?

And that, somehow failing to prove this, you don't need to "prove" that Magneto can knock out PG?

Sure, whatever. Nope.

Just showing you that shoving my hands in my pocket and demanding you come up with a counter to some unquantified, much less unsupported feat by Magneto isn't an honest query.

But whatever: Magneto has Power Girl+ forcefields and is capable of a Power Girl+ energy blast blitz. (Never mind that I haven't shown sh1t to quantify, much less substantiate that.) Your move.

marwash22

Triumph has the ability to control the EM spectrum, and could have killed Superman by ripping the solar energy out of his system. Even maintaining a shield against a speed blitz, it shouldn't take that much effort on Mags part to do this..

So yeah, Magneto wins this. has Mags ever done anything close to that?

cdtm

Just showing you that shoving my hands in my pocket and demanding you come up with a counter to some unquantified, much less unsupported feat by Magneto isn't an honest query.

So basically, you're trolling.

Ok.

OneDumbG0
^ Specious arguments and backhanded deflections float your boat, but you're upset when they sink it too.

Shocking.

cdtm
Apparently, it's so blatantly obvious what that term entails, that you don't even have to quantify it or refer to a single instance of it being done by Power Girl. Some vague reference to Wonder Woman suffices and all of a sudden, not only should I take for granted how fast and strong it is (and how often she'd do it in a fight), I must now be forced to prove a defense against it. Awesome!

Does your issue with "speed blitz" arguments extend to meta levelers? Say, whenever someone argues that Cassandra Cain, being a bullet dodger, can outright blitz Batman, despite never really blitzing someone in comic, would you argue against it?

OneDumbG0
Does your issue with "speed blitz" arguments extend to meta levelers? Say, whenever someone argues that Cassandra Cain, being a bullet dodger, can outright blitz Captain America, despite never really blitzing someone in comic, would you argue against it? I'd probably come into that thread pointing out to that poster that since he believes Cass bullet dodging = speedblitzing, then by that logic Cap can speedblitz Cassandra since he's dodged bullets too. Then I'd ask that poster if he'd have a problem with that and, of course, he would.

I'd suggest that's hypocritical and then that poster would probably deflect for about 10 posts about how he isn't being hypocritical. Then the discussion would become so tedious that Sr J-Bieb would come in and post that the bullets would speedblitz Cap and Cassandra.

Sr J-Bieb
Then the discussion would become so tedious that Sr J-Bieb would come in and post that the bullets would speedblitz Cap and Cassandra. That's where you're wrong, Cap would blitz Cass and the bullets simultaneously.

Also, again lol at Powergirl blitzing Magneto

BattleMage
PG 8-9/10

Mindset
lol

SasuOna
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb

Also, again lol at Powergirl blitzing Magneto

Magneto doesn't have FTL reactions and I'm almost certain he has like one genuine lightspeed reaction feat which was later invalidated in the same storyline.

hes going to get his head punched off before he can react its not that hard

carver9
Can someone please show me Power Girl combating or blitzing at light speeds or even close to it?

cdtm
Originally posted by carver9
Can someone please show me Power Girl combating or blitzing at light speeds or even close to it?

Is this a Herochat logic vs CBR logic kind of thing?

CBR goes "Do they have super speed? Then they can blitz. Doesn't matter if they never have." (See Val Armorr, or any Kryptonian or Daxamite that has "racial" super speed.)

Herochat logic goes more like "Examples of them blitzing? What, that's ALL you have? One instance in 50 years of history means they'll win 1/10, max". (See basically every mainstream hero with super speed, ever.)

Personally, I thought KMC rules favored the CBR style more, with an emphasis on CIS and PIS being off by default. The "In character" thing I interpret more as whether they kill or not...

Mindset
ODG won.

Magneto wins.

Some things you just have to accept.

cdtm
Hrm, rechecked the rules, and CIS is actually on by default.

But by the description, that's more in line with stupidity or self imposed limits, e.g. Superman won't hit with killing force, which lack of super speed could be interpreted more of a PIS thing (Keep the plot going.)

