Who can knock Superman off his feet with one punch?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Superman is braced, and can't block or dodge. The characters hit him with their best punch, unless otherwise specified.

Spiderman

Iron Fist

Luke Cage

Iron Man (Extremis)

Colossus

Doomsday

Lobo

Savage Hulk (Base)

Savage Hulk (Angry)

WWH

Captain Marvel

Thor

Thor hammer shot

Harbinger
DD, Angry Hulk, WWH, Billy, Thor, and Thor + Mjolnir. Lobo, too.

Mindset
Iron Fist.

cdtm
Originally posted by Mindset
Iron Fist.

Damn right. cool

Spire
None.

Mindset
Originally posted by Spire
None. Noob.

Sundipped
Doomsday and Thor with Mjolnir got the best shot at it.

Digi
I'd just like to point out that Spider-Man has actually accomplished this.

Knocking him out is one thing, but off his feet would be considerably easier. WWH, Thor, Marvel, Lobo, and DD would all have no problem. Angry Savage Hulk is really the only "maybe" here. The rest obviously wouldn't.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Digi

thats PIS

Batman-Prime

Knocking him out is one thing, but off his feet would be considerably easier. WWH, Thor, Marvel, Lobo, and DD would all have no problem. Angry Savage Hulk is really the only "maybe" here. The rest obviously wouldn't.

You mean PC? Spidey was charged with red sunlight.

Bentley
Originally posted by Batman-Prime

But since his spider-powers come from red sunlight, is legit.

Sin I AM
Angry Savage Hulk is really the only "maybe" here. The rest obviously wouldn't.

what makes you think he wouldnt knock him off his feet?...when he's just as strong as anyone else youve mentioned

Rage.Of.Olympus
He's probably talking about Savage Hulk at his base. Everyone past Colossus would do it.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
He's probably talking about Savage Hulk at his base. Everyone past Colossus would do it.

I dont recall there being a "base" strength for savage hulk, unless someone can prove otherwise, its just wishful thinking

carver9
Originally posted by Sin I AM
I dont recall there being a "base" strength for savage hulk, unless someone can prove otherwise, its just wishful thinking

There isn't a base strength set for Savage Hulk.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by cdtm
Superman is braced, and can't block or dodge. The characters hit him with their best punch, unless otherwise specified.
september 1st

JakeTheBank
None.

Seriously?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by carver9
There isn't a base strength set for Savage Hulk.

carver dont agree with me, it will discredit any argument i put forward stick out tongue

but you are correct, i cant see how u can set his level at base when his strength is dynamic

psycho gundam
yes there is

base only means the strength level he's at when he's at the calmest state he's at before he transforms back into banner, not the other way around since the stimulus is different (seeing betty get pushed down vs stubbing his toe)

other than that, hulk's strength can be anywhere, for example bracing the impromptu weight of of several miles of rock when owen reece dropped the mountain on the avengers in a weaker, banner-hulk persona when relatively calm.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by psycho gundam
yes there is

base only means the strength level he's at when he's at the calmest state he's at before he transforms back into banner, not the other way around since the stimulus is different (seeing betty get pushed down vs stubbing his toe)

other than that, hulk's strength can be anywhere, for example bracing the impromptu weight of of several miles of rock when owen reece dropped the mountain on the avengers in a weaker, banner-hulk persona when relatively calm.

that doesnt make any sense. and its still now way to gauge his strength level since he's rapidly depowering during the process

psycho gundam
base = lowest level

hulk's power is dependant on his mental state therefor the only time his strength is constant is when he's calm (as calm as hulk can be before he reverts). when hulk couldn't transform into banner this is more apparent.

different hulk persona's have different base levels when not riled up

Sin I AM
base = lowest level

hulk's power is dependant on his mental state therefor the only time his strength is constant is when he's calm (as calm as hulk can be before he reverts). when hulk couldn't transform into banner this is more apparent.

different hulk persona's have different base levels when not riled up

but thats an oxymoron, since 'savage" hulk has no calm state, he's always perpetually angry...just more or less so. and if what you speak is true, what class would he be at that he would not be able to drop Clark

psycho gundam
nope. classically, hulk always wants to be left alone, and when he is he calms down just enough to keep him in the hulk state since he doesn't like being banner, that's his base. all that goes to shit the instant he gets stimulated by anything (the army, some hostile alien, etc)

Sin I AM
and i ask since he's never fought anyone in that state, what is his power level ?

psycho gundam
colossus level http://i54.tinypic.com/2ymgaq1.gif

Digi
Originally posted by Batman-Prime

lol, yeah, that was kinda the point. I didn't say he could do it, just that he had.

