Superman vs Thor both get power rings

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Brockalizer
Superman gets a green power ring, and is not holding back.
Thor gets a red power ring and is in warriors madness after seeing Asgard destroyed.
Fight is to the death and starts on Earth's moon.

Digi
They throw the rings away and brawl. Thor wins.

uhuh

Damborgson
Originally posted by Digi
They throw the rings away and brawl. Thor wins.

uhuh This.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Head to head, Thor all day. However, Clark will have a clear head and could potentially outsmart him somehow.

Omega Vision
Can't red rings burn green rings out?

Rage.Of.Olympus
IIRC, they burn away Green Lantern constructs and shields.

A Warrior Madness Thor with a Red Lantern Ring would be pretty damn scary. Clark's best bet is to keep a distance and somehow try to outsmart him but I don't think that's likely.

carver9
At the beginning of the match, Thor hands Clark HIS power ring and still whip that a** for a majority.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
IIRC, they burn away Green Lantern constructs and shields.

A Warrior Madness Thor with a Red Lantern Ring would be pretty damn scary. Clark's best bet is to keep a distance and somehow try to outsmart him but I don't think that's likely.
Green Rings never seemed all that effective against the RLs without a Blue Ring in the vicinity.

These stips seem to favor Thor, giving him two amps, including one amp that can potentially nullify Clark's amp.

Does Thor use his exotic powers while he's in WM mode?

BlackZero30x
well this feels kinda like its favoring thor. red has the advantage over the green but green could come out the winner. It really depends on the user.

in this situation Thor.

But for the record red can(is suppose to) burn through anything except the blue spectrum.

cdtm
The Red Ring beats the Green Ring, but I can't see it actually hurting Clark.

Which means this devolves into a slugfest. IMO, Superman can win that, with the trusty old speed blitz, or simply pulling what he did against Mongul and dodging, then hitting, then dodging, then hitting, and just keeps doing it until he wins...

.....but if he gets hit, Thor WILL knock him out.

Harbinger
Thor, given the stips.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by cdtm
The Red Ring beats the Green Ring, but I can't see it actually hurting Clark.

Really? Not even a tickle?

Either you're underrating the Red Ring's power or you have a very high estimation of Superman's durability. I think Superman could stand up to a Red Lantern's attacks, but they would hurt him.

cdtm
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Really? Not even a tickle?

Either you're underrating the Red Ring's power or you have a very high estimation of Superman's durability. I think Superman could stand up to a Red Lantern's attacks, but they would hurt him.

By hurt, I meant "injure".

Yeah, he'll probably feel it.

Omega Vision
By hurt, I meant "injure".

Yeah, he'll probably feel it.
Playing with semantics now? uhuh

He'll definitely "feel" it.

I think one thing that should be considered here though is experience. I'm actually of the opinion that given the stips Thor should take a solid majority, but Superman has experience with the Green Lantern Ring whereas Thor has none with his ring. Granted you don't need much skill to be a Red Lantern but my point is that Superman's intelligence/finesse advantage will be increased all the more.

That's why I think its still competitive even if the stips are slanted decidedly toward Thor.

cdtm
Playing with semantics now? uhuh

Would I lie to you? confused

Or maybe I meant "stop". I dunno, I wasn't think about Supermans discomfort when I posted that, only whether it could stop him.

Experience is valuable, yeah, but that doesn't help if an opponent can simply shut your powers down. And the flame of red rings is proven to do exactly that against green rings.

Omega Vision
Would I lie to you? confused

Or maybe I meant "stop". I dunno, I wasn't think about Supermans discomfort when I posted that, only whether it could stop him.

Experience is valuable, yeah, but that doesn't help if an opponent can simply shut your powers down. And the flame of red rings is proven to do exactly that against green rings.
Well it's not exactly "shutting down", I said that Thor's ring could potentially nullify the effectiveness of Clark's because Red rings can burn through green constructs and in close proximity can even burn them out. But if it was that simple the Red Lantern Corps would have utterly steamrolled the GLC.

shokosugi
Superman wins via blitz. with or without ring.

cdtm
Well it's not exactly "shutting down", I said that Thor's ring could potentially nullify the effectiveness of Clark's because Red rings can burn through green constructs and in close proximity can even burn them out. But if it was that simple the Red Lantern Corps would have utterly steamrolled the GLC.

Isn't that more because of the aid of the Blue Lanterns?

I can't think of too many examples of Red Lanterns and Green Lanterns fighting, except for the Rage of the Red Lantern comics, and that involved the Blue ring slingers playing support.

quanchi112
Thor wins.

Cogito
An intelligent Supes would ignore Thor and fly into the sun. From there, he shits all over Thor.

If he doesn't do that, he loses.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.