Kang the Conqueror vs Magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bentley
Fight in the Salt Desert in Bolivia.

zopzop
Does Kang how at least some prep? Does he know he's going up against Magneto? Cause if so, Kang wins. Otherwise Magneto.

Bentley
They both know who they're facing, as basic information and stuff. No prep for either.

zopzop
Then Kang. He'd be able to MacGyver the slight majority of wins.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by zopzop
Does Kang how at least some prep? Does he know he's going up against Magneto? Cause if so, Kang wins. Otherwise Magneto. Originally posted by Bentley
No prep for either. Originally posted by zopzop
Then Kang. ... that doesn't make sense?

zopzop
If Kang KNOWS he's going up against Magneto OR he has prep. Then Kang. Otherwise Magneto.

Kang KNOWS he's going up against Magneto, hence KANG. Easy no?

OneDumbG0
^ K.

I don't think Kang's done anything to merit the conclusion that Magneto can only win if he ambushes Kang unprepared.

leonidas
straight up this is a tough call. with only standard gear, i can't really see kang winning. trouble with guys like kang is that the term standard gear becomes..... malleable. in a book, i wouldn't be surprised if he pulled out something we've not not seen before that can penetrate or weakens mags' shield. his armor and weaponry is sorta plot-dependent, but it's something that is accepted given his level of intelligence and tech. i'm also unsure if mag's powers could overcome kang's own shielding. could be a straight up draw. erm

Bentley
Kang can summon weapons from the timestream, so he can literaly pulls plot devices out of time ermm

OneDumbG0
^ When he pulls out a reverse polarity weapon or mutant power inhibitor on-panel, then he'll be good to go.

I prefer Magneto's chances here.

Bentley
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ When he pulls out a reverse polarity weapon or mutant power inhibitor on-panel, then he'll be good to go.

I prefer Magneto's chances here.

Could a darkforce gun tear through his shields? It worked on Photon and Quasar.

zopzop
Originally posted by Bentley
Could a darkforce gun tear through his shields? It worked on Photon and Quasar.

Holy crap? You got on panel proof of this? Because Quasar and Photon are basically EM gods and so is Magneto. If it worked on them............Mags is fugged.

Bentley
Here Photon is one-shotted:

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb6/Enteithegreat/Kang%20the%20Conqueror/Kang-Tech/Tech_Darkmatterbeam.jpg

Quasar's match against darkforce energy happened on Quasar v 60 and his shields were failing at stopping Darkstar.

Edit: Also Kang could use some weapons with shifting vibrational energies, which if I understand correctly, had beaten Magneto before.

zopzop
Woah! Yeah I remember the Quasar/Darkstar fight now. Like I said, Kang knows he's going up vs Magneto (even with no prep), Kang wins.

Prep-Man
Kang.

that weapon counts as prep and it wasnt personal gear, theyre not fighting in kang's lab. mags wins

batdude123
Holy crap? You got on panel proof of this? Because Quasar and Photon are basically EM gods and so is Magneto. If it worked on them............Mags is fugged.

laughing out loud

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/4748/defenders015089pn.jpg

Are your "Oh my, gee whiz!!!!" senses tingling after that one?

Mindset
Originally posted by 753
that weapon counts as prep and it wasnt personal gear, theyre not fighting in kang's lab. mags wins Mags could just destroy it anyway.

Originally posted by Mindset
Mags could just destroy it anyway. thumb up or tank the blast, that quasar is a weakling

zopzop
Originally posted by batdude123
laughing out loud

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/4748/defenders015089pn.jpg

Are your "Oh my, gee whiz!!!!" senses tingling after that one?

That would have but Kang has done that and more. Kang Wars anyone? If he can really pull weapons of that quality out of the time stream on a whim AND the stip is he KNOWS he's fighting Magneto. Kang wins.

batdude123
That would have but Kang has done that and more. Kang Wars anyone? If he can really pull weapons of that quality out of the time stream on a whim AND the stip is he KNOWS he's fighting Magneto. Kang wins.

Yeah, because Kang > Dr. Strange, amirite?

zopzop
That Strange didn't even know it was an illusion, so...........

batdude123
That Strange didn't even know it was an illusion, so...........

