Odin VS The Annihilators

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wildernesss
Odin VS The Annihilators

no bfr. no illusion casting allowed.

silver surfer (most powerful version)
gladiator (at his highest known confidence)
beta ray bill
quasar
ronan
ikon

who wins?

1. no prep

2. 24 hours prep for the team

Bentley
The team loses the first and might lose the second depending in what kind of prep they can pull from their *sses.

Harbinger
The Annihilators die in both scenarios.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I don't really understand the point of putting these type of heralds against Odin. One shots all around.

Not really sure what they can come up with in 24 hours. They don't have a plot device prep master like Reed on the team.

wildernesss
right, they only have silver surfer's galactus connections. what a rip off.

Bentley
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I don't really understand the point of putting these type of heralds against Odin. One shots all around.

Not really sure what they can come up with in 24 hours. They don't have a plot device prep master like Reed on the team.

Well, IF Surfer can synthetize the Odin force, AND they somehow use the Quantum Bands and the Universal Weapon to focus the energy and drain Odin, MAYBE they could do some damage. They've never shown this kind of tactics though.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by wildernesss
right, they only have silver surfer's galactus connections. what a rip off.

And what in the hell does that entail? Is he gonna get Galactus to fight the battle for him? Get his hands on the Ultimate Nullifier?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Bentley
Well, IF Surfer can synthetize the Odin force, AND they somehow use the Quantum Bands and the Universal Weapon to focus the energy and drain Odin, MAYBE they could do some damage. They've never shown this kind of tactics though.

1. A lot of big if's.

2. Draining Odin is a possibility and it could work. IF he was unconscious, weakened or there was some other extenuating circumstance. This is based on the scene with Annihilus and the Cosmic Rod. In the middle of a battle however? I doubt it. Especially since Odin has energy draining capabilities of his own that are pretty vast, especially when you consider the fact that he enchanted Mjolnir. Besides, with Odin's power reserves, even if he let it happen, it wouldn't matter. Not imho. Think of the Quasar/Surfer fight except there being a significantly larger gap in power.

wildernesss
And what in the hell does that entail? Is he gonna get Galactus to fight the battle for him? Get his hands on the Ultimate Nullifier?

i dunno. maybe galactus could give surfer some PIS device for an easy win.

Bentley
1. A lot of big if's.

2. Draining Odin is a possibility and it could work. IF he was unconscious, weakened or there was some other extenuating circumstance. This is based on the scene with Annihilus and the Cosmic Rod. In the middle of a battle however? I doubt it. Especially since Odin has energy draining capabilities of his own that are pretty vast, especially when you consider the fact that he enchanted Mjolnir. Besides, with Odin's power reserves, even if he let it happen, it wouldn't matter. Not imho. Think of the Quasar/Surfer fight except there being a significantly larger gap in power.

We already saw the use of the Universal Weapon to accelerate a monumental feat, because transmutating two stars it's massive considering what the Annis have done in matter transmutation. The incremental gain in the combination would, imo, be enough acceleration to pose a threat to Odin.

Of course, in 24 hours of prep they might not make it, and it's not a foolproof plan either.

janus77
simple. Surfer calls Galactus, explains what's up.
Galactus raises an eyebrow , tells Surfer to stop wasting time playing with his friends and go find more snacks... "Galactus has the munchies!" ... "oh and Odin's dead".

the end.

wildernesss
with prep, surfer blasts odin with the nullifier. roll credits.

Bentley
If the Surfer is to remain in character he wouldn't shoot the nullifier.

wildernesss
surfer could give quasar the nullifier. quasar had some experience with it during the infinity war.

Bentley
If Surfer stays in character he wouldn't give the Nullifier to anyone smile

Rage.Of.Olympus
We already saw the use of the Universal Weapon to accelerate a monumental feat, because transmutating two stars it's massive considering what the Annis have done in matter transmutation. The incremental gain in the combination would, imo, be enough acceleration to pose a threat to Odin.