Sr J-Bieb
Fist knocks his head off. I don't know if that counts, but that's what happens.

Omega Vision
Spiderman-No way, hurts/breaks his hand

Iron Fist-No way, hurts/breaks his hand

Luke Cage-Nope

Iron Man (Extremis)-Nope. Though he might budge Superman just a little. Maybe.

Colossus-Nope.

Doomsday-Yes.

Lobo-Yes

Savage Hulk (Base)-Probably budges him at least, idk about knocking him off his feet.

Savage Hulk (Angry)-Yes

WWH-Yes

Captain Marvel-Yes

Thor-Yes

Thor hammer shot-Yes

Well apart from being noncanon, there's also the fact that when Spidey's redsun amp wore off/Superman returned to full power Spider-Man just about broke his hand punching Superman. wink

cdtm
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Well apart from being noncanon, there's also the fact that when Spidey's redsun amp wore off/Superman returned to full power Spider-Man just about broke his hand punching Superman. wink

I liked how Superman knocked him from one building to another just by the draft from his punch.

lawest9

Knocking him out is one thing, but off his feet would be considerably easier. WWH, Thor, Marvel, Lobo, and DD would all have no problem. Angry Savage Hulk is really the only "maybe" here. The rest obviously wouldn't. Are you referring to the first marvel/dc crossover where Spidey was charged up with red sun radiation?

That wouldn't kind because the thread master was referring to normal circumstances I'm sure.

Mindset
Originally posted by lawest9
Are you referring to the first marvel/dc crossover where Spidey was charged up with red sun radiation?

That wouldn't kind because the thread master was referring to normal circumstances I'm sure. Thread master, lol.

lawest9
Savage Hulk's based level has been set at the 90 ton level since the early 80's.

Don Corleone
Spiderman-No way, hurts/breaks his hand

Iron Fist-No way, hurts/breaks his hand

Luke Cage-Nope

Iron Man (Extremis)-Nope. Though he might budge Superman just a little. Maybe.

Colossus-Nope.

Doomsday-Yes.

Lobo-Yes

Savage Hulk (Base)-Probably budges him at least, idk about knocking him off his feet.

Savage Hulk (Angry)-Yes

WWH-Yes

Captain Marvel-Yes

Thor-Yes

Thor hammer shot-Yes

I agree with this list. IF once broke his hand punching Hulk , so you're right on with that.

And people , there's no reason to think Savage Hulk cant knock him off his feet ( COME ON MAN ) .

h1a8
Superman when braced has taken some powerful shots without leaving his ground. I think it's because of his flying ability that's keeping him put. When Superman was ready even he could brace Doomsday's punch.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Don Corleone
I agree with this list. IF once broke his hand punching Hulk , so you're right on with that.

And people , there's no reason to think Savage Hulk cant knock him off his feet ( COME ON MAN ) . yup, when he soloed the avengers for the like 4th time

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/hulkhhh1.jpg http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/hulkhhh2.jpg http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/hulkhhh3.jpg

green scar did all that stuff again....just with a smile on his face instead

Rage.Of.Olympus
Mindless Hulk era was pretty fun. Really enjoyed the writing and art at the time. He also tore through every opposition presented on Earth.

Except Thor of course.

psycho gundam
dr strange stepped in with the bfr, just check out the animated feature to see what happens when that type of hulk gets to fight thor without intervention

eh rage big grin

Rage.Of.Olympus
dr strange stepped in with the bfr, just check out the animated feature to see what happens when that type of hulk gets to fight thor without intervention

eh rage big grin

Dr. Strange stepped in because he obviously feared for the Hulk's life. When Thor cut loose with his strength, who was it that ended up eating dirt?

