Time Trapper vs Great Darkness Darkseid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Who wins?

Prep-Man
Good one. I'm not sure. :/

Harbinger
Didn't this already happen (with GDS DS taking the Trapper's powers)?

Pikey Pete
Originally posted by Harbinger
Didn't this already happen (with GDS DS taking the Trapper's powers)?

Uh huh, and he did it effortlessly.

Endless Mike
That was just a Controller stand-in

Pikey Pete
Originally posted by Endless Mike
That was just a Controller stand-in

not at the time it wasn't.

Endless Mike
Yeah it was. Check the respect thread

cdtm
I think the point is, was he intended as the real Time Trapper initially, or was he always meant to be a Controller stand in? The difference would mean the writer intended Darkseid to defeat the real deal, meaning he really believes he's that powerful, and for whatever reason changed his mind for the sake of plot.

Harbinger
Always thought it was intended to be the actual TT, but it's been a while since I read the story, so I could be wrong.

cdtm
For what it's worth, Darkseid also effortlessly defeated Mordru, who was enough of a threat to the genuine Time Trapper that he actually was instrumental in forming the Legion to counter him.

OneDumbG0
^ How strong was Mordru at that time? Originally posted by cdtm
I think the point is, was he intended as the real Time Trapper initially, or was he always meant to be a Controller stand in? The difference would mean the writer intended Darkseid to defeat the real deal, meaning he really believes he's that powerful, and for whatever reason changed his mind for the sake of plot. Yeah, but the same thing could be said of when Darkseid gets beaten up and people argue that was only an avatar (although at the time, it was intended to be the real Darkseid).

People would probably be up in arms with that sort of reasoning, regardless of its merit.

cdtm
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ How strong was Mordru at that time? Yeah, but the same thing could be said of when Darkseid gets beaten up and people argue that was only an avatar (although at the time, it was intended to be the real Darkseid).

People would probably be up in arms with that sort of reasoning, regardless of its merit.

Or a Thanos clone being the real Thanos. Or a Doombot being the real Doom.

True enough. big grin

I'll say one thing about Darkseid: Under Kirby, he really wasn't a physical powerhouse. He was a plotter and schemer, with ridiculously powerful Omega Effect, but when confronted by Orion he ran like heck. (And he used a ray gun over his OE for some odd reason O_o )

Kalibak was the brawler.

Allankles
The only time DS run from Orion was during a brief but full scale revolt on Apokolips, where DS was practically powerless.

He was running mostly from the revolting mob than Orion.

And yeah that's the same story he was using a gun on Orion and Orion for his part was doing the same - it's called Hunger Dogs.

It's actually a pretty good book.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by cdtm
Or a Thanos clone being the real Thanos. Or a Doombot being the real Doom. Exactly. biscuits

quanchi112
Originally posted by cdtm
I think the point is, was he intended as the real Time Trapper initially, or was he always meant to be a Controller stand in? The difference would mean the writer intended Darkseid to defeat the real deal, meaning he really believes he's that powerful, and for whatever reason changed his mind for the sake of plot. That only applies to that writer and since it's been retconned it carries no weight at all outside that particular writer's mind.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.