So yes?

zopzop
IMHO, yes. Kang > Strange.

batdude123
Cool.

You've officially forfeited the right to have an opinion in this thread.

zopzop
Get back to me when you read Kang Wars.

batdude123
Get back to me when you've at least wikipedia'd Dr. Strange.

zopzop
Been there done that. Kang took it to every hero and nation on the planet.

batdude123
Been there done that. Kang took it to every hero and nation on the planet.

That's child's play compared to the things Strange has done.

zopzop
Like getting fooled by a simple illusion? smile

batdude123
Like getting fooled by a simple illusion? smile

Your ignorance is showcasing why you've given up the right to have an opinion.

Galan007
This might be a dumb question, but are any of these uber weapons people seem think Kang can pull out of his arse to own Magneto with not made out of some type of metal/alloy? Because if the components of Kang's tech contain any metal whatsoever, Mags could destroy it with the twitch of his eye.

zopzop
Your ignorance is showcasing why you've given up the right to have an opinion.

The scan you provided proved my point so .....

zopzop
Originally posted by Galan007
This might be a dumb question, but are any of these uber weapons people seem think Kang can pull out of his arse to own Magneto with not made out of some type of metal/alloy? Because if the components of Kang's tech contain any metal whatsoever, Mags could destroy it with the twitch of his eye.

Galan, one of the stips says they KNOW who they are fighting. So Kang knows he's going up against Magneto. I doubt he'd be stupid enough to use a metal/metallic alloy weapon.

Galan007
So what's he going to show up with? A squirt gun?

Better question: has Kang ever utilized tech that was stated to contain no metallic components?

zopzop
He's from the 31st century and time travels. I'm sure he can manage it.

Galan007
Well I'm sure we can't. smile

So unless someone has a scan of Kang using a plastic gun to pwn someone on Magneto's level, then I'll go ahead and assume, through the rule of deduction, that no such tech exists (in Kang's known arsenal, at least.)

Mindset
Zopzop, we argue what had been shown, not what may possibly be.

batdude123
The scan you provided proved my point so .....

Do you really want to have a feat war between the two? baka

He's from the 31st century and time travels. I'm sure he can manage it.

So your entire argument is based on no evidence at all. Nice.

zopzop
@Mindset
Exactly. He's a time traveling world conquerer and you're telling me if he KNOWS ahead of time he's going up against a guy named "MAGNETo" he can't come up with a non ferrous weapon? He's got time machines and Darkforce weapons in his arsenal but a non ferrous weapon is out of the question?

I find that hard to believe.

Parmaniac
So what's he going to show up with? A squirt gun?

Better question: has Kang ever utilized tech that was stated to contain no metallic components? Kang only needs to pull a crossbow out of the Timestream according to the new X-Men Legacy issue haw-som

zopzop
Do you really want to have a feat war between the two? baka

Don't bother. For every scan you have of Strange beating an abstract like the Inbetweener, I have one of Strange being overwhelmed by Loki. You even kindly provided a scan of a simple illusion fooling his @$$. Thanks for that though.

No my argument is based on his on panel showings.

zopzop
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Kang only needs to pull a crossbow out of the Timestream according to the new X-Men Legacy issue haw-som

PWNED! LOL Happy Dance

Galan007
Kang only needs to pull a crossbow out of the Timestream according to the new X-Men Legacy issue haw-som I'm afraid one low showing doesn't supersede all of his higher feats. wink

Plus Mags was clearly distracted, and with no force-field protection, when that happened.

batdude123
Don't bother. For every scan you have of Strange beating an abstract like the Inbetweener, I have one of Strange being overwhelmed by Loki. You even kindly provided a scan of a simple illusion fooling his @$$. Thanks for that though.

And Loki is above Kang as well.

No my argument is based on his on panel showings.

Show us an on panel scan of this nonferrous machine that will pwn Magneto. smile

zopzop
And Loki is above Kang as well.

And yet Kang took the fight to the entire planet Earth while Loki has trouble with just Thor.

Prove to me the machines he has used on panel are composed of ferrous metals. See how that works?

Parmaniac
Plus Mags was clearly distracted, and with no force-field protection, when that happened. I know I was just mocking wink

batdude123
And yet Kang took the fight to the entire planet Earth while Loki has trouble with just Thor.