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by SasuOna
Magneto doesn't have FTL reactions and I'm almost certain he has like one genuine lightspeed reaction feat which was later invalidated in the same storyline.

hes going to get his head punched off before he can react its not that hard What him grabbing Gaystar? He's also reacted to Quicksilver, Wonder Man, Thor's hammer, etc.

While Power Girl did... uh dunno...

Anyone who thinks Power Girl blitzes Magneto is either gay, or super gay.

cdtm
Originally posted by Mindset
ODG won.

Magneto wins.

Some things you just have to accept.

Make 7up yours!

...and I'm actually not a fan of the speedblitz arguments myself.. Kind of ruins awesome matches like Lady Shiva vs Daredevil, depending on the forum...

Mindset
What him grabbing Gaystar? He's also reacted to Quicksilver, Wonder Man, Thor's hammer, etc.

While Power Girl did... uh dunno...

Anyone who thinks Power Girl blitzes Magneto is either gay, or super gay. Pretty much.

Maybe even mega gay.

cdtm
What him grabbing Gaystar? He's also reacted to Quicksilver, Wonder Man, Thor's hammer, etc.

EVERY speedster gets written down to match unproven speedster foes, though.

Superman and Grundy, Doomsday, Lobo.

Spiderman to Daredevil, Shang Chi, Daredevil, Kingpin, Daredevil.

For extreme cases, Flash to Slade.

To be fair, I used an argument that Power Girl has matched Wonder Woman, but the difference is PG didn't merely match WW, she did so in a context that explicitly took super speed into account, and even offensively used super speed against WW.

Plus, PG is Kryptonian. Is it really up for debate that ALL Kryptonians, even the mooks from New Krypton with zero feats, aren't speedsters by default, with the debatable part being how fast they stand next to top tier Kryptonians and such? (In the same way all Cheeta's are fast, but some are faster then the average, and some are slower then the average?)

Sr J-Bieb
Make 7up yours!

...and I'm actually not a fan of the speedblitz arguments myself.. Kind of ruins awesome matches like Lady Shiva vs Daredevil, depending on the forum... Yet you're trying to say that a character you've never seen blitz can blitz someone who has great reactions...

Color me dubious

cdtm
Yet you're trying to say that a character you've never seen blitz can blitz someone who has great reactions...

Color me dubious

Is the fact of her speed what we're debating, or whether she can "blitz" with it?

I can prove she has super speed. I can even prove she's outpaced another speedster. Proving an all out blitz is another story.

But, if all she did her entire career is, say, catch bullets, in a forum fight, why wouldn't she use that speed for hitting? How someone fights in comics is different then how they fight in the arena, without writers holding them back, isn't it?

Provided they prove they "have" the speed, even if they never used it in a certain way?

Mindset
What sort of gay are you?

Sr J-Bieb
EVERY speedster gets written down to match unproven speedster foes, though.

Superman and Grundy, Doomsday, Lobo.

Spiderman to Daredevil, Shang Chi, Daredevil, Kingpin, Daredevil.

For extreme cases, Flash to Slade.

To be fair, I used an argument that Power Girl has matched Wonder Woman, but the difference is PG didn't merely match WW, she did so in a context that explicitly took super speed into account, and even offensively used super speed against WW.

Plus, PG is Kryptonian. Is it really up for debate that ALL Kryptonians, even the mooks from New Krypton with zero feats, aren't speedsters by default, with the debatable part being how fast they stand next to top tier Kryptonians and such? (In the same way all Cheeta's are fast, but some are faster then the average, and some are slower then the average?) Good point. It's impossible for Magneto to have good reactions following your logic.

Also, Wonder Woman was written down to match an unproven speedster in Power Girl, I agree with you there.

thumb up

cdtm
Good point. It's impossible for Magneto to have good reactions following your logic.

Also, Wonder Woman was written down to match an unproven speedster in Power Girl, I agree with you there.

thumb up

smokin' Yeah, I guess that IS what I proved...