F*ck Marvel's animation department. There's a Gamma f*g running that department.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by h1a8
Superman when braced has taken some powerful shots without leaving his ground. I think it's because of his flying ability that's keeping him put. When Superman was ready even he could brace Doomsday's punch. I think his immovability is meant to be a durability/strength feat despite what applied physics might suggest.

When did he take Doomsday's punch?

Mindset
Smh at people actually thinking IF is gonna break his hand.

OneDumbG0
Smh at people actually thinking IF is gonna break his hand. thumb up

First, Superman is only bracing here and not containing Danny's Iron Fist and turning it back onto Danny, which is what Mindless Hulk did. Second, the Iron Fist is mystical. Third, that isn't current Iron Fist.

jrodslam

Spiderman

Iron Fist

Luke Cage

Iron Man (Extremis)

Colossus

Doomsday

Lobo

Savage Hulk (Base)

Savage Hulk (Angry)

WWH

Captain Marvel

Thor

Thor hammer shot

DD
Lobo
WWH
Marvel
Thor
Thor hammer shot

nimbus006
Originally posted by jrodslam
DD
Lobo
WWH
Marvel
Thor
Thor hammer shot

This + Angry savage Hulk.

jrodslam
Originally posted by nimbus006
This + Angry savage Hulk.

Thing is, how angry does he have to be?

-Pr-
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
I think his immovability is meant to be a durability/strength feat despite what applied physics might suggest.

When did he take Doomsday's punch?

When they first met.

cdtm
Originally posted by -Pr-
When they first met.

Right to the body. Didn't budge an inch, so DD went to a kick, and even that didn't actually seem to hurt Supes as much as sent him flying.

Pretty impressive durability feat, and I guess shows it takes a lot of wearing down to finally start injuring him...

BattleMage
everyone except

Spiderman

Iron Fist

Luke Cage

Iron Man (Extremis)

Colossus

zeel
Originally posted by h1a8
Superman when braced has taken some powerful shots without leaving his ground. I think it's because of his flying ability that's keeping him put. When Superman was ready even he could brace Doomsday's punch.

mabey so, but you can only brace for so many punches before you ware down. I suppose if supes prepared for it he could take a hit from hard hitters with out moving much. then again so could several other bricks.

Mindset
I can't see anyone but IF doing it.

colossulrage
lol well if Iron Fist does it then colossus sure as hell does it

Mindset
IF > Colossus

JakeTheBank
IF > Colossus

Word

Rage.Of.Olympus
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/jjschm20/Iron%20Fist/p17.jpg

Colossus should stick with opponents on his level.

carver9
Thing is, how angry does he have to be? .

Doesn't have to be that angry at all.

Also, Extremis can knock him off his feet.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Nah. Not if Clark is expecting it. His best bet is to hurt him similar to what he did to Sentry but that's about it without going above and beyond.

quanchi112
None. laughing out loud

Mr.Mxyzptlk

That's an alt universe version of both who's power levels aren't nearly as quantified as their 616 selves. cool

nimbus006
Thing is, how angry does he have to be?

Betty making out with Supes should do the trick.

colossulrage
Originally posted by Mr.Mxyzptlk
That's an alt universe version of both who's power levels aren't nearly as quantified as their 616 selves. cool couldnt of said it better myself...pathetic attempt to show Iron Fist over colossus laughing

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by Mr.Mxyzptlk
That's an alt universe version of both who's power levels aren't nearly as quantified as their 616 selves. cool You're right, that's a weaker Iron Fist and a stronger Colossus

StiltmanFTW
Colossus killed IF after taking that punch, right?

zopzop

What happened in that scan? He punched through Colossus? I can't make it out. Sh-tty art FTL.

Fifthchild

Im going to assume Superman is putting his all into not leaving his feet, to the extent that he will get hurt quite a bit more than if he "rolled with the punch" by allowing himself to get knocked around.

Spiderman - No.

Iron Fist - No.

Luke Cage - No.

Iron Man (Extremis) - No.

Colossus - No.

Doomsday - Yes.

Lobo - Probably.

Savage Hulk (Base) - Probably not.

Savage Hulk (Angry) - Yes.

WWH - Yes.

Captain Marvel - Yes.

Thor - Probably not.

Thor hammer shot - Yes.