Of course, in 24 hours of prep they might not make it, and it's not a foolproof plan either.

Really? I don't. Working together they fused two Stars. An impressive feat no doubt, but on the scale that Odin's worked on, it's....well, I don't want to belittle it. They'll be nothing more than an annoyance in a direct confrontation.

And since we're on the topic, Ronan's Universal Weapon was proven inferior to Mjolnir and couldn't even begin analyzing it despite it's matter manipulation abilities:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/DefeatsRonan1.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/DefeatsRonan2.jpg

Once again it proves to be noticeably inferior to the power of Asgard:
http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/8066/universalweapon1.jpg
http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/1994/universalweapon2.jpg

Not exactly the best track record when the Universal Weapon is the crux of a strategy against Odin himself.

Endless Mike
Annihilators get annihilated

wildernesss
If Surfer stays in character he wouldn't give the Nullifier to anyone smile

lol....surfer's character has fluctuated as of late. he seems to be more edgy, aggressive, etc. however, i agree that he has principally been depicted as a pacifist throughout most of his tenure as a hero.

JakeTheBank
Odin.

Batman-Prime
Personally I think that the Team is powerful enough to take both scenarios for a majority. But I'm not sure how powerful Odin is these days. I want to see first how he does against Galactus.

Black bolt z
Surfers most poweful version is the keeper.

Would this not mean he beats odin fairly easy?

Any version other than keeper and they get annihilated though.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Personally I think that the Team is powerful enough to take both scenarios for a majority. But I'm not sure how powerful Odin is these days. I want to see first how he does against Galactus.

Of course you do...then again, you also think Superman can beat Thanos for a majority.. that really tells us all we need to know. Odin one shots them all. With prep.. they take some wins... but Odin still wins a slight majority... 6/10

Bentley
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Surfers most poweful version is the keeper.

Would this not mean he beats odin fairly easy?

Any version other than keeper and they get annihilated though.

Why do you think Keeper could take on Odin?

zopzop
Please stop with this. BRB isn't even a factor because freaking ODIN created his hammer! So he's out.

The rest of them get one shotted like Surfer did in the Blood and Thunder Arc. PS, the "prep" time is a joke. None of these people are known for their "prep" skills.

Odin 10/10 in both scenarios.

Nihilist
Odin welcomes them all to one shot city

nimbus006
Really? I don't. Working together they fused two Stars. An impressive feat no doubt, but on the scale that Odin's worked on, it's....well, I don't want to belittle it. They'll be nothing more than an annoyance in a direct confrontation.

And since we're on the topic, Ronan's Universal Weapon was proven inferior to Mjolnir and couldn't even begin analyzing it despite it's matter manipulation abilities:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/DefeatsRonan1.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/DefeatsRonan2.jpg

Once again it proves to be noticeably inferior to the power of Asgard:
http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/8066/universalweapon1.jpg
http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/1994/universalweapon2.jpg

Not exactly the best track record when the Universal Weapon is the crux of a strategy against Odin himself.

Honestly, these scans don't really show Mjolnir having a huge level of superiority over the UW. All I see in both scenarios is Thor being bailed out. Obviously, the first is Masterson and therefore not a great comparison, but even in the 2nd, Ronan is taking on several Avengers.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not implying that Ronan is on Thor's level, but these scans don't really prove your point too well.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Of course you do...then again, you also think Superman can beat Thanos for a majority.. that really tells us all we need to know. Odin one shots them all. With prep.. they take some wins... but Odin still wins a slight majority... 6/10

bored

I will reply to you troll attempt...

Wrong thread and it must really pain you that some people don't agree with you that Thanos is superior, huh? Yes Superman could and imho would win against Thanos. He has what he needs and he faced greater threats. You don't have to like it and this doesn't belong here anyway.

As for this thread. The Annhillators are a group of the most powerful Heralds in the Universe and I'm not sure if Odin is on the same level as he was during the Silver Age (it seems Marvel has its own PC days). That's why I said I want to see the fight against Galactus first. But I know it's hard to understand.