So, what about the "Cheeta" analogy? Does a Kryptonian have an accepted "power set", whose strength is variable in the same way species vary in stats, or do their power sets need to be proven on a case by case basis? (Barring exceptions, like Lor Zod's TK.)

Sr J-Bieb
Is the fact of her speed what we're debating, or whether she can "blitz" with it?

I can prove she has super speed. I can even prove she's outpaced another speedster. Proving an all out blitz is another story.

But, if all she did her entire career is, say, catch bullets, in a forum fight, why wouldn't she use that speed for hitting? How someone fights in comics is different then how they fight in the arena, without writers holding them back, isn't it?

Provided they prove they "have" the speed, even if they never used it in a certain way? Considering you just tried to take away all of Magneto's speed feats, and attribute a blitz to Power Girl, I'd say you made up your mind a long time ago that you planned to be ultra gay in this thread.

And people can prove Magneto can react. Fancy that. Oh wait, people can prove he can react to a blitz... they don't have to say he's going to do something that he never does.

Well first off, catching bullets isn't punching. Second off, CIS is still active which means character induced stupidity, which means they fight how they fight in comics. Writers not holding them back doesn't mean they'll start using new strategies, it means they're not going to hold back.

Well, if they never used the speed in a certain way, then certainly they'll be using it here, amirite?

Sr J-Bieb
smokin' Yeah, I guess that IS what I proved...

So, what about the "Cheeta" analogy? Does a Kryptonian have an accepted "power set", whose strength is variable in the same way species vary in stats, or do their power sets need to be proven on a case by case basis? (Barring exceptions, like Lor Zod's TK.) Yup, Power Girl is unproven speedster, and WW was written down.

I'd say it's more of a mind set (even though Power Girl has no where near Zod, or Superman's speed), like it's in PG's mind that she won't blitz Magneto, and she will lose to him all day.

cdtm

Well first off, catching bullets isn't punching.

Isn't that PIS, not CIS?

This is from the rules:

So, Bizarro not using his super speed = PIS. Bizarro being really tactically stupid = CIS.

Leastways, that's how it sounds to me.

But tossing punches or dodging? Even if they do this stuff at non super speeds?

I'm not saying they use their speed in new, exotic ways, I'm implying they apply that speed towards the way they normally fight, even if they NEVER do that in comics.

Sr J-Bieb
Isn't that PIS, not CIS?

This is from the rules:

So, Bizarro not using his super speed = PIS. Bizarro being really tactically stupid = CIS.

Leastways, that's how it sounds to me. The plot won't allow Flash to use his speed. We know he has it. We know he uses it. Him not using his speed is PIS, because that's what he's known for. It's not his stupidity that doesn't allow him to use his speed, it's strictly plot. Unlike PG, who is not known for using effective speed at all, also she sucks.

But tossing punches or dodging? Even if they do this stuff at non super speeds?

I'm not saying they use their speed in new, exotic ways, I'm implying they apply that speed towards the way they normally fight, even if they NEVER do that in comics. How is that not new, or exotic for them then?
"Power Girl never fought this way before, but I'll be damned if she doesn't use it now!"

How about this, and I know it's crazy, but bear with me... how about Power Girl fights the way she normally does in comics?

bbrem123
mags wins

cdtm
Probably not much point in posting these, seeing it seems like everyones mind is made up, but just to prove PG does have speed feats:

PG (and Supergirl) build complicated machinery within minutes, what it would take 'Mr. Terrific days:

http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx263/zvelf/DC/Power_Girl-scientific_skill_and_speed_02.jpg

PG blitzing Wonder Woman:

http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx263/zvelf/DC/Power_Girl_vs_WW-WW041.jpg

Faster then a speeding bullet:

http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx263/zvelf/DC/Power_Girl_much_faster_than_bullet_01.jpg

http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx263/zvelf/DC/Power_Girl_much_faster_than_bullet_02.jpg

Q99
Probably not much point in posting these, seeing it seems like everyones mind is made up, but just to prove PG does have speed feats:

PG (and Supergirl) build complicated machinery within minutes, what it would take 'Mr. Terrific days:

Which comic was that from? I don't recognize it and it looks interesting.

