Sersi vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Who wins?

leonidas
she's already been shown to be able to transmute him at will, so unless he has somehow developed a way to combat that particular power.....

carver9
Thor stomps.

Harbinger
Sersi.

Simbon
Thor tends to have trouble with anyone above mid-meta, and gets crushed by low-heralds. Sersi for the decisive win.

guy222
sersi

zopzop
Originally posted by Simbon
Thor tends to have trouble with anyone above mid-meta, and gets crushed by low-heralds. Sersi for the decisive win.

WTH? Sarcasm no?

Simbon
Originally posted by zopzop
WTH? Sarcasm no?

Just trying to get a rise out of Carver.

Harbinger
Talk about Glads, or better yet, Hulk.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by leonidas
she's already been shown to be able to transmute him at will, so unless he has somehow developed a way to combat that particular power..... Never happened.

Simbon
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Never happened.

Even if it did, I wouldn't take it as gospel that she could do it every time.

cdtm
Even if it did, I wouldn't take it as gospel that she could do it every time.

She's transmuted Gilgamesh, which is no mean feat considering an Eternals molecular control.

Simbon
Originally posted by cdtm
She's transmuted Gilgamesh, which is no mean feat considering an Eternals molecular control.

There are also a lot of people she didn't transmute, and got beaten by; likewise, her transmutation powers have been absorbed and redirected by objects before -- Mjolnir could do this.

cdtm
There are also a lot of people she didn't transmute, and got beaten by; likewise, her transmutation powers have been absorbed and redirected by objects before -- Mjolnir could do this.

Who has she failed to transmute?

I haven't personally seen her have problems on account of durability, but more because of a counter power. Thor's hammer "might" give him such a counter power, but only if he can use it before he's trans-mutated.

Simbon
Originally posted by cdtm
Who has she failed to transmute?

I haven't personally seen her have problems on account of durability, but more because of a counter power. Thor's hammer "might" give him such a counter power, but only if he can use it before he's trans-mutated.

Just to be clear -- I meant "fail" as in "did not attempt to when she should have."

cdtm
Originally posted by leonidas
she's already been shown to be able to transmute him at will,

Sersi, or are you thinking of the time Enchantress transmuted him into a tree?

OneDumbG0
^ Don't think that ever happened either.

cdtm
^ Don't think that ever happened either.

It happened in the God Sized Special, when Enchantress was trying to pull Skurge from the World Tree.

OneDumbG0
^ Ah. I'll have to reread that.

Naija boy
Never happened.

u sure? i seem to remember seeing it in avengers issue.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Naija boy
u sure? i seem to remember seeing it in avengers issue. Never happened. People confuse Ashema the Listener doing it to Thor because Ashema took a dark haired woman form.

Ashema was a Celestial.

basilisk
I can't remember Sersi ever trying to directly affect Thor via transmutation. But Grey Gargoyle transmuted Thor in to stone with no problems, and later Sif, Volstagg, other Asgardians as well. Gargoyle's power was just from chemicals, so you would think Sersi could match that.

And even if she can't, she could go for indirect transmutation attacks like blinding his vision with something, changing the air in his lungs or around him to deadly gas. Maybe using something like adamantium (imagine if she created an adamantium cube around his head).

Of course Sersi has a few other tricks up her sleeve as well - cosmic blasts, tp attacks, able to amp her strength and durability enough to smash Hercules.

She jobs or goes PIS/CIS sometimes by not using the full extent of her powers for most fights, but she could be a tough fight or at least a stalemate for Thor.

leonidas
Never happened. People confuse Ashema the Listener doing it to Thor because Ashema took a dark haired woman form.

Ashema was a Celestial.

really? not saying that's not possible but like naj, i swore it happened in an avengers book somewhere. i thought herc and thor were teasing her or something and SNAP he was a frog..... but maybe you're right. any idea where that took place?

The Dark Cloud
Take PIS/CIS and jobbing out of the picture and using full power sets Sersi is more of a match for someone like Thanos. She beats Thor easily.

AbelAnderson
Sersi.

zopzop
Originally posted by Archaeopteryx
Take PIS/CIS and jobbing out of the picture and using full power sets Sersi is more of a match for someone like Thanos. She beats Thor easily.
Yup. I don't know about "easily" but she's a monster power wise. Even in terms of ONLY physical attacks, she's two pieced Immortal Hercules.

Kryptoniano
Originally posted by Archaeopteryx

She does, indeed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.