Right, because Kang doesn't have showings that make him look weak as f*ck. smile

Prove to me the machines he has used on panel are composed of ferrous metals. See how that works?

Since when do metals have to be ferrous for Magneto to be able to control them? The metals in our bodies aren't ferrous, yet he's able to control them just fine.

zopzop
Aren't our red blood cells rich in IRON which is a ferrous metal?

batdude123
Aren't our red blood cells rich in IRON which is a ferrous metal?

The iron in our blood is not magnetic.

OneDumbG0
^ It is in comics though.

@zopzop: Thor's straight up embarassed Kang. Even Masterson Thor's done it.

With Kang's best prep feat ever, Kang conquered Earth and promptly got his butt handed to him by the Avengers and Cap.

With Loki's best prep, he ended up forcing Thor into obtaining Rune King Thor status and Asgard ended up being destroyed anyway after Loki ruled it.

zopzop
The iron in our blood is not magnetic.

I'm pretty sure it is. Unless you got proof to the contrary?

Parmaniac
Since when do metals have to be ferrous for Magneto to be able to control them? The metals in our bodies aren't ferrous, yet he's able to control them just fine. That's something that always bugged me going by this logic (which writers use, not you) he can control almost everything.

http://www.ferrocarbon.it/deliv_b.html

Parmaniac
I'm pretty sure it is. Unless you got proof to the contrary? It's not, it's ionic not elemental.

batdude123
^ It is in comics though.

Because Magneto has been able to control it? baka

I'm pretty sure it is. Unless you got proof to the contrary?

http://www.revisemri.com/blog/2006/mri-blood-iron-attraction/

Galan007
Iron in the human body is not ferromagnetic, because it is ionized (within blood hemoglobin), and not in bulk. If it were magnetic, a simple MRI scan would destroy your body.

*edit*
bats just beat me to it.

OneDumbG0
^ Because Magneto and comic writers bludgeon the point home that Magneto is targeting the iron in the blood.

You can't pass that off as mere coincidence.

Mindset
@Mindset
Exactly. He's a time traveling world conquerer and you're telling me if he KNOWS ahead of time he's going up against a guy named "MAGNETo" he can't come up with a non ferrous weapon? He's got time machines and Darkforce weapons in his arsenal but a non ferrous weapon is out of the question?

I find that hard to believe. Originally posted by Mindset
Zopzop, we argue what had been shown, not what may possibly be.

Mindset
Iron in the human body is not ferromagnetic, because it is ionized (within blood hemoglobin), and not in bulk. If it were magnetic, a simple MRI scan would destroy your body.

*edit*
bats just beat me to it. No it wouldn't.

Galan007
No it wouldn't. It absolutely would. The magnets in an MRI machine are extremely powerful.

Parmaniac
If blood would be magnetic you could attach magnets to your body, nuff said.

OneDumbG0
^ Irrelevant, this isn't the first or last time that human anatomy in comic books doesn't strictly follow real life human anatomy.

Let's be honest here. All the times ferrokinetics target iron in the blood is not a damn coincidence.

StiltmanFTW
That's something that always bugged me going by this logic (which writers use, not you) he can control almost everything.

http://www.ferrocarbon.it/deliv_b.html

He can. Wood is his only weakness.

B2pOaNcbRlw

batdude123
^ Because Magneto and comic writers bludgeon the point home that Magneto is targeting the iron in the blood.

You can't pass that off as mere coincidence.

What instance are you referring to?

batdude123
Regardless, even if you want to believe that...

Back to my original point, things don't have to be ferromagnetic for Magneto to be able to control them.

http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/438/fallenangelsls1p07sm0.jpg

Mindset
It absolutely would. The magnets in an MRI machine are extremely powerful. Yes, I know.

It still wouldn't.

Galan007
It would cause your blood to shunt to various portions of your body, in accordance with the magnet's position (it continuously spins around you.) Moving blood in or out of veins, arteries, organs, bone marrow, etc. when it's not induced by the body's natural homeostasis, is never good. Ever.

You would shut down.