Zack Fair

http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx263/zvelf/DC/Power_Girl-scientific_skill_and_speed_02.jpg

http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx263/zvelf/DC/Power_Girl_much_faster_than_bullet_01.jpg

http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx263/zvelf/DC/Power_Girl_much_faster_than_bullet_02.jpg

Cool scans. I like how PG looks in the first scan
Did the battle with Diana continue or was it stopped? Can you post the fight. Looks interesting and lol@PG's monologue

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Cool scans. I like how PG looks in the first scan
Did the battle with Diana continue or was it stopped? Can you post the fight. Looks interesting and lol@PG's monologue
IIRC Diana used her superior skills and lasso to shut PG down/break whatever influence was making them fight.

Blair Wind
Why is Iceman in DC? confused

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Why is Iceman in DC? confused
Icicle.

Who actually predates Iceman by 16 years btw.

leonidas

sweet scans. still don't think it would be easy for mags--unless he goes and gets all exotic--but he does take this.

I got the names mixed up, Paulie was the character that Mags was unable to harm because he was too durable.

That means that anyone more durable then Paulie, Mags can't hurt them, Power Girl included

No they weren't nukes, not once were the words nukes even mentioned. Liar

Magneto was also amped by the device he was using to perform planetary feats

You fail again moron, go suck Magnetos wrinly cock somewhere else

you dont get omerta's power do you? it is no low feat not being able to iron rip him. and mags still dealt with him ina split second

he has performed planetary feats without being amped at all and they were nukes, you would have to be retarded to think otherwise. oh right...

right, the same bullet feat that him 30 ****ing hours to do. vs someone who can beat the crap out of characters like black adam, superman and supergirl

face it son, i know u want to suck mags wrinkly dick but hes a mid tier character who can't hurt durable characters and can' barely block a nuke...while amped... yeah that one. pulling a planet destroying object moving away from at millions of c from the other end of the galaxy in 30 hours while completely isolating himself physically and telepathically. its clear he also had to accelerate it even further to make it reach earth so fast

Screw ODG, he's pretty obviously arguing in bad faith..

So yeah, Magneto wins this. docro polaris has depowered SM that way too. I actually think regular blasting, emps to the brain and such would do the trick

Allankles
On average I think PG would take this. Someone brought up Triumph but I'm not sure how valid that point is, unless Mags has a similar feat - if that's the case Mags would get the majority.

carver9
I can't see Magneto losing to PG. She is powerful but not powerful enough to hold the edge in this fight.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Allankles
On average I think PG would take this. Someone brought up Triumph but I'm not sure how valid that point is, unless Mags has a similar feat - if that's the case Mags would get the majority. Magneto manipulated Proteus' energy. But I mean, he was obviously an energy-based foe.

I don't think Magneto has manipulated the internal energies of, less obvious energy-based opponents, like say, Cyclops, Havok or Sunfire, etc. regularly, if at all.

JakeTheBank
It would be badass if he did, though.

Magneto manipulated Proteus' energy. But I mean, he was obviously an energy-based foe.

I don't think Magneto has manipulated the internal energies of, less obvious energy-based opponents, like say, Cyclops, Havok or Sunfire, etc. regularly, if at all. well he has manipulated brainwaves, I realize that is not the same, but it does show control over phisiological processes

Existere
Magneto manipulated Proteus' energy. But I mean, he was obviously an energy-based foe.

I don't think Magneto has manipulated the internal energies of, less obvious energy-based opponents, like say, Cyclops, Havok or Sunfire, etc. regularly, if at all. Well, didn't he perform an energy suck on Phoenix? Or something... I forget the scan.

OneDumbG0
^ I am only aware of Xorneto transferring the energy of "a planetary heart atttack" into Jean and killing her.

Originally posted by Existere
Well, didn't he perform an energy suck on Phoenix? Or something... I forget the scan. when was this?