The reborn Asgardians, are they as powerful as their SA counterparts?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Nihilist
Odin welcomes them all to one shot city

Population: The Annihilators.

leonidas
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Population: The Annihilators.

laughing out loud

pretty much. though odin likely one-shots a couple with stormbreaker....

quanchi112
bored

Wrong thread and it must really pain you that some people don't agree with you that Thanos is superior, huh? Yes Superman could and imho would win against Thanos. He has what he needs and he faced greater threats. You don't have to like it and this doesn't belong here anyway.

As for this thread. The Annhillators are a group of the most powerful Heralds in the Universe and I'm not sure if Odin is on the same level as he was during the Silver Age (it seems Marvel has its own PC days). That's why I said I want to see the fight against Galactus first. But I know it's hard to understand.

The reborn Asgardians, are they as powerful as their SA counterparts? Superman has also been unable to best peers like Orion or Black Adam. Thanos has never been unable to get the better of someone along this level and has always been portrayed above this tier unlike Superman. smile

Bentley
Originally posted by quanchi112
Superman has also been unable to best peers like Orion or Black Adam. Thanos has never been unable to get the better of someone along this level and has always been portrayed above this tier unlike Superman. smile

Except when he got trashed by BRB for example. Let's not pretend Thor always wins.

Sr J-Bieb
bored

The reborn Asgardians, are they as powerful as their SA counterparts? The mere fact that he's taking on Galactus probably says he's way above the team...

Everyone gets one shotted, except Surfer, who can probably take 2-3 shots now.

quanchi112
Except when he got trashed by BRB for example. Let's not pretend Thor always wins. What does Thor have to do with Thanos ? Please regain control and make some sense out of your next post.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
The mere fact that he's taking on Galactus probably says he's way above the team...

Everyone gets one shotted, except Surfer, who can probably take 2-3 shots now.

We will see. I think it's better to wait and decide later.

Rage.Of.Olympus
bored

The reborn Asgardians, are they as powerful as their SA counterparts?
http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/8016/warlock2518.th.jpghttp://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1420/warlock2519.th.jpghttp://img851.imageshack.us/img851/5157/warlock2522.th.jpg

1994, written by Starlin, and yet he's still one shotting High End Heralds.

Bentley
Originally posted by quanchi112
What does Thor have to do with Thanos ? Please regain control and make some sense out of your next post.

Haha, I actually misread the name! My mistake Quan.

Sr J-Bieb
We will see. I think it's better to wait and decide later. I'm going to assume that Odin is able to stun Galactus at the very least.
Which is more than anyone on this team has done to him, one on one, team effort, etc.

Quasar best feat against him is shielding against a blast or two
Surfer's best feat... is surprisingly from his first arc where he trapped him
Beta's is causing a tiny hole
Gladiator's was doing nothing against a severely weakened Galactus for an extended period of time with many heroes and an army, before they finally made him stumble

None of this really effected Galactus at all really. Unless you see Galactus in a one shot victory over Odin (which I highly doubt will happen), anything will put him above these guys.

Then you factor in Odin's feats...

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by nimbus006
Honestly, these scans don't really show Mjolnir having a huge level of superiority over the UW. All I see in both scenarios is Thor being bailed out. Obviously, the first is Masterson and therefore not a great comparison, but even in the 2nd, Ronan is taking on several Avengers.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not implying that Ronan is on Thor's level, but these scans don't really prove your point too well.

The superiority doesn't have to be as large as entire tier gaps, but it clearly is apparent and noticeable enough to quickly overpower the Universal Weapon.

erm Smasher sucker punched Ronan, that's true, I still don't understand how that changes the point of my scans. Mjolnir was noticeably superior to the Universal Weapon, Ronan reaction said as much.

Several Avengers? That Accuser created a cone of invulnerability and was quickly proven to be no match for Thor/Mjolnir.

As it stands, Thor >> An Accuser, and Mjolnir >> A Universal Weapon, unless you have some scans that say otherwise.