Parmaniac
It would cause your blood to shunt to various portions of your body, in accordance with the magnet's position (it continuously spins around you.) Moving blood in or out of veins, arteries, organs, bone marrow, etc. when it's not intended to be there is never good. Ever. My blood is in the body several other persons and is just doing fine there. stick out tongue

Mindset
It would cause your blood to shunt to various portions of your body, in accordance with the magnet's position (it continuously spins around you.) Moving blood in or out of veins, arteries, organs, bone marrow, etc. when it's not induced by the body's natural homeostasis, is never good. Ever.

You would shut down. No, it wouldn't.

You are wrong, buddy.

King Kandy
Magneto can control things even when they are not ferromagnetic... I surmise that he could manipulate blood, but doesn't have any particularly special power over it vs other parts of the body.

Galan007
No, it wouldn't.

You are wrong, buddy. The type of magnet in an MRI machine isn't like the ones you stick to your refrigerator. Like I said before, it is very powerful:
http://www.howstuffworks.com/question698.htm

If all of the iron in your body (remember, in a normal person there is iron in every hemoglobin) responded to the magnetic waves released from an MRI, the bodily response would be quite violent. Unquestionable.

Mindset
Yes, I know all about MRIs.

It still wouldn't.

Bro, I'm a MRI technician.

Galan007
No offense, but being an MRI tech doesn't really mean much in this theoretical discussion. Considering it's impossible, I doubt very highly that you've ever seen the iron in someone's body respond to the magnetic field the machine produces.

Personally I have seen metal (a pen) react violently when the MRI was turned on. If the iron in your body responded the same way, it would cause severe damage.

OneDumbG0
What instance are you referring to? Magneto's done it to Bova and Cannonball off the top of my head. Heck, AoA Magneto did it to Bishop. DC is the same, Dr. Polaris takes advantage of J'onn's Martian blood which is rich in iron.

I didn't know before today that blood iron was in no way magnetic. And people on KMC have been equally unaware (apparently with a few exceptions). It's comics.

Mindset
No offense, but being an MRI tech doesn't really mean much in this theoretical discussion. Considering it's impossible, I doubt very highly that you've ever seen the iron in someone's body respond to the magnetic field the machine produces.

Personally I have seen metal (a pen) react violently when the MRI was turned on. If the iron in your body responded the same way, it would cause severe damage. A pen > iron in your blood if it were magnetic.

I'm an MRI tech while I work on my masters in Biomedical engineering, brah.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by King Kandy
Magneto can control things even when they are not ferromagnetic... I surmise that he could manipulate blood, but doesn't have any particularly special power over it vs other parts of the body. he's done it on panel even, back in the 90's when that stupid mutant maggot was given a origin issue.

magneto found him wandering the desert and tore the mercenaries that were about to kill him to shreds with ease, just because he feels that way about mutants, no matter how lame they are.

Galan007
A pen > iron in your blood if it were magnetic.

I'm an MRI tech while I work on my masters in Biomedical engineering, brah. I don't follow..?

Still doesn't mean much where this discussion is concerned. Props for getting into the field, though. thumb up

Mindset
You would get it if you were a MRI tech/biomedical engineer.

I also drive a 1968 Mustang and my wife is a part time model.

psycho gundam
x-men #76, magneto manipulated the trace iron within human cells to kill them

Mindset
I'm trolling just in case you didn't notice.

I still don't think the iron in your blood would be affected by the magnets.

Galan007
I'm trolling just in case you didn't notice.

I still don't think the iron in your blood would be affected by the magnets. You were a very convincing MRI tech. clapclap

Mindset
I try. embarrasment

Bentley
The whole metallic weapon argument which fails against Iron Man and Doctor Doom but somehow suceeds against Kang.

Fine, let's play that game uhuh

Kang either: 1) Timeshifts his weapons. Has Mags affected objects in other timelines? -I seriously ask, many of his feats are bs-.

2) Temporarily shut downs Mags with his armor and proceeds to gun him down. He already stopped Eric using just his armor, the gunning down would be the easy part.