Existere
http://imageshack.us/f/49/classicxmen01817rd4.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/f/405/classicxmen01818ee7.jpg/

Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Here:
- Mags takes a hit from Cyclops blasts.
- Manages to erect shield after the blast and block a punch from Colossus.
- Then Casually zaps Beast with Electricity and flings him into a wall.
- Takes an attack from Storms blizzard which further enhances his magnetic powers.(The Cold makes him a super conductor)
- Similtaneously controls the rate at which Colossus(Falls) and Nightcrawler(Rises) knocking them both out.
- Magneto can control SOUND he warps Banshees sonic scream back at him.
- His shields take hits from Cyclops and Phoenix.
- He even withstands her physical and psychic assault.
- His shields hold against her attacks.
- He's drawing the life energy from her like a sponge.
- He can tap into the Earths Magnetic field to increase his power.
- Beats the X-Men for the second time and places them in these highly developed chairs linked to their nervous systems that supresses their powers and reduces their strength and muscle contraction to infancy.

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/6108/classicxmen01812rq9.th.jpghttp://img405.imageshack.us/img405/9892/classicxmen01813mq3.th.jpghttp://img405.imageshack.us/img405/5448/classicxmen01814jk7.th.jpghttp://img49.imageshack.us/img49/4386/classicxmen01815vi9.th.jpghttp://img405.imageshack.us/img405/8204/classicxmen01816tn3.th.jpghttp://img49.imageshack.us/img49/6770/classicxmen01817rd4.th.jpghttp://img405.imageshack.us/img405/6794/classicxmen01818ee7.th.jpghttp://img405.imageshack.us/img405/1732/classicxmen01819xf2.th.jpghttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/8913/classicxmen01820xh1.th.jpg

leonidas
for the reconrd, when i refer to mag's as a team wrecker, THAT's what i mean. i mean beating a team with PHOENIX on it.....

mag's is a beast adn too versatile for pg. i would still love to see the limits of his shield pressed physically though.

Konton
Mags beating Phoenix at anything is bad writing.

not necessarily, jean had limitations, it's not like he defeated the abstract

-Pr-
Originally posted by 753
docro polaris has depowered SM that way too. I actually think regular blasting, emps to the brain and such would do the trick

What instance are you referring to?

carver9
It has been mentioned more than once that Mags can beat Phoenix. Hell, it was mentioned that Mags was powerful enough to defeat Surfer as well. Writers view of Mags is kind of different than what we think of him.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by carver9
Hell, it was mentioned that Mags was powerful enough to defeat Surfer as well. Never stated

Mindset
Never stated But I bet someone thought it...once.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Existere
http://imageshack.us/f/49/classicxmen01817rd4.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/f/405/classicxmen01818ee7.jpg/ ... whoa.

Originally posted by -Pr-
What instance are you referring to? the "no more sunshine vitamin for you" instance and yes, I know the context, I do not think it would be a very good or evena viable tactic for polaris against a SM commited to the fight

Philosophía
Originally posted by 753
I know the context What's the context?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Magneto still wins the comfortable majority.

Q99
Oh hey, on using superspeed specifically to batter a single target:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b219/Q99/PGsuperspeed.jpg

That could be useful on pounding down those forcefields of his.

Mindset
Yea, Mags wins.

Q99
With no reliance on metal or particular vulnerability to magnetism, I'm personally seeing her battering down his shield and winning most of the time.

Mindset
Metal in her veins, brah.

Rage.Of.Olympus
thumb up

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/3040/magnus1.jpg
http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/4439/magnus2.jpg
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/5361/magnus3.jpg

Originally posted by Q99
With no reliance on metal or particular vulnerability to magnetism, I'm personally seeing her battering down his shield and winning most of the time.

snicker

You don't have too much of an idea of what Magneto is capable of do you?

You clearly don't have much of an idea of what Magneto is capable of. I'm betting that as far as you know, his some mid level meta who can bend metallic objects. Unfortunately, that's like saying Surfer can just fly really fast.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>