Comic book Harry Dresden Vs. John Constantine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Michael Collins
Prep and no prep

http://www.wasthistheface.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/welcome-to-the-jungle-3.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2183/2217954512_f343afb45f_o.jpg

Omega Vision
Nice.

Comic book Dresden is basically Harry with only the feats from Storm Front and Welcome to the Jungle right?

I've never read Welcome to the Jungle...but I'd say that in a prepped scenario John takes it in a stomp, he's just way better connected, more ruthless, and more cunning than Harry (not that Harry is stupid, just not on John's level). Prepless I'd bet on Harry for a solid majority, maybe even a stomp. I've never really been impressed with John's 'quick and dirty' magic.

Michael Collins
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Nice.

Comic book Dresden is basically Harry with only the feats from Storm Front and Welcome to the Jungle right?

I've never read Welcome to the Jungle...but I'd say that in a prepped scenario John takes it in a stomp, he's just way better connected, more ruthless, and more cunning than Harry (not that Harry is stupid, just not on John's level). Prepless I'd bet on Harry for a solid majority, maybe even a stomp. I've never really been impressed with John's 'quick and dirty' magic.

Agreed, Harry is a battle mage, no prep Harry hands down.

Prep, probably John, however, Harry has some real power.

What do you think of book Harry Vs. John prepped, I think it's closer but still the same.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Michael Collins
Agreed, Harry is a battle mage, no prep Harry hands down.

Prep, probably John, however, Harry has some real power.

What do you think of book Harry Vs. John prepped, I think it's closer but still the same.
I saw a very good thread on that subject on another forum. The thread stips were that Harry and John could both call on all their resources and connections and had something like 30 days to prep for a confrontation.

People brought up things like Harry whipping out his Denarian Coin, becoming the Winter Knight, and performing the Darkhallow (though that's not necessarily viable, it would depend on what time of year the battle takes place) to become a God of sorts while on the other side people were talking about John just getting Zatanna to take Harry down.

I think both sides had decent arguments. Personally I prefer Harry and think he could give John a run but at the end of the day Harry is a good person and the same can't be said for John: dude is devious. stick out tongue

celestialdemon
Harry is definitely more of a battle mage. He's good at thinking on his feet, so he wins without prep.

With prep, I can't see him beating Constantine.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Harry is definitely more of a battle mage. He's good at thinking on his feet, so he wins without prep.

With prep, I can't see him beating Constantine.
Oh I can, I just don't think it's likely given John's ruthlessness and his connections as well as his prior record of outsmarting cosmic/divine beings.

Michael Collins
I saw a very good thread on that subject on another forum. The thread stips were that Harry and John could both call on all their resources and connections and had something like 30 days to prep for a confrontation.

People brought up things like Harry whipping out his Denarian Coin, becoming the Winter Knight, and performing the Darkhallow (though that's not necessarily viable, it would depend on what time of year the battle takes place) to become a God of sorts while on the other side people were talking about John just getting Zatanna to take Harry down.

I think both sides had decent arguments. Personally I prefer Harry and think he could give John a run but at the end of the day Harry is a good person and the same can't be said for John: dude is devious. stick out tongue

You see this battle in like really splits me, the early Swamp thing, Hellblazer 1980's John I loved. The later John not so much.
Harry I at present present I adore.

I'd love to see that thread if you can find the link.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Michael Collins
You see this battle in like really splits me, the early Swamp thing, Hellblazer 1980's John I loved. The later John not so much.
Harry I at present present I adore.

I'd love to see that thread if you can find the link.
http://forums.spacebattles.com/showthread.php?t=164443

Michael Collins
http://forums.spacebattles.com/showthread.php?t=164443

Haha, I know there from the old forum invasion years with Star Destroyer.net and the old Star Wars usenet board... Those were the days, forum invasion and all manner of craziness that never happens now. sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.