You're entitled to think what you want but....you're wrong.

Batman-Prime
http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/8016/warlock2518.th.jpghttp://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1420/warlock2519.th.jpghttp://img851.imageshack.us/img851/5157/warlock2522.th.jpg

1994, written by Starlin, and yet he's still one shotting High End Heralds.

17 years... and he was dead. Let's wait and see how powerful his new incarnation is, shouldn't we? BTW how powerful would you rate the new reincarnated Thor compared to his classic self?

OneDumbG0
As for this thread. The Annhillators are a group of the most powerful Heralds in the Universe and I'm not sure if Odin is on the same level as he was during the Silver Age (it seems Marvel has its own PC days). Silver Age ended in 1970. For both Marvel and DC. Marvel never retconned their entire history (let alone the three or four times DC has done it).

Thor never sneezed an entire solar system away. Surfer never tugged a chain pf planets through space. Doom never created a time machine out of a aspirin, a hand-mirror, and an alarm clock. PC Silver Age DC characters did those things. Seriously, Silver Age DC and Silver Age Marvel have little, if nothing to do with each other.

I'm also astounded by people ignoring the fact that Odin recreated an entire planet simply by walking around in empty space while speechifying. What? That isn't a powerful enough feat for Odin? Christ.

Rage.Of.Olympus
17 years... and he was dead. Let's wait and see how powerful his new incarnation is, shouldn't we? BTW how powerful would you rate the new reincarnated Thor compared to his classic self?
The mid 90's are a far cry from the Silver Age. I can post even superior demonstrations of power from the late 90's and early 00's.

You can wait if you want bro, but if Odin is portrayed as anything less than beyond a herald, I'll call bullshit. As it stands, I doubt that this won't be the case, not when he's fighting Galactus to the death.

The Asgardians aren't as powerful in Midgard as the rest of the Nine Worlds but I don't think that really applies to Thor. So he's no more or less than his classic self in regards to power.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Silver Age ended in 1970. For both Marvel and DC. Marvel never retconned their entire history (let alone the three or four times DC has done it).

Thor never sneezed an entire solar system away. Surfer never tugged a chain pf planets through space. Doom never created a time machine out of a aspirin, a hand-mirror, and an alarm clock. PC Silver Age DC characters did those things. Seriously, Silver Age DC and Silver Age Marvel have little, if nothing to do with each other.

I'm also astounded by people ignoring the fact that Odin recreated an entire planet simply by walking around in empty space. What? That isn't a powerful enough feat for Odin? Christ. Didn't you hear, Marvel had it's own Crisis. Feats from back then don't count obviously

Batman-Prime
The mid 90's are a far cry from the Silver Age. I can post even superior demonstrations of power from the late 90's and early 00's.

You can wait if you want bro, but if Odin is portrayed as anything less than beyond a herald, I'll call bullshit. As it stands, I doubt that this won't be the case, not when he's fighting Galactus to the death.

The Asgardians aren't as powerful in Midgard as the rest of the Nine Worlds but I don't think that really applies to Thor. So he's no more or less than his classic self in regards to power.

Personally I hope that Odin wins. Though when he does it will be with a plot device.

Didn't you hear, Marvel had it's own Crisis. Feats from back then don't count obviously

facepalm

Actually they had their little crisis, and the Asgardians are reborn or "new" versions of their former selfs. And I never said they don't count, I just want to know if the reborn Asgardians are on the same level.

Sr J-Bieb
facepalm

Actually they had their little crisis, and the Asgardians are reborn or "new" versions of their former selfs. And I never said they don't count, I just want to know if the reborn Asgardians are on the same level. Except they aren't from a completely different universe with different origins. Plus they haven't had a noticeable gap in power.

You just said Marvel had it's own PC days though. Seems like you want to ignore older feats and stories to me just because DC did

Batman-Prime
Except they aren't from a completely different universe with different origins. Plus they haven't had a noticeable gap in power.