Also, Kang has at least three multiversal feats, no way Loki is above him just because you say so -you know who you are-. I'm not going to pit Kang against Strange though, that would be suicidal.

psycho gundam
kang is shit that's why

Bentley
Originally posted by psycho gundam
kang is shit that's why

He'd beat Doom in armor vs armor and you know it flirt

Sr J-Bieb
Doom and Iron Man have anti Magneto powers in their armor, unlike Kang

Doom made Kang look like a child in Infinity War

Iron Lad got a free shot off on Doom and Magneto

Strange is awful... I wouldn't put any stock in that feat at all... except for the fact that he KO'ed Hulk which is impressive.

I find it hard to believe that Kang starts pulling out random guns that WILL automatically win in the middle of battle against Magneto. So basically, Kang only wins if he grabs random giant guns out of the timestream when Magneto gives him 5 minutes? That's a pretty gay way to say your character wins

lol at Kang's theoretical metals not being effected just because he's fighting Magneto. The amount of reaching is hilarious.
"He knows he's fighting Magneto, so he'll grab a giant gun that does the exact same thing that's guaranteed to hit him because Magneto wouldn't move slightly to the left... only it's made out of plastic!"
That's a twist worthy of M. Night Shyamalan

Magneto wins, actually, following the reaching here... Magneto wormholes a planet destroying bullet and throws it through Kang's codpiece

I gotta stop coming on right before I go to bed

Also penis

ExodusCloak
Dimagnetism and Paramagnetism. Magneto can shift electrons into different orbits and shift between these two states that's how he can control blood flow and plastic missiles.

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/4286/mythosxmen003em0.th.jpghttp://img230.imageshack.us/img230/5174/mythosxmen004rt6.th.jpghttp://img230.imageshack.us/img230/9264/mythosxmen005xx9.th.jpg

Here he managed to magnetize hamoglobin by reducing the the Fe2+/Protein ligand complex ion to Fe3+ and create a nail.

Rage.Of.Olympus
laughing out loud That was awesome. God I miss Magneto from the good old days.

Bentley
Kang can just stand between timelines while getting some guns, unless that illegal, then he just timefreezes Mags ermmha

leonidas
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
I gotta stop coming on right before I go to bed

amen to that.

and that is one of the reasons why.... no expression

batdude123
Kang can just stand between timelines while getting some guns, unless that illegal, then he just timefreezes Mags ermmha

Or, just... you know...

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/940/magripsapartneo7do.jpg

Game over.

Also, Kang has at least three multiversal feats, no way Loki is above him just because you say so

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/568/terryface.gif

Not sure if serious.

StiltmanFTW
Or, just... you know...

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/940/magripsapartneo7do.jpg

Game over.

shock

Rage.Of.Olympus
Also, Kang has at least three multiversal feats, no way Loki is above him just because you say so -you know who you are-. I'm not going to pit Kang against Strange though, that would be suicidal.

Really bro?

Bentley
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Really bro?

That came harsher than intended.

He does have multiversal feats, which is quite rare at low herald. Some people threat Kang as if it were a featless Iron Man...

Galan007
Some people threat Kang as if it were a featless Iron Man... He's not?

g007-psyduck

Bentley
He's not?

g007-psyduck

ha-son

Edit: g_serious

magneto controls all sorts of non-magnetic shit. IINM any real substance can be magnetized if exposed to a sufficiently powerful field. furthermore, mags manipulates the EM force to an extent and as ExCloak demonstrated, he can easily manipualte the electorsphere of atoms.

oh, he wins and for the record he would aslo pawn iron man and whatever antimagnetic tech he came up with.

Bentley
He has failed to pwn IM. And he already was stopped Iron Lad flirt

Philosophía
Something not being metal should only be a problem for movie Magneto.

In comics, Magneto operates on a sub-atomic level, and given his displayed abilities, no material is really above being affected by his power.

Mindset
^ thumb up

Unless specifically made to be resistant to his powers.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Here he managed to magnetize hamoglobin by reducing the the Fe2+/Protein ligand complex ion to Fe3+ and create a nail. That isn't suggested at all. Magnetize can also mean attract colloquially speaking. It's a stretch that a writer would expect a reader to assume ionization has anything to do with that scene.

Bentley

He has failed to pwn IM. And he already was stopped Iron Lad flirt nice one. I seem to recall some scans of magneto taking a part an Iron Man suit that had been specifically built to be immune to his powers though. my memory is fuzzy, I cant recall the source or if it's canon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.