Well fed Galactus vs Pre-Crisis Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
This is the Pre crisis Supes who blow/sneezed out a sun/solar system and could travel across the universe with such blinding speed that it took the spectre to stop him from travailing into heaven itself.

Who wins?

Aakla
If pre crisis superman just has amped up powers then he is still only a mortal and exists on a few levels below galactus. galactus would snuff him out the moment he became a threat.

however, comics have been tinkering with characters in order to make story lines more interesting. so i'm not sure if galactus is galactus anymore.

I mean superman with a ton of power is still superman as far as cosmic entities are concerned. it doesn't matter if he has no power, regular power or a million year sunbath. he still exists well bellow them.

there are 11 dimensions according to physicists. we, as is superman, are aware of only 4 of them. beings like galactus and what not live in all 11. Imagine Bruce Lee fighting Helen Keller, it wouldn't matter how much Helen Keller trains or if she has brass knuckles on, Bruce would still win. sorry I got a tad off track there.

wildernesss
galactus

The Dark Cloud
This is like the 12th time this thread has been made, and G still wins, and very easily

lawest9
Originally posted by Aakla
If pre crisis superman just has amped up powers then he is still only a mortal and exists on a few levels below galactus. galactus would snuff him out the moment he became a threat.

however, comics have been tinkering with characters in order to make story lines more interesting. so i'm not sure if galactus is galactus anymore.

I mean superman with a ton of power is still superman as far as cosmic entities are concerned. it doesn't matter if he has no power, regular power or a million year sunbath. he still exists well bellow them.

there are 11 dimensions according to physicists. we, as is superman, are aware of only 4 of them. beings like galactus and what not live in all 11. Imagine Bruce Lee fighting Helen Keller, it wouldn't matter how much Helen Keller trains or if she has brass knuckles on, Bruce would still win. sorry I got a tad off track there. You kind of defeated your own argument when you eluded to "a million year sunbath", Remember the 1 million story line of some years back?

In it we saw the original Kal-el all golden up after living in the sun for a little less than that time and it made him sufficiently omnipotent.

So be careful.

lawest9
Originally posted by The Dark Cloud
This is like the 12th time this thread has been made, and G still wins, and very easily "Very easily"?........I don't think so, other far less powerful characters have found a way to defeat big G, And pre crisis Supes was also far more intelligent than current Supes and was a whiz at using strategy to defaeat a lot of his foe's.

I have no problem with Galactus winning this, But not so easily.

Aakla
Originally posted by lawest9
"Very easily"?........I don't think so, other far less powerful characters have found a way to defeat big G, And pre crisis Supes was also far more intelligent than current Supes and was a whiz at using strategy to defaeat a lot of his foe's.

He loses because he is suppose to be a force of nature. he gets hungry. he finds a planet and he eats it. if the planet puts up enough of a fight G will go find someplace else to eat. or if he is tricked into nearly starving. but a regular G, for some reason being forced to fight to the death with superman is something entirely different.

Endless Mike
This is like the 12th time this thread has been made, and G still wins, and very easily

Black bolt z
Done so many times.

PC supes was good but galactus is just on a higher level.

rotiart
In a forum battle where pis taken aside? Galactus...
In a comic... Superman..

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by rotiart
In a comic... Superman..

thumb up

Uriel005
Originally posted by rotiart
In a comic... Superman.. basically. But as I've said before Galactus has just been downright dissapointing to me these last few years.

zopzop
Originally posted by Uriel005
basically. But as I've said before Galactus has just been downright dissapointing to me these last few years.

Huh? If anything Galactus has been making a comeback of sorts.
Galaxy wiping power while near death and starving? Check.
Resurrecting yourself after being wiped out by 5 Cosmic Containment Units (the very same things that were merging TWO universes)? Check.
Going toe to toe for an extended period of time, against a machine that made the Celestials and Teneberous flee and killed Aegis? Check.

There's probably more going on with him but I'm drawing a blank. Oh and there's the possibility he's going to humiliate a high end skyfather soon.

illadelph12
Galactus via Matter/Energy conversion-consumption combo to KO.

He'd feed on Supes like he did Hyperstorm.

TheTyrant
Galactus.

Zack Fair
This is the Pre crisis Supes who blow/sneezed out a sun/solar system and could travel across the universe with such blinding speed that it took the spectre to stop him from travailing into heaven itself.

Who wins?

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/1188/12611440650874507914.gif

Uriel005
Hmm seems like they stopped making Big G the proving ground character for great heroes/villains and is actually having him live up to his role. HURRAH I CAN PICK UP STORYLINES WITH HIM INVOLVED AND NOT SHAKE MY HEAD IN DISAPPOINTMENT ANYMORE!

zeel
"Very easily"?........I don't think so, other far less powerful characters have found a way to defeat big G, And pre crisis Supes was also far more intelligent than current Supes and was a whiz at using strategy to defaeat a lot of his foe's.

yes but pre crisis superman had many weaknesses and was a very straight forward brick.

Hes not just going to sneeze glactus outta existance. Pre-crisis supes was a amazing brick and thats all. Big G destroys's him.

illadelph12
Didn't that galactic sneeze incident involve some magic sneezing powder provided by Mxypltlk?

Prep-Man

TheTyrant
was a whiz

Yes, he was so smart that he ****ed up a simple calculation.

Originally posted by illadelph12
Didn't that galactic sneeze incident involve some magic sneezing powder provided by Mxypltlk?

Yup. It was all Mxy's powder.

King Kandy
That sneezing story gets way too much credit. People don't realize, back in those days comics had a very loose continuity and you'd get extremely high and low feats, without them necessarily being treated seriously by later writers.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.