ColossusGrundy
Etrigan knocked Supes to the moon, that counts as off his feet.

Most of this list could knock him off his feet if he weren't completely prepped for the hit, hurting him however would be another story.

psycho gundam
so why did you post it then?

Brockalizer
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
Etrigan knocked Supes to the moon, that counts as off his feet.

Most of this list could knock him off his feet if he weren't completely prepped for the hit, hurting him however would be another story. thumb up

chomperx9
kryptonite man

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by zopzop
What happened in that scan? He punched through Colossus? I can't make it out. Sh-tty art FTL.

Yes. And got offed after that. Colossus force ftw.

rotiart
I can't tell by the scan if iron fist punched through the shirt and the outside of colossus or directly through him. I don't know the issue but if that's the only scan you could probably go either way

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by rotiart
I can't tell by the scan if iron fist punched through the shirt and the outside of colossus or directly through him. I don't know the issue but if that's the only scan you could probably go either way

He did punch a hole through him. You can see some pieces of his armor flying around.

But yeah, it could've been depicted much better.

carver9
The next panel, I think it shows the hole and green blood coming from it.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
He did punch a hole through him. You can see some pieces of his armor flying around.

But yeah, it could've been depicted much better.
Is Colossus much weaker in the Ult verse or is Danny just much stronger?

Or is it a bit of both?

Batman-Prime
Superman is braced,
best punch

Spiderman no

Iron Fist, no

Luke Cage, no

Iron Man (Extremis), no

Colossus, no

Doomsday, yes

Lobo, yes

Savage Hulk (Base), no

Savage Hulk (Angry), yes

WWH, yes

Captain Marvel, yes

Thor, no

Thor hammer shot, yes

Sr J-Bieb
Is Colossus much weaker in the Ult verse or is Danny just much stronger?

Or is it a bit of both? Stronger Colossus, weaker Danny

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Stronger Colossus, weaker Danny
I see what you did there.

Newjak
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Colossus killed IF after taking that punch, right? I remember that from Exiles, yeah he killed him afterwards.

Brockalizer
Theoretically they all could. It just depends on the punch. Superman is only around 220lbs not 220 tons, so he can brace his feet all he wants, it wouldn't do him a bit of good when he's being hit with an uppercut.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Brockalizer
Theoretically they all could. It just depends on the punch. Superman is only around 220lbs not 220 tons, so he can brace his feet all he wants, it wouldn't do him a bit of good when he's being hit with an uppercut.
Comics don't work like that.

Class 100+ bricks have super-inertia...a power that's unstated but something of a convention, one that is increased when they're braced.

If that wasn't the case then brick fights would be a lot more hectic because people would be flying across cities/continents with each punch.

DickBlazer
All could. Only some would depending on who writes it

carver9
Originally posted by Newjak
I remember that from Exiles, yeah he killed him afterwards.

Yeah; right after that, Colossus grabs Ironfist and put him in a hold and crushes him.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by DickBlazer
Not really.

Unless you mean "if a crackpot wrote it" which is null since we're talking about a forum setting.

The only person who I think would write Luke Cage as being able to dislodge a braced Superman would be Bendis.

carver9
Originally posted by DickBlazer

Possibly... Batman did flip toss an amped Hulked up Superman with relative ease off of a cliff in a comic last year. I don't think they do that unmovable stuff anymore like they use to do. Writers are starting to use their noggins.

I just don't understand why people do not think Extremis couldn't knock him off of his feat.

Omega Vision
Judo tossing and punching someone off their feet are two different things.

It's been said once or twice that Batman would break his hand/arm punching Superman.

Spiderman

Iron Fist

Luke Cage

Iron Man (Extremis)

Colossus

Doomsday

Lobo

Savage Hulk (Base)

Savage Hulk (Angry)

WWH

Captain Marvel

Thor

Thor hammer shot the hulks, DD, CM, lobo, thor and maaaaaybe iron fist using his best blow

Q99
Citizen Steel, especially unarmored.

SuperiorTech
Judo tossing and punching someone off their feet are two different things.

It's been said once or twice that Batman would break his hand/arm punching Superman.

I think Carver will accept whatever method is used as long as superman ends up off his feet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.