Team Grodd vs. Team Psylocke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Gorilla Grodd
Sauron
Lizard
Cheetah
Sabretooth
Killer Croc

vs

Psylocke
Elektra
Deathstroke
Lady Shiva
Gorgon (no stare)
Bane w/ Venom

Who wins..... Animals or Assassins?

Konton
Cheetah kills everyone on team 2.

Grodd would also beat Betsy in a tp struggle and then wipe the rest of them.

StiltmanFTW
Cheetah would get turned to stone and I really don't see Grodd beating Betsy...

stick out tongue

edit: no stare... ok... I still don't believe she could speedblitz T2.

Q99
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

edit: no stare... ok... I still don't believe she could speedblitz T2.

She totally could. Cheetah's speedblitzed Superman and Wonder Woman, and also fought with the Flash just fine.

And aside from that, Cheetah is easily the strongest and toughest one here.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Q99
She totally could. Cheetah's speedblitzed Superman and Wonder Woman, and also fought with the Flash just fine.

And aside from that, Cheetah is easily the strongest and toughest one here.

Superman, Wonderwoman... not impressed, they tend to forget about their speed.

Flash? OK, that is something.

Psylocke should take care of her. Grodd's TP ain't that formidable last time I checked, he wouldn't be able to do much damage in that time.

edit: Like always, everything depends on the match-ups.

Prep-Man
with the zoom upgrade, cheetah cleans house. team grodd ftw. grodd is also a very formidable tp. around jean level, imo.

Konton
At his best, Grodd was able to control Swamp Thing so...

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Konton
At his best, Grodd was able to control Swamp Thing so...
Yes but since the reconnt, he yet to show any remotely close to that level. No ones been able to provide any evidence of current Grodd having anything remotely impressive TP wise. With out cheetah, Psylocke team has good chance of winning.

and sauron is no pushover either. animals would stomp

Konton
Reconnt? Crisis?

Swamp Thing Vol 2. Annual #3 was post crisis.

I'll agree that he's been kinda flimsy in showings lately, but that's only because he's a flash villain and his telepathy can be "outrun" and he has to rely on physicality.

I covered this in the Grodd vs Wolverine thread.

Non-jobbing Grodd should rape.

StiltmanFTW
Shiva kicks Grodd in the nuts, Wayne style.

Psylocke switches off Cheetah's mind.

Gorgon takes out Sabes.

Bane breaks Croc.

Elektra resists Sauron's hypnosis and stabs him in the head.

Deathstroke makes Connors eat a meta-grenade or whatever it's called that hurt Superboy.

stick out tongue

Q99

Psylocke should take care of her. Grodd's TP ain't that formidable last time I checked, he wouldn't be able to do much damage in that time.

edit: Like always, everything depends on the match-ups.

Impressive of Psylocke, being able to do 2 things at once... I don't think Psylocke could take her out mentally before Cheetah got to her (Cheetah's a god, who tend not to be the easiest to affect mentally), but while fighting Grodd telepathically at the same time? That is impressive wink

So yea, basically Cheetah turns this into a very one-sided matchup.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Q99
Impressive of Psylocke, being able to do 2 things at once... I don't think Psylocke could take her out mentally before Cheetah got to her (Cheetah's a god, who tend not to be the easiest to affect mentally), but while fighting Grodd telepathically at the same time? That is impressive wink

So yea, basically Cheetah turns this into a very one-sided matchup.

What I meant was that Grodd wouldn't pay attention to her, but to her teammates. At least in the scenario I made up.

Didn't Batman put Cheetah in her place?

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Konton
Reconnt? Crisis?

Swamp Thing Vol 2. Annual #3 was post crisis.

I'll agree that he's been kinda flimsy in showings lately, but that's only because he's a flash villain and his telepathy can be "outrun" and he has to rely on physicality.

I covered this in the Grodd vs Wolverine thread.

Non-jobbing Grodd should rape.

Originally posted by King Castle

impressive that Gorilla Grodd ape link allowed him to manipulate his fellow apes, as impressive as Lizards and vermin's own TP but how that working similarly to logan doesnt translate the same to manipulating Wolverine.

nice attempt to slip the ape link passed us.

also consistency matters.

Q99
What I meant was that Grodd wouldn't pay attention to her, but to her teammates. At least in the scenario I made up.

Didn't Batman put Cheetah in her place?

There have been some writers who have no idea that she's supposed to be a goddess, but far more consistent showings that make it clear that no, she's way out of that league (to state the obvious; she takes hits from Wonder Woman. Black Lightning's lightning at full doesn't KO her. Etc.).

The Secret Six 'fought' her, and their response was basically "We're screwed," and she kicked their asses without superspeed, just pwning them at normal speed. Bane attacks, she shoves Bane through the wall. They escaped only by tricking a high-powered villain to attack her.

This is Cheetah vs street levelers.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.