Black Adam VS doomsday.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rotiart
Switch out the first appearance of doomsday's superman with current black Adam...

Original Superman died... How would black Adam fare.

Harbinger
He would stomp.

Lord_Talron
doomsday isnt scratchin the BA

JakeTheBank
Bladam

cdtm
Black Adam wouldn't hold back.

iceman24567
Adam eats bricks for breakfast, lunch and dinner

Sr J-Bieb
Adam performs intercourse on Doomsday's body and rips off his face region

Omega Vision
Black Adam 6-7/10

Don Corleone
BA , he'd get the first win in. That's all that counts in a forum fight.

quanchi112
Black Adam wins.

rotiart
Jesus. Didn't realize black Adam would get such a huge majority. Guess superman sucks in comparison to Adam
Black Adam > doomsday > superman

OneDumbG0
^ Current Black Adam > DOS Doomsday > DOS Superman.

Yeah, that sounds about right.

cdtm
Originally posted by rotiart
Jesus. Didn't realize black Adam would get such a huge majority. Guess superman sucks in comparison to Adam
Black Adam > doomsday > superman

Well yeah, at least compared to DOS Superman.

But even if they were the same level, Adam doesn't play Supermans game of letting himself get wailed on and pulling all his punches. DD wasn't really having much effect on Supes until well into the fight, yet Superman basically caused most of his real damage towards the very end, when he finally started throwing killing strikes.

Going by that, even a DOS Superman level Adam should MASSACRE Doomsday.

Cogito
Originally posted by cdtm
Well yeah, at least compared to DOS Superman.

But even if they were the same level, Adam doesn't play Supermans game of letting himself get wailed on and pulling all his punches. DD wasn't really having much effect on Supes until well into the fight, yet Superman basically caused most of his real damage towards the very end, when he finally started throwing killing strikes.

Going by that, even a DOS Superman level Adam should MASSACRE Doomsday.

Uh no. DD stomped all over the Justice League. There's no reason whatsoever to believe at that point Supes was pulling punches. Black Adam then would have been just as dead as Superman.

Current Superman > Current BA >> DOS DD > DOS Superman

cdtm
Originally posted by Cogito
Uh no. DD stomped all over the Justice League. There's no reason whatsoever to believe at that point Supes was pulling punches. Black Adam then would have been just as dead as Superman.

He stomped all over one of the weakest incarnations of the JLA.

And Superman going into "kill mode" was a specific plot point. He NEVER hit someone hard enough to kill them before that point. And he ALWAYS pulls his punches. Even if he says he's not "holding back", that doesn't mean he's hitting with lethal force, because Superman doesn't kill. See "World of Cardboard" speech, which about sums up his character.

Adam won't have such constraints.

King Kandy
In hunter/prey Superman claims he would have beaten Doomsday if he had fought smarter.

D-Block
Black Adam dominates

Cogito

And Superman going into "kill mode" was a specific plot point. He NEVER hit someone hard enough to kill them before that point. And he ALWAYS pulls his punches. Even if he says he's not "holding back", that doesn't mean he's hitting with lethal force, because Superman doesn't kill. See "World of Cardboard" speech, which about sums up his character.

It wasn't the strongest JLA incarnation, but it had some heavy hitters that got steamrolled.

I realize that Superman once said he pulls his punches, but he doesn't always. If he did, then his true strength would be leagues above BA, as the two have fought equally before. If BA was going all out and Supes wasn't trying, then Superman would be clearly superior. He isn't, so he doesn't.

Originally posted by King Kandy
In hunter/prey Superman claims he would have beaten Doomsday if he had fought smarter.

I've got Hunter/Prey in front of me. I skimmed the whole thing, and didn't find any such mention. The closest thing was him saying "When I fought Doomsday before, I made a big mistake. Too much hand-to-hand fighting. Too much brute force. Have to use my other abilities first. Soften him up...." (Sorry, can't scan) If this is what you were referring to, it doesn't in any way imply that Superman would have beaten DD. Furthermore, when he then tries this in H/P it utterly fails (DD adapted to hurt Superman from a distance, I know, but there was no indication that DD was hurt at all)

If this wasn't what you were referring to, please post a scan or tell me whereabouts it is mentioned so I can take a look

Omega Vision

It wasn't that weak. It included Guy Gardner and Maxima.

cdtm
Originally posted by Omega Vision
It wasn't that weak. It included Guy Gardner and Maxima.

Compared to other incarnations, it was. Some Giffen era teams could do worse, maybe.

Like you say, Gardner and Maxima were really the only other heavy hitters, and truthfully Maxima's no Wonder Woman. Supes knocked her cold with a single backhand while influenced by Eradicator, and he's tanked multiple attacks from her without much trouble.

IMO, Gardner getting taken out so easily was pure PIS.

cdtm
Originally posted by Cogito
It wasn't the strongest JLA incarnation, but it had some heavy hitters that got steamrolled.

I realize that Superman once said he pulls his punches, but he doesn't always. If he did, then his true strength would be leagues above BA, as the two have fought equally before. If BA was going all out and Supes wasn't trying, then Superman would be clearly superior. He isn't, so he doesn't.

If you're talking about the pre Infinite Crisis thing, where Dr. Psycho mind controlled Adam into throwing the first punch, Adam was (believe it or not) seriously holding back throughout the fight. He kept trying to talk Superman out of fighting, and didn't throw so much as one punch after the one Dr. Psycho forced, simply trying to keep Superman away from him.

By contrast, Supes was attempting to beat him down.

But even if they were fighting for real, Superman would be fighting for a knockout, while Adam would be fighting for the kill. So on some level, he'd always be pulling his punches, even if only a little bit, because of his code against killing. It's really a mental block (Under Byrne, Superman claimed he'd fallen into the habit of pulling his punches against the original Post Crisis Bizarro), and something Supes can't easily overcome. If he could, he wouldn't "be" Superman.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.