You just said Marvel had it's own PC days though. Seems like you want to ignore older feats and stories to me just because DC did

No, then you got something wrong. It seems that the "new" Marvel comics are not on the powerlevel of the classic comics. They look better these days and the feats don't seem so cartoonish. I jnever said you should ignore them. I just don't know how powerful the reborn Asgardians are compared to their classic days. That's all. smile

Sr J-Bieb
No, then you got something wrong. It seems that the "new" Marvel comics are not on the powerlevel of the classic comics. They look better these days and the feats don't seem so cartoonish. I jnever said you should ignore them. I just don't know how powerful the reborn Asgardians are compared to their classic days. That's all. smile Considering Hulk just punched a huge machine and two hundred foot tall characters into space...
Considering characters like Galactus and Surfer have way better and more consistent feats too. Hell, the first thing Odin did when he came back was create a small army of giants able to take on the Red Odins. Then you have Skyfathers having universal ramifications, and Thor hurting a 'multiversal' being who supposedly did what Anti-Monitor did. There's plenty of cheese, but there's also a better understanding of how things work as well.

Just because writers understand how the universe works nowadays (or more than they did) that doesn't mean power levels change. If they seem less powerful, then you haven't been reading the right comics.

"I never said that, but I said that Marvel had its own PC days"

Batman-Prime
"I never said that, but I said that Marvel had its own PC days"

I'm not sure if Odin is on the same level as he was during the Silver Age (it seems Marvel has its own PC days). That's why I said I want to see the fight against Galactus first. But I know it's hard to understand.

bored

wildernesss
some of odin's feats strongly imply fighting guys like thanos should be like riding a gravy train with biscuit wheels. problem is, thanos performed well against odin regardless of that.

what about odin's rock bottom low showings? he was defeated by an army of ants....from outer space. these ant people managed to defeat asgard. and how did they manage to keep odin weakened while imprisoned?........they fed him gruel. Fail.

zopzop
what about odin's rock bottom low showings? he was defeated by an army of ants....from outer space. these ant people managed to defeat asgard. and how did they manage to keep odin weakened while imprisoned?........they fed him gruel. Fail.

rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance laughing

Sr J-Bieb
I'm not sure if Odin is on the same level as he was during the Silver Age (it seems Marvel has its own PC days). That's why I said I want to see the fight against Galactus first. But I know it's hard to understand.

bored Not hard at all to understand. You don't read comics, I get it, but that doesn't mean that Odin is a subject of "PC days" (considering Odin's best feat by far comes from 1996).

It's like Odin hasn't been killed and brought back before...

Either way, Odin from any era wins here

Batman-Prime
Not hard at all to understand. You don't read comics, I get it, but that doesn't mean that Odin is a subject of "PC days" (considering Odin's best feat by far comes from 1996).

It's like Odin hasn't been killed and brought back before...

Either way, Odin from any era wins here

facepalm

Anything else would be a waste of time.

Sr J-Bieb
Concession accepted

quanchi112
Personally I hope that Odin wins. Though when he does it will be with a plot device.

facepalm

Actually they had their little crisis, and the Asgardians are reborn or "new" versions of their former selfs. And I never said they don't count, I just want to know if the reborn Asgardians are on the same level. Finally others have pieced together you haven't a real grasp on the characters you debate since bran pointed out in 1996 Odin had his best power feat in the seth story which I'm sure you're entirely unaware of.

Prep-Man
Odin.

OneDumbG0
some of odin's feats strongly imply fighting guys like thanos should be like riding a gravy train with biscuit wheels. problem is, thanos performed well against odin regardless of that. All Thanos did after getting slapped around Asgard was just make Odin more annoyed. Surviving Odin and being saved by Sif is, relatively speaking, a good feat. It's not a bad feat on Odin's part. At all. Originally posted by wildernesss
what about odin's rock bottom low showings? he was defeated by an army of ants....from outer space. these ant people managed to defeat asgard. and how did they manage to keep odin weakened while imprisoned?........they fed him gruel. Fail. We call things like that PIS.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.